Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

Yeah okay I'm starting to get annoyed with this game too.

8 premium roulette tickets. And 850RSR. Not. One. Single. Character. That's 25 spins. 25. And let's look at the maximum RSR you can buy, assuming you take away the first buyers bonus. 482 for €42,55. That's around 11,32 RSR per Euro. I spent the equivalent of 1,250 RSR. When translated to money, that would be €110,42 worth of RSR. I didn't spend a single cent on this game, but imagine if I did. That would be over €100 wasted on NOTHING. Nothing but useless NiGHTS buddies. What the actual hell, Sonic Team?! The thing that pisses me off is how they even advertise the RSR bundles as a guarantee for getting characters. "Buy some RSR and get unique characters!" they say. BULLSHIT. And this is even when they slightly increased the chance of getting a character. I can't believe this. I cannot believe how long I was blind to this robbery. 

I'm just about ready to quit the game. I've played it. I've experienced everything I need to experience. I mean, it's still fun and I'll probably play it every now and then but by golly, FUCK the roulette. Why can't they have every character available to purchase like Amy? 200RSR. Fine. Whatever. It's a lot but it's still better than wasting tons of hard earned RSR (or paid if you're that dumb and gullible) for a chance at getting one. A minuscule chance that might as well be 0.00001%. Oof, I just feel like smashing something now. 

• Thumbs Up 7

On the bright side, i finally got a character (espio), from those 5 free premium tickets tickets. 

That took 41 spins overall counting from start of me playing. And most of it was dealing with 6% chance then. 

Best christmas present ever. Thx sega.

A part of me wants to keep playing but a part of me wants to lock myself away in a vat of despair for how bad this game got.

It sucks because this game could've been so awesome. It could've been easily the best of the Sonic Mobile games but figures.

• Thumbs Up 3

>I still don't see what everyone is trying so hard to be so fucking melodramatic about

I've heard more "I'm so sad this game is terrible" posts here than in the Rise of Lyric thread but less that actually explain what the fuckin' deal is

What the hell is even going on

>I still don't see what everyone is trying so hard to be so fucking melodramatic about

I've heard more "I'm so sad this game is terrible" posts here than in the Rise of Lyric thread but less that actually explain what the fuckin' deal is

whats going on is that time dedicated players can't have enough RSR to get what they want, that and the game has some bugs and what not.

Pretty much the game is pay to win/a chace at characters.

I could go on details about my issues.

My problem is the stupid roulette how unfair it is, when some people spend more than 40 spins spinning the roulette and not get a single character. Not only that, when you do get a character it's like a 0.1% chance of getting the character you actually want because all the characters are on the roulette now. It doesn't help the fact that you can get repeats due to the limit smash. It's basically most impossible to limit smash a roulette chracter all the way because you have to get that character ten times (unless you're REALLY lucky)

The roulette is filled with new worthless buddies and because the lvls are increased to 10, that makes it even worse. What aggravates me is that it's not like after level 5 your buddies get stronger than before. No. They nerfed the buddies where toe buddies won't be the same power from when they were level 5 but instead they will be the same at level 10. That really is stupid especially since people spend money on thee buddies. If leveling up to level 10 simply made them stronger, I wouldn't mind.

it takes forever to complete an episode now, and because you just get rings for ranking story mode is useless now. 

I will say I like timed mode and I think it's great, and it's more fun in my opinion than story mode. I still like Sonic Runners and I'll still play it, but I wish they'd fix those problems. Not to mention there's plenty of glitches and bugs including the crashing at revives and whatnot, but luckily I myself don't encounter many bugs/glitches

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay. I still don't think that qualifies as enough to be so melodramatic about it, but I understand those are problems, i guess

Okay. I still don't think that qualifies as enough to be so melodramatic about it, but I understand those are problems, i guess

They are very qualified to be melodramatic about it when SEGA has been lying to us all these months with their deceptive advertising and typos. I too, thought that some of these complaints were unnecessary; that was until patch 2.0.0 came. This patch just proved that SEGA does not give a flying fuck about their fanbase or testing their games for bug and quality assurance. They purposefully sought to rip out everyone's progress from the game in a way that only favours people who spend thousands of dollars on this shitty ass broken mess of a game now. Even if you do spend money, there's no guarantee that you will get anything, since the special roulette can give duplicates too now.

• Thumbs Up 4

Nobody is forcing you to spend money to play the game. I can understand characters being hard to get but you're pretty much doing exactly what I'm talking about. I mean completing episodes and stuff never really did anything in the first place. But instead we have this:

SEGA has been lying to us all these months

proved that SEGA does not give a flying fuck about their fanbase or testing their games

They purposefully sought to rip out everyone's progress from the game

only favours people who spend thousands of dollars on this shitty ass broken mess of a game now

Calm your fucking tits, man. I'm not saying there aren't problems, I'm saying this screaming over a mobile game that was never really that impressive to start makes y'all look fuckin' crazy. I was angrier at Sonic Dash taking two bucks from me then going free later than I was at this game. I don't know how long you guys play on end that causes you to lose all your lives, but it's never long enough for me to feel like buying lives has ever been a necessity, and since of the characters I have I can never actually see any difference in playstyle outside of respective movement type, I feel like there's not enough incentive to buy RSR to spend on the wheel and not any more disappointment or anger if I don't get what I want when I do use the wheel.

I'm hesitant to use the phrase "it's a mobile game, what the fuck were you expecting", but really that's more because if "it's a spinoff, what the fuck were you expecting" didn't work, that sure as hell won't.

...I mean completing episodes and stuff never really did anything in the first place....

...I'm saying this screaming over a mobile game that was never really that impressive to start makes y'all look fuckin' crazy....

...don't know how long you guys play on end that causes you to lose all your lives, but it's never long enough for me to feel like buying lives has ever been a necessity...

... I feel like there's not enough incentive to buy RSR to spend on the wheel and not any more disappointment or anger if I don't get what I want when I do use the wheel.

I'm hesitant to use the phrase "it's a mobile game, what the fuck were you expecting", but really that's more because if "it's a spinoff, what the fuck were you expecting" didn't work, that sure as hell won't.

everything here, I don't understand it.

-completing episodes rewards the player with RSR.

-we complain about the game because of the many mistakes they made, and since there are a lot of players, you can expect a lot of complains.

(Btw, it looks like the best Sonic mobile game, too bad its a "pay to [think that you have a chance to] win"

-what's its this about lives? What are you talking about? 

-well, there isn't but some still do, but the bigger problem is for those who farm RSR, with 2.0.0, you need x5.5 times what needed before, and you only get half.

-again, what is this? Spinoff?

Nobody is forcing you to spend money to play the game. I can understand characters being hard to get but you're pretty much doing exactly what I'm talking about. I mean completing episodes and stuff never really did anything in the first place. But instead we have this:

Calm your fucking tits, man. I'm not saying there aren't problems, I'm saying this screaming over a mobile game that was never really that impressive to start makes y'all look fuckin' crazy. I was angrier at Sonic Dash taking two bucks from me then going free later than I was at this game. I don't know how long you guys play on end that causes you to lose all your lives, but it's never long enough for me to feel like buying lives has ever been a necessity, and since of the characters I have I can never actually see any difference in playstyle outside of respective movement type, I feel like there's not enough incentive to buy RSR to spend on the wheel and not any more disappointment or anger if I don't get what I want when I do use the wheel.

I don't really understand your reply to Purinx, he's justified in being upset over all the deception and mistakes that SEGA make with this game, and how they've lied in their advertising (Take the Boss Roulette's layout when advertised on twitter). I didn't read his message as screaming, just as a response XD

And people don't spend RSR on lives LOL They're free if you add facebook members (which most players do). They spend on the roulette to limit smash characters to 10 star, because regular levelling is useless now. On the point of completing episodes, I used to get 50RSR a day from repeating episode 50 over and over, now I can't even get through one part of the episode, and so I just rely on daily battles. 

Edited by SuperAj3
  • Thumbs Up 1

-completing episodes rewards the player with RSR.

No...no they don't. Is this some hundreds of episodes ahead or something? I'm in the fifties or whatever.

-we complain about the game because of the many mistakes they made, and since there are a lot of players, you can expect a lot of complains.

Okay but then this is continuing the whole "so many problems I'm not even going to bother elaborating" problem I have here

(Btw, it looks like the best Sonic mobile game, too bad its a "pay to [think that you have a chance to] win"

So is it the best or the worst, then? Why is this backwards-ass statement so common here?

-what's its this about lives? What are you talking about? 

Lives are easy as fuck to get and I never play long enough to feel bad if I've lost all of them. Plus if episodes are apparently so integral to beating them, they refill your lives at the end anyway (the game can't just be easy, I've never had a problem continuing my run after completing episodes so I don't see the big deal).

-well, there isn't but some still do, but the bigger problem is for those who farm RSR, with 2.0.0, you need x5.5 times what needed before, and you only get half.

Okay but what the hell does it matter? Characters barely make any difference in gameplay in my experience.

-again, what is this? Spinoff?

Welcome to June 2014

I don't really understand your reply to Purinx, he's justified in being upset over all the deception and mistakes that SEGA make with this game, and how they've lied in their advertising (Take the Boss Roulette's layout when advertised on twitter). I didn't read his message as screaming, just as a response XD

And people don't spend RSR on lives LOL They're free if you add facebook members (which most players do). They spend on the roulette to limit smash characters to 10 star.

And I don't have a problem with acknowledging issues. My problem is just how ridiculous all this conjecture is. There's so fucking much "I'm so disappointed that this game turned out to be the literal worst piece of material ever created by anyone in the history of the universe" talk here and I just do not understand. I'm playing the game here, and yeah, I may not have everything I want, but there's really not enough substance to this game to be angry about in the first place. This amount of outcry over what I define as incredibly minor things in this game are my issue, because a mobile game's substance to me is it's core gameplay. If I don't get a score multiplier or whatever, that doesn't actually change what I do when I play the game, so I can't get worked up about it or understand why others would. Why the hell does everyone care so much about being able to play as Charmy the fucking Bee when doing so does nothing? It's the same reason I never bother buying or unlocking thousands of alternate costumes for things because if they make any difference, it's going to be so minor or unnecessary that it will be more of a waste of time than anything else. I don't care about just seeing a number go up. If a character can increase the amount of fun I have while playing or at least extend my play time, that'd be one thing. But I can already play as long as I want in this game, and the characters that increase the length of a run are already buyable just by using RSR. Maybe I have different values than others when playing a game, sure, but that doesn't mean I have to share their issues.

The problem isn't some petty personal "I didn't get who or what I wanted", it's that they change many things and mess with scoring formulas and buddy activation requirements and never notify us. What 'things' I mean, are like the RSR rewards for completing episodes, the roulette layout and placement of Normal Eggs on the Item Roulette, the second duration for items and wisps, the length "Attack Eggman" segments run. Things like that that make things harder overall to earn RSR without spending when those changes are either unneccessary, or are "by fan demand" according to the Runner's twitter (which I doubt anyone would demand less rewards).

You're not unjustified in your viewpoint though, I'm the same now with not really caring if I get a character or not, but the complaints (at least that I have) are more on a general level that affects everyone, not a personal one.

No...no they don't. Is this some hundreds of episodes ahead or something? I'm in the fifties or whatever.

Okay but then this is continuing the whole "so many problems I'm not even going to bother elaborating" problem I have here

So is it the best or the worst, then? Why is this backwards-ass statement so common here?

Lives are easy as fuck to get and I never play long enough to feel bad if I've lost all of them. Plus if episodes are apparently so integral to beating them, they refill your lives at the end anyway (the game can't just be easy, I've never had a problem continuing my run after completing episodes so I don't see the big deal).

Okay but what the hell does it matter? Characters barely make any difference in gameplay in my experience.

Welcome to June 2014

Why the hell does everyone care so much about being able to play as Charmy the fucking Bee when doing so does nothing? 

before 2.0, all episodes gave 5rsr and the last part(withe the boss) 10 RSR, right now they changed it so a few give 40k rings instead of RSR.

-I could tell you all my problems, purinxpop did, and it wasnt enough for you to get it.

-its the best as in gameplay, he many characters and features, but the updates keep on stoping players from getting RSR, and that's a problem because of the limited time buddies/characters that you can only get based on RNG(roulette)

-again, where is this lives problems coming from? I don't remember seeing anyone complaining about the lives system.

-characters have different bonuses, some hurt you (team easy) and others help you a lot (limit smashing)

-I still don't get it, Runners is not a spinoff.

-charmy is fly type(best and easier), and has a ring bonus (50%), that and fan favorite.

The problem isn't some petty personal "I didn't get who or what I wanted", it's that they change many things and mess with scoring formulas and buddy activation requirements and never notify us. What 'things' I mean, are like the RSR rewards for completing episodes, the roulette layout and placement of Normal Eggs on the Item Roulette, the second duration for items and wisps, the length "Attack Eggman" segments run. Things like that that make things harder overall to earn RSR without spending when those changes are either unneccessary, or are "by fan demand" according to the Runner's twitter (which I doubt anyone would demand less rewards).

You're not unjustified in your viewpoint though, I'm the same now with not really caring if I get a character or not, but the complaints (at least that I have) are more on a general level that affects everyone, not a personal one.

Yeah okay the Eggman thing I definitely don't like along with the item duration changes. Those are problematic, I just don't care about all this "40% more chance to not give a shit" complaints.

before 2.0, all episodes gave 5rsr and the last part(withe the boss) 10 RSR, right now they changed it so a few give 40k rings instead of RSR.

So then they don't give RSR and I was right, then.

-I could tell you all my problems, purinxpop did, and it wasnt enough for you to get it.

ooh boy, accusations. nice.

-its the best as in gameplay, he many characters and features, but the updates keep on stoping players from getting RSR, and that's a problem because of the limited time buddies/characters that you can only get based on RNG(roulette)

Okay but why are these characters so goddamn important that not having them is just the end of the world? What's so great about them?

-again, where is this lives problems coming from? I don't remember seeing anyone complaining about the lives system.

Well good for you, I have. If you can't even comprehend that there's as much complaints as there are I don't see why you'd want to be an advocate for more of them.

-characters have different bonuses, some hurt you (team easy) and others help you a lot (limit smashing)

Okay but what do these do in gameplay? If I want to have fun with a game because of the act of playing it rather than seeing a number go up, why should I care about these oh-so-great characters, and more importantly why then should not being able to easily get them be such an issue rather than the ones I already have?

-I still don't get it, Runners is not a spinoff.

good thing I wasn't referring to runners then

-charmy is fly type(best and easier)

like Tails which you get for free

has a ring bonus (50%),

which we've already established aren't that useful

and fan favorite.

which reality has established is a lie out the ass

Yeah okay the Eggman thing I definitely don't like along with the item duration changes. Those are problematic, I just don't care about all this "40% more chance to not give a shit" complaints.

So then they don't give RSR and I was right, then.

ooh boy, accusations. nice.

Okay but why are these characters so goddamn important that not having them is just the end of the world? What's so great about them?

Well good for you, I have. If you can't even comprehend that there's as much complaints as there are I don't see why you'd want to be an advocate for more of them.

Okay but what do these do in gameplay? If I want to have fun with a game because of the act of playing it rather than seeing a number go up, why should I care about these oh-so-great characters, and more importantly why then should not being able to easily get them be such an issue rather than the ones I already have?

good thing I wasn't referring to runners then

like Tails which you get for free

which we've already established aren't that useful

which reality has established is a lie out the ass

-they do give RSR, it was just reduced, back at soft launch I think it was 10 per episode and 50 at the end of the chapter, then on world release 5 per episode and 10 at the end of the chapter, now its half rings, half RSR (5) and 10 at the end of the chapter.

-ehhh, what? I was just trying to say, with the ones that are already mentioned, it wasn't enough, so i dont bother getting a list of mines.

-again, bonuses, they are really important, they make a difference on how much score you can get on time mode.

-well, sorry for just following this forum.

-fan favorites, bonuses.

-just gonna drop this since you won't tell me what you're talking about.

-for this, again, fan favorite 

-actually, right now ring bonus is the best bonus.

-emm..what? That charmy is fan favorite? 

Edited by Hundjäger18
  • Thumbs Up 1

-they do give RSR, it was just reduced, back at soft launch I think it was 10 per episode and 50 at the end of the chapter, then on world release 5 per episode and 10 at the end of the chapter, now its half rings, half RSR (5) and 10 at the end of the chapter.

okay then they give both, so it's not pointless afterall.

-again, bonuses, they are really important, they make a difference on how much score you can get on time mode.

Uh-huh. Watching a number go up, just like I said.

-well, sorry for just following this forum.

Sorry you think that, if you didn't see the posts in this very thread

-fan favorites, bonuses.

Okay but in S3K I chose Tails because he could do things that Sonic couldn't, not because he was orange. I never bothered playing as Tails in Sonic 2, because he didn't have any differences from Sonic. So claiming "fan-favorites" for something that makes no difference in gameplay and is subjective to each person is just a cop-out.

-for this, again, fan favorite 

-emm..what? That charmy is fan favorite? 

Yeah, because nobody likes Charmy. he's fucking charmy

-actually, right now ring bonus is the best bonus.

So are rings useless or not? If you're going to use this device in the first place you could at least keep consistent with what it is you're trying to push.

okay then they give both, so it's not pointless afterall.

Uh-huh. Watching a number go up, just like I said.

Sorry you think that, if you didn't see the posts in this very thread

Okay but in S3K I chose Tails because he could do things that Sonic couldn't, not because he was orange. I never bothered playing as Tails in Sonic 2, because he didn't have any differences from Sonic. So claiming "fan-favorites" for something that makes no difference in gameplay and is subjective to each person is just a cop-out.

Yeah, because nobody likes Charmy. he's fucking charmy

So are rings useless or not? If you're going to use this device in the first place you could at least keep consistent with what it is you're trying to push.

I think some do like charmy, and I never said rings were useless.

I think some do like charmy

Maybe somewhere in the vast reaches of the universe, but does anyone like him enough to be upset that it isn't easy to get him? I think not.

Maybe somewhere in the vast reaches of the universe, but does anyone like him enough to be upset that it isn't easy to get him? I think not.

...*slowly raises hand*

I love Charmy. He's cute. I may not be upset that it's hard to play as him or the other characters, but I still like him and would like to play as him and Espio.

I actually don't care too much about the roulette, as I will spin regardless so I get to play as my favorite characters. However I still think it's kinda unfair. It doesn't help that Sega keeps making it more of a nuisance with each update. Sure, it may not change gameplay other than bonuses, but I simply just want to play as my favorite characters and get high scores using them. That's what makes the game fun for me. 

(Still trying to get ESP Silver .-.)

At the end of the day though, I am more displeased on how they nerfed the whisps, buddies, bonuses, items, etc. Sonic Runner was perfectly fine before especially during Softlaunch but Sega keeps changing it when they don't need to. It doesn't help that they change it for the inconvenience of us. 

• Thumbs Up 2

As far as roulette goes , not a fan. In fact its the thing that keeps me away from this game. I actually just play sonic dash 2 sonic boom, because I could just buy shadow. And I did, and use him because I like shadow. I have to spin a damn roulette and hope I get shadow. If i could just buy like 3 versions of shadow in runners, and amy, and silver and whoever I would. I have to hope, I get him. I'm not falling down that psychological money sink. So I stopped playing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

As far as roulette goes , not a fan. In fact its the thing that keeps me away from this game. I actually just play sonic dash 2 sonic boom, because I could just buy shadow. And I did, and use him because I like shadow. I have to spin a damn roulette and hope I get shadow. If i could just buy like 3 versions of shadow in runners, and amy, and silver and whoever I would. I have to hope, I get him. I'm not falling down that psychological money sink. So I stopped playing. 

Shadow is in Dash 2 now... WHAT?!

*goes to buy Shadow*

I think rewards are fine. Especially with timed mode. To me, roulette is mostly just a collecting thing. The longer you play, the better. 

Back to the christmas event.

In theory, ideya plus dark queen sounds like a good combo. Example: get item, rack up enough combos to get shield, use shield. 

EDIT: spent about 400 rsr to get ideya. Got tikal instead. don't know what to think anymore.  

Edited by Casey Oon