Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

People keep comparing this to Hardlight. But hardlight helped make the game don't you know.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Sean said:

rip in pieces Jungle Run was better

The ridiculous thing about it is, yeah. This.

When it comes to auto-running sidescrollers, Sonic of all game IPs should be running this scene.

• Thumbs Up 7

My only real issue with this game was the gambling feature. It was a shady way of tip-toeing around the law to introduce the habit to children in a very underhanded manner.

If not for the roulette wheel primarily and the money/gambling focus in general, it would've been alright for me. I enjoyed it now and then for what it's worth, but every single time I played it there was so much "GO TO THE ROULETTE NOW!!!" focus that all I could do was flip SEGA the bird in the end.

No more gambling in my Sonic, thanks.

• Thumbs Up 3

Even though I had a lot of bad memories with this I still had a lot of good ones too, So this is kind of sad. I wish they could make it offline at least in case I want to play it later but I guess not. But in the end at least I enjoyed it.

Here's to hoping that the assets (and music) for the game will be fully accessed soon (there's an instrumental version of Dreams of an Absolution that was used in a cutscene from the birthday launch event somewhere in my files for the game and I never bothered deleting the cache)

3 hours ago, sansy said:

oh shit waddup boi!

Looks like Sonic Paradise wants people who still have their data of Runners in hopes of getting an offline version of it.

Here's what you hardcore Runners madmen  people need to do!

Hide contents

CjfXVOOWgAInA7u.jpg

I should try that then. I have the game since worldwide launch and never bothered clearing the cache, unless they actually started removing unused game data at some update

• Thumbs Up 1

I once did this before. Uploaded com.sega.sonicrunners (and every other related asset) on another android phone (because mine cracked) and it worked exactly the same.

the most scary thought is that they store players data on the servers too.

5 minutes ago, caseykz said:

I once did this before. Uploaded com.sega.sonicrunners (and every other related asset) on another android phone (because mine cracked) and it worked exactly the same.

Every asset? I don't think you had all of them due to the fact that they wait until you play with a new character to actually download those assets

2 minutes ago, flaresakithasol said:

Every asset? I don't think you had all of them due to the fact that they wait until you play with a new character to actually download those assets

No as in the data files. Not everything was in the com.sega.sonicrunners file. There were a couple lying around outside it. I think. I did this months ago.

It's really annoying that the game will be totally unplayable just because SEGA is done supporting it.

I wish they would have an offline mode that still worked after the servers close.

• Thumbs Up 3

You think that's annoying, did you get your favorite character a DAY after it announced the end?

Screenshot_2016-05-28-09-38-15.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Rest in Peace, Sonic Runners

Except that roulette wheel, I'll never miss that

May you be rested next to this game

CjdBlcAVAAIqTjs.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

Alas, at last, rest in peace, Sonic Runners.

*Is actually shamefully glad Sonic Runners is leaving because I accidentally deleted the app and had to start all over when before I had Vector before I even got Tails and the Roulette was almost always in my favor*

I think somethings planned, I mean look at dash. NO support for how long and it's still going? Somethings up and I need answers 

1 minute ago, flaresakithasol said:

I think somethings planned, I mean look at dash. NO support for how long and it's still going? Somethings up and I need answers 

Big difference. Dash can be played offline. Because of how Runners is designed, that means SEGA has to constantly pay to keep online servers going, and pay for maintenance of the app. Sure, they could make Runners an offline game but we also don't know how much money, time, and effort would need to go into changing Runners' entire design to support offline play as a good deal of it seems to have been based entirely around being online. If Runners was a failure financially, then it's very likely SEGA just wants to cut their losses instead of losing money maintaining a game that very clearly isn't making that money back (Almost definitely because people hated what 2.0 did and how much bs the roulette is)

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, flaresakithasol said:

You think that's annoying, did you get your favorite character a DAY after it announced the end?

Screenshot_2016-05-28-09-38-15.png

Dayum i wish i had your luck. 

But first i'm waiting out the tikal event. It's still on, is it?

You have 2 months to play with her i guess.

Meanwhile, i finally bought Big. He's adorable.

4 minutes ago, flaresakithasol said:

It's MAY, next is JUNE1 MONTH

Wait i thought i read July?

Just now, caseykz said:

Wait i thought i read July?

Well, yeah but we're on the tail end of May.

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Well, yeah but we're on the tail end of May.

Well yeah but the service ends on the tail end of July.

if it is July.

40 minutes ago, flaresakithasol said:

The notification says JUNE

No wait, what? it says July.

They didn't screw up after all.