Awoo.

Splatoon! Bow to your immortal queen, and indisputed best girl- Marie

YoshiUnity

tumblr_nsz5ovUyR01rtr7mwo1_1280.png

tumblr_nsz5ovUyR01rtr7mwo2_1280.png

One day, r-right guys? 

Hour and a half in Photoshop, sorry

Joking aside, I'd like to see something like this. Particularly Jet Set Radio. 

*my reaction to this when seeing the pics*

yes-gif-3.gif

*my reaction when I see its just a photoshop*

shattered-heart.gif

Bye guys, going to go cry now.

• Thumbs Up 4

.52 Gal Deco has served me well in turf wars. I used to exclusively use both Aerosprays equally until I decided to try out other weapons more suited for combat. Though I wish it had Inkzooka instead of Inkstrike. I also find myself going back to Splattershot Jr. from time to time because Bubbler is pretty valuable.

There's a Gal. Deco with sub Seeker and Special as Inkstrike if you want power and the Inkstrike ability.

Mine is either the Splattershot Jr or the Nzap (Whatever the one that has the inkstrike). The bombs in the Splattershot is perfect for sniping (I actually killed three people at once due to the bomb lol) and the shield is a life saver. The Zapper is really great for combat situations and it quickly fills up the special meter which is also perfect for Splatzones due to the Inkstrike. 

I did use the Charger for a bit but I'm really inconsistent with it. I need a great team in order for me to be useful.

tumblr_nszp5dJon81u3akyno5_540.jpg

NEWS FLASH! Tomorrow evening at 7 PM PT, a new mode will join Splat Zones and Tower Control in the Ranked Battle playlist!

Introducing…. Rainmaker! In Rainmaker, both teams compete to snag the, uhhh, Rainmaker. Once you’ve got it, the goal is to carry it into the other team’s base! 
How’s it work, you ask? As soon as the battle begins, grab onto that Rainmaker! It’s guarded by a shield, though, so you’ll need to bust it out first. Once you snag it, head for the other team’s base. And be quick about it!

If you run out of time or get splatted, the Rainmaker will be dropped and its shield will also reactivate. The Rainmaker is crazy heavy, so you can’t Super Jump while carrying it. Hopefully your teammates will watch your back!

But don’t think the Rainmaker is just some shiny object - it can shoot ink like an Inkzooka. You can even hold to charge the Rainmaker up for an extra-powerful shot! The closer you get to the enemy base while holding the Rainmaker, the lower your goal distance will drop. If you retreat too far while holding the Rainmaker, it’ll explode sooner! If the battle ends without anyone carrying the Rainmaker to the goal, the team with the lowest goal distance will win.

Edited by Sonictrainer

Man, I just can't seem to win at all in this game anymore. The past week I've been having crazy bad lose streaks, even worse than the ones I suffered during the first week or so of owning the game. Before the big update my win to lose ratio was roughly 4:6, but now it's more like... 1:5. The irony is that I'm trying to evolve my playstyle by branching out from weapons and tactics I stuck with for weeks on end (for a good while I was Aerospamming) but now it feels like I basically have no hopes of winning unless we somehow manage to beat the other team by a few percentage points. I hate sounding like a sore loser over it but when you see less than five wins two days in a row it really kills your enthusiasm when joining a lobby.

• Thumbs Up 1

Losing a match especially in Ranked Battles feels like a stab to the heart. Before I reached the level to be able to play Ranked Battles, my best friend had got there way before and to be honest definitely didn't sell it to me. Ranked can be fun if you're really lucky. If you keep losing it gradually gets really upsetting. Like for reals. Such as to the point it nearly ruins your whole evening. My friend and I played Ranked Battles together a few nights ago, and after a particularly bad run of luck on the Splat Zones our moods just sank. I haven't really tried to go back to Splatoon since then. Its taken it out of me more than any other online game I can remember.

I will play for the Community Game Night tho'.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm surprised you guy's haven't tried squad mode yet? I imagine working with people you know would make it a more enjoyable experience

I'm surprised you guy's haven't tried squad mode yet? I imagine working with people you know would make it a more enjoyable experience

Man, I just can't seem to win at all in this game anymore. The past week I've been having crazy bad lose streaks, even worse than the ones I suffered during the first week or so of owning the game. Before the big update my win to lose ratio was roughly 4:6, but now it's more like... 1:5. The irony is that I'm trying to evolve my playstyle by branching out from weapons and tactics I stuck with for weeks on end (for a good while I was Aerospamming) but now it feels like I basically have no hopes of winning unless we somehow manage to beat the other team by a few percentage points. I hate sounding like a sore loser over it but when you see less than five wins two days in a row it really kills your enthusiasm when joining a lobby.

I feel you man.

It's really ruin my mood when the first game I joined, my team get destroyed. I wish you can do custom messages on the d-pad instead of "C'mon" (which isn't as useful when compare to "To me!" in other regions) and a useless "Booyah!". A "Enemy's here!" option could have been at least useful. I'm also getting awfully tired of people jumping all the dang time! I get that it helps your shot to go farther but it really frustrating to get killed by pot shots. 

Losing a match especially in Ranked Battles feels like a stab to the heart. Before I reached the level to be able to play Ranked Battles, my best friend had got there way before and to be honest definitely didn't sell it to me. Ranked can be fun if you're really lucky. If you keep losing it gradually gets really upsetting. Like for reals. Such as to the point it nearly ruins your whole evening. My friend and I played Ranked Battles together a few nights ago, and after a particularly bad run of luck on the Splat Zones our moods just sank. I haven't really tried to go back to Splatoon since then. Its taken it out of me more than any other online game I can remember.

I will play for the Community Game Night tho'.

Man, Ranked Battles are super annoying. I hate the fact that the modes are randomly picked which mean if you suck with Tower Control, then you have to deal with it for the next 4 hours. I also hate how if you totally lose, you don't get anything (beside some really small exp) even though the match took like around 4 minutes and 30 seconds to end. I felt like I wasted my time and it super discouraging. -10 points even though I got the most kills and manage to hold down a zone for a while? No thanks 

• Thumbs Up 1

I went down 2 ranks tonight lmao, I'm pretty upset over this. I know it's just a game but it's really killing my mood for wanting to play it again.

Fuck snipers and fuck laggy opponents.

Honestly its either the sloshers, awful teammates, or AFKers (WHICH HAPPENS WAY MORE THAN IT SHOULD AND WE NEED A BOT TO FILL IN FOR THEM NINTENDO) that make me lose a match. My skill is part of it as well, but those 3 factors are more of the issue.

E-liter is my only gripe at the moment. Any players that are good with that weapon (especially Japanese players, since the high ping makes it super hard to react and evade) are an absolute nightmare in A+ and S ranks, the whole game changes so that the team facing it has to take it out or distract it long enough to get anything done, otherwise everyone falls one by one, especially on Moray Towers.

Well, any player with a ping of 300ms or more is bound to bring trouble to be fair. I wish Internet ping wasn't a thing sometimes... :(

The E Liter shouldn't even be a thing. Long range and one hit kill? OP as shit yo. I understand it takes a while to charge up but it shouldn't do so much damage for a long range weapon.

The E-liter 3K is one of the best weapons in the game just in general. If you stack Damage Up on it, you only need about 45% charge to one shot anyone, it kills in two to three quick shots up close and you'll die by two direct hits from Burst Bombs. The Custom version lacks Burst Bombs but then it has Kraken so it's a really nice trade off depending on the situation. Extremely annoying weapon. The scope version is a lot easier to deal with because charging the scope narrows their line of sight to a painful degree and makes them extremely vulnerable up close but it's still a pain.

The biggest counter to it is a weapon with Inkzooka like the Tentatek Splattershot (my personal pick for best weapon in the game). I think every weapon can work well enough if you put in the time and use gear that compliments its strengths, but with all these different weapons there's bound to be some lack of balance. You can use one of the top weapons if you feel like you have to or you can buckle down, get a good gear set up going and work hard with your favorite. It's really all in your hands which is part of the beauty of Splatoon I feel.

A lot of stuff in this game can be frustrating but that's what makes each and every accomplishment or victory in it feel that much better. At least we're at the point now where you can unwind by playing with friends in Private Battles. If you find yourself down or becoming unwilling to play, try playing with people you know instead. That's what Squad Battles and Private Battles are for. Hell, add me to your friends list. I play the game a ton and if anyone wants advice on how to get better I can give that too. I may not be A+ or S (I'm A and haven't played much ranked recently) but I think I'm pretty knowledgeable.

• Thumbs Up 6

Oh man.

Ok, Rainmaker in Rank Battles requires you grabbing the Rainmaker and taking it to a goal on the other team's base. Once you grab, you substitute it for your own weapon.

However, it has unique abilities:

• It has a shield. You and your teammates have to shot it to break it down, like the Zapfish in Octo Valley. However, the resulting explosion can take out enemies.
  • If you go in the opposite direction from the goal or if the game thinks you're retreating, a timer goes down and it will self-destruct on you when it reaches zero.
  • It's freaking heavy. You'll have a easier time carrying it in ink as a squid than a kid.
  • It has chargeable ink tornados. Hold and charge to make more ink paths.

Rainmaker not only requires you to work with your teammates but it also requires you to use your knowledge of the stage in order to find the best path to the goal.

Waiting to see how it works on other stages besides Bluefin Depot and Camp Triggerfish.

EDIT: The next Japanese Splatfest has been revealed: Grasshoppers VS Ants

CMasAenVAAA7eBC.jpg

The Grasshopper is staring into my soul...

Edited by Sonictrainer

Oh man.

Ok, Rainmaker in Rank Battles requires you grabbing the Rainmaker and taking it to a goal on the other team's base. Once you grab, you substitute it for your own weapon.

However, it has unique abilities:

• It has a shield. You and your teammates have to shot it to break it down, like the Zapfish in Octo Valley. However, the resulting explosion can take out enemies.
  • If you go in the opposite direction from the goal or if the game thinks you're retreating, a timer goes down and it will self-destruct on you when it reaches zero.
  • It's freaking heavy. You'll have a easier time carrying it in ink as a squid than a kid.
  • It has chargeable ink tornados. Hold and charge to make more ink paths.

Rainmaker not only requires you to work with your teammates but it also requires you to use your knowledge of the stage in order to find the best path to the goal.

Waiting to see how it works on other stages besides Bluefin Depot and Camp Triggerfish.

EDIT: The next Japanese Splatfest has been revealed: Grasshoppers VS Ants

CMasAenVAAA7eBC.jpg

The Grasshopper is staring into my soul...

Basically, it describes whether you're a lazy grasshopper or a hard-working ant. It's basically the old story of the Grasshopper and the Ants, like the one that's done by the Walt Disney Company, so many years ago.

I really enjoy the Rain Maker mode. It really encourage of you thinking outside of the box in term of moving the rain maker toward the other team's goal. I actually won a game by squiding underneath a enemy who was shooting at me and went right up to the goal, lol. I guess the main problem is that it's a mess on getting the rain maker due to the lack of communication you have between your teammates. There have been many times where I want to carry the rain maker because of me having speed squid, which make me faster when carrying the weapon, but someone else just scoop it right up and dies couple seconds later. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Future releases of Photoshop should have a mandatory cryptic pre-installation "Are you on any level of /v/ scumminess?" survey. Here's why.

tumblr_nt6jf1YWbD1rtr7mwo1_540.jpg

tumblr_nt6jf1YWbD1rtr7mwo2_r1_540.png

EDIT: Oh, this has already been brought up.

... Well Fuck photoshop, nonetheless.

Edited by Auto
  • Thumbs Up 2

Yesterday night i gotten some Disconnection problem. i went S 26 to S 3 with 2 3 DC's in rows. was suck but i was keep my cool, Gotten back to S 53, I did throw a lot of games recently too, sometimes i feel like getting into some randoms with the same weapons and sometimes it work but overall it can turn out worse too. tho blaming the team is not a good healthy way to think. I just wished there more option to D-pad comments, i normally Use Booyah when i get down most of the time anyway.

We should made a Skype group of Splatoon if anyone looking to teamup for ranked. it could be sweet too!

Edited by Daisy-Fan

I just wished there more option to D-pad comments, i normally Use Booyah when i get down most of the time anyway.

I saw a Miiverse Post where someone they thought adding a "Help!" and "Uh-Oh" comments to the left and right would help.

Also, there's an announcement for people who still haven't tried the game:

Happy Monday, Squids! It’s come to our attention that some of our junior squid researchers (that’s you guys!) might not actually have their very own copy of Splatoon yet. Imagine a poor, poor junior squid researcher staring longingly at their Wii U and letting out a sad sigh. If this is a scenario that you’re familiar with, boy howdy have we got a proposition for you!

Visit the Nintendo eShop and download the Splatoon Testfire demo to your Wii U. Launch the demo from 3-5 PM PT on August 21-23 and get ready to get inked!

http://gonintendo.com/stories/240636-splatoon-devs-talk-character-proportions-squid-sisters-sound-de

More fun lore:

Inoue: “The world of Splatoon takes place 12,000 years after the present time and the Squid Sisters are those who receive messages from 12,000 years ago. Like there would be a discussion ‘rice or bread?’ in current time, and those words fly to another planet and bounce back for them to receive. Those divine messages come from kami-sama [kami means a god, sama is a honorific like -san].”

Nogami: “Kami-sama is written as ‘paper’ when using kanji [kami has several meanings, two of which are a god and paper], so the topic of Splatfest comes as a fax-like paper. That’s where the name kami-sama comes from (laughs).”

Yes Callie and Marie know about your Unleashed vs Colors arguments on forums, and they're judging you.

• Thumbs Up 6