Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

:v You guys... you're all making this a complicated mess. I just downloaded the updated apk from here (some guy on SonicRetro provided it apparently) and connected my phone to my PC, dragged it into my phone memory and installed it like that. All my data is still there and the game runs perfectly fine. 

Also for some strange reason the game went from running at 15-ish frames per second to 25-ish. Not that I'm complaining. Optimization is good.

Edit: Oh and the push notifications have a neat updated icon now. Looks slick.

• Thumbs Up 3

I just checked my stats. 33 premium spins, 2 gold eggs and 0 character eggs. I hardly played the game on my iPhone until the Chaotix campaign started. I'm just fed up now. Its a bit of a shame really.

11067775_1387016521617450_70736072454253

I managed to update my APK. Dunno if events will update with this method. So watch out if you're going to try this But the Maintenance News is gone. My Rank, Levels, and Companions is intact.

I saw this on the Runners web site, but didn't get that message at first launch. Only a prompt to download more game data.

My guide to updating the Android version:

1. You need an app called QooApp. Go to http://apk.qoo-app.com/

2. Search (using the search bar on top of page) for Sonic Runners

3. Click download, click English version.

4. Accept the Download. When it's finished, put the APK in your phone

5. Sideload the APK

6. After it's installed, open QooApp. Search for Sonic Runners

7. Press Update, and follow the instructions

8. When it's done, try it. Haven't seen any other testimonies about this method

I try that but one problem it is in JAPANESE and can't find english because it in JAPANESE!

I've installed the new apk and played it. My previous save data is still there.

The frame-rate seems slightly better. Also, if I lock my phone and then unlock it, the game is still there. It no longer disappears. 

I just got a score of a one million. Unfortunately it was in a section with no score bonus. If it had been in a section with the 100.0 bonus, then my score could have been massive  :(

I just checked my stats. 33 premium spins, 2 gold eggs and 0 character eggs. I hardly played the game on my iPhone until the Chaotix campaign started. I'm just fed up now. Its a bit of a shame really.

Know the feel. I'm just plodding along now. Not playing it much. 

It's a nice game, but like most free-to play endless runner games the "slow unlock everything nature" gets boring all too quickly. I've spent like £10 on this game (it's not worth it) and I'm not spending anymore.

I have great news for people playing on PC emulators!

By dragging this updated file into my emulator my mute game finally has sound and music!!!

PS. My game crashed after I defeated Eggman on Chapter 35 where he wanted to steal the Dragon Treasure, anyone know what the Dragon Treasure was and what did the characters said? Please fill me in when you beat Eggman on chapter 35, I hate missing out on the story even if it's simple! :(

I have great news for people playing on PC emulators!

By dragging this updated file into my emulator my mute game finally has sound and music!!!

Ps. My game crashed after I defeated Eggman on Chapter 30 where he wanted to steal the Dragon Treasure, anyone know what the Dragon Treasure was and what did the characters said? :(

Well thats good, finally the last 20% of us can play this now in a full experience.

I been doing some calculations on the chances of getting a Chaotix character and on the odds description it says 6% which is really low. You would if the odds worked out get a Chaotix character if you spinned the wheel 17 times or 850 red star rings. I have won about 850 red star rings which means you have no other choice but to either buy with real money or slowly build up more red star rings if you really want one or another Chaotix character. I want Charmy but that not likely to happen for while.

So just playing with the new APK on my phone (installed via USB connection from my PC, no problems at all).

Call me crazy but... have they changed the music a little? I've been playing a lot of Knuckles stages lately for daily challenges (not fighting the boss), I just did another one and for some reason the music sounds slightly different? Can't put my finger on what it is, but something seems slightly different about it.

So, when will SEGA make a real announcement of this game and release it worldwide? Because I'm kind of sick waiting, seriously.

So, when will SEGA make a real announcement of this game and release it worldwide? Because I'm kind of sick waiting, seriously.

No idea, with 500,000 downloads you'd think they would want to sell in the US by now.

But then again these are the same people who think it isn't a good idea to make a Sonic 3 remastered.

My only logical conclusion is they have severe money allergies, poor souls they should get that looked at. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Where on Earth can I find the APK for the new version?

I believe it is at the top of page 6 but you might have to download M name first to actually begin the load.

Have you guys known you can control the Premium Roulette more or less? Just let the wheel spin around for three times, and afterwards, just as it reaches the grey Chao Egg left to the Character Egg, press the Spin button on more time, and the pointer will abruptly stop, coming to a standstill on the Character Egg. It worked for me the second time I tried, so go get that Chaotix!

• Thumbs Up 2

Have you guys known you can control the Premium Roulette more or less? Just let the wheel spin around for three times, and afterwards, just as it reaches the grey Chao Egg left to the Character Egg, press the Spin button on more time, and the pointer will abruptly stop, coming to a standstill on the Character Egg. It worked for me the second time I tried, so go get that Chaotix!

Yeah I noticed something similar when running in Andy. If you click the screen it'll stop the wheel almost instantly.

I'll give this a shot when I get chance on the mobile version later today.

Ok this sorta works.

If you let the wheel spin once or twice and then tap the 'spin' icon, it'll stop the wheel... eventually. 

It basically starts the 'slowdown' animation. So odds are you could eventually time the moment when you should touch the screen in order to guarantee a rare drop.

Same. I'm guessing no later than April they'll release it worldwide. I'm seriously feeling left out here with all the members having access to the game except me..! 8[

I'm not getting a device capable of running this for a bit anyway. So it doesn't bother me too much yet.

Where was the Amy FB thread again?

According to the board itself, no such thing has ever existed.

Is save data cross platform? As in, if I log into my Facebook on my Kindle,  I can log into my Facebook from my iPhone and continue where I left off?

Is save data cross platform? As in, if I log into my Facebook on my Kindle,  I can log into my Facebook from my iPhone and continue where I left off?

Nah. Save data is stored locally on each device. There's no cloud saving, which is kinda annoying these days.

Nah. Save data is stored locally on each device. There's no cloud saving, which is kinda annoying these days.

That's not true. Our save data is stored in Sega's servers. Only our log in data is stored in our devices locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk