Awoo.

The SSMB Community Game Night - Currently Closed for Reconstruction

Ryannumber1gamer

Guess what?

Game Night is returning! This week, we'll go at another round of fun, but we're going to need all of your help on how to properly organize this event.

We need you to answer the following questions. These will influence this week's Night and future events. We've got plans for things like leaderboards and incentives for participating.

1. What's the best day of the week you can join? (While it is summer, we're asking about a typical week when people aren't on Summer Break.)
  2. What is a good time for you? (If possible, please convert it to EST ;))
  3. What is the game you want to play here the most?
  4. If there's one piece of feedback you have from the past events, spit it out! We need all the info we can get to help the event.

Also, I've set up a chatzy room as well! This should help with communication in our battles a bit faster! 

Here it is!

So, let's clear a few things up.

Tell us about this grand restructure you have in mind?

If you haven't noticed, having a Game Night to set up is brisky hard. We're very busy people, so if we slip up a day in trying to get the thing set up, it's pretty sure chaos will ensue.

Our first goal is to attract more into participating weekly. We've got ideas, in particular I might do a kind of achievements/leaderboards thing. We've got some interesting ideas that may interest Game Nightees, but for now, we're more focused on handling events.

Managing Events is difficult, especially during the school year for most of us. I'm sure you can tell that Game Night would had almost never been a thing due to how busy everybody was. We'll try to bring up the pace and plan in advance, because our structure would had been ok from the start if we didn't allow all sorts of issues to crop up.

Regarding Encores, we're revamping it. We're going to now have 2 separate games running at the Game Night, but not at the same time. Our goal is to not make either game take too much attention to the point where people have to struggle which to join. In cases like say, Mario Kart and Smash, you can play the main event (Mario Kart), and hop onto the next one (Smash). For situations like Smash U VS Smash 3DS, Smash 3DS would end up being the Encore event.

It's hard to select a good list of games when so many people have this one game and nobody has the other. So for now, we're going to change the list. The document is sort of out-dated atm, but we'll revamp it to reflect this change. Your answer for Question 3 will determine the selection of games we'll put up. Our voting system is here to stay but it's going to do less "Something New" and more "Rematch". Just no Smash twice in a row, ok :P

You've mentioned badges regarding the Tourney?  And Prizes?

Badges is a itchy subject since when we approached the admins on it, they were (And still are) busy on updating/implementing the badges. We'll have updates on when we can get badges for both the SSMB World Championships 2015 and typical Game Night events overall. Our ideas for badges include Participant, Winner of World Championships Smash, Winner of Mario Kart 8, and Runner-up for Mario Kart 8. We also want to give badges to everybody who participated in the original test run dating as far back as April. Of course, they're all ideas, and we can't go badge happy.

Regarding the prizes for the tournament, both Felix and Forte-Metallix have yet to claim their prizes, which they've already picked.

but splatoon

Unfortunately, our plans to play Splatoon following our return were cut due to the new Splatfest taking place this weekend. We'll do it next week, I swear.

Game Night Crew? Who's in there?

I've got a full updated list on those helping out on the event, including:

-Me (Co-Manager)

-Ryannumber1gamer (Founder)

-Felix (Co-Manger)

-Strickerx5 (Co-Manager)

-Rucdose (Video Guy)

Spread the word guys! Your help and responses are crucial to the integrity of this event. We'll see you on Saturday!

Edited by Inkling no Klonoa
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sweet! Can't Wait for It!

Can you answer the questions above? Would really help us:

1. What's the best day of the week you can join? (While it is summer, we're asking about a typical week when people aren't on Summer Break.)
  2. What is a good time for you? (If possible, please convert it to EST ;))
  3. What is the game you want to play here the most?
  4. If there's one piece of feedback you have from the past events, spit it out! We need all the info we can get to help the event.

First, I Just Joined The Forums so I'm New to This!

1. Saturday and Sunday!

2. Anytime in The afternoon.

3. Pokemon, Smash Bros or MK8!

4. Like I Said, I'm New Here! So I Don't know What to Tell You.

1. Fridays are usually the best time for me.

2. 7 CST (Convert to 8 EST) but I'm chill with any time.

3. SPLATOON (or Team Fortress 2, I don't have many multiplayer games)

4. I never tried this before so yea. I heard the way of communication is a tad strange though?

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, can you please be more specific towards Question 1 and 2? Try to narrow it down to at least one time and one day.

4. I never tried this before so yea. I heard the way of communication is a tad strange though?

Our old communication method was PM chats here on the forum, but one of the major things we've been working on with the restructure is a new chat method.

1. Friday

2. 6pm

3. Smash 3ds

The one suggestion I have is if possible have like a 3ds night. Honestly the previous game nights for the majority of the time were wii u focused only with a couple of pc games nights . the 3ds is the only console I have capable for online play. My laptop and pc are more programmer focused and arent dedicated to online. I want to participate but the last game nights for the most part made me feel left out.

• Thumbs Up 1

The one suggestion I have is if possible have like a 3ds night. Honestly the previous game nights for the majority of the time were wii u focused only with a couple of pc games nights . the 3ds is the only console I have capable for online play. My laptop and pc are more programmer focused and arent dedicated to online. I want to participate but the last game nights for the most part made me feel left out.

Our plan is to remove those nights entirely. We don't want to split it up between Wii U players, 3DS players, and PC players. We'll try and mix and match.

• Thumbs Up 1

1.)  Saturdays probably, though any day is fine

2.) 8:30 PM EST/7:30 PM CST

3.) Smash U, Mario Kart 8, Splatoon I guess, and.... uh, Rocket League... even though I don't have it yet.

4.) Eh, just make it have games that I can play. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1. What's the best day of the week you can join?

My gaming days are usually on Thursdays, but Fridays work too.

2. What is a good time for you?

10AM-3PM EST works well for me. Since in my time it's 5PM-10PM, which are my usual gaming hours. Unfortunately, any other hours I can think of are graveyard hours. It would either be too late for you guys, or too late for me. 

3. What is the game you want to play here the most?

Splatoon would be a blast, and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. I don't play the latter much anymore, but would love to get into it again. 

The only complaint I had was it being way too late for me to join. But I'm just a silly European. :V 

• Thumbs Up 2

1. Pretty much any day, really, though the weekend (say, Fridays or Saturdays) would probably be best.

2. Around 8-9 PM EST. It Can be later or earlier, if need be.

3. Sm4sh 3ds or TF2. (Sorry, I'm boring lol)

4. Never participated, but I'd like to give it a try.

...Oops! :P

1. Any day...Tho I'd perfer not Friday night if I had to make a preference!

2. 2EST-8EST (it is called "game night" right) if its on a weekend I can go an extra hour! aaaand sometimes I'd be confy starting at 8EST I suppose!

3. I Wanna Be The Boshy...oh great noone cares about that game...uh...if there is enough interest (4 people I guess will do, plus its co-op!) I can host my own stream! Tho I already know the winning game is gonna be Smash 4 or some other Wii U game I don't own (I have Smash 4 tho), cause we all need that competitive multiplayer amiritegiuse!!!! *sarcasm*

4. I'll just um...

Suggestions: Why can't we skype during this? No seriously! I know some people "will not want to" but still, playing a game with someone is much more fun when you can actually talk to the person in real time! Plus if one of us streams it (its probably gonna happen, but whatever.) People who are not playing can chat in or possibly join the skype call as an observer!

And here's the big one:

Races...

Like good gosh, I do not see why this isn't fitting! Think of the possiblilties! The glorious fun of playing a single player game combined the utter joy and social enthusiasm (and competetion of course!) of playing a multiplayer game...at least that's how I see it! It doesn't have to be a whole group of people, it could just be 2 people at a time so everyone can keep up with whats going on (unless i'm severely underestimating everyone's knowledge of one another/ability to multitask!) We can even have blind races too! I mean just look at how successful this can be at its prime!!!!

Look at this S**t!

(it's like watching 2 let's plays at once!)

You don't get commentary like THAT everyday! Anywhoo...I was originally going to make my own topic about this, but i'm willing to see how well it can be incorporated here first! If this entire idea goes to waste, I'll try to host it myself I suppose! (Saturday at 2EST, Twitch=Alienrun42) Do tell me if your interested!

...and no i'm not trying to steal attention or anything, I do hope we can all have fun in the end! So Cheers to everyone I suppose...or whatever the heck I say here, you know what I mean! :P

Edited by Alienrun

Because not everybody has the gear and tools to get all of that shit you suggested working?

:/

Look, we're focused on having a event that's functional and working, and a event that everyone can have fun at. Chatzy is completely fine and it's even more painless than Skype to use. The SSMB Game Night staff are the moderators on the chat and we'll remove anyone who disrupts the room.

We do have the ability to stream PC games but no longer have the ability to stream Wii U games anymore. As for races, this will prevent tons of players from being able to participate due to lack of tools and the lack of people who own the games. I understand how cool races are, but that's not what Game Nights aren't about. They aren't Game Stream Nights (Join Untamed Heart for that, that is their Game Night) nor are they SGDQs, they are events where online users can interact and organize a play session together.

Answer Question 3 and 4 more properly. 4 was for people who previously participated in Game Nights (As evidenced by those who haven't previously participating not answering Question 4 fully) and 3 asked for a game, not for a rant. Answer them again please.

We do want people to see the action via streaming, and that's what we are talking about. We aren't prioritizing streaming right now due to the lack of said tools (On the Wii U side at least) and because we are busy getting the event back on it's feet.

*Mistakes*
  • Thumbs Up 2

3. I Wanna Be The Boshy...you happy?

Well thanks for clearing all that up! Which by the way IWBTB doesn't take up much RAM and I could stream it pretty easily (plus its free for pc!).

And seriously I don't see what's wrong with playing a co-op game! its still technacly multiplayer, I wouldn't mind playing for just 2 hours and then cutting it short cause everyone is tired of it! That's normal, it happens all the time when I go to a friends house and I wouldn't expect any different from strangers online!

...Except, you know, this is a GAMING forum...eh nevermind!

Also I can't seem to find this "Untamed Heart" guy! When I try searching for him I get: "There were no results for your search. Try broadening your criteria or choosing a different content area."

Oh yeah and OBS is free so...I don't see why tools would be a problem! (its a recorder, but you probably already knew that!)

Oh and yet again!!!! Skype is NOT painful! heck we could use "curse voice" which is pretty much skype but better and easier (and free, plus it only has voice chat which is all we need!) The only reason I brought up skype was cause that was the "thing" that everyone knew about the most! I'm not trying to ruin anyone's fun here, but playing with someone with out talking to them is pretty much the same as making a random friend on miiverse, and playing a bunch of smash games with them! (no offense to people who already know each other on here, but its a bit daunting for newbies like me...I am a nooby right?)

...thoughts peoples?

If you don't quit it I'll ask you to leave this thread and not join in future events because of how untailored they are towards you.

I told you that we have streaming tools, did you not read? We just don't have them for console games, which is way more popular during Game Nights. Plus, I'm not always active and despite how accessible OBS is nobody is going to watch a stream from somebody who's internet connection is about as great as Smash's Netcode.

We are fine with co-op games, not with single-player games where players hook up stuff to 1v1 each other. That's difficult, a mess, and something not a lot of us have.

For fucks sake you do realize the second most popular game we've played is Left 4 Dead, right?

Skype requires you to make an account. That takes about 5 minutes. Installing Skype as well (Since Web-based version is still in it's early days). Chatzy doesn't require an account and thus you could just enter a nickname and the password to join and you're good to go. I don't see what's the point in arguing, not everybody has Skype and in comparison Chatzy is way, way faster.

And I seriously don't have to help you find the most popular Klonoa community, do I?

http://untamedheart.us/

So you could re-read what I last said or you can just leave and not participate in our events.

• Thumbs Up 1

Please stop making a big deal about everything I am saying? I'm just trying to confirm stuff.

1. I specificly said skype FOR THOSE WHO WANT IT, if you don't, then fine, Chatzy it is!

2. Boshy is a free online co-op game by the way (as many people can join as they want)!

I do apologize for the advertising tho, even if that wasn't my intention!

You get mad at me for misinterpreting stuff...but I can't do the same?

Nevermind, we're over it, so yeah!

3. I Wanna Be The Boshy...you happy?

Well thanks for clearing all that up! Which by the way IWBTB doesn't take up much RAM and I could stream it pretty easily (plus its free for pc!).

And seriously I don't see what's wrong with playing a co-op game! its still technacly multiplayer, I wouldn't mind playing for just 2 hours and then cutting it short cause everyone is tired of it! That's normal, it happens all the time when I go to a friends house and I wouldn't expect any different from strangers online!

...Except, you know, this is a GAMING forum...eh nevermind!

Also I can't seem to find this "Untamed Heart" guy! When I try searching for him I get: "There were no results for your search. Try broadening your criteria or choosing a different content area."

Oh yeah and OBS is free so...I don't see why tools would be a problem! (its a recorder, but you probably already knew that!)

Oh and yet again!!!! Skype is NOT painful! heck we could use "curse voice" which is pretty much skype but better and easier (and free, plus it only has voice chat which is all we need!) The only reason I brought up skype was cause that was the "thing" that everyone knew about the most! I'm not trying to ruin anyone's fun here, but playing with someone with out talking to them is pretty much the same as making a random friend on miiverse, and playing a bunch of smash games with them! (no offense to people who already know each other on here, but its a bit daunting for newbies like me...I am a nooby right?)

...thoughts peoples?

Firstly, this isn't meant to be some extreme race style streaming. It's a cool idea, but this doesn't fit with anything for Game Night. One of the things as Klonoa said that we want to do is make it easy to join in, and not require much other than the game and the console itself. It's too much of a hassle to expect people to set up recording stuff just for a race which I doubt many would even do.

As for Skype, we considered it but a lot of people didn't want to use it (myself included) which is why we've opted for Chatzy. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Please stop making a big deal about everything I am saying? I'm just trying to confirm stuff.

1. I specificly said skype FOR THOSE WHO WANT IT, if you don't, then fine, Chatzy it is!

2. Boshy is a free online co-op game by the way (as many people can join as they want)!

I do apologize for the advertising tho, even if that wasn't my intention!

You get mad at me for misinterpreting stuff...but I can't do the same?

Nevermind, we're over it, so yeah!

For the record, I appreciate your suggestions but for the most part they're unrealistic, inconsiderate, and not helpful to improving our event. We've already settled on Chatzy. Nothing else, nothing less. If you want to use Skype, sure, but nobody gives a shit.

For the record I fucking know what Boshy is and I am taking that suggestion. I am not taking your attitude. Now will you please stop complaining about nonsense before I ask the mods to make you stop?

Please? God, this is just a simple fun event and you are the only one acting immature and wishy washy about it.

For the record, I appreciate your suggestions but for the most part they're unrealistic, inconsiderate, and not helpful to improving our event. We've already settled on Chatzy. Nothing else, nothing less. If you want to use Skype, sure, but nobody gives a shit.

For the record I fucking know what Boshy is and I am taking that suggestion. I am not taking your attitude. Now will you please stop complaining about nonsense before I ask the mods to make you stop?

Please? God, this is just a simple fun event and you are the only one acting immature and wishy washy about it.

How the heck do you know what my "attitude" is? The heck!

I made suggestions, you didn't like them, END OF FREAKING STORY!

Why does this bother you so much?! (I'll probably try to find some "skype buddies" at the event on chatzy on my own accord, just putting that out there so people will remember it.)

I made suggestions, you didn't like them, END OF FREAKING STORY!

If it was the end of the story, you wouldn't keep trying to get the last word in. If you want to run your own events on your own terms, you're free to do so. Stop trying to hijack this thread because your opinions on how to run this event didn't override the plans the people running the event already had. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Suggestion for a game.

Rocket League.

Reasons why: Aside from being a potential GOTY Rocket League is amazingly fun and anyone can just pick up and play it.

It was a PS+ freebie so most PS4 owners on SSMB own it by default. 

Secondly. It's also on PC and the requirements are not too high. 

Thirdly. It has cross play between PS4 and PC so even if there's only 1 guy with a PC version they can still play.

Fourthly. Aside from the PS4 share function. Rocket League has its own save reply and video editing function which means we can save/record our replays and make our own highlight reels. 

• Thumbs Up 5

Suggestion for a game.

Rocket League.

Reasons why: Aside from being a potential GOTY Rocket League is amazingly fun and anyone can just pick up and play it.

It was a PS+ freebie so most PS4 owners on SSMB own it by default. 

Secondly. It's also on PC and the requirements are not too high. 

Thirdly. It has cross play between PS4 and PC so even if there's only 1 guy with a PC version they can still play.

Fourthly. Aside from the PS4 share function. Rocket League has its own save reply and video editing function which means we can save/record our replays and make our own highlight reels. 

YES YES YES YES

THIS GAME IS ABSOLUTELY PERFECT FOR GAME NIGHT

This game is in. Expect to see it soon.

I'd have to take a look around to see what's available but I have been wondering if a Board Game Game night could have any potential. Obviously it'd be electronic versions of the games but I am curious as to how something like a big game on Monopoly would work out.