Awoo.

Sonic Concept Art by DiC: SatAM Concepts Look NOTHING Like The Final Outcome

Indigo Rush

These concepts actually look pretty cool, if you discount the fact they were supposed to be in SATAM, or anything Sonic related. I kinda get DIC Zelda Cartoon Ganon design from Robotnik, if Ganon went all out in his pig form.

I get the feeling that whoever worked on these designs didn't have much info on Sonic to begin with, and that's why these ended up getting scrapped so soon.

dupfkoz.jpg

Wow, I forgot how unbelievably weird background characters' designs were in this show. And people are saying that Lyric doesn't look like a Sonic Character

Also:

nqrJj5x.jpg

I don't think Bunnie's (or anyone else, for that matter) expressions ever got this good in the show.

• Thumbs Up 2

So hey... If ROBOTNIC was some kinda troll wizard, isn't that kinda what Ixis Naugus is? Is that why he was the next villain, because he always seemed kinda random to be throwing in there you know?

Totally agree that there's some kinda early '90s Zelda feeling in this. So that's why Sally's a princess huh.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh lovely. Robotnik's butt crack.

I'll be seeing that in my nightmares.

...Why does Grounder have one? What purpose does it serve?

• Thumbs Up 1

I will pay $100 dollars to the person who makes a fan comic of this. Please do it I'm begging you people!

Try the Ken Penders topic.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know what, I actually like that troll-ish Robotnik design better than the one used in the show. If SatAM hadn't been hijacked by the power of 90s corporate mascots, I would have been totally fine with that look. Prototype Sally and Bunnie look awfully generic though (not that their final designs aren't, IMO).

Also, I always thought it was hilarious how AoStH Robotnik just walks around with his buns on full display. "World's sexiest fat man," indeed.

Does he have his butt extending to his front? Good lord. 

Either that, or they're the thickest thighs in the known universe. 

• Thumbs Up 1

No doubt some people will question the legitimacy of the art in the OP based on it alone, but given what we know about the rest of the concept batch the seller has and the whole thing about the line version of Robotnic not having a name attached and therefore was likely in the works before it became Sonic-themed, I have no reason to doubt that they're the genuine articles.

So is this going to dissolve into a topic about sexy Robotnik concept art, because I approve. 

Too much sexy AoStH Robotnik.

Need more sexy game Eggman concepts. Preferably sexy with the jacket.

Too much sexy AoStH Robotnik.

Need more sexy game Eggman concepts. Preferably sexy with the jacket.

Sonic Boom has something to say to you.

Eggman_Sonic_Boom_profile.jpg

nakedrobotnik.png

... ... Go on... who wants to say it?

Also, for info, Sonic Underground original Concept art... Sonic in a nappy! http://www.sonicstadium.org/2012/07/freak-out-friday-the-original-sonic-underground-concept/

Oh it looks like there's another version of this robotnik. His colour scheme is different.

ZTmDURp.jpg

Edit; OMG!

F96Zaam.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

$_57.JPG$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG$_57.JPG$_57.JPGSo cooooollll....

Did someone from DiC just like clean their closet out for the first time in years or something? Where's all this suddenly coming from?

• Thumbs Up 9

Edit; OMG!

F96Zaam.jpg

Did that ever show up in an episode? I can't remember. If it didn't then they planned to have Super Sonic after all?

Edit: If so, they missed out on the reference, but then again DBZ didn't come to the states until 1997.

When you see horned not!Robonitk and then look at AOSTH Robotnik in all his nude glory, you can really see how different the mindsets of the teams were when they worked on those separate Sonic cartoons

• Thumbs Up 3

When you see horned not!Robonitk and then look at AOSTH Robotnik in all his nude glory, you can really see how different the mindsets of the teams were when they worked on those separate Sonic cartoons

"So we've got this fantastical universe planned out, where this menacing dictator reeks havoc upon citizens and only a select few have even a snowball's chance in hell of saving the world!"

"That's cute. It's about Sonic the Hedgehog now."

"About WHAT?!"

vs

"Dat ass."

• Thumbs Up 2

That Robotnik looks like a hybrid of Ganon and Maleficent oh my god! I want this as a secret boss in the next Sonic game!

• Thumbs Up 2

l0kFrKz.jpg

nqrJj5x.jpg

bvZWTIv.jpg

This is kinda why I wished the show and comics didn't undermine the whimsy of the Freedom Fighters so much. They seem so much more expressive and vivid with quirky personalities and expressions than trying to constantly take them seriously (guys like Yardley try to fix the latter, but they're still working with diluted characters who act more like a teen drama cast). Love stroppy Sally and Bunnie and daydreaming Rotor.

Sally being a human makes sense, I don't believe her species was mentioned in the show's bible (though she did get her surname 'Acorn' from there). Also Antoine is refered to as a 'boy' in the bible as well, suggesting he may have been the same. The humanoid Sally and Bunnie just have too much hindsight humor given what became of them in the comics.

Love those AoSth bumpers too. Kinda wished that more stylized artstyle was used in the show more.

I wish Ben Hurst was still alive to elaborate on this material. 

From what I know Hurst was involved mostly in the later parts of the show anyway. Len Jenson would probably know more about the early points of conception.

• Thumbs Up 3