Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

Sonic runners needs am new update that fixes anything broken in 2.0.x

The version must be v2.0.4t or v3.0.0t

Um, the #1 thing they literally can't fix is the lag mostly because of one thing and that's that it's not really good. Even on better phones it still lags at random and on my sisters Galaxy S3 it STILL lags on it

I can't make Premy back to Sonic runners He just says to me in one of comments 've already told you I don't play Sonic Runners anymore.
Its hard now to make players back to Sonic runners

7 hours ago, Darkness said:

Sonic runners needs am new update that fixes anything broken in 2.0.x

The version must be v2.0.4t or v3.0.0t

The developers are pretty busy and they haven't been releasing updates, so when there's a void of new content/effort-reward curve too steep, naturally people will stop playing. 

6 hours ago, flaresakithasol said:

Um, the #1 thing they literally can't fix is the lag mostly because of one thing and that's that it's not really good. Even on better phones it still lags at random and on my sisters Galaxy S3 it STILL lags on it

Have you tried tablet? It's pretty smooth on tablet.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, caseykz said:

The developers are pretty busy and they haven't been releasing updates, so when there's a void of new content/effort-reward curve too steep, naturally people will stop playing. 

I think it's more the case that the game didn't bring in the money they hoped, so they've stopped developing it. I'm hoping they might give it another a chance once the 25th Anniversary game is released. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, big_smile said:

I think it's more the case that the game didn't bring in the money they hoped, so they've stopped developing it. I'm hoping they might give it another a chance once the 25th Anniversary game is released. 

Speaking of the anniversry,why don't they add a anniversry event like they did that one time? 

I know now what is killing Sonic runners its that 25th Anniversary game
I know the next event of sonic runners its the same birthday event from 2015 but on timed mode
Someone needs to send am email to Sega trying to kill events of timed mode because i don't want events on timed mode anymore

Yeah, about that:unsure:

2 minutes ago, Darkness said:

Someone needs to send am email to Sega trying to kill events of timed mode because i don't want events on timed mode anymore

Emailing SEGA to take off timed mode isn't gonna work. That's like saying your gonna email Dr Pepper and tell them to make a new flavor. It's not gonna work

If Sonic runners will get am update in june this is what i want
Remove events of timed mode
Events are collecting things to get rewards on endless mode
Make all characters buyable witn red rings
Fix rc battle cruiser and rc pirate ship
Remove hackers score from runners league that show on non banned accounts

The devs needs to stop be lazy to update the game and add new things

3 hours ago, RobbieTheLebeau said:

Speaking of the anniversry,why don't they add a anniversry event like they did that one time? 

Hopefully they will do something for the anniversary.

But I wouldn't hold my breath. Ever since they announced that the game was a financial failure they've stopped doing any major updates. 

1 hour ago, big_smile said:

Hopefully they will do something for the anniversary.

But I wouldn't hold my breath. Ever since they announced that the game was a financial failure they've stopped doing any major updates. 

Wow...thats sad. Wait,why did it fail? O.o

21 minutes ago, RobbieTheLebeau said:

Hmm...that's a really tough one. I wonder if it's the lagging, or falling through the floor, or falling through platforms, or drill going through the floor like it's supposed to and going straight down, or timed mode taking over events that were actually good, or "events" becoming song replacing and/or reusing already used stage designs, or maybe it was the fact that there is even the dreaded ROULETTE. I dunno what it was :lol:

• Thumbs Up 1

The simplest answer is it was ruined by SEGA's own greedy decisions, with 2.0 destroying the game altogether. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't know why Sonic Team don't just partner up with Hardlight, as apparently the Hardlight Sonic games have been successful. 

Sonic Runners' gameplay is much better than the Hardlight games, but I think Hardlight have a better understanding of how to structure a mobile game.

3 hours ago, big_smile said:

Sonic Runners' gameplay is much better than the Hardlight games, but I think Hardlight have a better understanding of how to structure a mobile game.

Actually that depends on who you ask. I heard of kids IRL that prefer the non-side-scrolling Sonic phone games more, and that Sonic runners is to hard for them.

17 hours ago, RobbieTheLebeau said:

A milder answer would be that they nerfed everything about the game to make 100 percenting it longer, but pissed off the players who liked it before the nerf. I think the spike wall glitch might have played a part. 

But to me, it's better, since i like collecting. It's sort of like neko atsume, collect all the cats, get all the fish, buy stuff to collect more cats. Bonus points for useful buddies. 

Btw, i find it kind of funny that they decided to release classic sonic on April instead of June.

UPDATE: maintanence on 27th may, 8-9am utc

It's nice to see they're being nice and doing maintenance, but the maintenance could be a bad thing so there's that thought

The last time they did maintenance they removed free video revives and broke the RSR battleship and Ring Pirateship.

I hope they don't take away anything this time. 

On 5/25/2016 at 7:50 AM, big_smile said:

I hope they don't take away anything this time. 

They are taking away the game. On 27 of July, Sonic Runners closes! :(

15 minutes ago, big_smile said:

Looks like the best game ever truly isn't lasting forever.

I'm actually a bit genuinely sad that itll be closed

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, big_smile said:

:( 

i should have known. Why did they have to take ads away?

So, have anybody found a similar game or sth? 

Well at least some of us can say 

"I was part of Sonic Runners while it was cool, and uncool".

Well, I'm not surprised honestly. I had guessed they would end service by the end of 2016. Halfway through the year is a little early, but the game was dead for a long time. I stopped playing a while back so, I don't really care for the game's closure. A bit sad that it will be gone forever though. The concept was good and if they had put some more effort and updated it more often, it could've been a really solid mobile title. 

It's a shame, but a business model so cravenly geared towards in app purchases and it's horrible stability and performance surely contributed to it.

I mean, the average consumer doesn't want to wait two minutes for a mobile endless runner to load, and last time I used it the UI was so cluttered  and performance so rubbish that I can't blame people for not hanging on to it. 

• Thumbs Up 2