Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

Eyyyy I spun the wheel, got Vector, and decided to give it another shot, and immediately got Espio.

TOO BAD I ALREADY HAD HIM

I got 50 Red Star Rings from the second Espio though so I just spun again and got Chip.

I guess gambling pays off sometimes.

• Thumbs Up 2

Eyyyy I spun the wheel, got Vector,

Snap!

I also just got Vector. My first Chaotix.

fGKlP9t.png

You get a 75% ring bonus.

Question about the red star rings in Runners.

In terms of them appearing in the stages, just how frequent are they? Are their appearances totally random? I'm currently playing the lava stage (episode 34-1) and a red star ring appeared in the level (not the Eggman boss fight) which is extremely rare. Also, I noticed that - at least in the lava stages - a red star ring normally appears when you fight Eggman for the third time (after the second "speed up" section). 

I set a new personal best score of 1,265,404 yesterday.

YV9wYYu.png

Wish I knew how to take screenies. My personal best is 2.4 million, but that's nothing compared to the truhards in the leaderboards getting 5.2 million points.

Wish I knew how to take screenies. My personal best is 2.4 million, but that's nothing compared to the truhards in the leaderboards getting 5.2 million points.

Samsung: Home + Power

regular Android device: Vol- + Power

Apple device: Home + Power

Well I unlocked Charmy the last time I played the game. I'll most likely never use him though, since he's basically a Tails clone and I haven't played as Tails in a while... But what can I say about this game? It's freaking amazing! The gameplay is pretty fun, and is my favorite mobile Sonic game for sure. I just hate how you have to use 50 red rings to spin the wheel to get a new companion/character and it's all up to chance if it lands on a chaotix egg... Also my high score is only like 750,000 something... :V I haven't even reached 1,000,000... probably has something to do with the companions I'm using. (I have chip, and I always use him but I switch off between Jewel Chao and Egg Chao... also I hardly ever use items. xD)

Yep, count me in the "loving the game" crowd. The gameplay is fast-paced and challenging, the music is really catchy, the visuals are nice-looking and is overall, really good for a freemium mobile game. Granted, there are flaws with the game as well but I'm having a pretty fun time playing it. I'm currently in E** Rank, with 1st place for high score and overall score. So I'm obviously above a million. Got Espio and use him as sub, in rare cases. But yeah, pretty good game!

We're doomed, better back up...

1926843_1386289198356849_555841182398563

Definitely not a problem on iOS. Side loaded on Android? That could be a problem, but I am thinking you just find the updated APK on the web and load it to your Android.

Definitely not a problem on iOS. Side loaded on Android? That could be a problem, but I am thinking you just find the updated APK on the web and load it to your Android.

Always wondered where the save file for this game is, with it's Always On DRM I'd figure it's stored online, but I dunno, I heard some people lost their progress of this game for some unknown reason

Always wondered where the save file for this game is, with it's Always On DRM I'd figure it's stored online, but I dunno, I heard some people lost their progress of this game for some unknown reason

The save data is stored online, but your unique user ID to log in to Runners is stored locally. Lose your ID, then you can't access your data online, which yeah means you lose all your data. Think like your student college ID. You lose it, can't go in college, locked out of your personal locker.

This shouldn't be any problem for iOS as you can go to the App Store on any regional account you're logged in to, and go to the Updates tab. Same for Android, but only if you downloaded it from the Play Store.

We're doomed, better back up...

1926843_1386289198356849_555841182398563

Well Sega can more or less say goodbye to everybody who played this via the APK if we all lose our data. Very unlikely that I'll touch the game again if I lose my progress. Really don't want to have to mess around with finding a working APK each time the system updates. 

The save data is stored online, but your unique user ID to log in to Runners is stored locally. Lose your ID, then you can't access your data online, which yeah means you lose all your data. Think like your student college ID. You lose it, can't go in college, locked out of your personal locker.

https://twitter.com/TimeWalk3r/status/577414625500758016

No idea if that's true or not, but if it is, it means that say you download the game fresh from the store, it takes your devices unique android ID and then downloads the save....

However, does this mean that if you change your device for whatever reason, you completely lose progress?

https://twitter.com/TimeWalk3r/status/577414625500758016

No idea if that's true or not, but if it is, it means that say you download the game fresh from the store, it takes your devices unique android ID and then downloads the save....

However, does this mean that if you change your device for whatever reason, you completely lose progress?

Runners doesn't take your Android's ID (what about iOS?) I'm not sure the developers are allowed to do that (privacy reasons). Once you start up Runners for the first time, it autocreates a Runners account with an unique user ID for you (shown on the opening splash screen) and saves the login details to your account locally on your device. Once you remove the app, it also removes does the login details to your Runners account meaning if you want to play Runners again, you'll have to start from scratch.

There are ways to prevent this.

1) Find the data file on your android/iOS device that stores your ID, and back it up somewhere. (Don't ask me though how to find it, 'cos I don't know...but I'll just back up everything in the Runners folder just to be safe)

2) Log in via Facebook. When you log in via Facebook on Sonic Dash, your Facebook account is attached to your Dash online saved data. So you can simply go to any of your devices with Dash, log in via FB and you'll have access to your data. Don't know if it's the same with Runners...

3) Back up your whole device (the most painful suggestion, I'll just do 1) instead if possible) and when someone finds a way to get your log in details, restore the device on the old back up and retrieve.

Logging in via facebook might bring forth your friends list and Amy rose, but unsure on actual save progression. Might try to figure out option 1... actually everybody who has the APK which put in work might want to figure this one out otherwise we're all going to lose our entire progression unless someone finds a solution.

Data should be linked to your Google Play (Games) account, not to the Facebook account and that's where the data is saved.

Data should be linked to your Google Play (Games) account, not to the Facebook account and that's where the data is saved.

Actually for Dash, if you link your FB account, the FB account details are stored in your cloud save data. Meaning you can always delete Dash from your phone, knowing your data is safe as you can reinstall Dash, log in via FB, Dash then looks for any save data in the cloud that has your FB ID attached to it, then redownloads your saved data. The best thing about this is that you can share your iOS and Android devices together with the same save data. It works as I've tried this.

Dash does have other save cloud alternatives, one is iCloud and probably this Google Play Cloud thing.

I have an iPad, I'm going to test if this FB thing works and I'll come back here with the results.

EDIT: Bad news, seems they haven't implemented Facebook like they did with Dash. Nor the iCloud stuff. So 1) is highly recommended.

Nvm, the data is NOT accessable via Google Play Games or Facebook, I just (re-)checked this. After starting the game you get some kind of ID (probably your Account ID on their servers), I guess the data is stored on the runners' servers and linked to this ID. As far as I can see, there is no way to restore this ID or something, but if you only update the apk (if 1.0.1 is out), there shouldn't be a problem.

Dunno how things will be when we can download the Play Store version directly...

(Sorry for the broken english, there's nothing but maths in my brain right now x_x)

So lets assume that we get the APK for the next version.

Do we just side load that like we did with the original, and if there is some kind of save intergration/link to facebook/google play. This should fix all future problems?

Quite frankly, I seriously wouldn't actually mind having a reset. The grindiness borders unbearable towards the end game, and for what?

Quite frankly, I seriously wouldn't actually mind having a reset. The grindiness borders unbearable towards the end game, and for what?

Future updates, challenges, events?

Frankly, I've put in so much time and unlocked a bunch of rare companions as well as Vector, if I lose it all, I will not play this game again.

• Thumbs Up 1

Future updates, challenges, events?

Frankly, I've put in so much time and unlocked a bunch of rare companions as well as Vector, if I lose it all, I will not play this game again.

I'm happy for you, but that doesn't exactly mirror my experience. Having fun for me right now borders on being luck based. I have to frequently stop in the middle of episodes for an hour to wait for my challenge tokens to restock. As it stands, I have not gotten a single Chaotix member. I am forced to commit solely to Sonic, because he is the only one of the three characters I have that can play all three level types with any degree of comfort. And the storyline is not worth giving any sort of a damn over, and seems to be used as an excuse to pad the game out to the point of absurdity.

I am forced to commit solely to Sonic, because he is the only one of the three characters I have that can play all three level types with any degree of comfort.

Then you're doing it wrong.

You have to have a fly/power type with at least some degree of upgrade or else you're just asking for trouble.

You have to have a fly/power type with at least some degree of upgrade or else you're just asking for trouble.

Hm? I completely agree with shdowhunt60, actually. Once you reach somewhere around episode 50, this happens:

16597313609_a22d9a96b5_z.jpg

And since then, I've never played as anyone except Sonic, and occasionally Knuckles if I've used the secondary character upgrade. Although Tails is best for Sky Road and Knuckles is best for Lava Mountain, they're both terrible in any of the other stages. Sonic is the only one that can just about manage in all three. Since I knew this was coming, Sonic's still the only one I've actually upgraded. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't rely on having a fly/power type because there is absolutely no way to predict as to what kind of level I'm going go be play. I would quite happily sink rings in either Knuckles or Tails, if I knew for certain that I was going to play a Sky or Lava level, but that is completely random.

• Thumbs Up 2

So lets assume that we get the APK for the next version.

Do we just side load that like we did with the original, and if there is some kind of save intergration/link to facebook/google play. This should fix all future problems?

If they add these save integrations in the next version, then it's possible to easily restore data from the cloud just like Dash and we don't have to worry about losing our save data. Problem is, you need to have that new version installed on your device and you must have your existing data in that device already. Otherwise you start again from scratch.

You'll have to sideload it like you did with the original, since you didn't get the app via Google Play. Same for those who jailbroke their iOS devices and sideloaded apps.