Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

Why is Razor Jim considered so good? His combo activation is so high then surely it's better to pair up someone like Carbuncle?

Why is Razor Jim considered so good? His combo activation is so high then surely it's better to pair up someone like Carbuncle?

I noticed on the rankings a lot of people using Erazor Djinn+Shahra and they seem to be at the top of the leaderboards. Some user here also mentioned his godlike ability. Also they aren't in any specific order, they are just put in the same groups.

I got Caliburn and Rouge today on the Roulette, I am a happy camper :D

• Thumbs Up 4

Hey guys! I just thought I'd make a tier list for companions to help out those wondering which companions are good and what companion combos to use.

Tier 3 (Viable when used right and/or maxed)

- Death Egg (?)
- Caliburn

Erm.... Caliburn is absolutely vital once you get to episode 40+ for boss battles, I never enter a boss fight without it, a level 2 caliburn will radically improve your boss fight chances for a special egg.

A level 3 death Egg is actually incredibly useful for normal runs or even red ring farming runs.

For boss battles, I use Caliburn and the golden piggy bank. Caliburn can score a few hits on Eggman, while the piggy bank can restore rings a few times if I fuck up. I also take a shield, an invincibility, and a Lazer in with me. 

Erm.... Caliburn is absolutely vital once you get to episode 40+ for boss battles, I never enter a boss fight without it, a level 2 caliburn will radically improve your boss fight chances for a special egg.

A level 3 death Egg is actually incredibly useful for normal runs or even red ring farming runs.

You're right about Caliburn. I have him lvl 3 and I always use him and Wizard Chao in boss battles. But I based this tier list not on usefulness but scoring potential in a regular run.

I moved up Death Egg to Balanced because this is like the only companion I don't have, so I don't know how good he is. Thanks for the input

I honestly find Caliburn to be one of the weaker companions, conisdering he only gets 2 hits in at the level he's at (3 for Knuckles, but power characters are trash at boss battles), and in the case of requiring around 20 hits past level 40, being good at the boss battles is much more worthwhile than the measly amount Caliburn can fit into the battle. I'd much rather use the slot for the RSR ship; much more useful in the long run.

The only reason that people use Erazor Djinn, is to survive longer in the game (Obviously), which will cause you to take a long time to achieve a high score like 70,000,000.  This is why I only use Carbuncle and Shahra as Shahra gives you the items to give you better combos (especially a shield) and carbuncle which attracts everything surrounding him, especially when you're in the Drill section with crystals. 

This is true. But since players have succeeded with him, I decided to put him in god tier a long with the others.

I honestly find Caliburn to be one of the weaker companions, conisdering he only gets 2 hits in at the level he's at (3 for Knuckles, but power characters are trash at boss battles), and in the case of requiring around 20 hits past level 40, being good at the boss battles is much more worthwhile than the measly amount Caliburn can fit into the battle. I'd much rather use the slot for the RSR ship; much more useful in the long run.

He's definitely weak starting off but he gets better once you level him. His use is only limited to boss fights though.

So is there no way to go through past episodes? Or is there a stage select option?

Past episodes are easier and have a higher RSR drop rate and easier boss battle difficulty, so no, the way it's designed is so that you only play through the last episode over and over again.

Edited by The Deleter

i had 700 red rings... tried all on roulette...

13 Rare 1 Super Rare... what a fucking waste...and mostly the new companions and the fucking gold pig.

Did nobody see my warning to wait until tomorrow? If a new character replaces Omega and you miss them for being impatient, don't blame me. 

You know what is becoming really hard to get? 

The normal companions. 

Ever since the game updated and they got put onto the daily wheel, I think I've had only 1. This is crazy, these are normal companions so why are they now so hard to get?

Yeah, it's weird, but kinda nice. Not a single normal companion is useful while some of the rates have uses on certain teams, and now it's much easier to max rares.  

As long as you can build up a combo back to 950/1000 without getting hit after losing your shield you can virtually run forever. Paired up with Shahra there's a good chance you could get invincible or springs, and if you've brought character swap, then building a 950/1000 combo is pretty easy. Carbuncle may give more points, but that doesn't matter if you can survive longer without it. If you can't build a 950/1000 combo just use Carbuncle. 

• Thumbs Up 1

any one who have already purchased red rings...

can you guys confirm me what is the amount that they are giving of red rings right now? i still have the first buyer bonus because i havent bought anything on my new ID. But i would to see if the red rings event is applying for people who already bought.

any one who have already purchased red rings...

can you guys confirm me what is the amount that they are giving of red rings right now? i still have the first buyer bonus because i havent bought anything on my new ID. But i would to see if the red rings event is applying for people who already bought.

It's like 800 for $29 so 16 rolls, and 1500 for $46 which is 30. It's definitely worth it if you have the first time buyer bonus as well.

Hey guys. I'm gonna admit right now I spun and got Reala and NiGHTS (I know they suck but I wanted them anyway.) and I also got a Lamp so that's 150 rings gone. I know about the whole possibility of Shadow tomorrow which may or may not happen, but I still wanted to spin today to get the Nightmarens anyway. I got like 280 rings left so hopefully I'll get Shadow when he comes out... I need that score bonus if he has it.

also, what's the best combination other than Carbuncle and Shahra? I've been using Shahra and Erazor Gjinn but I somewhat suck at the combos sometimes but I need a really good combo to survive in the S rank... I need more RSR rings to up my chances for Shadow and Blaze in the future.

. I know about the whole possibility of Shadow tomorrow which may or may not happen,

lol seriously!?

One guy posts on a forum with absolutely nothing to back it up and that's all it takes for people to believe it!?

The Sonic Runners twittr accout always teases/announces characters in advanced. They have not announced or mentioned a thing.

• Thumbs Up 5

Hmm...

No sign of a new character yet...

I guess that a new character could be available after Rouge exits the Premium Roulette anyway...

lol seriously!?

One guy posts on a forum with absolutely nothing to back it up and that's all it takes for people to believe it!?

The Sonic Runners twittr accout always teases/announces characters in advanced. They have not announced or mentioned a thing.

Because they think "Character Sale" in the patch notes=Shadow release tomorrow

Because they think "Character Sale" in the patch notes=Shadow release tomorrow

Now most people are too overexcited about the Character Sale, and they didn't read my post that there had no price cut for buying Team Easy.

Edited by GreninJovan

lol seriously!?

Just because it's unlikely a character is being release tomorrow doesn't mean it can't happen. With Omega leaving, there is a chance something could be released to replace him, so it's worth waiting a day, right?

Your pessimism towards a Shadow release is actually starting to make me hope that he isn't released until Rouge is gone so that he'll be the only character on the wheel. 

It's really easy to get the necessary combo for Erazor Djinn at Top Speed. If you can't manage that, I should ask how you managed to get to Top Speed at all.

Now most people are too overexcited about the Character Sale, and they didn't read my post that there had no price cut for buying Team Easy.

We don't know if the character sale meant something new on the roulette or a sale of Team Easy. Nobody knows what it meant. `>`

Regarding the above: I could just as well say Blaze is coming in the next update because Silver is there. None of us know what's going to happen and all the speculation about Shadow just looks kind of dumb.

What happens happens, I guess.

Edited by Noeunoeuf

Come off it guys, she's new, cut her some slack if she hasn't read back 10 pages where Shadow was first mentioned.

• Thumbs Up 4

lol seriously!?

Yeah, I thought that it was too early to announce "A Night at Windy Hill" event at this rate, and those unused contents could be included in that event.

I guess I have to wait for "Tropical Coast" event because it will be the end of Summer 2015 at August 2015.

EDIT: Wasn't "one guy" supposed to mean "me"?

Edited by GreninJovan