Awoo.

How Do The Xbox Versions Sonic Mega Collection, Sonic Heroes and Sonic Riders play on Xbox 360 ? ? c Riders

SuperBrandon

I just wondered how the original Xbox versions of these games would play on a Xbox 360 ?

As I wanted to pick up Heroes and Mega Collection despite the fact that I own them both on PC and Riders.

Would I need to purchase a original Xbox gamepad to play in order to play or could I use a 360 controller ?

Also are Heroes and Riders glitchy on the Xbox ?

EDIT: Can one off the staff members delete my typing errors in the title of the topic ? Thanks

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Adamis

• Cola

• Willsy

• SuperBrandon

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to the controller question, I'm pretty sure that the only way to play them on a 360 is with the 360 controller, so you should be fine.

Riders on the 360 has some glitches. I played it years ago, but I remember the shadows (especially in cutscenes) being...glitchy.

Don't know if mods will allow a topic on this, kinda finicky about it. 

Regardless, as a previous owner of a Xbox which sadly drowned in the flood, The only way I play the games you mentioned are on a Xbox 360. Sonic Mega Collection Plus plays just as well as it would on an OG Xbox. No hiccups or anything. The CG cutscenes for Sonic Heroes are choppy and the sound doesn't quite match up, but the gameplay is unaffected. With Sonic Riders, however, it has the opposite problem. The in-game cutscenes are broken and glitch all the time, although gameplay is still fine.

It'll look crisp if you're running the games through HDMI. You can't even hook up OG Xbox controllers to the 360 so I would hope you wouldn't need one.

They both play fine, no problems on the 360. but with riders if you were one of the lucky 100 (like me) who ended up with the glitched up cutscenes that problem is still going to happen on the 360 as it did on the XB.

I just played Heroes on the Xbox 360 last week, the only 2 problems I currently do notice were CG cutscenes playing at 15fps and the icons for buttons (X and Y) during gameplay looking a bit pixelated.

Step One: Get the game
Step Two: Turn on the Xbox "XBOX ON!"

Step Three: Open disk tray "XBOX EJECT SONIC 06 AND BURN IT"

Step Four: Put Original Xbox Sonic game into the Xbox

Step Five: Have fun or a bad time considering Sonic Heroes is pretty crap! 

All you need is Xbox live, no seriously that's it. If that doesn't work I do recall Microsoft removing support for Xbox games on Xbox 360 meaning you can no longer run them.

Ok I see now:http://www.gamespot.com/forums/xbox-314159268/my-original-xbox-games-no-longer-work-on-the-360-26111756/

So there's a patch from Xbox live and it was probably removed or made inactive. I guess you could try finding the patch files and installing it yourself...or you could just wait for PlayStation Now if that's an option, hopefully by then they'll have these games.