Awoo.

The SSMB Community Game Night - Currently Closed for Reconstruction

Ryannumber1gamer

Another notice. Due to not much notice or interest this week, along with a shortage of hosts due to Forte handling Mario Kart 8, and Klonoa being busy, Handheld's being cancelled until next week. We're replaying it with Team Fortress 2's MvM mode. So if you want to join in robot destroying fun or race against your fellow karters, that's starting soon!

Hey, I just tried getting on the TF2 server, but I got 'bad password'. Is the server off or the password changed?

Hey, I just tried getting on the TF2 server, but I got 'bad password'. Is the server off or the password changed?

That ended a while ago, we've got a full MVM party but you can watch us play since Klonoa's livestreaming it.

Out of sheer curiosity, who would be interested in Minecraft for Game Night?

Well I had fun with TF2.

Yeah it was a little quiet when we started shooting each other at first. It got really good during the MvM matches. I'll admit it was funny being taught how to play the game competitively. Gotta Kritz everyone! I will say its pretty fun to play Medic though so next time we do play I'll support ya.

As for Minecraft its a nah for me. I can't really stomach the graphical quality of it nor do I have it.

And that was a wrap!

Today marks the new introduction of Game Night Live, where we'll host livestreams whenever we do PC games. I'll be the host (And maybe Rucdose if possible), and whenever a PC game is being hosted (that I have at least), we'll host it live for everybody to watch! They'll be saved on my Youtube channel, and there's a full playlist for watching them! The quality isn't the best and It's probably for the best since I'd kill my internet if I went any farther.

Here's the playlist!

We had 8 people come in today, and had a full lobby for MvM at one point! It was a lot of fun, as you can see in the stream of us typing crazy and things. I have the tendency to do that.

not me. i don't have minecraft

:V

Alright. Thanks for the answer though. If the Minecraft base here isn't large enough we'll probably not dab into it.

Out of sheer curiosity, who would be interested in Minecraft for Game Night?

I would, although I haven't played it in forever. If someone can set up a survival server that would be so much fun with all of you guys.

Edited by Inkling no Klonoa

Well I had fun with TF2.

Yeah it was a little quiet when we started shooting each other at first. It got really good during the MvM matches. I'll admit it was funny being taught how to play the game competitively. Gotta Kritz everyone! I will say its pretty fun to play Medic though so next time we do play I'll support ya.

As for Minecraft its a nah for me. I can't really stomach the graphical quality of it nor do I have it.

Dude, that guy was full of crap, you were great as Medic. We also worked really well as a team, and I can easily say I had a lot of fun playing with you all!

...you guys would still be fooked without my beggers bazooka though. Just sayian :U

I would, although I haven't played it in forever. If someone can set up a survival server that would be so much fun with all of you guys.

I'm not really sure, but I'd say you could rent a server, like we did for TF2. Not sure though.

• Thumbs Up 2

Minecraft sever hosting costs money though :V

One of yah guys is gonna have to fiddle with making your own server, and worse case scenario try to dig up a free option

I have an idea. We could play World of Tanks! It's free (last time I checked anyway) like TF2 so yeah. 

Here's the site:

http://worldoftanks.com/

it's a pretty good game. i haven't played it in a long time, but it was still fun from what i remember.

I couldn't get into World of Tanks, but I can see it being a option. I'm not sure about it's ability regarding private servers or snuff like that

Sorry for the late update, it's been a rather busy few week for us all at Game Night, but Game Night's on, and we will be playing...

Main event: Smash U

Handheld Event: Smash 3DS

Encore: Splatoon.

As much as I hate to say it, Game Night's cancelled this week. We're severely understaffed with hosts this week and other issues have cropped up.

We apologize for last week's event, but we've got some more news!

This week's Game Night marks the return of Left 4 Dead 2, with Smash U/3DS being encore events! Same time, same day! Let us know if you're coming!

Edited by Inkling no Klonoa

Game Night is delayed/postponed til later tonight. There's been zero communication from the other staff and I'm currently eating out. More info later

Alright, time to get some word out.

For the next week or two, Game Night is on hiatus

Now before anyone asks or wonders, Game Night isn't cancelled and it's coming back, but currently, Game Night's hit some big problems. There's two big reasons why Game Night needs to go on hiatus. Firstly, with school starting back up, a few of the Game Night staff have been just extremely busy, myself included. Normally, it wouldn't be as big a reason, but that brings me to the second issue.

Game Night has been understaffed for far too long. We usually have a good few people for hosting games and such, but lately, no one has been responding to any of the Game Night staff's conversations, or offering to host games. To put it simply, the only people who have been able to consistently host a game has been me and Forte. Klonoa's been busy, and Rucdose left SSMB, and the others haven't really been replying to us, and as with what happened last night, I won't always be on in time to host for Game Night.

So that's more or less the story behind it. We've gotta take a hiatus and try to get some of these issues with hosting and such sorted out.

• Thumbs Up 2

I should bring some light to others regarding our situation: Game Night is not going away.

Currently, our problem is the lack of hosts. During the summer, plenty of people were here to play, but when Game Night originally started, we voted Saturday as a good time because of it being a more free day. We may change dates accordingly, but we're gonna still need you guys' help.

Shoot me a PM if you wish to be a "registered"  host. When a game we play is something you can host, we will immediately contact you and ask if you can help out for the event. I'm doing this so we can gauge who can help and who will do their best to participate at these events. The lack of players are sometimes dis-encouraging but this was never an entirely big night and the one thing we're focused on is getting at least 2 players on each night for it to be considered "successful".

We will take a hiatus on Game Night for awhile, but you may be able to speed it up if you let us know via PMs regarding support. Game Nights are starting to become more of a hassle to handle because of school starting, but hopefully we'll be able to get things back in a good pace and continue making these events as fun as ever.

Edited by Kaze no Klonoa
Too many grammer mistakes
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

Could we perhaps try Half-Life 1 or 2 Deathmatch? Or Counter-Strike: Source? Both are PC, and I know how to create dedicated servers for them if you need help.

That'd be really cool, although we are on a hiatus that'll probably last til later this year. Send me and Ryan a PM if you wish to discuss further.

• 2 weeks later...

So, it's TSS/SSMB's 15th Anniversary, Game Night was made for SSMB Community, that's cool I guess...

And it's Halloween, and Zombies are part of Halloween.

*a hand pops out of SSMB*

Wait, could it be....

IT'S REVIVED!

Alright, let's try this in a less silly, cryptic, and spooky way. GAME NIGHT IS BACK FOR A VERY SPECIAL EVENT! BECAUSE GAME NIGHT IS GOING TO BE CELEBRATING TWO THINGS THIS MONTH!

First is of course, TSS and SSMB's 15th Anniversary, which is why we've chosen this day to announce it to you all! Come celebrate the antics of our favourite hedgehog Sanic why we play some video games!

Secondly is the spooky month of Halloween, which is what this month's games are gonna be based around. What's the first game? Well what game's F2P and is practically famous for it's Halloween events?

zombies-610x502.jpg

Valve have brought back all six Halloween maps back for Team Fortress 2 this year, and we're gonna be playing them this time. It's free 2 play and an amazing game to get into the Halloween mood, so get TF2 downloading on Steam and get it ready for Halloween Hyjinks! 

But what if you want a more co-op experience? If you want a true survival game to get through the spooky night of tricks and or tricks? Well our Encore Event is going to be...

Left4Dead2.jpg

SO COME JOIN YOUR FELLOW SSMBERS ON THE 31st OF OCTOBER FOR SOME FUN HALLOWEEN ANTICS, AND CELEBRATE THE GOOD OLD TSS/SSMB TURNING 15 

Edited by Ryannumber1Scarer
  • Thumbs Up 1

#YES!

I'm ready to defeat the zombie menace in any game! I look forward to the return of the game night!

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm here to destroy some zombies! If I can get the time to join in, of course.

Also, Valve games. Classy.