Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

I turned on the notifications, and I checked the Streamlined Mode, but...

image.thumb.jpg.837bfd121e6fbec954b22da8

Seriously?

So um.. maybe someone who's fluent can help because I'm super bad at reading Kanji but..

I think the first one reduces how much stuff is loaded at once during a level and has less particle effects. And the second one has low quality graphics. I think it's for a lower framerate.. But er, yeah, I wouldn't recommend having either turned on as they only made the game worse for me. 

NiGHTS looks like a terrible buddy for score runs. All the buddies from this look pretty mediocre, actually.

So um.. maybe someone who's fluent can help because I'm super bad at reading Kanji but..

I think the first one reduces how much stuff is loaded at once during a level and has less particle effects. And the second one has low quality graphics. I think it's for a lower framerate.. But er, yeah, I wouldn't recommend having either turned on as they only made the game worse for me. 

This first one reduces animation inside the stages

And the second one reduces image quality

NiGHTS looks like a terrible buddy for score runs. All the buddies from this look pretty mediocre, actually.

This. I rolled just to get Nights, Reala, and the Nigtopian because I'm a completionist but I don't actually intend on using them.

Still Shahra+Rappy for me.

I was about to come back and say that. After testing both modes separately, yeah. First one removes sound and graphic effects when collecting rings and crystals, and also affects the framerate. Like how Streamline mode was before. The second one is apparently a low graphic option but I see no difference on my device..  

We will get tommonrow a new character on the roulette, or as a purchasable character, or maybe none?

I was about to come back and say that. After testing both modes separately, yeah. First one removes sound and graphic effects when collecting rings and crystals, and also affects the framerate. Like how Streamline mode was before. The second one is apparently a low graphic option but I see no difference on my device..  

It just lowers the resolution output I think so if you are on a small device already I don't think you'll see much of a difference.

We will get tommonrow a new character on the roulette, or as a purchasable character, or maybe none?

You know what, that's actually a good question.  I assumed that we'd get more characters to buy since they listed it in the change log AFTER we were already able to buy team easy.  Maybe after the next set is released, we'll be able to buy past characters like the Chaotix.  (Or Sega was actually referring to team easy because Sega is Sega)  Hope its the former.

I tried to use the second part of Streamlined Mode. After that, it added a "t" beside "Ver. 1.1.2" and I must download the game data. So this is why there was a "t" beside the version number.

Also, there weren't Rouge & Omega's descriptions while I was downloading the game data.

It's probably no use at this point, but I'm going to bump this so that hopefully a few of you don't make the mistake of spending right now.  

Everyone, for your own good, DO NOT SPEND RED RINGS TOMORROW. I know it will be tempting, but if you wait just two more days after Omega will be gone. Once he's gone Shadow will almost definitely replace him, and if not, Rouge's drop rate gets doubled. I hope you guys see that this an obvious trap and that Sega wants you to blow 100s of red rings during the NiGHTS (I can't believe they write it like this) collab so that you will not have enough left to get Shadow. Please have patience so that you won't regret missing the edgiest hedgehog in the world. 

There's no event stage so there's literally no disadvantage in waiting until Omega leaves to spin. I really hope you guys realize this and save yourself from making a big mistake. 

Also, my Friend tab still doesn't work. I have enough friends in the top 140 in history, and I'm currently in the top 140 (though probably not once the leagues reset), so I still make a good amount of rings and revives, but this seriously needs to be fixed. 

I think Character sales might be a typo for red star ring sale since it wasn't working before the update, just my two cents. They don't need to push out an update for selling characters unless they implemented some way to discount purchasable characters and that system wasn't there before

No way! The game keeps forcing me to download the game data after using the second part of Streamlined Mode, and I should unuse it. So, I will never use Streamlined Mode FOREVER again.

Luckily, after unusing Streamlined Mode, a "t" beside "Ver. 1.1.2" is gone.

Edited by GreninJovan

No way! The game keeps forcing me to download the game data after using the second part of Streamlined Mode, and I should unuse it. So, I will never use Streamlined Mode FOREVER again.

Luckily, after unusing Streamlined Mode, a "t" beside "Ver. 1.1.2" is gone.

Maybe the second part is actually beta mode for feature testing ?

Maybe the second part is actually beta mode for feature testing ?

t is probably something they just left in by accident. This game is really sloppy so i wouldn't be surprised

Dude, no offence but there's really no point of asking. We have no way of knowing when characters are going to be introduced, or events or such. We know as much as you do at this point and we won't know anything else until Sega themselves announce it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Why are people talking about Shadow being added tomorrow?

Sega have said nothing to support the idea that he's coming.

• Thumbs Up 7

So, my Sonic Runners app is currently taking up 915 MB on my phone...  It didn't start that big.  Anyone else experiencing something like this?

-Some characters are now on sale for RSRs - Wrong. It's the same characters as always.

Nice work Sega, You made me think you might finally change something to benefit your fans, but of course not. 

Also why were people assuming Zazz was going to be included in the NiD event just because they found his assets. I mean, all the other characters had their assets revealed at the beginning of the game but they were all released waaay later, with some not even being released yet. Also NiD and Sonic Lost World have no association other than a collaboration DLC for Sonic Lost World. We all knew a NiD collaboration was coming but NiD =/= Zazz

Edited by PurinxPop

Isn't this supposed to be a 2D side scroller? What in it is taking up so much space? Is it really that poorly optimized?