Awoo.

The 52 Game Challenge 2015

Tracker_TD

Entry 19: Megaman Zero 3 (Megaman Zero Collection, DS) ((I beat Zero 1 and Zero 2 in Zero Collection too, sorry for not mentioning this earlier ^^u)

HkvNFj5.jpg

...Wow.

I mean-

wow.

I´m sorry, I´m still recovering from...yeah, everything. dat final boss. dat reveal. dat scene afterwards. my feels ;___;

So yeah, Zero 3 has been a hell of a ride from beginning to end. Of course, I´ll enjoy Zero 4, but I don´t think it´ll top this one.

Edited by Ristar

U-Draw Studio Instant Artist --- PS3 --- 100% (Might not yet have fully updated but it will do soon).

So fun story, back in 2013 I picked this up really cheap from a TRU sale, like only £5. I played it for 10min, unlocked 3 trophies (one was the online trophy), and then stopped... I then went back to the game the next day and... the tablet wouldn't sync with the PS3, no matter what I did I couldn't correct it. 

Today I managed to get a second tablet... and I finally beat this game.

Game... should I call it that? There are a ton of mini games in, one or two are actually quite fun, and I have to admit I like the artwork you create in some of the colouring tilt maze. But dear god some of the minigames are pure trash. 

The game does actually have some charm to it, I have to admit I did like it when I was creating something. Some of the minigames incorporate the creative process kinda well. 

But really, don't bother with this, it's original RRP was around £45, odds are you can get a tablet and some decent free alternative to photoshop so do that instead.

Even though it's only around £5 brand new now, the online is closed so you can't get platinum anymore. 

Mega Man X2 All upgrades And Zero Recovered Clear (Capcom, SNES)

5frdwM9.png

kwB828I.png

Mega Man. MEGA MAN! Well, Mega Man X. I've got a thing going where I want to beat all the X games, and I always want to replay the NES Mega Man games and clear the later mainline titles I haven't played at some point. 2 is decidedly easier than 1, but I did find my Launch Octopus. Serges 2 in the X-Hunter Fortress, he's a total piece of shit. Anyway, I went ahead and grabbed everything, like before in X, but also recovered all of Zero's parts so I got the ideal ending where Zero wasn't reprogrammed by Sigma.

HKcn8vZ.png

Also if you're wondering what kind of weirdass emulator I'm using, it's an emulator that's focused on accurate hardware emulation called Higan. It's not easy on the system resources.

• Thumbs Up 1

Anf, puff...

This should do. Added everyone's achievement to the list. I have three games to add to mine...but I'll do it some other time. For now, I got y'all covered.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, here's more for you then.

Persona 4: Dancing All Night (PS Vita, ATLUS) Completed

6sNoxCe.jpg

DRWJYCm.jpg

First two in spoilers because it's the culprit behind the mystery, can't really not have that since you need to take them down to clear the game.

e3YVGH9.jpg

Persona worked...surprisingly well as a rhythm game. If you're looking for a story, you're going to find one here that works within the overall Persona 4 story (not sure quite where it falls though, other than after the main game). Normal mode is what you want to play if you want the music to match most of the beats you expect, while Easy surprisingly uses some backbeats that kind of seem off (since it's Easy it's not easy to fail, though). Hard is unforgiving, you can not clear a stage if you drop one combo, so I suggest you only pursue that if you're a master at the games this one is based off of, those Project Diva ones. Yeah, it's Persona 4, with it's decidedly what the fuck moments. Like this.

R34K5j2.jpg

Xeodrifter -- Vita --- 100%

An incredibly short game which ranges from being incredibly frustrating to incredibly enjoyable. 

The setting reminds me a lot of Metroid, but it's nothing like it, not really. Its a fun little adventure in which you navigate a small solar system in search of a warp core for your spaceship. 

You start off very weak and will often be swearing due to the lack of checkpoints and the save system which means dying and loosing progress is likely. But overall the game is very enjoyable. Not much to say since it's so short. But it's quite enjoyable. 

100% Complete Game No.41/Game No.58: Call of Duty Black Ops - 100% Complete.

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/436-Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops/ryannumber3gamer 

In general, I'm a big fan of the original Black Ops, especially the Zombies mode and in my opinion, the campaign is the best in the series. But, to get the platinum, you need to finish it on Veteran, so here's a post I made a few nights ago while going through Veteran,

tumblr_nq5j3yMwMx1s1puu4o1_1280.jpg

Fuck. This. Game.

This game has fucking pissed me off with it's bullshit. To get the platinum, you have to complete the game on Veteran mode, which is more or less Black Ops' hardest difficulty. So what? A FPS hard difficulty, wowww, smarter AI so they won't run into walls.

This game's veteran mode represents one of the things I absolutely fucking despise in gaming. Cheap gameplay. That's what the entire campaign is on Veteran. Cheap. It's absolutely fucking infuriating how much it fucking throws at you in order to create artificial difficulty, What does Trayarch do instead of actually creating a challenging mode that requires skill to pass? First, every AI is sporting an aimbot, which means the second you pop out of cover, you're getting hit. You have a split second to kill an enemy, or else you're being hit. 

Speaking of getting hit, every enemy's attack does far too much damage, meaning you get killed in 2 or 3 hits. If you're unfortunate, too bad, because despite how slow you take it, despite how smart you play it, one enemy can pop out, and kill you in less than a second. Sounds fair amirite?

Then there's portions of levels where there's infinite enemies, and you are constantly forced to push forward in order to progress, which means on top of enemies who are far too overpowered and have guaranteed shots, you can't even remain in cover and kill them to progress.

Oh, and even more, Trayarch also decided not to fix or adjust anything on Veteran, which means on automated sections such as the truck/bike in the second mission, you are constantly shot at by invisible enemies which require luck to pass. But that's fair right?

Oh, and going back to cover as well, it's not good enough that you are in cover. Oh no. You have to be prone or else the enemies can still shoot you, because again, that's fucking fair right? Making it even harder to get any shots? Oh, and speaking of which, it's complete fucking bullshit that enemies that are rooftops away from the playable character can somehow still be perfect shots and land full hits despite being in cover and being far away.

This fucking game is so unbelievably cheap and lazy with it's "hard" mode, and is a perfect example of what exactly's fucking wrong with artificial difficulty bullshit.  

Here comes a classic.

12106901_10203853182644060_2148292794865

Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone (PS1) 100%

Ha ha ha, what a piece of nostalgia. The game itself is solid and it captures the feel of the book/movies. Thing is, those faces are really really bad looking. Also voice acting can be patchy. Still a fun game, love it.

Edited by The Tenth Doctor
  • Thumbs Up 1

All entries updated! Less then two months to go, get some final entries in!

100% Complete Game No.41/Game No.58: Call of Duty Black Ops - 100% Complete.

I've added it as 100%, but a lot of these trophies are dating back to 2011. I'll have to check again if that's acceptable.

SBMD1Rd.png

Beaten Undertale! (Toby Fox, PC)

A really great RPG! It got great sense of humor and the option to either "Spare" or "Fight" enemies is a interesting gameplay element. I do want to talk more about this but it's honestly better to play it without any knowledge about the game.

(btw, I'm going to upload more pictures of games I have beaten since I was pretty lazy to get around doing it, lol. Unfortunately, I took some of my pictures using my ipad which isn't working at the moment so is it possible to add entries without a picture?) 

Aaaand the sequel! 

12108955_10203855440340501_2959555575694

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (PS1) 100%

Ho boy, the cards were harder to get here (damn you gnome throwing and flying cars!). Anyway this one takes Philosopher's Stone and cranked it up. It carries on the difficulty and all the gameplay and builds on it. Play as the Flying Car! Throw Gnomes! Have a....strange laser fight with a Basilisk. The voice acting is mostly the same though Harry has gotten worse. I blame puberty.

Forgot about  this thread lol I'm so behind now. I'll most likely not be finishing 52 games this year lol but I'll get as much as I can. 

I finished this game long ago

But trip runner 2

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/MlWA77v2_7M7_Hu4By

https://d3esbfg30x759i.cloudfront.net/ss/MlWA77wr74os6opU04

Was a pretty fun game. Did the whole thing in the highest difficulty. 100% requires me to play all the levels in other difficulty too.....no thanks lol I'll keep this.

Later levels sure got challenging but nothing too crazy. 

II got a few games I'm still working on though.

Earthbound, Kirby super star, Kirby return to dream land, Luigi's mansion, Mario and Luigi dream team (hard mode), sonic colors and super Mario maker (going for the 100%)

Ive finished DKC tropical freeze finish I just need to get a pic from it but I've been lazy.

It seriously took me far longer than I thought to finish this tonight, so I'm making this quick because it was an all nighter.

Mega Man X3 (SNES, Capcom. Also on PSX) All clear

TgHyqHg.png

You can only get the gold armor if you've collected everything

QrMQb2b.png

You can only get Zero's Beam Saber if you destroyed Bit, Byte, and Vile so they don't reappear in Doppler stages.

WTsRXOu.png

EwHLYsL.png

I think this is the weakest of the 3 on the SNES. Don't get me wrong, it's still a good game, but the design just isn't as well done as X and X2. Especially Kaiser Sigma, whoever designed his hitbox should feel bad.

• Thumbs Up 2

100% Complete Game No.42-47/Game No.59-64: The Walking Dead: Season 1 - 100% Complete.

http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3000-The-Walking-Dead/ryannumber3gamer

Honestly, while the game's story is still brilliant, and the game's ending especially hits hard, I still think this is still so overrated. Gameplay is more or less just explore a little and then do a couple QTEs. No matter what choices you make, you will always end up with the same ending, and the same outcome in every event, so it's more the illusion of choice, rather than real meaningful choice, and a lot of characters such as Lily, Kenny, and more are complete assholes to Lee if you disagree with them on one thing. 

On top of that, I can honestly say after playing TWD Season 2 that I just don't really like Clem much in this anymore. Don't get me wrong, she's a good character and everything, but seeing the much more experienced and badass Clem in Season 2 makes her Season 1 counterpart seriously fall in comparison.

Edited by Ryannumber1Scarer

OOOOOOOOOK

So... I MAAAAY have forgotten a little something I should've dealt with a while back.

See,I noticed my list has Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles as separate games. And them both count as just one game. So... 

141008-2308-29.thumb.jpg.aefe43895fc816c

Awkward.

Crash the Wrath of Cortex - PS2 -  Traveller's Tales.

This game tries to emulate Crash 3 too hard. And it forces too many vehicles down your throat, I'd honestly be cool with Crash's gameplay if I could play him for more than five minutes without a vehicle interrupting the flow.

Also Loading screens.

Fucking Loading Screens, as bad as 06.

Overall do not recommend.

So uh, this kinda makes the whole Metal Gear Rising thing anti-climactic. Huh

Let's pretend I had this instead of Sonic 3 all along so MGR:R is still my final game. :U

Aaaaaand done

Entry 20: Megaman Zero 4 (megaman zero collection, NDS)

rtyS8Ga.jpg

This one was pretty solid, but I have to say, I enjoyed 2 and 3 more. Don´t get me wrong, I still enjoyed it! It is just...I didn´t care about the humans to be honest, specially Neige and...the other guy. I feel the story could have ended perfectly on 3, but eh, knowing more about the humans is always nice!

Iiiii still feel there´s some more explaining to do, but I heard that a lot of backstory is told on the drama cds, soooo I guess I´ll go youtube it now.

*spoilers*

aaaaand of course, Zero dies again. Poor guy can´t have a break even in his own series. Worst of all, even X dies! Inafumeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

So yeah, the Zero saga is over! And I enjoyed each bit of it. These game are so unforgiving, I freaking love it *laughs* 

Edited by Ristar
  • Thumbs Up 1

100% Complete Game No.49/Game No.65: Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion XL (PS3) - 100% Complete

cartoon-network-punch-time-review-ninten

Proof: http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1456-Cartoon-Network-Punch-Time-Explosion-XL/ryannumber3gamer (Platinum Date 10/10/15)

Oh boy. Another game which took a long time because I went through and redid every trophy for 100%. Put it simply. This game is one mixed bag of fan service, laziness, and terrible. 

First off, the fighting is unpolished, off, there's no flow to it, it's hard as fuck to try land a hit on an enemy, an enemy can keep cancelling your attacks, and in general, the combat system isn't well thought out whatsoever. On top of that, the story is one of the most lazy crossovers ever, with no character dialogue being spoken whatsoever, the story is just a haphazard plot thrown together for a reason to play the game and that's it. There's absolutely no online which is frankly inexcusable for a 2012 fighting game. The graphics are also really meh.

But on the other hand, the fan service is there in a weird way. Seeing old characters like Bloo and Mac, Dexter, Bubbles, and Grim and such really can bring a smile to your face, even the unlockable costumes for most characters are actually really cool references to episodes of the show, such as the PPG's costumes being The Roudyruff Boys, or Grim having his clown outfit, or Billy & Mandy having their robot costumes from Billy and Mandy's Big Boogey Adventure, but then you get into the more lazy areas, such as costumes like Aku who's just a slightly more evil looking version of Aku, or Johnny Bravo having a generic caveman outfit.

Speaking of Johnny, Another issue is the voice cast. The voice cast managed to get some VAs to reprise their roles, such as Keith James Ferguson as Bloo, and Tara Strong as Bubbles, and Greg Eagles as Grim, but then you get the replacements, and they sound nothing like the characters. I mean at all. They sound nothing like them. Worst cases is characters like Dexter, Mac, and Cheese, among others.

The character roster is rather hit and miss as well. There's a good amount of classics, but then you wonder why the hell was characters like Ed, Edd, N Eddy, or Courage was omitted from the game while Flapjack, K'Nuckles, and Chowder got in. But if there's one thing you have to give them credit for. They had the good sense to put in one of the most terrifying, evil creatures to ever grace the airwaves of Cartoon Network. That's right folks, it's the horror that is...

THE TOLIETNATOR 

latest?cb=20080919022536

But seriously, I very much doubt I will ever play this again now that I finished it.

Edited by Ryannumber1Scarer

Finished another one, it's not Mega Man.

Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash (3DS, Skip Ltd and Vanpool)

W0E62pg.jpg

That is not just some serious overestimation of the importance of chores, this time Chibi-Robo actually does save the world. How anyone or anything bigger than 4-inch robot couldn't do it should put the entire world to shame. So, this one is a bit of mixed bag if you've been paying attention to the reviews that have trickled out. Well for me it's a pretty solid title. Nothing amazing, nothing awful, just sort of good that would have been great if not for some flaws in it. The main draw, the Zip Lash, makes the game kind of like a cutesy Bionic Commando, and that's something I really get behind, and the bosses are all inventive and a lot of fun to fight. Now, the negative is what's already been seen in reviews, treating the world map like a game board is entirely pointless and seems like a way to increase the length...if not for the fact that you can just buy panels and fill up the number wheel with what you want. Though the reviews have also said they liked the Skateboarding, I can't say I did. It's basically Minecart levels except it's a battle against losing momentum rather than using it, though the Wakeboarding sections most definitely are a good time. Lastly, the whole Snack thing. I find it inoffensive at worst and good at best, this is because sometimes the toys have some really odd things to say about their snack of choice, and some dispense some lesser known trivia about the food we've been stuffing our faces with for years now (it's an offbeat thing that's typical of Skip games). You should probably consider looking for the snacks whether you like the idea of that or not, if you do play because, the very final boss has a wall you have to surmount by paying a lot of coin to acquire a certain something to put you on even ground with it. Yes, other than dispensing trivia and odd things about Tootsie Rolls and Swedish Gummy Cars, they give you moolah as a reward.

Edit: Oh yeah, Telly is also a flying computer now. For some reason.

Edited by Conando

SBMD1Rd.png

Beaten Undertale! (Toby Fox, PC)

A really great RPG! It got great sense of humor and the option to either "Spare" or "Fight" enemies is a interesting gameplay element. I do want to talk more about this but it's honestly better to play it without any knowledge about the game.

(btw, I'm going to upload more pictures of games I have beaten since I was pretty lazy to get around doing it, lol. Unfortunately, I took some of my pictures using my ipad which isn't working at the moment so is it possible to add entries without a picture?) 

fyi, my name on the leader board is Dan the Daniel.

100% Complete Game No.50/Game No.66: Batman Arkham Knight (PS4) - 100% Complete

Proof: http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3634-Batman-Arkham-Knight/ryannumber3gamer  (Platinum Date: 11/10/15) 

Arkham-Knight-Shot-06.jpg

Well, this took a long time to platinum. Basically, I started this back in June 2015 when Arkham Knight released, and played on again off again, and did the final cleanup of trophies today, getting the plat. It's more or less your common affair here, with some particularly annoying combat trophies. Arkham Knight itself is tied with Arkham Asylum for my favourite in the series because the story is pretty good, the writing is pretty damn good, the graphics are amazing for consoles, and the gameplay has been refined and polished up to just a brilliant point. This is one of the biggest highlights of combat you'll ever find in games to be honest.

• Thumbs Up 1

Boo! The October spooky games have begun!

12140661_10203872973218812_2447049813620

Resident Evil Code Veronica X (PS2)

A favourite of mine, I just love the story in this one. Heck, I adore the character of Alfred Ashford. This WOULD be my favourite what with it's tight gameplay and good story if it weren't for Steve "whine whine smooch me baby" Burnside. This snot stain really made me hate parts of this game, hence why Resident Evil Remake is better. A good romp in the end, just leave Steve in the oven next time.

100% Complete Game No.51/Game No.67: Resistance Burning Skies (PS Vita) - 100% Complete

Proof: http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1448-Resistance-Burning-Skies/ryannumber3gamer (Plat Date: 12/10/15)

RBS_Secondary-Key-Art-Coded.jpg

Eh, this game was a real bore to go through, to the point where I actually had to take a break from it when I got to level 3 in order to actually platinum it. I honestly can't see myself pick this up again. The gameplay is meh and has been done multiple times before, and the game's "story" is such a boring generic and forgettable story to the point I mostly just muted the game and listened to videos and reviews in the background. In general, the word that bests describes this game is simply generic. Nothing more. Nothing less. Killzone Mercenary is a much better Vita FPS with it's own unique style and fun factor.

Super Time Force Ultra --- Vita --- 100%

STFU is one hell of an awesome game, it starts off by looking like any simple 8bit shooter, but when you master the time travel aspect of the game it becomes so amazing. The fact you can turn back time to prevent the deaths of your previous efforts in order to overwhelm bosses is incredible.

I'm going to have to keep this brief since I don't feel too well today, but if you want a great platformer which encourages you to combine skilful shooting with platforming and asks you to think through problems, definitely give this one a go.

Highly recommended.