Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

Heh. I like that they stuck his hat on one of his ears. Maybe they figure that it wouldn't say on otherwise, because his ears would be in the way, and that was the practical solution. The effect is pretty adorable.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Xmas characters are cute. I especially like Knuckles as a Reindeer!

--

How does the Generosity bonus work? Do you get it for every revive token you send out? 

• Thumbs Up 1

We got Team Dark (and Omega, because Mech) dressed for Halloween & Team Heroes dressed for Christmas.

What's next? Team Rose for Valentine's? Team Chaotix for St. Patrick's Day? Team Easy for Easter? Metal Sonic as Baby New Year?

...Okay, maybe not the last one.

Silver in an Easter bunny outfit (or just plain bunny ears.. I can't predict what they'll do) is an amusing thought.

We got Team Dark (and Omega, because Mech) dressed for Halloween & Team Heroes dressed for Christmas.

What's next? Team Rose for Valentine's? Team Chaotix for St. Patrick's Day? Team Easy for Easter? Metal Sonic as Baby New Year?

...Okay, maybe not the last one.

the last one would be hilarious but Metal Sonic in a diaper is probably way too many creepy fans fetish for them to be able to play it straight

• Thumbs Up 1

So I can confirm that if you are in S***, you do not need to make an endless run to get the reward for maintaining S***. That means endless mode is almost entirely useless except to those willing/able to spend hours making 200 million runs. 

Edited by Jrodt333

So, I remade my tier list recently.

GreninJovan's Sonic Runners Tier List Ver. 2.0.0

Tier 1: Halloween Rouge, Rouge, 

---I---: Halloween Shadow, Shadow

Tier 2: ESP Silver, Charmy, Espio, Metal Sonic

Tier 3: Halloween Omega, Omega, Vector

Tier 4: Tails, Tikal, Classic Sonic, Sonic, Knuckles

Tier 5: Gothic Amy, Amitie-Style Amy, Amy, Blaze

Tier 6: Cream, Silver, Big

So, I remade my tier list recently.

GreninJovan's Sonic Runners Tier List Ver. 2.0.0

Tier 1: Halloween Rouge, Rouge, 

---I---: Halloween Shadow, Shadow

Tier 2: ESP Silver, Charmy, Espio, Metal Sonic

Tier 3: Halloween Omega, Omega, Vector

Tier 4: Tails, Tikal, Classic Sonic, Sonic, Knuckles

Tier 5: Gothic Amy, Amitie-Style Amy, Amy, Blaze

Tier 6: Cream, Silver, Big

That would kinda be more for pre 2.0. Now based on what I've gathered, and factoring limit smashing in I'd say it's:

Tier 1: Amy, Gothic Amy, Cream, Silver, Big

Tier 2: Charmy, Espio, Vector

Tier 3: Shadow, RougeESP Silver 

Tier 4: Metal Sonic, Omega

Tier 5: Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Classic Sonic, Halloween Trio, Blaze, Tikal

Tier 6: Amitie Amy

I put the 2 Amy's and Team Easy as Tier 1 only because you can limit smash them without the roulette, and so it's a guaranteed + 50 seconds in Timed mode and 100% Score, Distance, Ring and Animal Bonuses. Otherwise they'd be between Tier 5 and 6.

Edited by SuperAj3

Well, I remade my tier list because Rose-Type characters are more useless to be used in Story Mode than Tikal and Hero-Type characters, and Sega & Sonic Team nerfed every item so badly in Ver. 2.0.0, so it's more difficult to collect animals than before even though one animal scores 15.000 points without any animal bonus.

Well, I remade my tier list because Rose-Type characters are more useless to be used in Story Mode than Tikal and Hero-Type characters, and Sega & Sonic Team nerfed every item so badly in Ver. 2.0.0, so it's more difficult to collect animals than before even though one animal scores 15.000 points without any animal bonus.

Yeah, that's true. It's sad because it makes Blaze almost useless now. Even Knuckles' bonus is more effective. That and Amitie can't be limit smashed. Amy at 10 star though has 100% Score bonus, 100% Distance bonus, 150% Animal bonus and 100% Ring bonus, so she's a surefire character you can limit smash to get decent stats. Of course, Ring bonus is OP now, so 2 10 star Team Chaotix, or Team Dark would probably be an ideal setup.

Edited by SuperAj3

Have is missed something with this game?

Just WHAT exactly is "Limit smashed" under each character and how do I do it for my characters? Seems to be no explaination at all in the game itself?!!

Aslo, any tips for combos?

Characters:

Sonic (L.100) Tails (L.81) Knuckles (L.20), Omega (L.20) Silver (L.20) and Charmy (L.1)

buddies:

Shahra (L.9), Yacker (L.6) King Boom Boo (L.5) Cartridge ( L.5) UFO (L.5)

Battle cruser,  star missle, easter bunny, skull chao, pumpking chao (all L.3)

Orca, Blowfish, magic lamp, golden piggy bank, egg chao, RC pinwheel, RC monkey (all L.2)

Mother wisp,  Erazor, Arthur's ghost, boo, desert chao,RC blimp,Green crystal moster (both S and L), RC turtle, easter chao RC balloon, dark chao, (all level 1)

Opa-opa, dark queen, reala, nights, chip, RC pirate spaceship.heavy bomb, knuckles omachao, nightopian, marine chao RC satellite, Wizard Chao, piggy bank, baby cyan wisp, RC electromagnet, omachao, Jewel chao, golden chao and hero chao (all level 0)

Sufice to say my red star roulette spins have brought me a lot of crap!!

Having a hard time being able to tell. Do easy-mode characters slow down the clock in timer-mode along with the rest of the level?

Having a hard time being able to tell. Do easy-mode characters slow down the clock in timer-mode along with the rest of the level?

yes they do, its the game speed, not the characters.

yes they do, its the game speed, not the characters.

I knew it didn''t just effect the characters. I however couldn't tell if it also effected the timer-clock or not.

So I've been following this topic/game before I even became a member here and I have one question for everyone. Why did Sonic Team have such a hard time making a phone game? I know it's their first one, but still, this game looks like a mess. You don't have to answer if it's a stupid question.

So I've been following this topic/game before I even became a member here and I have one question for everyone. Why did Sonic Team have such a hard time making a phone game? I know it's their first one, but still, this game looks like a mess. You don't have to answer if it's a stupid question.

I think you'll have to explain what ya mean by "The game looks like a mess" because currently while the game may not be super ideal, it is however working fine. Some may argue the game crashes a lot, but from my experience that depends on the type of phone you have. If you mean other stuff like why did they include the impossible spike walls which was removed later... I just leave that to a combo of them being greedy and not thinking enough about how the common player thinks.

PS: I just won the jackpot on the item wheel for the first time. W00t!

I think you'll have to explain what ya mean by "The game looks like a mess" because currently while the game may not be super ideal, it is however working fine. Some may argue the game crashes a lot, but from my experience that depends on the type of phone you have. If you mean other stuff like why did they include the impossible spike walls which was removed later... I just leave that to a combo of them being greedy and not thinking enough about how the common player thinks.

PS: I just won the jackpot on the item wheel for the first time. W00t!

Basically the things you mentioned (crashing on certain types of phones and adding insane level design), maybe those sort of things are normal for phone games, but they just seem very unprofessional and make me not want to play the game. The roulette also seems to be of poor design.

Maybe after the update was all that was needed then? But most people here probably spun at least once for ESP Silver, so it's probably just Sega messing up as usual. 

By the way, I think I may have found out a near-guaranteed way to win the daily battle no matter how skilled you are. 

1) Do a bad run (in my mind that means up to 5 million.

2) Look at your opponent and decide whether you can beat them.

3) If you are 100% sure you'll win, do a full item run and stomp their score. XD If not, find another apponent.

4) Crush your new apponent who should have an easily beatable score, and win at least 5 RSR guaranteed. 

This probably won't help the extremely skilled members here, but for anyone struggling this should hopefully help you along. :)

looking back at this, I find a problem, what if you are matched with an opponent that CAN beat you? 

If you use this, and click on "a beatable opponent" it takes 10rsr, which is the same you get on the rewards, so all it does is keep you on the win.(until you reach 50, where it gives you 20rsr)

Edited by Hundjäger18

apponent

Heh.

Anyway i never seen scores change so i have a theory that its the scores from the previous day rather than the ones updated in real time. That would also explain why the matchups happen so quickly.

Matchups are usually done within your league so it will be quite fair in the long term. I mean, look at the current historical high scores and you see that these ppl are still in league F*. 

Heh.

Anyway i never seen scores change so i have a theory that its the scores from the previous day rather than the ones updated in real time. That would also explain why the matchups happen so quickly.

Matchups are usually done within your league so it will be quite fair in the long term. I mean, look at the current historical high scores and you see that these ppl are still in league F*. 

you mean, the score on the daily battles?

Also, those F*  players look like hackers to me.

So StarlightAurora shared on Twitter his Quick mode score... My god Big is legendary!

Edited by SuperAj3
  • Thumbs Up 6

Heh.

I can confirm that they are not scores from the previous days, I have had peoples scores update through out the day, it's just that most people only do 1 serious run a day because it costs 5 RSR for the 2nd revive.

So if you stay in the s*** division you'll get shara again and they'll give you 1 special egg if she's at level 10 already. in case your wondering.