Awoo.

Rock Band 4: Prepare to ROCK your Band! Again! (XB1/PS4)

Kaze no Klonoa

Rock Band 4 just got announced recently! http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/rock-band-4-announced/

rock_band_4_wide.jpg

After years are waiting, we'll get to rock to success all over again! The game is currently coming to XBONE and PS4 this year, and those who previously spent DLC on the past games can redownload those songs for Rock Band 4 (For example, if you had DLC music on PS3, you can transfer it to PS4). Mad Catz has confirmed to sign on as they will be creating the plastic guitars and such! It's already been confirmed that no new features will come to the instruments.

Are you going to Rock with your Band? Discuss it all here!

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

It kinda feels surreal that both Guitar Hero Live and Rock Band 4 are coming sometime this year. Strange, huh?

Well, Project lead of Rock Band 4 has a comment on this.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/harmonix-rock-band-4-will-set-the-bar-for-music-ga/1100-6426632/

"When the conversation turns to how much better Rock Band is than Guitar Hero, I get really introspective and feel...weird. I loved working on the early Guitar Hero games," Sussman explained. "I love what we're doing with Rock Band 4 and think we're creating the best game we've ever made, a product that will set the bar for what a music game can and should be," he said. "However, that's not the (whole) point. I love that Activision is planning to release a new Guitar Hero game. It's a validation of our decision to bring Rock Band back now--it's a sign that people are ready for music games (and rock music) to reclaim their spot in our cultural fabric." "I'd like nothing more than for music gaming to dominate the charts once again," Sussman added. "And I hope that the development team that Activision has working on the new Guitar Hero game is having as much fun as we are. Long live Rock and Roll!"

Personally I think it's more that there was a flood of instrument games back then and the market sort of crashed. Now that we're on a newer generation with zero backwards compatability, they're able to use instrument games as a cash cow. We'll probably get 2-3 Guitar Hero/Rock Band games before the market eats itself.

I shamelessly submitted more songs from

<<<<

here, so I hope I get to play them in 4 (however niche they are, mostly the songs from Papercut Chronicles).

Also gotta get me some money for them plastic instruments.

Personally I think it's more that there was a flood of instrument games back then and the market sort of crashed. Now that we're on a newer generation with zero backwards compatability, they're able to use instrument games as a cash cow. We'll probably get 2-3 Guitar Hero/Rock Band games before the market eats itself.

Let's hope not. Hopefully they've learned their lesson and will simply add additional content through DLC later instead of release 2-3 games and kill the market again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Game's Campaign is going to be more RPG-based.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/26/rock-band-4s-campaign-is-a-straight-up-rpg-ign-first

Rock Band 4’s campaign is all about touring the world, amassing fans, and selling out -- if you’re into that sort of thing. This is the first time we’re seeing meaningful narrative choices in a Rock Band game, and the direction you take your band dictates the shows you’ll play, the places you’ll visit, the gear you unlock, and the money you earn.

“When we started looking at all the new features we have in the game, mechanically, it just made sense for us to build this epic, branching story where instead of taking one rise to fame path through the world,” said Designer Alli Thresher. “You know, you go from your hometown to being the biggest band in the world, you choose…what kind of band you are.”

Rock Band 4 is a straight-up role-playing game that has more in common with the superb 80 Days than any previous Rock Band campaign -- and it’s the first one I’ll play for any meaningful amount of time.   -Rest on IGN Page

Sounds fantastic. Always thought rock band 3 kinda had a half assed singleplayer mode, particularly with the whole fans thing.

I think most of my play is probably just gonna be in quickplay still, but if I can get my old RB group back together I think we'd have mega fun with this.

Also, anyone else feel like the time is perfect for this now? It feels like it's been juuuuuuuuuuust enough time since 3 that the burnout from buying a new one every year has worn off. I really wanna grab some of the new instruments too~