Awoo.

The 52 Game Challenge 2015

Tracker_TD

I need to cheer myself up after a bad day at work...

Puyo Puyo 7 (Nintendo DS, 2009) Developed by Sonic Team.

AN6ZAPE.jpg

Unpopular opinion time; most people don't seem to like it as an entry in the series, some calling it a blatant cash grab. Me?

I loved it! In fact, I'd go as far as to say it's one of my favorite games in the series. I like....what I could understand of the plot, and I loved Ringo Andou, who is introduced in this game. The gameplay is always fun.

My gripe? The transformation mechanic is kinda busted. Can't put my finger on it, but it don't feel so great for balance...but the transformations of the characters make it worth it. I'm gonna get to it.

I understand it's not everyone's favorite game, though. Still, if you have somthing that can run it, I see no reason you shouldn't at least give it a shot.

But of course, the game has Amitie in it, which is an automatic plus by default. I'll get to her design in this...now!

HcIMnTP.png

Now, almost everyone in the game who got a new design or introduced has some form of school uniform. I like it, but some might not. As you can see, Amitie is no exception. The uniform looks quite good on her, I must say, and she also has a Puyo beanie hat for the first time. She also grew her bangs a bit. She's still very adorable, I must say.

But this is not where it ends. Nope; I mentioned the transformations earlier, and Amitie has them.

Child:

lNvodsi.jpg

Adult:

RCWLd7z.jpg

Sorry about the borders in the images; they were all I could find, so apologies to the person who made the borders.

They seem to be variations of her Puyo Puyo Fever 2/15th Anniversary designs. Child Amitie seems to have some little details here, though she's basically a chibi version of her Fever 2 design. Adult Amitie is similar, though she has a smaller hat, a scarf, a skirt and different boots. I like them both; she's still adorable either way. These designs alone make the transformation worth it for me despite the brokenness of it.

Wow, I'm not the most well in the head...but I'm definitely happier now! :)

Edited by SurrealBrain

Unfortunately due to time constraints I wasn't able to mark SurrealBrain's entries, sorry! I'll update the spreadsheet with your entries later, I thought you were on there before.

Everybody has been updated. If your game isn't marked on here, let me, @Naldush Repulsa, Athena Cykes, or @Tracker know.

Congratulations, @Conando, you are the latest person to finish 52 Games! Keep it up!

Here are my entries:

Tales from the Borderlands Ep 2-5

header.jpg?t=1445971138

Proof: https://steamcommunity.com/id/MeltingComet/stats/330830/?tab=achievements

(All achievements attained for each episode)

Tales from the Borderlands is actually a pretty damn great surprise. Epic scenes and stellar writing seriously make up for it's linearity and game-breaking bugs. I'm currently writing a review, so stay tuned for that.

Life is Strange Ep 1-2

Hold up, I finished this on stream so other users can verify I did it. However, due to not actually owning the game on Steam it's currently not showing me achievements. I'll provide proof later.

• Thumbs Up 1

I started this thing, yet fell behind! My bad! 

I beat Sonic 2 the other day, handily captured in this stream. I went in not exactly a fan of Sonic 2, but I've been too harsh on it over the years; it was a fairly fun experience, even if I didn't enjoy it quite as much as the other classic games. I'm also surprised how quickly I beat it! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX (Nintendo 3DS, 2015) Developed by Sega.

9Qfqgeh.jpg

I know what I said about supporting Sega (at least in regards to non-Puyo Puyo works). But I made an exception because the Puyo Puyo 39 minigame was left alone here.

As for that minigame, it's fun for what it is, and and enjoyable timekiller, but not as fun as the actual Puyo Puyo games. But you unlock Arle and Satan (I'm sorry, Dark Prince) costumes for Miku and Kaito, respectively.

The main gameplay itself? Fun rhythm game. The music is also great, though admittedly, I'm also something of a Vocaloid fan, so call me crazy.

So yeah, fun game, worth the money.

Edited by SurrealBrain

Well, another batch for me it seems.

Donkey Kong Land 100% (3DS VC)

dkl100_zpsmyylgfxf.jpg

I beat DKL last year on emulator, but since I got the VC release and played DKL2/3 I decided to just clear it and get it out of the way. Now I just need to finish King of Swing and Jungle Climber... and maybe even go back and finish my Returns playthrough... and I've done pretty much every DK game this year.

Gunman Clive (3DS)

gclive-cleared_zps1lictjbr.jpg

Very simple Indie game. I beat the game on normal, but I'm not that interested in going back through it again. I did beat it at least.

Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals (DS)

ng_zps21retb5p.jpg

Played it on my 3DS, though. I enjoyed going through it, but its just not as good as the original. Still a fun game. I TRIED to 100% it, but I failed to beat the Master of the Ancient Cave (I did reach the bottom), and I failed to get the final Dragon Egg, too. I still want to do these things, and its possible I met get around to clearing it later, but right now I'm just not really feeling it...

Btw, the two stars means I'm on New Game++.

Up next: Yoshi's Woolly World 100% (I've already 100% cleared the first four worlds) and Zelda: LTTP Wii U VC.

I'm way behind on this, though... not sure if I'll actually be able to finish. But I'm going to try! ^^ There's a few games I partially started much earlier in the year and never completed (DKC Returns, DK: King of Swing, and more recently DK: Jungle Climber), among others, like Super Mario Galaxy 2 (but I lost all my progress on this one when trying to store data on an external HDD which apparently wasn't supported by my Wii U). I will attempt to clear these out, at least, and I'll probably also work on Wind Waker HD as well.

Halloween spooky time gave me this gem.

10407053_10203946769743679_4909328171740

Silent Hill 2 (PS2)

Can I just say wow and be done? This game really did a number on me, what a game! I'll never look at fog the same way or mannequins or even be able to stay in hotels without thinking of this psychological nightmare. Need to play it again sometime, I can do better!

Well, here it is. That was quicker than I thought.

Yoshi's Woolly World 100% -

Everything: All wonder wool, all flowers, all stamps, 20 hearts on every stage, Boss Challenge complete, all enemies added to bestiary.

And for my analysis? Phenomenal game, absolutely wonderful. Except for most of the bosses. The World 4-6 bosses aren't that bad, though, but the mid-world bosses from the first two worlds? They repeated TWO MORE times. Yeah. They do change up the battles a bit, but its still a bit annoying.

The first three world's bosses for the most part suck. World 4's boss I actually really liked, honestly. World 5's boss reminds me a lot of Bashmaster, coincidentally he's also the penultimate world boss, too. Final boss isn't too bad, its a nice different take on the traditional

Baby Bowser

boss battles, but it still wasn't all that amazing. Was at least better than the first three bosses, though.

And yeah, the mid-world bosses are the worst, since its just the same two bosses repeating three times (spoilers), though again, the battle's mechanics do change a bit, with the third battles for each being the most different. Not that they're all that great, though. It also took me a while to figure out just how to hit World 6's mid-world boss...

Overall, though, highly recommend the game, its great, but the bosses for the most part don't do anything all that special. World 4's boss is my favorite by far, but World 5's boss isn't half bad either. Final boss is ok, but isn't original enough (though it is better than past Yoshi final bosses barring the original Yoshi's Island).

Save File:

yww_savefile_zpsx9ikpsi6.jpg

Overview:

All music, all enemies, all wonder wool (Yoshi Hut), Boss Challenge, completed, bonus level starred.

yww_overview_zps32ivlxfy.jpg

World 1 All Stars:

yww_world1_zpsh4hcj2cc.jpg

World 2 All Stars:

yww_world2_zps60jn7tps.jpg

World 3 All Stars:

yww_world3_zpsfsowykqo.jpg

World 4 All Stars:

yww_world4_zpsf7pf6fad.jpg

World 5 All Stars:

yww_world5_zpsqe5vglt8.jpg

World 6 All Stars:

yww_world6_zpsywla7gws.jpg

Well, that was a lot faster than I expected.

Skylanders Superchargers (Wii U, 2015) Developed by Vicarious Visions and Beenox.

illMCOX.jpg

I got this as a birthday present a couple of days back, and I beat it. I asked for it, mainly due to Donkey Kong.

It's short, but it's very fun while it lasts. However, I never played a Skylanders game before this one, I admit. I was lost...but it seems Donkey Kong and Bowser were, too, though DK even more so. I'll describe the plot as I saw it (spoilers will be avoided).

Sucked into an unfamiliar land, Donkey Kong and Bowser find themselves caught in the middle of a conflict that's apparently been going on a while. Along the way, they make new friends and allies as they team up to face Kaos (whose name sounds familiar to DK) and the Darkness. With their new friends, they must stop the enemies and find their way home.

Not much, is it? Well, that's what happens when you jump in late...still, the gameplay is fun, the writing is wonderfully witty (there are moments where the developers seem to be channeling their inner Insomniac Studios; appropriate, actually) and the voice acting is top notch. The graphics are also pretty good.

For obvious reasons, though, it's safe to say 100% is not on the cards.I'm already not doing the best job of hanging on to my money, so I think I'll just grab what I know I want and call it good.

Edited by SurrealBrain
  • Thumbs Up 1

Disregard that, didn't mean to post in this thread.

Hmm, a little late for me to try taking up the challenge now, but it could probably be done, depending on what...

Edited by Servo

So of course I'm not going to stop playing games this year.

Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 100% cleared

12kW7HZ.jpg

nyvMu8J.jpg

Mario can be a huge dick sometimes.

XgApgwI.jpg

It's Wario's first outing! After getting kicked out of Mario's castle, he decided he'd go ahead and try and steal a giant solid gold Peach statue from a ruthless gang of pirates so he can buy his own castle. Why specifically go after pirate treasure? He's Wario, there doesn't need to be more reason than that. Though it's still very much a Mario Land title, you seen in here what made the Wario Land series what it is, especially later on when uncovering the treasures requires quit a bit of exploration in a level that appears to be small at first glance. This game is also of course the first time where Captain Syrup appeared, and like Samus her gender was actually not mentioned in material, you didn't find out Wario had a rivalry with a lady pirate until you actually faced off against her Genie. Speaking of that Genie, why does he need money to grant a wish? Also, he somehow magics a planet out of said money if you got all the treasures.

Edited by Conando
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yep.

Sonic Lost World (PC, Sonic Team) Cleared

j6ixdRy.jpg

This game is hit and miss with many, and I can see why. I appreciate it myself, though. Mainly because it was a serious attempt at making Sonic actually control properly in a 3D settings rather than sliding around and having to rely on homing attacks and drifting to keep you on course. This game though, I beat it before and I for some reason I didn't fully realize it was basically SEGA trying to make a Mario game until this second run.

Oh right, I also beat Lost World on PC recently...

pcOnM95.png

Here's my proof- since you need to get red rings in the last boss fight I'd say this is sufficient. Not truly 100% because I didn't get all the S Ranks or do all the missions... but I have all the main content.

Overall, I personally think this game isn't nearly anywhere near as bad as it's made out to be. Not terrible, but not amazing either... I'd say it's above average, but overall it's fun enough for me to play every now and then. Of course I'll avoid some stages like the plague, because this game's experimentation and lack of a consistent identity becomes quite a huge problem in the super gimmicky, not fun stages like Hidden World 4- hell, Hidden World in general has some of Lost World's worst stages.

But overall, a majority of the stages are fun to play through again and again.

Oh, while I'm at it, I also beat Tri Force Heroes recently:

2IuH59B.jpg

Tri Force Heroes is actually an amazingly fun game, replaying the stages for completing the challenges can range from fun to frustrating, but it does give you replay ability. And I'm still farming materials to get every outfit in the game- I'm really close! The only costumes that will take me forever to get, if I ever get them, are the ones that require you play with people locally. Overall though, this game was designed around the multiplayer- so be wit with friends, family, or stangers, how good each player is at the game will make or break the experience for you.

And I even got all the sample courses in Mario maker, so I'll count that as Game Completion (considering the nature of the game), and to prove it here's a screen of me having the Weird Mushroom int he editor (you get it from unlocking and beating the NWC stages):

8nQFlRz.jpg

Mario Maker is pretty much an amazing Mario experience because of course, for the first time you get to see how you can design your own stages. Of course, that means the content is a mixed bag that ranges from absolute trash to god tier level design, but the Sample courses albeit simple are the only stages directly intended by Nintendo's own level designers (aside from the new Official Maker tab, but those courses don't seem to be as solidly designed as the sample courses in my mind).

Edited by Shade Vortex

A double-whammy here, though it might not seem like such due to this device requiring me to edit this constantly.

Puyo Puyo 15th Anniversary (Nintendo DS, 2006) Developed by Sonic Team.

QiQ1GUA.jpg

Now for another unpopular opinion; this is fun, but I actually didn't enjoy this one as much as Puyo Puyo 7 (or the 20th Anniversary game; that's coming up). In fact, I think this is one of my least favorite games in the series. The randomized Puyo matches are an annoyance, meaning you could get the kind you'd much rather not have. Still, it's a fun title, and definitely worth a look, especially since it brings back.some characters like Rulue, Schezo, Satan and a few others. Also, Amitie's here. You know why I think that automatically adds points.

Just a word of advice, though; if you get the DS version, make sure you get the Special Price release. I hear older copies have a nasty save glitch where you can only save like 255 times, and you're very likely to lose count before then. The Special Price release fixes the glitch, so you don't have to worry.

Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary (Nintendo DS, 2011) Developed by Sonic Team.

Nf4J4Jn.jpg

A massive improvement over the 15th Anniversary game. It's probably another one of my favorites, even, and very fun. Puyo matches are no longer randomized...unless you want them to be, but if you're like me, you'd rather not. Plus, it's good to see some characters returning to the playable roster, though (predictably, of course) Amitie's the one I'm happiest for, even though once she entered the series, she never stopped being playable...which makes me a very happy Surreal. :)

Now, for Amitie's designs in these ones. The 15th Anniversary one reuses her Puyo Puyo Fever 2 design, and I already touched that. Haven't thought of anything I haven't said already, so I can't provide anything new there. Which makes me sad. :(

Her 20th Anniversary design is original, however.

vUJknsM.png

Her red Puyo beanie seems to be shorter. She also wears a cute pink hoodie, and her bangs seem to have grown some more. Her belt seems to be a variation on her original Puyo Pop Fever one, with some more details added. Her shoes are similar to past designs, yet a bit different as well. Love this design! :)

EDIT: How did I forget about this?!

Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary also introduced an alternate form simply known as Red Amitie.

r9I09Mq.jpg

She has a red Puyo winter hat now, and her shorts don't seem to have that heart design on them. She also wears fancy lookin' boots, brown gloves and a white, long sleeved shirt with red and pink ends on  the sleevs, and a pink heart design on the shirt. She also weilds a staff. I love this design too...I'm easy to please, I know.

Edited by SurrealBrain

Well, here I am back again and about time too, and this time, I've FINALLY beaten DK: King of Swing. God I hate this game. I'm not 100% it, but its a DK game. I had to beat it. Jungle Climber is coming up next, but this game is also being a pain. However, I beat two other games as well in the mean time.

DK: King of Swing (Wii U VC) -

I just can't stand the controls for this game. Other problems include the health system being awful and lack of checkpoints if you die. (If you fall you just lose one heart.) The problem with the health system is that the ONLY way to restore hearts is to use 10 bananas, and both are permanent. So, say you heal a lot in one level, and when you beat the level you have one heart left. You don't regain the bananas you lost even if you quit and come back, nor do you regain your hearts. You have to go into a level and find more bananas to heal.

Oh, and Diddy Mode gives you barely any bananas as is (you only find the occasional banana bunch granting 5, or you get single bananas from barrels). So this problem is increased tenfold. Hence why I'm not finishing Diddy Mode. Then the Jungle Jam mode is incredibly frustrating as well, so I can't even at least just unlock all the characters.

The following is proof of completing the game, because the Diddy icon signifies you're in Diddy Mode, which is unlocked by completing the main game.

DKKOS_DiddyMode_zpspkjcsrky.jpg

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 100% (Wii U VC)

I played this game on Wii U now. Same old game, still fun, but since I've played it so much I've kinda gotten bored lol. Well, anyway, I got everything in the game. All items, all hearts, all upgrades, 1/2 magic meter decrease. I also beat the game with only one gameover. Unfortunately the damn Skull Woods dungeon messed me up. Otherwise, the "17 games played" I have is only because that's how many times I saved. (Barring, of course, that one gameover.)

Win:

Ending1_zpsctp1wnfc.jpg

17 Games Played:

Ending2_zpssfpuseet.jpg

Save File (All Hearts, Final Mail Upgrade):

SaveFile_zpsweyitqkg.jpg

All Items and Upgrades:

Inventory_zpsq4svopkv.jpg

And lastly, TokiTori on Wii U (100%)

I downloaded this game because it looked like a neat little puzzler, and I really enjoyed it. Though I had to look up some assistance on some levels. Dang a few of these were insanely hard.

The game's main story consists of four worlds: Forest Falls, Creepy Castle, Slimy Sewer, and Bubble Barrage.

There's also a bonus world "Test Lab" (based on Portal 2 ironically) that isn't required to beat the main game. There's also additional "Bonus" levels in the past worlds, too. These "Bonus" levels were added in free updates to the PC version, and in this version they're available innately. Lastly, there's "Normal" and "Hard" stages. Only the "Normal" stages are actually required to get the game's ending, so in theory that's the most basic. Since I beat all levels, including the Hard, Bonus, and Test Lab, the game is 100% completed.

All Worlds Cleared:

For the first four worlds, this only includes the Normal and Hard Mode stages. The Bonus levels are required to get a check on Test Lab, but not the other four.

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a552/jaidynreiman/Forums/52Games/Toki Tori/WorldsClear_zps3rtypjix.jpg

World 1 Bonus:

Beat all these without a guide.

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a552/jaidynreiman/Forums/52Games/Toki Tori/World1Bonus_zpsxnfshpbp.jpg

World 2 Bonus:

Beat all these without a guide.

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a552/jaidynreiman/Forums/52Games/Toki Tori/World2Bonus_zpshl14bsig.jpg

World 3 Bonus:

Beat the first without a guide. The second I tried everything I could think of and couldn't figure it out. Turns out I missed one step in it, and once I followed that step I had the rest of this all figured out.

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a552/jaidynreiman/Forums/52Games/Toki Tori/World3Bonus_zps61y2ehji.jpg

World 4 Bonus:

Beat without a guide (ironic, because I needed a guide for some of the Normal and Hard levels in this world, but Bonus was easy).

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a552/jaidynreiman/Forums/52Games/Toki Tori/World4Bonus_zpsytdiangt.jpg

Ending:

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a552/jaidynreiman/Forums/52Games/Toki Tori/Ending_zpsgmc2sykg.jpg

Ok, so in the ending after Toki Tori saves all his brothers trapped in eggs... he makes a big f***ing omelet? What? Is he a cannibal or something...?

Banjo-Kazooie (Xbox One, 2015) Developed by Rare (original version) and 4J Studios (port).

avEsFcE.jpg

Yeah, for the Rare Replay version, they used the Xbox Live Arcade port. It's not a bad port.

For the core game, you get pure gaming bliss, from collecting jiggies to shooting eggs and wonderful characters. The graphics, already amazing for their day, were given a slight upgrade thanks to the magic of porting, though still rooted in the N64 limitations, though that's not bad at all. It's also nice to see an old childhood favorite in HD.

What Ilike about this version is that you no longer have to collect the musical notes in each level in a single run. It was a major source of annoyance in the original release, one that almost ended a friendship (thank frak it didn't), so I commend 4J Studios for making the change.

I will say this, though; in regards to screwing up the ending, I can definitely see what JezMM was talking about, removing a scene and the whole secrets thing. Definitely a poor spot on an otherwise near-perfect port.

Otherwise? Amazing. If you haven't played this game before, you have no excuse not to do so now, and if you have, it's time to check out the port and decide how you see things.

Edited by SurrealBrain

THE BIG ONE IS DONE!

Shadow the Hedgehog (PS2) 100% (All 326 stories done, all A ranks, last story and hard mode)

Holy cow this was a long one! Time to give my two cents about the infamous Shadow. I like many things in the game. I can control Shadow well (it may be speedy but I got use to it by the second level in my first run so never a problem), the guns auto targeted most of the time which I don't mind, the expansive story is a great idea (though 326 guys? You had me busy for way too long) and I like the soundtrack. Now things done wrong? This game tries uber hard to be serious and comes off goofy. That's actually one thing I like but most do not. The Black Arms are forgettable, some of the new voice actors aren't good (yet) and some of the missions (Mad Matrix Dark, I condemn thee!) are way too hard. Overall, I like Shadow. Sure its way from perfect but it gives me a smile now and then. I can now lay this game to rest after 10 long years...

P.S When you guys are adding this to my total, the last game added says METAL GEAR SOLID 2: SONS OF LIBERTY. It's not meant to be that, it was METAL GEAR 2: SOLID SNAKE. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Velocity 2X --- Vita 100%

Finally this game is over and what a wild ride it was.

Velocity 2X is awesome, you pilot a spaceship which has the ability to shoot, throw bombs and teleport around a small area whilst listening to an amazing soundtrack, but unlike the original, velocity 2X has a trump card, it has side scrolling platform sections which flow seamlessly from a SMUP to a Side Scrolling platform action game.

Levels range from a puzzle mission, to a critical urgency (beat as fast as you can) and other small variants of that.

Get Velocity 2X right now and thank me later it's incredible. 

Freedom Wars --- Vita 100%

So I picked this up a few months ago for only £9.99, I'd heard it was pretty decent so I decided to give it a go, what followed was one of the best experiences on the Vita I've ever had Freedom Wars is an end of the world scenario where humanity fights in giant building like cities for the last of the worlds resources, only as events progress there is a strange supernatural vibe running through it. 

Freedom Wars is an RPG but you don't level up your character so much as you level up your weapons, which means it can be easy to find yourself outmatched in some missions, but when you eventually look into weapon upgrading it suddenly becomes an amazing experience.

It has some of the best cut scenes I've seen in a game for a long time. 

The sad part is that the game ends just when you fall in love with it. But here's hoping for a console sequel next time.

Mega Man The Power Battle (Playstation 2, 2004) Developed by Capcom (original version) and Atomic Planet (port).

jGhVBbf.jpg

A fun arcade game. Basically a boss rush of Robot Masters from previous games, and this time, they got some new abilities! It's pretty short, and easy by arcade game, standards, but it's fun for what it is, so enjoy it while it lasts!

EDIT: And because I feel like it...

Mega Man 2 The Power Fighters (Playstation 2, 2004) Developed by Capcom (original version) and Atomic Planet (port).

MSfpYNp.jpg

Another fun arcade game. A slight improvement over its predecessor, mainly due to a slight bit more variety. That said, it feels more like an updated rerelease of the previous arcade game than a sequel.

On a special note, this game introduced Duo to the world, though the game is set after Mega Man 8. It even tells you to play Mega Man 8 to find out how Duo knows Mega Man and company. Good game, overall, and if you have to pick between the two arcade games, this is the superior one.

Edited by SurrealBrain

Hitman Contracts HD --- PS3 100%

Sigh... you know, over the years I've played and beaten Hitman 2 and Hitman Absolution and now I just finished Hitman Contracts HD... one day I'll actually enjoy playing one of these games.

Hitman games are a game series which I've never understood the popularity of and frankly I'm a tad baffled that they've continued on as long as they have and that they're still popular and greeted with some sense of hype.

In these games, you're encourage to use stealth and set traps or cunning in order to take out your targets, the problem I've had with all of them is that some of the targets and scenarios only trigger under certain conditions so you have no choice but to consult a walkthrough which totally undermines the whole aspect of the game. 

Hitman Contracts is no different to that, whilst you can if you want just go in guns blazing, the game punishes you for that, you can take out targets in a specific way, but there's a 'right way' to do it which the game rewards you for, even though this is a HD upgrade of the PS2 original, you're still forced to do things a specific way since trophies and weapon unlocks are tied to this.

This means that whilst you can 'play the game' you have to effectively follow a specific route and plot in order to do what the game expects you to do.

And it's not even that obvious either, sometimes the time restraints to get from one part of the level to the other are so restrictive or a specific disguise you need is only available at one specific point it feels like you have no choice but to consult a guide.

I dunno, if you like Hitman games odds are you'll like this one. But for me I still don't get why people like them so much.

Puyo Puyo Tetris (Playstation 3, 2014) Developed by Sonic Team.

EvJM9vM.jpg

This is yet another good Puyo Puyo game. The plot (what I got of it) is intriguing, and the characters (especially Amitie, of course) are as great as ever, and the gameplay is fun.

Yet for some reason, this one is one I consider to be one of my least favorite games in the series. Maybe it's because I found out I suck at Tetris, or something. The DLC was fun, but I doubt I'd go out of my way to play it on a secod playthrough.

That said, this is my favorite Tetris game. I gotta confess, if not for this, I would have continued to play Tetris Worlds on my PS2 and called it good.

Overall, it's a pretty good game. Just wish I didn't have to wait two months for it to come in the mail.

Now I'll focus on Amitie's design here. This is probably gonna be it for the year for focusing on Amitie's designs unless I miraculously get Puyo Puyo Quest and beat it within the year.

dbVSpgc.png

Her design is a bit of a variation on her 20th Anniversary design, with a similar outfit and all, though the little hood is different, and her Puyo beanie is slightly different. Her boots also seem different, though not much so. She also has the tallest design I've seen of her yet, though standing next to Ms. Accord suggests she hasn't actually gotten that much taller, if at all. I love this design a lot...you knew I was gonna say that. But it's true!

Welp. I guess that concludes my little thing, unless I get PPQ. I'm sad...but I'll live. For me, at least, it was fun while it lasted...

Edited by SurrealBrain
  • Thumbs Up 1

Retro City Rampage DX --- Vita 100%

I don't get it. 

How has this game been released on nearly every system going including some special limited prints on MS DOS and a few other vintage and limited run prints when.... it's not that great. 

For a long time I thought that this game was like a 2nd coming of christ the way it got promoted and how some people bigged it up. It's certainly a heck of a technical feet, it puts what feels like an entire GTA game into a small sized game, and the references to pop culture are really well done.

But as a game, I just found it boring. 

Every mission which wasn't a mini game felt the same. Really disappointed in this one.

Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax --- PS3 100%

This was actually... quite a lot of fun!

Tales from the Borderlands Episode 1 --- PS3 100%

How does Telltale keep doing this?

Every time they make a game they use exactly the same gameplay sequences in the story, the characters all give exactly the same facial expressions, the flow of the game is exactly the same.... They're making exactly the same game.

To top it off they all have exactly the same technical problems, yet somehow manage to put in even more game breaking bugs which are frankly unforgivable. 

Case in point... should you die in this game, you have to quit to the main menu, because the continue option won't display, it does this upon every time you start the game fresh, random stuttering and freezing? It's all here, gotta be a Telltale game.

It's a shame because episode 1 was actually kinda interesting, but technically, it's pretty poor, but that's the standard of Telltale games these days.

Oh and the game menus are littered with adverts too.

• Thumbs Up 2