Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

Yeah, I think I'm just about done with this game.

I'm sorry, I can't stand this piece of shit anymore. They have officially managed to ruin all the fun factor of the game. Story mode's score requirements are so stupidly high and the new scoring system makes it feel near impossible to stay in the Runners league. It wouldn't be so bad, but because I can't even use free revives to continue a run, I can get to about 15 million before Runners' idiotic glitches manage to kill my characters off anyway. 

On top of that, I can't enjoy Timed Mode because of the fact half the time, I'm almost definitely going to lose because some asshole decided to pay 10 RSRs to find a beatable opponent, and I got chosen by the game. I'm so sick, sore and tired of this game's fucking bullshit designed to grab more and more money out of players that I'm just fucking done.

Fuck this game, and fuck Sega for ruining it. 

I usually just lurk but your rage about this is completely absurd.

There's a lot of reasons to hate this update, like the fact that story mode is only in as a relic of the previous update and serves no real purpose in the game anymore, or the fact that the game is VERY punishing for newer players to come in now as they have no hope of competing vs people with level 5+ Characters giving them 25 extra timed seconds and 50% total score boost.

Yes story mode sucks now and there is NO reason to play it anymore.

But Timed mode rage? are you serious? this mode is so insanely generous you don't even have to play and it prints Red rings for you.

You know what Timed mode does? it Gives you 10 red rings a day until you get 50 at which point it gives 20 red rings a day. There is actually no excuse to NOT spend 10 red rings for a guaranteed win just to get to the 50 mark. Then we add on the fact that you get 15+ red rings per ranked reset which happens twice a week and we're already up to 100 red rings a week. Add in the daily challenge which gives 20 red rings a week.

This game gives you 50 Red rings a week for FREE just for playing, an additional 70 red rings a week for doing well, then if you decide to spend those 70 red rings to get the win streak going, you suddenly get ANOTHER 70 red rings a week

That's right, this game gives a potential 190 red rings a week for free.

The only real problem I have with this update is their entire rebalance of the game based around Timed Mode with the only purpose of it being to FORCE Timed Mode to be the standard form of play

Edited by sprit

I usually just lurk but your rage about this is completely absurd.

There's a lot of reasons to hate this update, like the fact that story mode is only in as a relic of the previous update and serves no real purpose in the game anymore, or the fact that the game is VERY punishing for newer players to come in now as they have no hope of competing vs people with level 5+ Characters giving them 25 extra timed seconds and 50% total score boost.

Yes story mode sucks now and there is NO reason to play it anymore.

But Timed mode rage? are you serious? this mode is so insanely generous you don't even have to play and it prints Red rings for you.

You know what Timed mode does? it Gives you 10 red rings a day until you get 50 at which point it gives 20 red rings a day. There is actually no excuse to NOT spend 10 red rings for a guaranteed win just to get to the 50 mark. Then we add on the fact that you get 15+ red rings per ranked reset which happens twice a week and we're already up to 100 red rings a week. Add in the daily challenge which gives 20 red rings a week.

This game gives you 50 Red rings a week for FREE just for playing, an additional 70 red rings a win for doing well, then if you decide to spend those 70 red rings to get the win streak going, you suddenly get ANOTHER 70 red rings a week

That's right, this game gives a potential 190 red rings a week for free.

The only real problem I have with this update is their entire rebalance of the game based around Timed Mode with the only purpose of it being to FORCE Timed Mode to be the standard form of play

No. It gives you 10 RSRs a day, if you don't spend any to get a beatable opponent. That still doesn't change the fact that paying 10 RSRs to find a beatable opponent is a scummy move anyway because it's basically saying "Here, pay us these and we'll rig the game for you". That defeats the entire purpose of Timed Mode, where instead of skill, and getting points as quickly as you can, it instead basically says we'll give you an easy opponent so you can easily win. There's been plenty of times were I've gotten to 6-8 million and stayed there until suddenly my opponent was new and they had a massive point boost over me. 

I'm not complaining about the fact Timed mode gives RSRs. I'm complaining about the fact that Sega's desperate greed has basically made it so you can just pay them to rig a game for you. What's the point of playing when Sega can simply decide "Sorry, you are now someone's beatable opponent" and basically make it. It should be about skill, not bribing Sega to rig the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

No. It gives you 10 RSRs a day, if you don't spend any to get a beatable opponent. That still doesn't change the fact that paying 10 RSRs to find a beatable opponent is a scummy move anyway because it's basically saying "Here, pay us these and we'll rig the game for you". That defeats the entire purpose of Timed Mode, where instead of skill, and getting points as quickly as you can, it instead basically says we'll give you an easy opponent so you can easily win. There's been plenty of times were I've gotten to 6-8 million and stayed there until suddenly my opponent was new and they had a massive point boost over me. 

I'm not complaining about the fact Timed mode gives RSRs. I'm complaining about the fact that Sega's desperate greed has basically made it so you can just pay them to rig a game for you. What's the point of playing when Sega can simply decide "Sorry, you are now someone's beatable opponent" and basically make it. It should be about skill, not bribing Sega to rig the game.

You are complaining about the 10 RSRs while ignoring that they give you 50 RSR for free every single week.

I don't know how it determines the opponent it gives you since I've never used it and if it truly does just remove your old opponent that you were beating and replace them with someone higher than that's obviously something they should change but the being allowed to pay 10 RSRs to win that week (preferably putting you against no one), I don't think that's a problem since they already give you more than 10 RSRs weekly and give you the 10 RSR back for winning

There is no bribing when they already GIVE you the 10 RSR for free, the deal is quite literally, "If you give me $1 today, I'll give you $1 tomorrow and I'll still give you $2 more on friday."

Yeah, I think I'm just about done with this game.

I'm sorry, I can't stand this piece of shit anymore. They have officially managed to ruin all the fun factor of the game. Story mode's score requirements are so stupidly high and the new scoring system makes it feel near impossible to stay in the Runners league. It wouldn't be so bad, but because I can't even use free revives to continue a run, I can get to about 15 million before Runners' idiotic glitches manage to kill my characters off anyway. 

On top of that, I can't enjoy Timed Mode because of the fact half the time, I'm almost definitely going to lose because some asshole decided to pay 10 RSRs to find a beatable opponent, and I got chosen by the game. I'm so sick, sore and tired of this game's fucking bullshit designed to grab more and more money out of players that I'm just fucking done.

Fuck this game, and fuck Sega for ruining it. 

I agree with your gripes about story mode. They've made that literally useless if you already have Lv 10 Shahra, and it's no longer a viable option for grinding.

The Timed mode one however I think is decent. I still enjoy it because I try to switch combinations and characters to see what scores highest. Sure the Mech combo and now Chaotix are really useful, I score highly using Team Easy (I have a 3 star Big so his score reduction's lost and is now a 10% score boost and I get 15 extra seconds). There are ways to set yourself up for Quick/Timed mode.

You are complaining about the 10 RSRs while ignoring that they give you 50 RSR for free every single week.

I don't know how it determines the opponent it gives you since I've never used it and if it truly does just remove your old opponent that you were beating and replace them with someone higher than that's obviously something they should change but the being allowed to pay 10 RSRs to win that week (preferably putting you against no one), I don't think that's a problem since they already give you more than 10 RSRs weekly and give you the 10 RSR back for winning

There is no bribing when they already GIVE you the 10 RSR for free, the deal is quite literally, "If you give me $1 today, I'll give you $1 tomorrow and I'll still give you $2 more on friday."

Really? Did you just miss this?

I'm not complaining about the fact Timed mode gives RSRs.

It doesn't fucking matter if they are giving you 10 RSRs. That doesn't change the fact that it's still a scummy move that takes away the point of skill from the game. How is it skillful or fun when you are literally paying the game just to give you someone who's easy to beat? Not only does it take away skill factor, but that absolutely fucking sucks for new players as well. Put yourself in their shoes. How would you like it if you were starting out with the worse buddies and characters, and were at a further disadvantage because someone paid 10 RSRs just to easily beat someone? 

• Thumbs Up 4

Really? Did you just miss this?

It doesn't fucking matter if they are giving you 10 RSRs. That doesn't change the fact that it's still a scummy move that takes away the point of skill from the game. How is it skillful or fun when you are literally paying the game just to give you someone who's easy to beat? Not only does it take away skill factor, but that absolutely fucking sucks for new players as well. Put yourself in their shoes. How would you like it if you were starting out with the worse buddies and characters, and were at a further disadvantage because someone paid 10 RSRs just to easily beat someone? 

So your complaint is that people can spend currency to progress, currency they are given simply for playing the game.

Wow this entire game must be super unskilled then since I also pay normal rings to get a score boost and 2nd character on top of my in game power ups that I also spend normal rings on. And since they give me those rings for free which you don't care about, I must be bribing sega for an advantage!

Final Fantasy Record Keeper must be another example of an awful game in your opinion, despite how popular it is, since it also doesn't give new players items until after they progress through the game.

Edited by sprit

The Timed mode one however I think is decent. I still enjoy it because I try to switch combinations and characters to see what scores highest. Sure the Mech combo and now Chaotix are really useful, I score highly using Team Easy (I have a 3 star Big so his score reduction's lost and is now a 10% score boost and I get 15 extra seconds). There are ways to set yourself up for Quick/Timed mode.

SuperAj3, do I really have to remind you how score reduction of team easy works? It won't go down with the star level.

Also, I think the problem right now is how to get better quick mode score, you need higher level of rebirth on characters, but I'm NOT gonna go on that Battle xD

Edited by Hundjäger18
  • Thumbs Up 1

SuperAj3, do I really have to remind you how score reduction of team easy works? It won't go down with the star level.

Also, I think the problem right now is how to get better quick mode score, you need higher level of rebirth on characters, but I'm gonna go on that Battle xD

Ahh really? Darn. Does Light Chaos or Pumpkin chao counter their deductions?

Ahh really? Darn. Does Light Chaos or Pumpkin chao counter their deductions?

wow...is like...why do I bother sharing this info:

-No, nothing can stop the total score reduction, because it affects bonuses as well, unless we get some sort of character with TOTAL score bonus.

-no, the pumpkin chao is not better than the crystal monsters (in case you missed that in chat too)

-no, the buddie bonus doesn't helps the score/rank bonus, it just adds up (this one is an old one, but in case you missed it too)

• Thumbs Up 1

wow...is like...why do I bother sharing this info:

-No, nothing can stop the total score reduction, because it affects bonuses as well, unless we get some sort of character with TOTAL score bonus.

-no, the pumpkin chao is not better than the crystal monsters (in case you missed that in chat too)

-no, the buddie bonus doesn't helps the score/rank bonus, it just adds up (this one is an old one, but in case you missed it too)

Sorry, I thought you said at one point Light Chaos would counter the Team Easy's reduction. I guess I got that mixed up. ^^'
And you bother because you're a nice person XD

Edited by SuperAj3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sorry, I thought you said at one point Light Chaos would counter the Team Easy's reduction. I guess I got that mixed up. ^^'And you bother because you're a nice person XD

yeah, I did, used to think it worked until I was reminded the bonuses lose score too.

Woa, that's the best thing someone has said about me  in a very long time, given that I'm not really nice, like, at all. But at least I'm not bad, as in, mean, I try not to be.

• Thumbs Up 1

I used silver first to get extra time. Then switched to sonic for points. Im not exactly sure if it worked but i got a new high score anyway. (Not during ring festival). 

If you lose, you get 1 rsr btw. Pairings are absolutely unfair now because all the good players are saturated in league e* and f***. I got like one of the top 10 players in the history of timed mode and i decided to spend 5 rsr to keep my streak lol.

I never actually seen the scores change in battles. Maybe its because i live in a different time zone.

Btw, do using colour powers in boss showdowns work? I never tried.

If they add Super Sonic, I hope they have this:

Speed/Super: Gives the character 5 revives per run. 10 when paired up with another Super.

A guy can dream.

Speed/Super: Gives the character 5 revives per run. 10 when paired up with another Super.

A guy can dream.

Omg that'd be so bullshit OP in the rankings. You can essentially run forever, even in Timed Mode. With such a character anyone could easily make the first spot in rankings regardless of skill.

• Thumbs Up 2

Speaking of new characters, what if omochao is the fly type member of team mech?

XDXD He's a buddy, so...

If it is some variant on Omochao I'd be so sad... My dream of Gamma would be dead.

A guy can dream.

XD It'd be 1 free revive at best. If Super Sonic is legit it would be a good incentive to get him. Unless it uses up the free video revive XD

• Thumbs Up 1

With Super Sonic maybe coming soon, It got me thinking. I wonder if we could get other super form characters? Super Shadow? Burning Blaze? Maybe even Neo Metal? ... I exclude Silver because they already gave us a ESP form of him.

And I kinda still wish Eggman was playable, and as a speed type xD

I don't see Burning Blaze ever coming back really, something tells me they don't like mentioning that "super but non-super" form, but that's just a hunch. Also I don't see Eggman ever being playable due to the fact that Boss Battles would be odd...unless they switched out Boss Eggman for Tails in the Tornado?

They barely give you a free revive let alone 10, lol. That would be beyond OP'd. xD

Speaking of new characters, what if omochao is the fly type member of team mech?

If Omochao becomes a playable character, I give up.

If it is some variant on Omochao I'd be so sad... My dream of Gamma would be dead.

To be fair the reality of gamma has been dead for seventeen years.

Anyway, I really wish I had enough people on FB to get BDSM Amy or whatever she was called

I don't see Burning Blaze ever coming back really, something tells me they don't like mentioning that "super but non-super" form, but that's just a hunch. Also I don't see Eggman ever being playable due to the fact that Boss Battles would be odd...unless they switched out Boss Eggman for Tails in the Tornado?

If you haven't noticed, Sonic Runners is total fanservice with it's characters & buddies. Even Mephiles is coming back as a character... So Eggman as a playable is somewhat possible without even needing to change the boss battles as the game is not trying to be extremely logical with this stuff. They could always just pick Classic-Eggman too.

And I am pretty sure the company has nothing against Burning-Blaze. If that supposed secret Sonic rule-book is real. Then it even said Blaze's burning form is still canon unlike Hyper-Sonic.

Lol, Are they watching me? ?

image.png

Although I'm not complaining.

WOW, i'm logging in to the game now to see if I got them too.

I didn't get them :( :( 

Edited by SuperAj3
  • Thumbs Up 1

I got them :). Nice. I used up about the same amount for the event. Really only wanted opa-opa. 

Im saving everything for christmas haha. Should i try my luck though? Havent got a character yet.

Edited by Casey Oon
  • Thumbs Up 1