Awoo.

Super Smash Brothers Tournament Discussion

VO.SUPER

It's not that, CRTs show the information being sent to them quicker than digital TVs, and similarly with wireless, wired controllers and systems send information much quicker than wireless.

Basically a wired game on a CRT is ideal for those who play frame-perfect games. With wireless or digital inputs and outputs there would be input lag (i.e. the action would appear on screen slightly after you pressed the button, not apparent to the average player or in average game situations, but that kind of tiny frame delay can make a real difference at this level of play).

Yeah, I just realized that when I remembered that CRT's were those type of TV's. :P Shame I can only get the 3DS version as of now. Gonna have to save up for a Wii U somewhere down the road.

Man why do people go low tier just use Meta Knight or Diddy and you'll win no matter what.

Oh wait, I meant Falco. Sorry.

But seriously Melee tiers are just as bad as Brawl's

Bah, bah, and a third bah! I'll sing the whole New Super Mario Bros chorus if I have to. 

aMSa was doing so well in the beginning, only to lose it by a hair at the end of it all. He really has a great grasp of control and was holding up well against Westballz right there, but made so many mistakes by the second half. Though I'm sure most of you noticed just how well aMSa was doing. He's one of those special players who shows up and changes the whole tier chart. Yoshi is often considered really low tier, but aMSa is looking to change that.

Next match is PPMD vs Mew2King.

That aMSa vs Westballz match was the closest yet.  That final round was so intense.  Yoshi casually livin to 200%+?  So much hype on that last stock.  aMSa prayin 2 win.

Man why do people go low tier just use Meta Knight or Diddy and you'll win no matter what.

Not quite as bad. In Brawl, Meta Knight can generally only be counterpicked with Meta Knight which is why he's banned in most tournaments, Ice Climbers too have a chaingrab game that most other characters can't even touch. Melee's top tiers are a bit more occupied than Brawl's, Brawl's two highest tiers have one character in each which is how big the gap between characters is. In Melee on the other hand, the top tier is occupied by 4 characters.

To be fair, aMSa could've won with yoshi in this fight still and it takes a whole lot of work to get that good with falco and subsequently fox (these guys just make it look easy).

Mew2King going Falcon?  This is a rare sight indeed o.O

M2K seemed a little off in that set.  PPMD dominated him quite assuredly. 

that was hella interesting, some seriously fast risky matches there, but M2k definitely wasn't playing his best. I guess he picked Falcon at the end as an experiment and had mostly decided to throw the match already?

PPMD's win streak is getting seriously impressive though.

What- What just happened there? 

Mew2King got stomped by PPMD. I can barely describe this here. I don't think PPMD was doing especially good, but M2K was doing especially bad. I just don't know what to say, this is the upset of the whole tournament.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mew2King going Falcon?  This is a rare sight indeed o.O

M2K seemed a little off in that set.  PPMD dominated him quite assuredly. 

Yeah I thought m2k wasn't really a fan of Falcon

Loser's round people. This is where all the losers get together to get themselves back in the fight. Whoever wins this is back in the tournament.

I considered PPMD to be a superior player to M2K in Melee, so I'm not too surprised.

I am surprised M2K had a Falcon though.

m2k is a very inconsistent player. He has his moments where he annihilates everyone and his moments where he just continually fucks himself in the mouth

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow; Soft played better than before for sure. I must give credit to Remen for really trying his best to control the whole match up, but Soft had a great air game going for him and could really pile on that damage to Remen. The occasional Rest always is satisfying for a Jigglypuff player to get for certain.

Next match, Leffen vs Hax.

m2k is a very inconsistent player. He has his moments where he annihilates everyone and his moments where he just continually fucks himself in the mouth

It's weird because he's a combination of the most consistent player out of everyone, yet also very inconsistent.  In addition to what you said, M2k is probably the player with the longest run at the top, and he's an excellent player in all three Smash games.  He places top 3 in almost everything he enters too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy shit that was intense, down to a stock each, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time, that was anyone's game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Phew! Fox may be one of those characters you can get sick of seeing stomp the competition, but simply... this was some Dragonball Z shit here. 

Hax narrowly won that lead which he was losing. In the end it came down to who had the better game going for them, and this definitely was a tight match. 

Next match; Amsa vs mango.

Really could barely believe what I just saw, Hax's initial win streak was so close to coming to a complete 3-0 but Leffen's comeback was stronger than anyone could have expected, it was neck and neck right til the very last moment, both players are so close to be evenly matched in skill. They're both the 5th best player. Probably.

Hope both players feel absolutely content with such amazing matches to show for themselves, they earned it.

These ads would be more bearable if they didn't keep showing the same fucking one, I'm sick of seeing that "black is the new orange" shit lmao.

• Thumbs Up 5

Give a round of applause to aMSa people. He really knows how to use Yoshi there. Even if he lost to Mango, he held his ground and really kept Mango on his toes. Damn, I am impressed. I'm sure tier lists will change when people see this footage today. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Aww was really hoping aMSa would bring it back against Mango.  I was pretty certain Mango would win, but that was an excellent match.  The tech from both these players is phenomenal.

I'm really interested in seeing more Yoshi game develop. It's amazing how Melee has been around for more than ten years now, but people still manage to find new strategies to keep developing the scene. I hope aMSa's Yoshi becomes the next Peach upset, because he really is proving himself for an early player. 

• Thumbs Up 1