Awoo.

The SSMB Community Game Night - Currently Closed for Reconstruction

Ryannumber1gamer

Just joined the roster. I've always been a speed freak more than a fighter so this should be interesting! 

Let's all just remember that there's no need to rush. It's not like this is a race.

I've just realised I'm actually not going to be around for the date and time we've set this on. I'm really sorry to be an ass, but I can't be there - hopefully you guys have another tourney sometime soon! 

I've just realised I'm actually not going to be around for the date and time we've set this on. I'm really sorry to be an ass, but I can't be there - hopefully you guys have another tourney sometime soon! 

Alright, here's the rule list for the tourney

-24 hour limit is in effect. If you need more time, ensure your partner is fine with it and then PM either me, Klonoa, Felix, Stricker, or Rucdose and tell us how much time you need.

-No DLC is Needed

-All Stages are legal, with the exceptions of Rainbow Road 8 and DLC courses

-150cc

-All Characters are playable

-3 Grand Prixes, best out of 3 wins. 

-All items are allowed, but no frantic mode is allowed.

Also, we want you to send highlight reels to either me, Klonoa, Rucdose, Felix, or Stricker.

If there is anything else you need clarified, then let us know.

I guess I'll be joining up, then, since nothing is going on today after all. Don't expect to win, but it seemed like you guys were a player short from an even number, anyways.

A bit disappointed it'll be a 1 vs 1 and 150cc tournament only, though. I drive best in a fresh pile-up of chaos. :P

Notice: If the board isn't back online after the update by 7:30 EST/12:30 GMT tonight, the tourney start ups will be delayed until tomorrow. 

• Thumbs Up 1

BEEP BOOP BEEP BOOP, NEWS UPDATE

lCF6fPO.png

That's right! Alongside the upcoming MK8 How to Play, I'm pleased to announce the Development of How to Play with SSMB 202: Electric Boogaloo!

I'm going to structure it alike to the last How to Play, meaning that YOU (yes, you) can submit your best replays and get them featured in the video! Since this is a standalone video, it isn't restricted this time to replays from the Tourney! I'd like to get the video done for at least say, the 12th of August or such, so I'm gonna set a submission deadline! And that is..

Submission Dates:
Begins: NOW - Ends: 1st August!
Send your replays/friend requests to NNID "DevoMako" to properly submit them! I'm gonna be limit the number of replays send via each person to at least 4. No spamming, please!

GET READY TO SMASH!
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm officially announcing that the MK8 Tournament will happen tomorrow due to the server upgrade and etc. We will notify all contestants til then.

• Thumbs Up 1

BEEP BOOP BEEP BOOP, NEWS UPDATE

lCF6fPO.png

That's right! Alongside the upcoming MK8 How to Play, I'm pleased to announce the Development of How to Play with SSMB 202: Electric Boogaloo!

I'm going to structure it alike to the last How to Play, meaning that YOU (yes, you) can submit your best replays and get them featured in the video! Since this is a standalone video, it isn't restricted this time to replays from the Tourney! I'd like to get the video done for at least say, the 12th of August or such, so I'm gonna set a submission deadline! And that is..

Submission Dates:
Begins: NOW - Ends: 1st August!
Send your replays/friend requests to NNID "DevoMako" to properly submit them! I'm gonna be limit the number of replays send via each person to at least 4. No spamming, please!

GET READY TO SMASH!

i've sent you a bunch of replays already because i suspected this would be the case. USE THEM

Yes, as Klonoa said, due to the board upgrade, the tourney has to be delayed until tomorrow.

Is there any update on when things are starting up? Just wanting to make sure I've not missed anything.

Is there any update on when thing's are starting up? Just wanting to make sure I've not missed anything.

It's starting tonight at 7:30pm EST/12:30am GMT

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait; so will the playing period be from 7:30 PM tonight, to 7:30 PM tomorrow night? I thought that there'd be a 24-hour timeframe, as in a single, start-to-finish day.

Also, should the Gran Prix have CPUs, and if so, what level? Are mushrooms only allowed?

Wait; so will the playing period be from 7:30 PM tonight, to 7:30 PM tomorrow night? I thought that there'd be a 24-hour timeframe, as in a single, start-to-finish day.

Also, should the Gran Prix have CPUs, and if so, what level? Are mushrooms only allowed?

Rule List:

-24 hour limit is in effect. If you need more time, ensure your partner is fine with it and then PM either me, Klonoa, Felix, Stricker, or Rucdose and tell us how much time you need.

-No DLC is Needed

-150cc

Also, we want you to send highlight reels to either me, Klonoa, Rucdose, Felix, or Stricker.

No CPUs and All items. 

and as we said, there is a 24 hour time frame, but if there is a issue and you require more time, you must send either me, Klonoa, Felix, Rucdose, or Stricker a PM and explain that you need extra time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Rule List:

No CPUs and All items. 

and as we said, there is a 24 hour time frame, but if there is a issue and you require more time, you must send either me, Klonoa, Felix, Rucdose, or Stricker a PM and explain that you need extra time.

Should probably add those two details to the list; setting up a match without those rules can get a little confusing.

But just for clarification, the 24-hour time frame does only go from 7:30 PM EST today to 7:30 the next day, and any matches started before that time are invalid? I'm betting it's the case, but I'd just like conformation just so that I don't mess anything up.

Should probably add those two details to the list; setting up a match without those rules can get a little confusing.

But just for clarification, the 24-hour time frame does only go from 7:30 PM EST today to 7:30 the next day, and any matches started before that time are invalid? I'm betting it's the case, but I'd just like conformation just so that I don't mess anything up.

Yes. The time the matches must be done is between 7:30pm today until 7:30pm tomorrow.

• Thumbs Up 2

Alright everyone. The tourney has officially begun. Best of luck to everyone playing. The matchups are currently

-Dejimon11 Vs LiamTheAnimator

-Penny's Joy Vs Felix

-ForteMetallix Vs The Deleter

-Stricker Vs Jords

I would also like to remind you guys of the rules.

-No DLC is Needed

-150cc

Rule List:

No CPUs and All items. 

If you need anymore help, feel free to send either me, Klonoa, Stricker, Felix, or Rucdose a PM.

With that said, START YOUR ENGINES, AND GET READY TO RACE!

• Thumbs Up 1

We haven't fully talked about it, but we might push the tournament a bit back because of Mr. Iwata's death. We'll give you full details shortly, but let's not play at a time where we are supposed to be appreciating the many things a man gave us, hmm?

EDIT: We've decided to move the tournament to another day. Stay tuned for more details.

Edited by Inkling no Klonoa
  • Thumbs Up 1

Notice: As Klonoa said, we've decided that the Mario Kart 8 tourney will be further delayed until this Sunday due to the unfortunate passing of Mr.Iwata. Due to his passing, a lot of people, myself included just don't feel like playing it right now and just need time to recover from this news. For those excited about the tourney, I'm really really sorry about having to delay this further.

• Thumbs Up 3

New announcement!

To shorten the length of the World Championships, both the Halo and TF2 tourney will be out of the loop. Should we have tournaments for these again it'll be done at another time. Mario Kart 8 will be the last game to have a tourney here at the SSMB's World Championship 2015. Following the tourney we'll come back to the topic of restructuring Game Night and finding ways to boost the number of players as well as expand upon the number of games playable.

We're pushing the date back to 7/19/15, two days from now! The Mario Kart 8 Tourney is returning, and you can still join!

Show me some shiny prizes Klonoa

Currently, our only prize line-up are a slew of Steam games. We unfortunately don't have anything else to provide at the moment other than Steam games. The two final players will get to pick from these prizes (And if they don't have a Steam account, will need to provide an email for them to receive the code and download Steam)

-Retro/Grade (A Reverse Shoot-em-up in the vein of rhythm-based games)

-Polarity (A first-person puzzle platformer similar to Portal, with a full co-op campaign)

-Orion: Prelude (A Cheap First-Person Shooter that's improved since it's disastrous launch)

-Defy Gravity: Extended (A Side-Scrolling platformer where you use a special weapon to manipulate gravity.

-Gun Monkeys (A 1v1 Arcade Game, well known for being the multiplayer game that nobody plays)

We'll also provide more details in the future regarding badges. Because of the new IPB4 Upgrade, it'll be awhile before these will come. There is no guarantee on badges for both Smash and MK8 participants will come as of now.

I'll provide more later. Hop on in the tournament and race on!

Other Reminders: How to Play with SSMB 202 is ending on August 1st. Send your badass Smash replays to Rucdose (NNID: DevoMako)!

The tournament is now on! Participants, visit the Challonge Bracket for your opponent!

Hey gang. I have to announce something today that I really, really don't want to announce, but I have to. No other way around it, so I'm just gonna jump straight into the middle of it.

How to Play with SSMB 202: Electric Boogaloo is cancelled.

The reason why it has been cancelled you can find in this spoiler tag

So, last Wednesday, my cousins came over to my house as my aunt helps me out with tending my garden sometimes. To keep them busy, I set them up with some MK8 and left them to it. Then, about 10 minutes later, I hear a thud. A biggish one. I go back into the house and into my room and find my Gamepad, face down on the floor with it's screen completely smashed. Completely.

So, seeing as I could send it off to Nintendo's support thing, I setup a support thing and sent the broken Wii U over to my brother so that he could send it out the next morning, but as I told him that the screen was completely broken, he had the greatest of ideas NOT to send it to Nintendo, but instead, HE TOOK IT, TO THE FUCKING DUMP. HE GOT RID OF IT, EVEN THOUGH I WAS COMPLETELY FINE OF SENDING IT TO THE PEOPLE WHO CAN ACTUALLY, Y'KNOW, FIX IT.

I fucking told him off and all he says is "shouldn't of broke it in the first place". I'm so fucking pissed even typing this right now, I SHOULDN'T, BUT I AM.

So here I am, a week later. I have no Wii U, no way to record the footage I need for the next two HTPWS, and I don't know what to do. I like to go Digital on my consoles/PCs, so that means that since Nintendo's services are fucked up, I can't buy a new Wii U and get all my stuff back on it, I need to start all over again with a new NNID and such and repurchase all of my shit. But seeing as I don't even keep most of my wages lately as most of it goes to other places, I won't have enough money for a new Wii U for a gooood while.

I cannot begin to apologize enough. I never, ever wanted this to happen, but it has. And because of which, I won't be able to complete it nor be able to upload Wii U-related tournament footage in the future. I'm not completely sure on the status of HTPWS:MK8 yet, due to us using Highlight Reels for that, but I wouldn't feel content on making that when people were really looking forward more to the 202 one. That and I'd prefer to get footage of my own races to use, but you know, can't now.

I, in the future, am gonna wait until I start recording footage for it until I announce stuff. Stay tuned for future updates, I guess.

• Thumbs Up 2

As a quick reminder, after the Mario Kart tourney, Game Night will be taking a brief hiatus in order to restructure and reorganize.

Alright folks. That is a wrap. The grand victor of our Mario Kart tourney is......

FELIX!

And in second place is FORTE-METALLIX

Klonoa will be in touch so you guys can pick your prizes!

And I would also like to extend a massive thanks to everyone who took place in both the Smash and Mario Kart tourneys. It was a load of fun playing with you guys, and I hope you guys got some fun out of both tourneys!

And with that said, it's now time to discuss Game Night as a whole. 

We said a few months back that we were going to have to restructure Game Night as a whole, and we didn't want to leave you guys without anything for a few months so that's why we came up with the SSMB World Championship tourneys, which have thankfully been a success, even if we have to cut out the TF2 and Halo tourneys for the minute.

With that said, we are now putting our full focus on getting the event restructured. I've been unbelievably happy with how well Game Night's been turning out and expanding, with the new Game Night staff members, and even getting our own Youtube channel and everything. I'm extremely happy we actually managed to turn an idea which was seemingly hard to pull off into something that a lot of members have fun with. Have we had some low points so far? Sure, we have. But we are now fully focused on getting this whole thing restructured for the better. 

But with that said, I'm sorry to say, that Game Night needs to go on a brief hiatus for a week or two so we can get our full focus on restructure now that the tourneys have ended. I know this might suck, but it's needed, and hopefully we can come back bigger, and better than ever before.

That said, I am going to ask you guys to extend feedback for us from this point onwards so we can fix issues, and I'd also like to announce another thing.

We want to offer a few members to join the Game Night staff, which will include stuff like helping us decide games, discussing Game Night details and a lot more, so if you want to lend a hand, feel free to let us know.

That said, I have only one question.

Are you a kid or a squid?

#FORESHADOW :^)

• Thumbs Up 1