Awoo.

The 52 Game Challenge 2015

Tracker_TD

Hitman Contracts HD --- PS3 100%

Sigh... you know, over the years I've played and beaten Hitman 2 and Hitman Absolution and now I just finished Hitman Contracts HD... one day I'll actually enjoy playing one of these games.

Hitman Absolution is really poor, it plays nothing like Hitman. So forget about that one.

Hitman 2 is a very solid game but it's also aged a great deal. As you've said, it's very difficult to figure out what you are supposed to do in that game and the enemies are far too sensitive to suspicious movement. Contracts is better, but it's a bit like a transition. It was a gap-bridging game, and it's not as big an improvement as Blood Money is. The most important title is Hitman Blood Money. It's by far the best Hitman game. It can still be a bit vague, but it's a lot clearer I'd say to what you are supposed to do and the enemies are a lot more forgiving. They'll physically tell you to stop for example if you are going into a restricted area e.t.c. 

The clues in Hitman games are the red areas of interest on the Map Screen.

This is the "proving I beat it in odd ways" area.

Star Fox 64 3D (Nintendo 3DS, 2011) Developed by Nintendo EAD and Q-Games.

hFi0kaY.jpg

Showing the sound test because you have to beat the game to unlock it.

Good game. I remember playing Star Fox 64 on the N64. This is mostly the same game, based onmy experience.

I'll admit, I wanted to play Star Fox Assault really bad, but felt I had to play 64 and Adventures to fully appreciate that one. I don't regret it, since they game me fun experiences.

I will say, though, the battles against Star Wolf are annoying, esecially when a time limit is involved.

Shovel Knight (Playstation Vita) Developed by Yacht Club Games.

WnFDccf.jpg

A really fun retro-inspired platformer, with hinst of Mega Man, Super Mario Bros. and other retro titles.

I will say, though, the physics don't really scream "old school" to me. I don't know what it is, but it feels...too newish or something, I dunno.

The added fight against Kratos is also fun, though I later got theXbox One version, and the battle against the Battletoads is better in every way.

Fun game, overall, and highly recommended to any platformer fan.

Edited by SurrealBrain

This reminds me of a puzzle...

11215117_10203985849760655_2990031325141

Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (3DS) - 100%

I love Layton. I still hadn't played this and the Azran Legacy (getting it for christmas) and with the mixed reaction I had to Spectre's Call, I entered with caution. In my opinion this was a strong return. Proof, I wept at the end. I liked the characters, it explains Layton's obsession with puzzles and is just a magic experience.  Though a few nitpicks. 1) There sure were a lot of trick questions. 2) I know I have seen Eternal Diva (and absolutely love it) but making a big plot point out of what happened in it is a bit weird for those who haven't seen it. I appreciate it though, long live Ambrosia! 

EDIT: Since I don't want to double post, have some Adventure!

12239472_10203993416469818_2071952064522

Sonic Adventure DX Directors Cut (GC)

Look, this game really really doesn't deserve the recent wave of hatred its got. I played this game back in 03 (and 00 for the original) and it was not hard. A challenge but dude, not the way that certain youtubers treat it. Overall, this is the second best 3D Sonic gae to me, after it's sequel, Heck, this one does some stuff better (Knuckles for one). This is a classic through and through, not perfect but still classic. A good start in my opinion to the 3D world...

Game 51 incoming!

12227236_10203995090311663_4542067023660

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (GC) 100%

Holy crud. This was my favourite Harry Potter game growing up but looking back, it has aged. The gameplay is still solid, much more fluid and much more everything than the PS1 games I'd played but where the voice acting in the PS1 games were laughably bad, these ones were annoying. They never shut up! The graphics look a bit naff too but overall, a fun romp. Not going to touch Goblet of Fire though, that game was an abomination.

Edited by The Tenth Doctor

Boom, done!

11261436_10204002448695618_6619555530250

Star Wars Bounty Hunter (GC)

Sweet memories. This game was always too hard and even scary for me as a kid. I loved it though, Jango is such a badass, the levels were rich and great to explore, the hunting was a great submission and the weapons were great fun (Protocal Droid + Wiretie + Flamethrower = Psycho killing). I'm happy to say most of that has stayed the same, only got a bit repetitave in the shooting but otherwise, a hidden Star Wars gem. The Hunt is Over, 52 games done!

My stuff hasn't been updated in a while lol. I checked and my last three posts haven't been updated live. Well, I've got a couple more.

First, my previous posts: (these are only on the last page so its not that old...)

Anyway, new stuff for today:

Super Mario World: Super Mario Advance 3 100% (Wii U VC)

That's all exits found and all Dragon Coins in every level. After playing through Super Mario Maker I just felt like I really, really wanted to play Super Mario World again, so I decided to try the Gameboy Advance version on Wii U VC. Originally I was just aiming for all exits, but then I realized the game keeps track of every level you get all Dragon Coins in as well, so naturally I had to go and do that, too. It also keeps track of how many exits you get as Mario or Luigi, but only when you first get that exit, so I got everything with Luigi.

And no, Luigi isn't actually easier than Mario. He's better at some things (his jump can reach slightly higher), but his lack of traction really throws me off-balance.

All Exits:

AllExits_zpsjajpn2mq.jpg

Autumn Theme (this now requires all exits):

NewSkin_zpsedmm3vuq.jpg

Perfect (all Dragon Coins):

Perfect_zpsfhldv1zc.jpg

Menu Stats:

CompleteStats_zpsiulcykaw.jpg

5 Stars (I have no idea what the stars mean):

FiveStars_zpsyufugxpe.jpg

Guacamelee 100% Normal Mode

I got all collectibles and got a Gold medal in every El Infierno challenge, and of course beat the game. I got everything I could buy as well, but you can't get all costumes on your first playthrough, though. You have to start a new game and costumes will carry over. If I need all costumes and/or Hard Mode for it to count as 100% just don't bother listing it, I'm not doing that.

Good Ending (need to get all six orbs then beat the final boss):

BonusEnding_zps91qn4cnc.jpg

A Winner is Me:

Winner_zpsy2hcqito.jpg

100% Every Area (all Gold; this includes all Gold Medals in El Infierno):

AllGold_zpswczcxzut.jpg

All Upgrades (there's 2 pages of items with an extra 2 items below that):

Upgrades1_zpsb3snj71z.jpgUpgrades2_zpsknyuixxr.jpgUpgrades3_zpsvxvhkpkp.jpg

No More Health/Stamina/INTENSO Bar Upgrades:

NothingLeft_zps03rbfeqa.jpg

All But Two Costumes:

Unfortunately, there's not enough to get all costumes in one playthrough. I don't know how many Silver Coins there are total, but I've got 9 left after buying everything but the 2 40-coin costumes.

CostumesLeft_zps2knmzzfk.jpg

DK: Jungle Climber will be done next (not 100%, only 100% in Story Mode) followed by Affordable Space Adventures. I'll probably start one of the Mighty Switch Force games soon. I have two of them so I might as well. Only after completing Jungle Climber, though.

Damn this final boss is annoying. Jungle Climber is a huge improvement over King of Swing, but there's still some glaring flaws, such as having boss battles on the exact same level as the final level of a world, meaning if you get a game over you have restart the entire level, as opposed to JUST the boss itself.

Edited by JaidynReiman

Finished Sonic CD! (Sega, PC/Steam) and also thanks to @Soni for being cool to gift the game.

5cCZvdB.png

(I accidentally copied something else so my original screenshot is lost)

It's pretty good game. I think some of the level design is a bit... messy? (Collision Chaos sure fit the name) but everything is really good. The port fixes some physic issues and you also switch between the soundtracks and even play as Tails! All in all, I would say that you should give it a try, especially if you want to try out Sonic CD but haven't.

wow, haven´t posted for a while

Entry 21: Final Fantasy VIII (Steam)

Inmdft5.jpg

......to be honest I liked this one better than FF7, in terms of...pretty much everything?

-The story. FF7 didn´t sit enough with me because its confusing storytelling. FF8 is not that complicated, and it starts very strongly. Disc 1 is great. Disc 2, although a little weird, is good too. Now, in Disc 3 things get a little...stupid. Then there´s the time travel bullshittery, aaaand bam. But I`ll take it over FF7´s messy storytelling anyway.

-I think the characters in FF7 were more charismatic, but FF8´s characters are fine. I loved Zell and Selphie. They look like your typical animu characters (they are) and Selphie sounds like a childish girl in disc 1 (she is), but they grew a lot on me in disc 2. Quistis and Irvine too, although I feel they are just...there. The only pair I didn´t like were Rinoa and Squall. Rinoa´s being a damsel in distress in p much every disc annoyed me, as well as Squall´s "whatever" attitude (His attitude is different in the Jap version, but sadly there´s not much info about that). 

-And the infamous gameplay mechanics, aka the Junction System. At first I loathed it. FF7 battle mechanics were fine, so why did they have to change everything and make it so complicated?. I literally didn´t understand anything on my first run, so I levelled up instead, I made things more difficult, and I had to start over. I finally got it on my second third run, and to be honest, it is not that bad??? Although I admit that drawing 100 times to increase your stats is time-consuming and stupid. Thank God the Steam version has a Magic Booster. I honestly abused it a lot in order to avoid grinding. But yeah, I can understand why people don´t like this system. I believe the game doesnñt explain it very properly.

-The graphics are gorgeous and they are such a huge improvement over FF7. The michelin models were cute but weird-looking in such a depressing atmosphere, while I´m glad everyone looks more realistic now in this one. The backgrounds are gorgeous as well.

-the OST is freaking amazing, but hey, not saying that FF7´s is bad or anything. There are a lot of memorable songs, like "the man with the machine gun", "premonition", "force your way", etc. Sadly, due to my mosquito memory I remember only a few songs in ff7, so I guess I didn´t think very highly of it..

-Minigames. Thank God FF8 has no obligatory minigames, because FF7´s were awful. Instead, we have Triple Triad, which pretty much everyone loves i never undertood the rules so i barely played lmao

And that´s pretty much it. I enjoyed FF8 but sadly disc 3 lowered my opinion a little bit. I have to say, FF8 improved a lot of things but also ruined a few. Still good. 

I also finished Undertale´s True Pacifist Ending, but forgot to take some evidence of the ending sob

also pls add megaman zero 4 to my list ok thx bai

Edited by Ristar

Beaten Freedom Planet! (Galaxy Trails, Steam) Thanks to @Soni for gifting me this game

vI5kGL3.png

Freedom Planet is one of those games that started out pretty good but just kinda dive down in quality. The later levels just get extremely chaotic with the amount of enemy placement and it nearly impossible to beat an boss without at least dying twice. The story is literally try hard on being serious but is ruined by how inconsistent the tone is (There is like an scene where the three girls are basically having a sleep over and being like "lol torque doesn't want cooties" while an later scene have Lilac getting tortured) and the pace is also inconsistent as well! You might have to wait through like 20 minutes of story before getting to the next while you might have to wait around 5 to play another one. I just recommend that you play through classic mode and watch the cutscenes on youtube or whatever.

• Thumbs Up 1

I had several games I started this year and just took a while to get through them either due to frustrations with them or other things delaying me, and I recently picked up a few games on Wii U and one in particular I managed to get through very quickly... So this should put me up to 47 if my calculations are correct. Oh, and I got 100% for half of these games.

DK: Jungle Climber 100% (Wii U VC)

I wasn't planning on it, but there wasn't much left to do by the time I FINALLY beat the frustratingly difficult final boss. So, yeah, 100%. And I'm never touching this game again. Oh, and I've also now beaten nearly every single major DK platformer this year. That's all the DKC/Land games except Returns, as well as both pegboard games. And I do plan to replay and 200% Returns.

This game is painfully frustrating at times. But its way better than King of Swing.

DKJC_zpsajfwbkuo.jpg

Affordable Space Adventures (Wii U)

Now THIS game I totally recommend. Its an amazing game and really makes it feel like you're struggling for survival in an alien world. Towards the end things get really intense until you finally manage to reach your final destination. I hear its a lot better if you play co-op, though, because the game can get frustrating managing all of the ship's controls on your own.

Origin Story is a free DLC expansion so it doesn't count. There are no collectibles to find in this game, so technically I 100%'d it, but that doesn't count either...

AffordableSpaceAdventures_zpsbgol5eq9.jp

Mega Man X 100% (Wii U VC)

Beat the game with all upgrades. This game has been a very old title on my backlog; I first started playing this game on my grandmother's SNES whenever I went over to visit many years ago, at least in the late 90's, and I repeatedly tried and failed to beat this game. So I'm glad I finally got it.

Got the Hadouken (must have beaten all Mavericks and gotten all upgrades):

Hadouken_zpsl5tyts6o.jpg

Credits (beat game):

Thanks_zps2mune5nn.jpg

Sigma was pretty tough to beat... I ended up having to use Hadouken to beat both Sigma's pet and his first phase, because you have to do both of those and Sigma's second phase without any breaks or checkpoints in between. Though I did manage to reach Sigma's second phase several times without Hadouken, and the Hadouken is very hard to pull off while in combat anyway.

Grinsia (3DS)

Wanted to 100% this game, but some of the bonus bosses are too much for me to bother with. Either way, at least I have Clear data. Its a decent game, but too simplistic and the game's story is "meh" overall. I do like the battle system, though. Its kinda a generic turn-based RPG, but it has a rare grid system not often seen in a turn-based RPG so it does mix things up a lot. But its very easy to just Auto play a ton of battles.

I actually got this game a while back and only just started playing this recently as a "side" game that I could try on my 3DS.

GrinsiaTitle_zpsi7dpd3rr.jpg

Teslagrad 100% (Wii U)

When you get 100% in this game you can a Crown on the save slot and can play through the game again with all items unlocked from the start. Its pretty cool, and the ending sequence with 100% has this beautiful vocal track (the only one in the game).

The game overall is great, I love the aesthetic and the challenging puzzles. The story is mostly told through scrolls you find, 36 in total, which you can't get until you find the last upgrade and defeat the penultimate boss of the game. There is no health, though, anything that can hurt you kills you instantly and you restart at the last checkpoint. This is very frustrating in bosses, because some are quite lengthy and you die in one hit.

There are parts where this game gets extremely challenging, but I must be pretty good at it, I beat it quickly (though I did need some help to find some of the scrolls; one is completely and totally ridiculous and I would've never found it on my own).

Overall I definitely recommend this title, and its on sale in the eShop as well.

Also, here's my Title Screen. Its hard to see, but yes that is a crown after all my upgrades. I could've listed off all of the scrolls, but there's no quick way to show all of them, plus they show off the storyline. Well, there's no dialogue in this game, though... which surprised me when there was actually a vocal track in the ending sequence.

TitleScreen_zpsrnjupc6t.jpg

Edited by JaidynReiman

A bunch more to add.

Broken Age --- Vita 100%

Oh dear... Where did it all go wrong. This had so much hype and so much potential, but my god it turned into one of the most boring point and click games I've ever played. 

The gimmick in this is... well I don't wanna spoil it for you, but the two characters are connected in some way, only the reveal is more of a 'huh' as opposed to an 'Ohhhhhhh' 

It's a shame because it looks nice, some of the voice acting is really good... but it's just boring.

Race The Sun --- Vita 100%

This was quite a lot of fun if not sometimes infuriating game to play, The problem is that every 24 hours the level changes, meaning you can't learn a stage before it changes and sometimes it radically changes. 

But that said, the game is pretty good, especially if you abuse the systems clock function and stick to one level. 

The Swapper --- Vita 100%

Gameplay wise, it's brilliant, story/interest wise, it's another dull one. It starts off being really interesting, almost has a 2001 A Space Odyssey vibe, but for some reason it just looses any interest by the time you get halfway through it. 

The gameplay though is great, you effectively create clones of yourself and swap your concious into them in order to solve puzzles. It's a really cool mechanic but... it just gets old.

Counter Spy --- Vita 100%

Brilliant. Love it. Fantastic. You play as a spy set in a 60's cold war era, you have to get through an enemy base/bunker to disarm the defcom computer, whilst stealing launch plans for their nuclear weapons. The levels get progressively higher and there is no set amount, it depends on how well you do in a level as to how many stages you'll play. Meaning end game can get quite intense.

More games!

cgqCMnW.png

SONIC COLOURS; gonna save my words on this, as I'm due to explain my thoughts on it in-depth another time. But it's... a game.

0KqzJs2.pngqEDibAi.png

SONIC RUSH; Before replaying this game, I'd somehow convinced myself I didn't like it at all. Upon replaying it... the hell was I thinking? Besides a very annoying final boss, this game was a blast to run through, and with a kicking soundtrack to boot. Really innovative and unique, and a fun time.

8WXKpeu.jpg

HATSUNE MIKU: PROJECT MIRAI DX; I love Miku, so this HAD to get completed. I've actually continued long after I achieved this; unlocked the Mikudayo helmet, on my way to getting the full suit. But getting 100%... nah. I'm not good enough! Still, I've put around 70 hours into this, so it's fairly obvious that I recommend it fully. 

Moar games on the Playstation !

Crash Bandicoot 2, not 100%

35cre4p.jpg

And Crash Bandicoot 3, not 100% either. That trilogy is still one of my favorites. Excellent gameplay, fantastic musics and lots of humour :)

20uwm74.jpg

Aaaaand Skullmonkeys. Fun game, nice graphics, but that difficulty in the later stages especially the last one !!

15ysp7d.jpg

zuif7l.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Shadow the Hedgehog, Gamecube.

2nkttt.jpg

sya1di.jpg

Sonic the Hedgehog, Xbox 360. All in all, I prefer this one over Shadow... well I'm in the minority, as I like this game and this might be the fifth time I beat it :)

10fnbiw.jpg

s2ru6g.jpg

Super Mario 3D Land, 3DS. Boring, boring boring game.

302z8nm.jpg

2ln8hux.jpg

This took for fucking ever.

Assassin's Creed Syndicate (Ubisoft, played on Xbox One)

rC1p2uH.png

First the negative in that they need to stop with this modern story bullshit, I don't care and I don't think anyone else cares. Now onto the actual shit people care about, the killing of people in a historically significant setting! I skipped Unity, so I don't know how bad that truly went but this game is a return to form, they purely focused on the single player campaign (there is no multiplayer), and they gave you two playable characters. Though they're not incredibly different, Evie does have benefits to the stealth approach while Jacob has benefits to the smashing everyone's heads in approach. An aside that seems significant to me is that the game actually has a trans character as one of Associates you can do side missions for, Ned Wynert. Rather than turn Ned into "This person is different! Look at them! Aren't we great for putting different people into our games?!" it actually doesn't really mention it at all, which I think is important when it comes to actually diversifying the characters you see in games. Treat them as normal people, not as some special thing you did!

Edited by Conando

Three more games for me.

Boxboy (3DS)

In Boxboy you can't unlock "World 5" until you beat all the main story missions first. And I beat World 5, too, and everything except TWO of the challenges which I'm unfortunately unable to beat. If I can beat them, though, I'll update this with 100% completion. Until then, at least I have beaten it.

AllWorlds_zpson9z9xnp.jpg

Cave Story (3DS)

Well, its Cave Story. Never did manage to beat it on PC and the 3DS version was on sale so I picked it up. I only beat the game on Easy, though, and I definitely won't 100% it...

CaveStory_zpswriq1yma.jpg

Skylanders Superchargers (Wii U)

Beat the final boss. Added the name of the final world in a spoiler tag, but I'm definitely not getting 100% on this. Too much money. :P But I beat it.

SkyEater_zpszw37lksu.jpg

Final two games will be Birth By Sleep HD and Donkey Kong Returns 3D. I will attempt to 100% the second, but the prior I definitely won't.

Puyo Puyo Tsu (Wii Virtual Console) Developed by Compile.

FcaWBra.jpg

First off, this is an improvement over the original game. I'd go as far as to declare it one of my faves, even. It definitely has some changes that would later becom standard for the series, and I like that.

Plus, the characters are as great as ever, so plus two. Sadly, there seems to be only descriptions...that I can't even read, but at least the voices and visuals make up for it, even if the former sound kinda grainy.

Sad thing is, my research indicates this isn't the best version; while the Mega Drive and Super Famicom versions of the original weren't significantly different (if my info's accurate, if you have one, you don't need the other), with this one, many of the ports after the Mega Drive version (which this is a port of) added new features to the experience, the one that sticks out to me being actual cutscenes for each character. The best one, I hear, is the PS2 version...which, predictably, never left Japan.

Still, it could be worse; we're lucky this came to the American Wii Shop Channel at all, and I still say it was well worth my time and money. I'll have to convince friends and family to get it in some form or another.

So if you have a Wii or Wii U, or heck, anything you can play it on...get it, especially if you haven't already. It deserves your attention.

Edited by SurrealBrain

Boom.

DRHsfyR.png

a822vYw.png

Undertale (PC, Toby Fox) True Pacifist Completion

I did actually buy Undertale pretty close to launch, but I didn't get around to it until now because...I don't really now. The idea of a rpg where you didn't actually have to do any fighting or gain any exp was interesting to me, especially since the option to avoid the fighting wasn't just avoid the enemies by hearing them out or giving them some encouraging words. If you haven't checked it out by now (which honestly I feel like the last one), then you should get on that if you like RPGs or even just like weird characters. Now I did the True Pacifist run, because fuck the Genocide run (I won't say what doing that one does but it's not really that great).

• Thumbs Up 2

Sonic Advance, GBA. Really a great game, I haven't played it in ages. I'm still bad at getting those emeralds though.

6zm04o.jpg

Super Mario 64, N64, all 120 stars !

28a01ol.jpg

UPDATED ;_; therearesomanyentries\

Surreal, I have no idea why none of your entrires are on there. I'll get to it as soon as I have more free time.

I've been so damn lazy the past few weeks, but here is my super enormous list of games I've completed since then.

Emily is Away (100%)

ec0b6855713ef1456a0c63f5f693b42e04eaec6c

Proof: http://steamcommunity.com/id/MeltingComet/stats/417860/?tab=achievements

It's a interesting game. Although not dynamically interesting from a gameplay perspective, it nails it's atmosphere well. My Review.

Dying Light

a2656cade3af57d07d0a9622d3b52745b26b2225

Proof: http://steamcommunity.com/id/MeltingComet/stats/DyingLight/?tab=achievements (Check "Bittersweet" achievement)

Dying Light is surprisingly really good, except for it's annoying story and quests. Pretty fun gameplay!

Batman: Arkham Knight

Proof:

eytfc6b.jpg

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=546532498

I don't exactly own Arkham Knight, but I can play it on my account. Master of Fear is the achievement for completing the game. I don't think I can bother to 100% it, ever. Haha. -My Review-

Life is Strange

Proof:

wsz6eZo.jpg

Only finished the first two episodes (Which I streamed with a few SSMBers!) . It's a pretty rad game, I do like how much more of a step it is as a adventure game vs. TellTale. It's not some stupid teen angst drama, it's a lot more interesting then that.

oh and uhhhhh

Undertale? - Pacifist

Proof:
Dz5cob9.png

http://imgur.com/AwtbNmd

Oh. My. God. This is officially my GOTY. Fantastic cast, memorable moments of tears and joy, and dynamic systems, this is more then just a game. And you should probably play it right now.

• Thumbs Up 1