Awoo.

Welcome Back!

Chris

No time refunds? Screw you, Chris! 

Just kidding. Wuv you <3

• Thumbs Up 1

Just posted this in statuses but will share here too for more permanance:

A tip for those who have something in particular they want to recover: try googling the thread name along with "sonic stadium". Click the little down arrow to the right of the URL in the result (if google can find it) to view a cached version of the page. I've been able to recover some info I need from a now-gone thread this way.

Results of course not guaranteed, but it's worth a shot.

Good to be back on SSMB. Sucks though that I've lost likes, awards, and my friend list's cleared though.

With the downtime I found out that Sonic Stadium has an official IRC channel. Many people didn't even know about it, but it became more active when the forum was down.

I think that it would be a good idea if it existed some sticky post explaining how to join the channel, and also if there was a tab with the chat embedded.

Here is a link to join the chat, for those who are curious:

http://chat.mibbit.com/?channel=%23sonicstadium&server=irc.surrealchat.net

• Thumbs Up 3

It's good to be back! ...Not so good that I lost more than 3000 posts and a bunch of awards. ;-;

Oh well, I'm still glad im not suffering from SSMB fatigue anymore.

Just out of asking.

Are there any features from the past that you intend upon just getting rid of & are never to come back?

Just out of asking.

Are there any features from the past that you intend upon just getting rid of & are never to come back?

Hard to tell at this point in time. For the current live install (IB3 - what we're using now) it should remain mostly as it has been. For the upcoming IB4, we're trying to make sure that all of the face features make it through the update (with the exception being some core IB features not yet implemented on their end).

I won't be able to give a more detailed answer until we get see the full release of the software, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Obligatory....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xos2MnVxe-c

Regarding TSS matters. 

Some articles are missing images which can be recovered with work... Missing/lost comments are unlikely to be recovered. Might be asking for peoples help with some article restoration depending on how much we really want certain articles to get their images back.

P.S. We should all totally get a badge of a Tardis saying "Survived a forum restore"

• Thumbs Up 3

What should we do if our accounts have been lost? I haven't been able to get back into my account.

What should we do if our accounts have been lost? I haven't been able to get back into my account.

If you registered between August and March, you're out of luck and will need to recreate your account. However, if you've lost access to an account that was registered prior to August then you should contact me directly.

Ahhh! It's good to be back! I signed up in July so *phew!* Dodged a bullet there!

At least I can still try to get senpai to notice me

Real talk : It's good to be back, upsetting that so much has been lost, but we're still here and that's all that matters.

Time to fix up my signature :u

Nice to be back! Though seeing my posts from back last year.....was I really that much of a whiny bitch? By the way, we should totally have an "I Survived The Apocalypse 2015" award, I mentioned the idea in the IRC chat and Dreadknux seemed to like it. How often is it that you survive an apocalypse unless you're a cockroach? Unless.....we are cockroaches.....

• Thumbs Up 7

Just posted this in statuses but will share here too for more permanance:

A tip for those who have something in particular they want to recover: try googling the thread name along with "sonic stadium". Click the little down arrow to the right of the URL in the result (if google can find it) to view a cached version of the page. I've been able to recover some info I need from a now-gone thread this way.

Results of course not guaranteed, but it's worth a shot.

In addition, check Archive.org and see if it had picked up anything as well.

Anyway, it really sucks about everything from August onwards being lost, but at least there wasn't a full reset this time. It's good to be back!

Missing/lost comments are unlikely to be recovered

wow... a terrible loss on this day... what to do... about those lovely comments...

Glad to see everything back up, great work guys. 

• Thumbs Up 2

It's time to rebuild my legacy of Sayaka once more!

Oh man, it feels like an eternity since I've been here, I've missed talking to you guys!

It really sucks that most of the recent stuff is gone but I guess we'll get used to it later on but it's really great that you guys managed to bring SSMB back, that's a feat in of its own and I applaud you guys for doing so!

Welp looks like I'll be back to doing my positive Sonic talk as always!

Glad to see everything's up again, despite the data loss.  I'm sure we can re-establish any conversations that matter. ^^

• Thumbs Up 1

Welcome back everyone! It feels quite surreal and bizarre to be here but the forums came back quicker than expected. I'm still trying to get my head around it. Sad and unfortunate to hear about several months of data being lost but it's great to be back, fortunately not everything has been lost and we all still have the chance to create fresh and new memories that we can eventually cherish and look back on. Many thanks and appreciation to the staff/community in all your hard efforts into bringing the forums back. It's cool to be back.

Really sucks that I lost 1000 posts and the rep along with it, but it's not that big a deal. It's better than another server wipe.

I was wondering what happened there. But it's a good thing you managed to recover most of the data.