Awoo.

The Powerpuff Girls Topic (Current News: New PPG Show, Coming 2016)

The drunkard from space!

Hello guis. Forgive me if there is already a Powerpuff Girls topic, if there is please merge it.

*AHEM*

Quoting from Wikipedia

The Powerpuff Girls is an American animated television series created by animator Craig McCracken and produced by Hanna-Barbera (later Cartoon Network Studios) for Cartoon Network. The show centers on Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup, three kindergarten-aged girls with superpowers, as well as their "father", the brainy scientist Professor Utonium, who all live in the fictional city of Townsville, USA. The girls are frequently called upon by the town's childlike mayor to help fight nearby criminals using their powers.
McCracken originally developed the show in 1992 as a cartoon short entitled Whoopass Stew! while in his second year at CalArts. Following a name change, Cartoon Network featured the first Powerpuff Girls pilots in its animation showcase program World Premiere Toons in 1995 and 1996. The series made its official debut as a Cartoon Cartoon on November 18, 1998, with the final episode airing on March 25, 2005. A total of 78 episodes were aired in addition to two shorts, a Christmas special, a feature film, and a 10-year anniversary special. Additionally, the series has been nominated for 6 Emmy Awards, 9 Annie Awards, and a Kids' Choice Award during its run. Spin-off media include an anime, three CD soundtracks, a home video collection, and a series of video games, as well as various licensed merchandise.

I love this show. This is... or well WAS THE Cartoon Network action show in my eyes for it is very nostalgic for me. This is the show I would go watch if I ever had a bad day and needed some cheering up. My favorite episode had to be "The Rowdyruff Boys" since it was cool to see the girls fight an enemy that had all the same powers that the girls had.

What are some of your thoughts or memories with the show?

Edited by Azookara
Merged topics with another about a new PPG show coming soon. Check page two for details.

This is... or well WAS THE Cartoon Network action show in my eyes for it is very nostalgic for me.

Makes me feel old, as back in my early childhood when I still had the channel, it was not properly out yet and were one of those shows repeating the same test project episode for What A Cartoon. Oh, those were good times!

The Powerpuff Girls was not my favourite show, but I still thought it was great. I cannot remember so much of the show, but it always kept me smiling, and I loved the way those cute little heroes were drawn. Always things happening in their town, so it is great to have three little cute heroes up for the challenge to protect it. =)

I loved this show. Always looked forward to the Cartoon Cartoon Fridays and watch the girl's kick ass. My memorable moment was the episode where Blossom turned bald and everyone laughed at her, till she got back at her sister's hair in the end >D

I still feel like I've been molested after thinking about any episode with Him in it.

Yeah. What was up with that guy o.o

Show was great. 'Nuff said. Too bad the film bombed though. We could had gotten a Samurai Jack movie if the film was successful. :/

Did you know? The PPGs were originally called the "Whoopass Girls," and Chemical X was originally known as "Whoopass Stew."

Edited by ModernHentaiQuillFan
  • Thumbs Up 2

One of my favorite shows back in the day, don't think I ever caught much diss for watching it. I liked the episode where they were all switching bodies with random people/animals because of the professor's machine.

Killer show! I've probably watched all Powerpuff Girls episodes. I really really like the pilot episode of it. They go after Fuzzy Lumpkins. Good stuff!

This show is the reason my childhood wasn't a waste of time. I didn't care that it was a girl's show, I watched this whenever it came on and didn't care who knew. Hell I watched the movie with my dad.

But yeah, its successful parody of the superhero genre and the characters are fun to watch.

• Thumbs Up 1

Boomerang. That is all I have to say. Boomerang still airs this show so I get to catch it everyday. At least one thing from my childhood went un-tampered.

Y'know, the only people who've ever watched this show that I know of, are guys.

It was an awesome show, probably the best thing out on Cartoon Network back then, in fact, probably the best thing Cartoon Network ever had. Oh, nostalgia.

It was exactly this show that prompted me to try My Little Pony, and look how that worked out.

• Thumbs Up 1

I loved this show. My favorite episode was the episode where Bubbles thought she was Mojo Jojo and she kept going off on rants like he did. And, yeah, Mojo was awesome. Still one of my all-time favorite villains. Very few could make me laugh like he could.

The movie was OK, just not all that funny and was missing a lot of the charm of the series. I haven't seen the anime, but I heard it's not all that great.

And stilll one of the catchiest songs ever put in an animated series:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SqHQowT0zM

• Thumbs Up 1

You know what I never got? Dexter met Major Glory and the others. Powerpuff Girls met Major Glory and the others... But Dexter never met the Powerpuff Girls 0_o

LOVE this show! (Even have the Complete Series set to prove it!) Easily one of the most entertaining shows that Cartoon Network has ever produced with sharp writing, great animation, and a very funny and likeable cast of characters. The 10th Anniversary special that aired in 2009 reminded me of just how much I missed this show. Oh well, at least I'm only a Xbox boot away from experiencing my favorite episodes over and over again. In terms of episode highlights, I REALLY enjoyed the rock opera episode that was originally kept from airing in the US because of some suggestive content related to a supposed cult in the episode itself. I didn't get a chance to watch it until I got the DVD set, but MAN, are some of those songs just insanely catchy! :)

I own the DVD set. I would have bought the movie to complete it, but shit 1:33:1 is shit.

The rainy day episode is the best episode.

You know what I never got? Dexter met Major Glory and the others. Powerpuff Girls met Major Glory and the others... But Dexter never met the Powerpuff Girls 0_o

And after reading that one god-awful fancomic, I don't want him to.

LOVE this show! (Even have the Complete Series set to prove it!) Easily one of the most entertaining shows that Cartoon Network has ever produced with sharp writing, great animation, and a very funny and likeable cast of characters. The 10th Anniversary special that aired in 2009 reminded me of just how much I missed this show. Oh well, at least I'm only a Xbox boot away from experiencing my favorite episodes over and over again. In terms of episode highlights, I REALLY enjoyed the rock opera episode that was originally kept from airing in the US because of some suggestive content related to a supposed cult in the episode itself. I didn't get a chance to watch it until I got the DVD set, but MAN, are some of those songs just insanely catchy! smile.png

Glad I'm not the only one who bought the Complete Series DVD ^.^

I own the DVD set. I would have bought the movie to complete it, but shit 1:33:1 is shit.

The rainy day episode is the best episode.

And after reading that one god-awful fancomic, I don't want him to.

That's like my 2nd favorite episode! xDD.

Well of course it is, it's a fancomic. McCracken (don't know if I'm spelling his name right) would have made an epic crossover if he had the chance.

This was one of my favorite cartoons growing up, and it's one of those shows that's just more awesome when you go back and watch it as an adult. I wish I had Boomerang so I could watch it more often these days.

lol Anyone else have friends that felt insecure watching it? I had a friend in grade school who, whenever he'd bring up PPG, he'd be like "So like... I wasn't really watching this cartoon, it's just that my sister had it on... but this episode was kinda cool for a girl show." I just wanted to tell him to stop being a pansy and say that he likes the cartoon about adorable little girls beat green monkeys to a pulp.

(Also, Bubbles is the cutest and the bestest Powerpuff. This is an undisputed fact!)

Ah yes, The Powerpuff Girls. I was 12 when the show started airing in my country in 1999, and i consider it one of the last big cartoons of my childhood.

My love for the show never want away, and i have in fact written a lot of the shows Wikipedia article. Before i started editing the article back in 2008, it was in a pretty bad state due to to some psychotic contributor on the site deleting anything in the article that made the show look good, even things that were referenced with perfectly valid sources (such as mentions of the awards it has won). The guy was a self-admited hater of the show (he actually said his dislike of it was "like a mental disease of hatred") and by looking at the articles history, i realized that he had actually spent two years guarding the article like a hound to make sure no refernces was ever made about the shows popularity or critical acclaim. Anyway, after a long and feirce battle i eventually won (in other words, my contributions to the article got to stay), largely due to the fact that i actually went out of my way to contact other Powerpuff-fans to help me deal with the lunatic. When the moderators saw how many people supported my contributions and criticized those of Mr. Psycho (not sure it would be fair to reveal his actuall name now that that's all in the past...) they at long last told him to stop reverting my edits.

I might also mention that i accidentally ran into the guy about a year ago over at a large animation fan forum i visit, where he had seemingly joined the forum only to criticize the fact that The Powerpuff Girls appeared on a "100 greatest cartoons of all time"-list.I have to say, i find his obsession downright tragic...

• 2 years later...

Well it's good to hear my girls are coming back to CN! Hopefully this new one won't be as mediocre as the special a while back.