Awoo.

The 52 Game Challenge 2015

Tracker_TD

Updated and added two games to my list. 

Be warned, the first game may be slightly NSFW, nothing perverted, I assure you, but I noticed the pun in the title only after beating said game and looking at the titles of its follow-ups.  Remember, English is not my native language.

Mighty Jill Off  (Anna Anthropy, PC)

A game I found on my hard-drive and never touched until a week ago. You play as this parody of Mighty Bomb Jack, the main character of an arcade game from 1986, trying to reach the top of a tower by jumping from platform to platform. You can't really die, but it can get kind of tricky towards the end.

I'll just write down "Mighty Jill" on that list, ok?

dYFnd4V.png

Starfox 64 / Lylat Wars (Nintendo, N64) - Good Ending.

What does the Fox says? PEW PEW PEW! This is usually called the best game in the series, and I can see why.  It kept me entertained for 2 whole hours, the time it took me to finish it (I already knew what to do to reach the good ending), and, submarine level aside, I would play it again. Maybe I should get the 3DS remake.

WGXnViF.png

Ym5dgPL.jpg

Defeated Splatoon! (Nintendo, Wii U)

The single player was decent, but I do wish it was a tad longer? Idunno, the "ending" made the mode seem shallower, but it's more of a giant tutorial then anything.

(Man, I need to learn sentence structure because I have way more to say but it's a pain in the butt to make my opinion flow correctly, lol)

Here's the latest!

10153100_10203317236485741_6192047329540

Lego Jurassic World (PS3) - 100%

By far the best Jurassic Park game I've played, this is your standard Lego affair. Break stuff, finish the story, break stuff, collect characters and break stuff. The dinosaurs are great fun too and NOTHING BEATS SOME JEFF GOLDBLUM LEGO LAUGHING!!

All fans of the films must play this, though be warned of the PS3 version glitching occassionaly.

Here's the latest!

10153100_10203317236485741_6192047329540

Lego Jurassic World (PS3) - 100%

By far the best Jurassic Park game I've played, this is your standard Lego affair. Break stuff, finish the story, break stuff, collect characters and break stuff. The dinosaurs are great fun too and NOTHING BEATS SOME JEFF GOLDBLUM LEGO LAUGHING!!

All fans of the films must play this, though be warned of the PS3 version glitching occassionaly.

I just want Lego Back to the Future now :P

post-6099-0-50231700-1434917834_thumb.jp

Mega Man X4 - PSOne - Capcom - 100%

Gah this game, it's easy at first once you get the hang of it, but as soon as you go through the final stages, it's hell, god damn this game got hard. Doesn't help you got only two Sub Tanks this time, at least the check points are EVERYWHERE now, so it keeps things balanced. The story here is pretty good when you're not laughing at the awful voice acting, that is.

Also fuck the final boss, I SPENT A FUCKING HOUR ON IT BECAUSE I WASTED ALL MY TANKS IN PANIC.

ONE FUCKING HOUR.

I KNOW THE BOSS' PATTERNS BETTER THAN I KNOW MY OWN FAMILY.

post-6099-0-79407100-1434917847_thumb.jp

Sonic Adventure - PS3 - Sonic Team

This game is pretty good, but there's one problem that kinda fucks the whole thing up: So you start up the game right? You begin as Sonic, obviously, then you unlock all other characters, so next you'll go either Knuckles or Tails, and once those two are done, you'll go with Amy, which is kinda annoying sometimes but you can still have fun, then you go for Gamma, ok a little bit too different but it's only in the end where it gets a bit annoying. Then we get to Big. Ugh. Then we get to the final boss. UGH.

Yeah the game is good, but honestly the way you will play it most of the time will end up with you finishing the game with a bad taste in your mouth, since you go from the best to the worst.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry for the late update! Been busy with a few things. With that said, updated!

Raticle King, I can't seem to verify with the Megaman X4 screenshot whatever or not you 100%ed. I haven't played X4 before so I would appreciate it if you can tell me the details of how to 100% the game, and then provide any additional proof. X4 has been added with no 100% mark.

Finished 2 games lately, I need to find some time to finish out the rest of my backlog for the duration of the year.

Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise

header.jpg?t=1420466469

Developed by Qooc Software

Released on PC, 360

-No 100%

Proof: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=463237490

Achievements: http://steamcommunity.com/id/MeltingComet/stats/KungFuStrikeTheWarriorsRise/?tab=achievements(Check  New Journey)

God, this game is pretty decent. It's worth it if you can snag it for a cheap price (Or for free, since GreenManGaming used to offer a free copy for new members). There aren't much combos to work from in this beat-em-up, so you'd expect it to be pretty repetitive and boring. It seems like the developers geared the game's difficulty to prevent that, because it gets really, really f***ing hard later in the game. The final level actually got me so pissed that I had to leave my computer and do something else for awhile to calm down :P Mashing buttons is essentially a death sentence in the last 8 stages.

If you're planning on picking this game up, definitely play with a controller. It's a decent experience, has flashy combat, and a good artstyle (Although graphics does looke a bit muddy). The story is pretty trash though.

And I finally got through the third episode of Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse.

(No image)

Developed/Published by Telltale Games

Released on PC and PS3

-No way to show proof for 100% in PC version

Proof: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=465443118

I really like this episode. It begins with a noir like theme with it's puzzles following that tone. Forcing more information and threatening others does get old though, so Telltale does break out of that pretty early. From there, you'll put some weird brain in Max's body, and it turns out to be some pharaoh or something. I won't tell you the rest, but from here on out the story gets interesting. The puzzles were quite trial and error though, especially the gambling one later in the episode. It's probably the best episode by far.

Sorry for the late update! Been busy with a few things. With that said, updated!

Raticle King, I can't seem to verify with the Megaman X4 screenshot whatever or not you 100%ed. I haven't played X4 before so I would appreciate it if you can tell me the details of how to 100% the game, and then provide any additional proof. X4 has been added with no 100% mark.

Right, I'm sorry.

post-6099-0-44138100-1434965848_thumb.jp

100% on an X game means collecting every single upgrade available, and in X4 you can only play with one character per save file, meaning if you select Zero, you won't be getting any exclusive upgrades X would get, like Armor Capsules, which means you can 100% only one side of the game which I did for Zero's side, getting all 8 Heart Tanks, 2 Sub Tanks,  1 Weapon Tank, 8 boss weapons, and that last tank there that I have no idea of what it does but I collected for the sake of completion.

As you can see in the picture all items available in the game are collected in this save file.

Game 25 is here

10359403_10203328411445108_2138069168251

Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty HD (PS3)

What a sequel huh? Sure we're playing as Raiden who is not as cool as Snake but heck, he has his moments. This really ups the ante after the last one and that's saying a lot. Another classic HIDEO KOJIMA GAME.

Super Exploding Zoo! - VIta/PS4 - 100%

Here is my review of this game.

tumblr_m9ewimmIg01rb1f7lo1_500.gif

Here is a second opinion of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJelEXaPhJ8

Here is the 'what do you mean version'

I should absolutely hate this... The multiplayer is tacked on, cheap and terrible. 

The Vita will crash on startup exactly 3 times, yes you have to start the game 3 times before it eventually lets you in.

The load times without a patch are 5 min in length.

But... it's actually A LOT of fun when it works, the premise is so bizzare, Aliens are trying to eat all the Eggs at the Zoo, so the animals are defending their eggs by self destructing and taking out the aliens in the blast. It's a puzzle game which offers some tactical decision making, you can send lone animals to attack aliens or send your entire herd on mass to take out the alien menance. 

I should utterly hate this for the technical issues, but I don't, I actually like it a lot.

Freedom Planet (PC, GalaxyTrail) - Featuring Xenos, who literally watched me play the whole Lilac story.

3VaTBmk.png

• Thumbs Up 2

Entry 10: Megaman X3

sr9IDgL.png

Man, this was definitely much harder than X2. And annoying. Very very annoying. I had some fun with this game, but there are some points that just get on my nerves. For example:

-The stages are longer. ...Okay, let´s admit it, X2 had very short stages. And in X3, longer stages mean more chekpoints! but even with that, if you die, they still drop you waaay too behind.

-The hunters. In X2, they were optional and hidden. In X3? some of them are obligatory, and they appear randomly between stages. You encountered one? Too bad, you have to fight him. You lose? You go back to the last checkpoint. 

-I found the Maverick´s design much blander and confusing than in X1-X2. I am saying this because there are like, three? Mavericks related to the sea (Toxic Seahorse, Volt Catfish, Crush Crawlfish) and the stages don´t match their Mavericks very well to be honest. 

-I already stated that the game was hard, and personally I found that fighting your first Maverick was much harder in X3 than X1-X2. The bosses are much trickier imo. Sure, you can try to get armor, heart tanks and subtanks, but at the very beginning all you can get will be the leg armor and a few heart tanks and subtanks. And trust me, that doesn´t make things much easier.

-Kaiser Sigma is a fucking pain in the ass. You thought Sigma in X1 was hard? this one is terrible. The bombs, the laser, the tiny ass hitbox...

But I really want to insist that despite these complaints I still had fun. It was challenging. Now onto X4!

Edited by Ristar
  • Thumbs Up 1

Edit: Someone has neglected to add Splatoon to my part of the leaderboard. I cleared the single player campaign nearly a month ago, and posted it in this topic, so yeah.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkIvx6--g

Finally got my ass in gear and finished another game (MMOs forever sap my time).

Lego Jurassic World(Traveler's Tales-PC) Cleared

q1xbE5L.jpg

Yes, the game's campaign strangely ends on Park 3. So, as you can guess from that then, the game is actually one of all 4 movies despite having the licensing of the latest film, which is of course unlocked from the start (along with the ORIGINAL Jurassic Park) with Site B opening up at the halfway mark for gymnastic kicking Raptors and cellphone eating Spinosauruses. Like most LEGO games, there's an insane amount of things to find, just clearing the story with all True Survivor (full peg bar bonus) will only put you around 38% complete, with plenty of things to actually find around the two islands and the stages within those islands. I haven't explored everything yet, because it's that big, so I think it's safe to say Traveler's Tales was not lying when they said this was their biggest project. If there's any bigger, it would only be LEGO City. Considering this is a kids game, no one actually dies, which is a weird thing when you see the T-Rex doing its thing and causing carnage. Speaking of T-Rex, you get to play as it and many of the other dinosaurs in some stages as well as Free Play mode (Jurassic World section has the most dino play, with quite a few Raptor segments). As always, Tt puts humor into otherwise serious scenes such as Indominus' making the raptors turn on Owen (it cries like a baby to get them to help it).

Also, there was this post credits scene. Probably a teaser for their next project, but I have no idea what this thing is supposed to be. It's up to you, SSMB.

B4nNxAl.jpg

I have now finished Sonic Adventure DX (GameCube) with all 130 emblems (so it's a 100%, yay)

90oe2u.jpg

Apologies for the late update.

I finished both Episode 4 and the Series Finale of Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=467778252

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=469913830

Wow. These last episodes seriously blew my mind. I really can't put it in words but this was Sam and Max at it's strongest. It had quirky humor, interesting puzzles, odd surprises and it's soundtrack was just amazing. The final track you hear at the end of Episode 5 was just sparkling with energy. I'm not going to spoil the ending, but if there's any adventure games I would want to kill my time with, it'd be Sam and Max.

When they hit the road.

4 games incoming!

11709381_10203365392209604_5031039458211

Sonic the Fighters (PS2)

What can I say? A short arcade fighter that I find really fun. Sure, Metal Sonic can be cheap but I do not care.

11665647_10203365392249605_2064384140169

Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes (PS3)

Just gave the main story a playthrough. Pretty fun for what it is, a demo. Really looking forward to part 2!

11254228_10203365392289606_8823376344297

Sonic R (PS2) - 100%

For all this game is shat on, I like it. It's ponderous to turn but I've mastered it. There's the soundtrack of course which is sublime. Not a bad one really.

11221714_10203365712257605_2477364039530

House of the Dead 4 (PS3)

My favourite HotD, this one took years to get. Sure, it's essentially the same as the others and doesn't have much humour (something Overkill tried too hard for) but Istill love the visuals and music. Pick it up if you like the classic arcade shooter!

• Thumbs Up 1

I´m sorry for double posting. 

----

Entry 12: Megaman X4 (PC)

BN7B9UA.jpg

rimEVIT.jpg

9XKQUoC.jpg

Beat both stories on Easy Mode *gets laughed at*

EDIT: X4 was the first X game on the PSX, and it made huge improvements in the franchise, all made right. Zero is finally playable, and both X and him have different stories, all great. They went for a darker tone this time (specially´s Zero). I actually found the enemies pretty interesting this time (I am very fond of Iris) aaand in general I have to say I enjoyed this one a lot. But if I had to complain, I´d say that Easy Mode was too easy. Should´ve play on Normal. I´d say the difficulty was very easy in general terms. Maybe that´s why, even if I like it a lot...I feel there is something lacking in this game that does not make it perfect. I will go for Normal next time.

Now onto X5!

I've got another game done

Mario and Luigi: partners in time.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkNX7A05A

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkOilBQUA

Great game. Im not sure if its just me but I kinda breezed through this game. Compared to super star saga and dream team, this game is the easiest so far out of the Mario rpgs. People were telling me to expect bosses to be really hard and yet I've never died more than once in a single boss fight.

I've even beat the final boss in one go. ??????

The other 2 I needed like over 20 tried lol. Maybe the Mario rpgs are getting too easy for me lol. I hope Bowser inside story brings up a challenge.

Overall the gameplay was nice, the music was nice, the story was nice but the difficulty in puzzles and enemies could of been tougher.

• Thumbs Up 1

Updated and added a game of my own.

By defeating the evil Garibaldi (?!) Arthur, alongside his faithful companions Lancelot and Percival, can now rule Britain. And since Garibaldi is one of the men that helped unite Italy during the 19th century...well, yeah, not too good for us, I guess.

mgBEjSn.png

Knights Of The Round (Arcade, Capcom)

Number 30 rolls in

11694810_10203392529488019_1560569371631

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD (PS3) 

A HIDEO KOJIMA GAME! What a game it is! This one is not as complicated as the others and throws some genuine emotion at you. The bosses are tough and interesting, the 60's vibe is great and no one, I mean NO ONE, can resist that opening SNAKE EATEEEEERRRR!!

Entry 13: Megaman X5 (PC)

ZZ6ZpAg.jpg

Back when I finished X4, I said that, even if I enjoyed it a lot, there was something lacking. X5 has it. And that would be...the difficulty.

I played again on Easy Mode again, but had a lot of trouble, specially in the latter stages...and even in the Maverick ones. I don´t even know how many lives I lost at the beginning of Squid Adler´s (most were while trying to get the Falcon Armor).Duff Mcwhalen´s stage is tough too, if you do it with normal X. With armor it´s easy to go through. But the Sigma stages were a nightmare.

And Sigma. Oh boy Sigma. He was definitely easier than X1 and X3, but I seriously can´t tell how many tries it took me to defeat him.

In terms of story, while X4´s was better in general terms...I just liked this one better. X and Zero just made this game for me. So many feels!! ;__; While I think it was kinda rushed, it still hit me in the feels a lot ;___; And that opening. Oh boy that opening *cries*

I also liked how many continuity nods there were to the other X games, and even the classic ones! They definitely wanted X5 to be the last one.

So yeah, I liked this one a lot. Much better than X4. Probably... better than the snes games.

Buuuuuut like we say, no game is perfect. In fact, X5 has a lot, and I mean, a lot of flaws:

-The time limit. I really really hate time-based things in my videogames. Freedom is something I want when I play a videogame, and knowing that time-limits were a big element in this game, I couldn´t enjoy it properly at first. Luckily, I managed to destroy Eurasia after beating four Mavericks so...haha

-ALIA. Not sure if the possibility of skipping her was possible, but stopping you every five seconds to tell you obvious things is kind of annoying.

-Some level design, specially my bigger issues were with Mcwhalen and Adler´s stages. Mcwhalen has three forms (nothing compared to the red donut of doom in X6), and it´s annoying. Doesn´t help that the stage is hard as hell without armors. And Adler´s stage for beginners is a nightmare. And the rest of the stage? Those switches? Terrible.

...But yeah. I think I can forgive those...except Alia. Alia is annoying.

-----------------

Aaaand that´s the X saga for me. I want to end with X5 because that´s the way it was supposed to be (before Capcom made X6 without Inafume´s consent), so I won´t play X6 and X7. Plus, I´ve heard they are a mess. So that´s it! I really enjoyed playing them one by one, and not having more games to play is kinda sad ;__; I will probably replay them next year, if we do the 52 game challenge again, that is!

Man, I don´t know what to play next. I just feel very empty ;_;

I think I talk too much lol

Edited by Ristar

If you're still on a Megaman mood you could try the classic series or the Zero series, both are pretty amazing, the Zero series following the plot of the X series and focusing on Zero's Sword gameplay.

Updated. Finally got some things out of the way, so let's go!

Galaga Legions DX

605018-galaga_legions_logo.jpg

-I'm still working on 100%, although for the most part it's just time trials I have to clear.

-Proof: Check "True Completionist" http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/927-Galaga-Legions-DX/MeltingComet

Galaga Legions is a visually appealing game that's less like Galaga and more like a bullet-hell shooter that's incredibly easy to play. Seriously, even on Hard, this game is quite a breeze to play through. It's not as replayable as say, Pac-Man Championship Edition DX, but it's a great title to play. You are better off picking this up at a sale though.

next up,

Tales from the Borderlands: Episode 1

tales-from-the-borderlands-logo-screen.j

-Finished Episode 1.

-Proof: http://www.trueachievements.com/Tales-from-the-Borderlands-Xbox-360/achievements.htm?showall=1&gamerid=533200(Check Devil on your Shoulder)

TellTale probably lost their edge after Sam & Max, but Tales from the Borderlands is one of their better titles. It's not perfect, it's first episode has a lot of bugs and for the most part feels like there's zero control over a majority of the scenes, but it's a decent debut that introduces likable characters and expands on a great universe. For Tales from the Borderlands, I'm going to get one episode a month, so I won't be burnt out by the constant delays this particular series is having.