Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

Well, with two modes now its easier for them to make ,,events'' stages for timed mode, so you can still get up in the leagues.

What do you mean? I don't think the event is helping quick mode scores, given that the stage changes of type.(but that's just my opinion)

What do you mean? I don't think the event is helping quick mode scores, given that the stage changes of type.(but that's just my opinion)

I agree, I typically manage 15 mil + in timed mode but on the event stage I find it hard to get to even 10 mil because the constant stage switching is very punishing for all the characters as their jumps and double taps don't properly line up when the stage type suddenly switches.

I guess the event is pretty and the music is pretty good though, for now I will hope that there is some amazing gift they will give out on Christmas equal to an entire event worth of rewards. Don't think I should hold my breath for that one though.

I agree, I typically manage 15 mil + in timed mode but on the event stage I find it hard to get to even 10 mil because the constant stage switching is very punishing for all the characters as their jumps and double taps don't properly line up when the stage type suddenly switches.

I guess the event is pretty and the music is pretty good though, for now I will hope that there is some amazing gift they will give out on Christmas equal to an entire event worth of rewards. Don't think I should hold my breath for that one though.

Seeing how they are taking away all the best ways to get RSR, I doubt there will be anything good on Dec. 25.

Yeah, I'm having the same problem, not getting as much score as I used to. This is the worse, at this point I don't think they will let the event buddies on the roulette (like they do), so it will be, not only the nights buddies, but the event buddies leaving too.

Making Xmas event just a quick mode skin is just sad :/.

For many, hallowen/birthday/tropical events brought players back to the game for awhile to enjoy a new stage, a free SR buddy, free RSR, and now it's just a skin in a "can't wait for you to leave the game" mode. 

This is the exact extreme opposite of easter event, during soft launch, when it was the first event of them all and things weren't so bad xd.

No dialogues, no rewards and leader boards, no separate event menu, no effort at all in this update

• Thumbs Up 4

No dialogues, no rewards and leader boards, no separate event menu, no effort at all in this update

That's actually a really good point, of all the things about this event, how is it that there is NO story at all? it's literally just an announcement of new buddies and characters with a timed mode skin.

It's only slightly more effort than the original Nights! "event" we got

Maybe it's just me but I feel like this game has lost it's sense of purpose, like why do I play Sonic runners?

Before I played it to get RSR to get new characters and buddies which would allow me to get better and the new characters and buddies would enable me to run further to get more RSR to do it all over again, just faster and I could do this as much as I wanted all day and have my time rewarded equally through out the day.

Now though, why do I play Sonic Runners? I do 1 run a day to get the daily battle high score and that's it, I was still looking forward to the events which were always fun before but if this is the new standard where it doesn't add any additional purpose to playing, then I have to go back and wonder why I should do more than 1 run a day.

This makes me ask though, why does Sega think that 1 run a day will compel me to buy red rings? if I barely play the game because of their new design, then I don't have any emotional attachment to it that would make me want to pay them.

Edited by sprit
  • Thumbs Up 1

Making Xmas event just a quick mode skin is just sad :/.

For many, hallowen/birthday/tropical events brought players back to the game for awhile to enjoy a new stage, a free SR buddy, free RSR, and now it's just a skin in a "can't wait for you to leave the game" mode. 

This is the exact extreme opposite of easter event, during soft launch, when it was the first event of them all and things weren't so bad xd.

I wholeheartedly agree. This game's become nothing but a cash cow and it's only about making money. It's so sad just how much this game has fallen since its launch. It's prime was in March and now it's just been downhill with lower rewards, the heaps of bugs, and now ultra stingy play methods where you have next to no chance of making RSR on your own by playing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

So is worth spending RSR on the wheel? I was saving up for the Xmas event, but all the Xmas buddies and characters seem to be rubbish. 

I'm think it's better to wait until the event is over, as that would mean there's more chance of getting something decent. 

Is that correct or am I missing something. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I was trying to get the character models in a clean state to make renders, and just when I thought I got Tikal working, the lighting makes it look like she has a beard LOL
CUi3JXnVAAIdEnf.png

Please link to download the sonic runners models

This Xtmas update!...

It's only me, or someone has the same problem: I can not rank up in timed mode, everytime I see the same result "You Finished in 1/50 and stayed in the F* rank".
How and why?!
I'm almost giving up on playing it.

And now the events are even worse. 

Runners gets just more and more terrible with every month.

• Thumbs Up 2

I got a notification on my phone saying that by collecting presents you win a character for free. (I didn't screen cap it because my dumb ass didn't think to do that.)

I got a notification on my phone saying that by collecting presents you win a character for free. (I didn't screen cap it because my dumb ass didn't think to do that.)

are you sure it wasnt dash? Lol 

I really doubt Runners will do that, specially with the fact that there isn't a present counter.

• Thumbs Up 1

are you sure it wasnt dash? Lol 

I really doubt Runners will do that, specially with the fact that there isn't a present counter.

That's true. I wish there was a way to view your last notifications on the IOS.

So is worth spending RSR on the wheel? I was saving up for the Xmas event, but all the Xmas buddies and characters seem to be rubbish. 

I'm think it's better to wait until the event is over, as that would mean there's more chance of getting something decent. 

Is that correct or am I missing something. 

TBH I saved up for the event. Had 10 spins total and got 2 of the 3 Characters, but no Christmas NiGHTS. They're all just for show XD Christmas Yeti's the only good buddy from the batch, so if you get him you're lucky! I'd say try a few spins, but if you don't want them, hold onto your RSR/Tickets. We know the game's making more characters so there'll be more stuff coming soon.

That's Dash XD There's the same Christmas event as last year where you can unlock Silver. Runners coincidentally gave out Silver too XD But I don't think they'd give out a character for free again haha.

Anybody know if these are real or not?

CWr416EWwAAidPL.pngCWr42TIWUAAyWkq.png

If they are... This would make me personally really happy! I am a fairly big Sticks fan. C:

• Thumbs Up 4

know if these are real or not?

Hidden Content

If they are... This would make me personally really happy! I am a fairly big Sticks fan. C:

They're real.

character files in runners end with a character name but in half. for example, Rouge would be "Rou". Tikal would be "Tik".

So Werehog would be "Wer" and sticks would be "Sti" as shown below:

10152592_1535672280088863_23483377546040

They're... Real?

FUCK

WHY DIDN'T I SAVE UP MY RSR NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

TBH I saved up for the event. Had 10 spins total and got 2 of the 3 Characters, but no Christmas NiGHTS. They're all just for show XD Christmas Yeti's the only good buddy from the batch, so if you get him you're lucky! I'd say try a few spins, but if you don't want them, hold onto your RSR/Tickets. We know the game's making more characters so there'll be more stuff coming soon.

Thanks. I had 3 spins of the wheel (just in case they made a mistake and give out more free tickets again), but I've saved the rest. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Am feeling that I mostly only get to enjoy characters being added to the game now more then I do actually getting them… Seriously I haven’t gotten a single character since H-Omega… I spin once or so everyday and nothing. Now I doubt that I’ll even get Metal-Sonic & Sticks which I really want unless they make all the non-event characters buyable . ;/

And I don’t get why there are Christmas gifts on the themed stage when we seemingly get nothing for collecting them? Perhaps it’s just a left over from before they decided the plans for the 2.0 update.

looks amazing

its my best companion

Screenshot_2015-12-19-09-49-15.png

odd, lucky to get the loading screen, I'm guessing it works like the buddies used to get animals, doubt it will work like the UFO or anything else, funny how what changes per level is the time and not the combo.

Why am I not surprised?

They actually brought Sticks to a Modern-based game.

Good to see the Werehog, though. After ESP, Werehog was a given. Now we need Super Sonic.

Thanks. I had 3 spins of the wheel (just in case they made a mistake and give out more free tickets again), but I've saved the rest. 

They have made a mistake with Ideya's name (They called it "Idea"), but it's no "Boob" so I don't think they care enough to fix it XD