Awoo.

Steam Summer Sale 2014: Prepare your wallet

kimplix

QGNg1wT.jpg

It's begining very soon as we know it.

Roughly around 6 days as I write this up, the annual Steam Summer Sale will begin on the 19th of June and ends on the 30th at approx 5pm BST (may want to look up for your time)

Not only that, paysafecard are doing a giveaway which you can win one of 250 pins worth 10 euro's (probably the same for your region) to go towards the Sale (I'm not too sure if it's just for your paysafecard account, but that's just me). Just write down what game you are planning to get for this year's summer sale and your details to be entered at http://www.paysafecard.com/en-gb/lp-promotions/steam-summersales/

Steam_Summer_Sale_2014_64631.jpg

Daily Deals, Community Votes, Trading Cards, Discounted Bundles, It's all about how you buy it and at what price.

What will you buy for this year's large annual sale?

• Thumbs Up 5

Rayman Legends, please come down to a super reasonable price.  That's all I need for the summer.

kthx

• Thumbs Up 1

I want Trials Fusion to go for practically pennies.  If that happens I'll be happy until November when Project C.A.R.S. comes out.

Hopefully Walking Dead Season 2 will receive a discount, Season 1 has been on offer enough times by now.

Depending on the daily deals, would anyone be interested in bulk buying to save even more money? 

Also I want Life Goes On & Plague Inc Evolved if it pops up.

Depending on the daily deals, would anyone be interested in bulk buying to save even more money? 

Also I want Life Goes On & Plague Inc Evolved if it pops up.

It depends on the price range. I got £13.99 coming soon and I wanna make the most of it towards the sale

I'm hoping for a nice drop on DMC4, AVGN Adventures, and Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae

Also gonna buy Go! Go! Nippon! for my cousin on his birthday. Nothing says "Happy Birthday" like steam shovelware.

Pro-tip: if you add any games you're interested in buying to your wishlist, you'll get notified when they go on sale/daily deal etc.

• Thumbs Up 6

I'd like to see Long Live The Queen on sale, but I've picked up just about everything I wanted last year. I guess it depends on what's on sale.

I'd like to see Long Live The Queen on sale, but I've picked up just about everything I wanted last year. I guess it depends on what's on sale.

That one is on GOG's sale right now! 

Not sure if you lose out on anything on the GOG one vs Steam, but it's there if you want it.

I spent $200 last time.

I think I need to control my wallet this time.

Hopefully Walking Dead Season 2 will receive a discount, Season 1 has been on offer enough times by now.

The Walking Dead Season 2 and The Wolf Among Us probably won't go on sale for a super low price like under 10 dollars until they finish the season and get their DLC episodes.

Last Christmas The Wolf Among Us did receive a 33% discount I believe, and something along those lines for TWD2 would suit me fine,

I'm a cheapskate, not a scrounger :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRxcSNaVCPA&feature=youtu.be

3 DAYS

I'm still not ready. Every year is the same for me: "Oh, I won't spend too much this yearBOOM£60ANDADOZENGAMESI'LLPLAYONCE". And that's usually just the first day...

One game I'm seriously hoping will be part of the Steam Summer Sale this year is Aquaria. Can someone please explain to me why this has NEVER been on sale once? Game is about as old as Portal now, so it's about damn time it gets lowered in price and I can finally try it out and see what all the fuss is about!

Might get S&ASRT. Dunno yet though. I should be able to at least get it running at a decent performance on my laptop.

Ok, so I'm currently building up my wishlist in anticipation for Thursday, which is pretty much First Christmas now. Do you guys have any recommendations for anything I absolutely must have in my library? My wishlist currently consists of:

• Skyrm: Dragonborn
  • The Forest
  • Plague Inc
  • Dark Souls 1 & 2
  • Thief
  • Goat Simulator

So what am I missing? I really don't know why I'm asking, as I still have shitload of games from previous sales that I haven't even got round to installing yet.

Well, this would be my first participation in a Steam Sale. Hopefully games I'm interested in will have sales.