Awoo.

KrazyBean

I know that DBZ games haven't been so hot recently, but the good news is that this game is being developed by the Budokai team (aka DIMPS) and we all know how good those were...well, they were better than the recent games that's for sure.

I'm excited for it simply because of who's making it really, plus the fighting looks really fast and flashy, which is good for a DBZ game. In fact it looks faster than any 3D DBZ game.

The graphics remind me a lot of Burst Limit, and that game was quite pretty.

The art style looks like ass. Did they just forget that anime games look best when cel-shaded?

The art style looks like ass. Did they just forget that anime games look best when cel-shaded?

ISNT that what it is though?

I think it looks okay :v

I'm interested, definitely. Some of the trailer comments kind of suggest more open-ended story paths or something of that nature. If this is really just another Tenkaichi-style fighter with some tweaks, that'll be kinda disappointing, but eh, it'll at least be cool to have a really good one again. This is what DIMPS is good at, after all.

(though to be fair I haven't played any beyond burst limit)

ISNT that what it is though?

I don't think so. The colors don't look solid enough. They should pop more if it was cel-shaded.

Also they're abusing the fuck out of chromatic aberration.

That's indeed Cel-Shade.

I'm utterly fucking tired of DBZ fighting games. Make an Action RPG, or a Turnbased RPG, hell make it a fucking First person shooter just anything but another goddamn fighting game.

I don't think so. The colors don't look solid enough. They should pop more if it was cel-shaded.

Chromatic what?

who the hell is the Future Trunks recolor?

A new character apparently.

it's still cel shaded but with more iterations (grading, if you may) in between rather than the usual light-shadow approach. Combined with the speculars it does give the appearance of blinn shading, tho.

when the colors spaz the fuck out

Ah I see it now in the trailer. I'm sure it's just effects for the trailer to make it look more "intense" but I highly doubt that will be in the game...well I hope not.

Battle of Z was ass and this looks like the psuedo sequel so I think I'll just pass.

Battle of Z was ass and this looks like the psuedo sequel so I think I'll just pass.

It looks more like Budokai Tenkaichi than Battle of Z, plus the Budokai team is making this.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd say it looks more like the Raging Blast series with Battle of Z textures/models. By the look of it, since we won't get any new DBZ storylines until this eluded Battle of Gods arc, or the story revolving Goku's mother, we'll see something akin to what they did with Dragonball Online/Shin Budokai 2, and have timeways based stories and alternate "what if" storylines.

Which can be good, as long as they aren't particularily dumb. But I imagine with this sort of thing we'll see the return of SS3 Vegeta/Broly as well as a cavalcade of extra things.

Basically, I'm expecting this to be a fan fiction wet dream.

Oh goody, another DBZ fighting game: didn't saw one in a while dry.png

But seriously is the gimmick of this game for trying to be original supposed to be a Super Sayian God version of Trunks? Because it looks like that from the end of the trailer.

It doesn't look especially pretty, but the bar's low for DBZ games; this is still probably one of the better-looking ones. And honestly, I don't care if Redhead Capetrunks is the worst self-insert fancharacter there ever was if it means the story's going to be something other than the Z era condensed down to just the fights like usual.

My expectations aren't high or anything, but I'm obliged to be at least a little interested since I've wanted Dimps to make another one of these for years and now they're finally doing it.

By the look of it, since we won't get any new DBZ storylines until this eluded Battle of Gods arc, or the story revolving Goku's mother

Huh? Battle of Gods and Jaco the Galactic Patrolman have both already come and gone.

who the hell is the Future Trunks recolor?

Future Trunks in Super Saiyan God mode? *shrug*

Also; blargh. This looks terrible. I mean, I looooove Dragonball, DBZ less so but the earlier sagas are fun. :D Hyper DBZ out there has got me more interested than this! :B

FIRST gameplay footage! Yep. Looks like Budokai Tenkaichi with some Burst Limit and Battle of Z elements.

The game has cancelling and dialogue during fights:

I saw a battle between Goku and Frieza. Then Goku vs. Cell, and finally Goku vs. Buu. Siliconera can also confirm Tien is in the game from an interview we did with Hirano-san, the producer of the game.

Bandai Namco talked up graphical upgrades. Characters show facial expressions when they strike an opponent and take damage, similar to the Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm series. The game uses Havok and Silicon Studios Yebis2 engine for energy blast particle effects.

The demo ended with a tease showing a futuristic city and a character wearing a Capsule Corp jacket but his face was obscured. This character and background are key to the story, explained a Bandai Namco representative.

Two screenshots:

10263996_10152457352475629_8353701463322

1965590_10152457352440629_39425662623032

• Thumbs Up 2

Having not enjoyed a DBZ game since (ironically) Burst Limit, i honestly have high hopes for this game judging from the gameplay footage and the fact that it's being made by Dimps.

This one actually looks pretty darn good and knowing that dimps is going to be developing makes me really happy and enthusiastic for it (maybe this is why they aren't doing the portable version for sonic boom?). Hope that this one has a more diverse range of characters to pick this time.

This one actually looks pretty darn good and knowing that dimps is going to be developing makes me really happy and enthusiastic for it (maybe this is why they aren't doing the portable version for sonic boom?). Hope that this one has a more diverse range of characters to pick this time.

I think DIMPS is done with Sonic games. I'd say that's for the best, although they did make some great Sonic games...but they are infinitely better at making Dragon Ball Z games, or fighting games in general I should say since they helped developed Street Fighter 4.

Looks clunky and automated just like the recent titles... Just fucking get Budokai Tenkaichi 3's fighting system, add some more characters, smooth dem graphics and call it Budokai Tenkaichi 4 and I'm sold.

I never played the Raging Blast games, but what was the difference between them and BT3, aside from the visuals and rosters? They seem pretty much the same to me.

I never played the Raging Blast games, but what was the difference between them and BT3, aside from the visuals and rosters? They seem pretty much the same to me.

Raging blast was a whole lot stiffer than tenkaichi in a lot of ways and even had a lower amount of characters (though that might be a good thing since a lot of them were unnecessary fluff anyway). It was also a bit slower than tenkaichi  was and had a whole lot less environment destruction than before for some reason.