Awoo.

Sonic Runners (iOS/Android) - Thread Version 2.0

Cola

I just got the Genesis Cartridge. And in the last few days I keep on getting Easter bunny. I thought these buddies were event specific? Does it mean that other characters, the Pyuo and PSO2 buddies, are still available? 

I just got the Genesis Cartridge. And in the last few days I keep on getting Easter bunny. I thought these buddies were event specific? Does it mean that other characters, the Pyuo and PSO2 buddies, are still available?

Nope. Crossover buddies don't get to stay.

Nope, they removed the useful PSO2 companions like Rappy and kept useless specific ones like easter bunny,makes total sense keeping the ones that are associated to a holiday /:p

At least they kept death egg

Hey, the game asked me to write a review. I pressed yes, waited until I took me to the App Store, and naturally went back to Sonic Runners without writing a review. I am now 50 red rings richer. :) Btw they finally fixed Charmy's description during the "downloading data" screen.

Got Omega from a spin today. Apparently I'm great at randomly scoring the power characters. XD

Huh, something weird happened. I had heard that pressing "skip" makes the game not give you some of the rewards of an episode so I decided watch my red ring count during a cutscene. The cutscene was at the end of 50-2, and my red ring count was 618. I pressed "skip" and my red ring count went up to 628, despite the game telling me I had only earned 5 red rings. I really don't know what happened. 

Edited by Jrodt333

Huh, something weird happened. I had heard that pressing "skip" makes the game not give you some of the rewards of an episode so I decided watch my red ring count during a cutscene. The cutscene was at the end of 50-2, and my red ring count was 618. I pressed "skip" and my red ring count went up to 628, despite the game telling me I had only earned 5 red rings. I really don't know what happened. 

if you skip a notification while you're getting it like an end of episode red rings / rings thing then it'll give you twice the amount initially and once you're out of text boxes will take away half

Here:

Also if you want to check how she plays, here's a video:

I managed to get Omega on my first attempt, but I cannot unlock Rouge at all. I'll keep trying I suppose.

So... Omega and Rouge are now available. Do you think they'll release Shadow soon or will they save him for later? I'm wary of spending my red rings.

if you skip a notification while you're getting it like an end of episode red rings / rings thing then it'll give you twice the amount initially and once you're out of text boxes will take away half

Darn, you're right. Oh well.

So... Omega and Rouge are now available. Do you think they'll release Shadow soon or will they save him for later? I'm wary of spending my red rings.

IMO the best strategy right now is to wait until Omega goes away because he's not that great. If they continue with their current pattern, he'll be replaced by a new character, and if he isn't you have a higher chance of getting Rouge, who is pretty much the best in the game for now. If Omega is replaced, the next character will probably be Shadow or Nights if his/her/its (just give it a gender already Sega) collab event has started. Both Shadow and Nights will probably be better than Omega so it's probably best to wait.

Some ways for SEGA  to make new characters easier to get:

1.SEGA, put at least a 20% chance to get a character.

2.Do not put 2 characters at the same time.

OR

2.If someone already got one of the characters , do not put a chance of getting it again.

3.If someone got the character egg, dont show it in the roulette to make a higher chance to get the event companion.

Aside from the daily challenges, I don't really play the game that much at the moment. It's just too much of a mess right now, both on a technical and fundamental level. The main issue I have with it is how poorly the game can run, at times even stuttering on my home internet connection when at other times it's completely fine. Aside from knuckling down on cheaters, I don't know why the game requires an Internet connection. It should have been an offline game with online features, like Sonic Dash or Jump. 

• Thumbs Up 1

What character and companions did you use?

Level 46 Rouge and Level 67 Charmy.

I had Shahra and Merlina as my companions.

Merlina isn't necessary for getting big scores. She's useful, but depending on what companions you have you can make do with anything that's not terrible. I've been getting by using Genesis + Shahra; some people have been using Carbuncle + Shahra; others use Wizard Chao + Shahra. The only really essential one for most combos is Shahra; otherwise you can just mix and match. Genesis, Carbuncle, Wizard Chao, Chip, Pumpkin Chao, Egg Chao and more can work if you need a combo.

iSAzqBz.jpg

yes,finally

not one ,but got two space ship

now i am sure i will get more red rings in boss fight

later in the boss fight

15 hit , 1 red rings

WTF ?

before i start new game , level zero can get me a lot of red rings

now its barely get me anything

also , i got promoted twice , i am now F***

but still no Shahra

Edited by aos10

before i start new game , level zero can get me a lot of red rings

now its barely get me anything

Well, the chance that you'll get it is entirely RNG, so...

Well, the chance that you'll get it is entirely RNG, so...

so , it depend on the account ? so the RNG will be created once i create new user ?

or RNG in every boss fight ?

I sorta stopped playing this game, aside maybe one run per day. Lag and usual bull with character wheels is turning me off. More so the lag though. Anyway, I somehow got into the S division. That's not gonna last at all seeing as there are people with 30 and 40 million points. I can only get 2 million at most with how laggy it is. :/ 

Turning streamlined mode off does help with performance, yes, but it still gets really laggy once I reach speed 3 or top speed. Don't get me wrong, I find the game super fun, but at the moment it's not as enjoyable as it can get for me. I hope this game will soon work properly on emulators with a future update on the game or Blustacks or whatever. 

I haven't played in in a few days. The roulette bullshit kind of just makes it feel dishearting to play tbh.

so , it depend on the account ? so the RNG will be created once i create new user ?

or RNG in every boss fight ?

The chance is calculated on every hit.

also , i got promoted twice , i am now F***

but still no Shahra

It's only when you go up into a different letter, so you'll only get Shahra when you get into the E rank, and then again only when you go up into D rank.