Awoo.

Joy's Art & Animation Thread

PickleBrows

Well, well, well just look at this place, left to gather cobwebs all this time. For anyone who saw this thread last year, I've resurrected it and wiped it clean so that I can kick start it again.

Anyway, welcome to the thread. As the name implies I'll be using this place to share any art and animation work that I happen to produce. Early days yet so I only have two items to show off which have been made in the last five days. I should say, while I'll do my best to keep the thread going with content, I won't necessarily be posting every piece. My newly created DeviantART account will be my main hosting spot for work and some work will be exclusive to that. Same name as here so if you fancy a look at some point (There's nothing extra there at the moment) then feel free to have a nosy about.

Heads up in advance to those it concerns, some pieces may be somewhat large.

First up is a quick pencil drawing of something that'll be familiar to Sci-fi fans. This comes after a year gap from the Art world as I had been working on a computing course since August. I have since changed that and will be back to Art full time in August. Because of that, I had barely any materials on me and that included the lack of a sharpener so it's certainly suffered a bit due to circumstance. 

Spoiler

type_40_in_2_dimensions_by_liamtheanimat

The next piece is just a test still for my first full project in Source Filmmaker. Some of you may have seen the video I put in here a year ago testing a walk cycle. I'm not going to beat around this, it was a pretty shoddy job and thus has been banished to the universe of days gone by. Since then I've been on and off SFM due to college work and most recently I've been trying to get a basic idea of lighting since I'd never delved into it before and this still is actually the result of that. Nothing complicated yet but it does lift the look a bit. Anyway's here it is:

Spoiler

Teaser%20Cropped_zpsbxiptden.jpg

The project is still in early planning so that shot could well be replaced when all is said and done. Not sure about length yet but I'm hoping for a couple of minutes in length by the end.

If you've made it to the end then cheers for taking the time to have a look.
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 9 months later...

Sorry, I wouldn't normally bump or double post. I've just rebooted this topic rather than making a new one so it wouldn't actually show up on the front page until a new page gets added.

• 5 months later...

Oh man, hard to breathe with all this dust kicking around!

Anyway, I decided to make a little intro for any animation content I produce since it's now becoming a regular thing both in college and in my free time.

I'm quite happy with this one, everything's 3D but the lack of additional lights gives it a really nice "2D-esque" look.

• 1 month later...

Oh man, college sure is keeping this place dusty!

I've been learning 3DS Max in the past few months and I'm now making the switch to Maya since it seems to be the favoured software and from what I've used of it so far I think I prefer it too.

Here's one of the models I've been working on for a little while now. I'll have to bring it over to Maya at some point and finish it.

ello-xhdpi-38fca309.jpg