Awoo.

Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright / Conquest

Jin.

Also known as

Fire Emblem if: Byakuya Oukoku / Anya Oukoku

Remade topic since the wipe.

Fire Emblem if (as named in Japan) is the new Fire Emblem game with TBA release date from Nintendo.

It's based of the same engine used in Awakening.

Speculation shows that an avatar will be returning, possibly as lord, with default name "Kamui".

Thoughts?

EDIT: Characters: http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-if/characters/

EDIT2: Localisation confirmed on 16/06/2015, "Fire Emblem Fates"

Looks good, can't wait to play it. Love the girl with blue hair.

Damn I can't believe we lost all those pages. T.T

• Thumbs Up 1

Ironically I got set back to a Fire Emblem Awakening avatar. lol.

Anyways, this looks pretty great. Even if the game is more of the same, I loved Awakening so much that more of it with some gameplay improvements and a new cast sounds worth the price to me. Gonna try and get this as soon as it comes out.

Cautiously Optimistic. 

It's no secret that I'm not a fan of how easy Awakening was on the first two difficulties, but maybe since the series was on it's death bed they dumbed it down to get more people to play it. Hopefully this will be better while still maintaining Awakening's charms.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've got a bit of a love/hate relationship with Awakening. I enjoyed it a lot but it I think it's really flawed- but I also know a lot of people like the things I consider flaws, and I don't wanna be a killjoy about it. I know people get tired of reading that. 

I'm worried that 'If' might retread some of Awakening's mistakes, and I'm already bracing myself for that, but some of the new stuff (East vs West themes, Mouth of Truth monster, new magic) seems really interesting to me. 

Love the girl with blue hair.

Sorry Gabz, but Marth just ain't in this one.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...

Can we just forget this game exists? Please? We have If, that's the next FE game and it looks miles better

My hype is so real

Can we just forget this game exists? Please? We have If, that's the next FE game and it looks miles better

..?

uuhhhh *looks at title* 

Nah, Solkia's not blind, i accidentally linked SMTxFE first

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=158468353&postcount=6

CBimVBoUEAEw4vR.jpg

MyUnit player avatar returns with new Male and Female designs.

Comes in 2 versions, White Kingdom and Black Kingdom.

Has different chara and story in each version.

Game is sold in two separate versions. After buying one, the other path is available as discounted DLC, as is a third storyline. Limited edition will contain all storylines.

• Thumbs Up 1

Fire Emblem If looks like it's going to have a ton more cutscenes (which look great!) and I love the design of our main character Avatar, but the animu strong with this one. ONEE-CHAN! ugh. So glad I won't be playing it in Japanese..

But man two different versions? What is this Pokemon?

Fire Emblem If looks like it's going to have a ton more cutscenes (which look great!) and I love the design of our main character Avatar, but the animu strong with this one. ONEE-CHAN! ugh. So glad I won't be playing it in Japanese..

Onii-chan is just Japanese for brother. It's not like the english version is going to have people putting honorifics on english words

Onii-chan is just Japanese for brother. It's not like the english version is going to have people putting honorifics on english words

God I hope not.

So FE is offiically Pokemon I see.

Well, FE has always been "us" vs "them", it's interesting that we'll be able to take the role of "them" this time.

So wait, the (US) Direct didn't mention two versions. Is this only the case in Japan?

In any case, I'm still interested... but if it turns out each side is a separate game, then I'm going to be annoyed.

Onii-chan

Onee-chan means big sis

So wait, the (US) Direct didn't mention two versions. Is this only the case in Japan?

Well there's supposed to be a "Limited Edition" that packages the full game.

Could be another Bayonetta 2. Physical release includes both games, digital you can buy separately.

The trailer made hint of it through the way the logo intersects at the end.

I just need them to pump this into my blood right now

I'll hand them my money on a golden platter

I need my fix

Please understand