Awoo.

The SSMB Community Game Night - Currently Closed for Reconstruction

Ryannumber1gamer

Reminder: Game Night starts tonight in 2 hours and 15 minutes, at 10:00pm GMT/6:00pm EST. Team Fortress 2 is Free 2 Play so get it downloaded and join us when the time comes!

Quick question Ryan.

Are we gonna be doing some MvM? Specifically Horde 666? I wanna throw in some helpful hints so we don't get yelled at like last time. lol

Quick question Ryan.

Are we gonna be doing some MvM? Specifically Horde 666? I wanna throw in some helpful hints so we don't get yelled at like last time. lol

We'll see how it goes, but I'd be up for MvM. I've done the Halloween map before so I'm experienced with it.

I might join (depends on when we go out to trick-or-treat), but just in case, how do you join this game specifically? Sorry if this was said before, I looked and couldn't find it...

Don't panic, we got the server reserved! I'll provide details in a short bit, but the server is set to the manor event. If you wish to instead try MvM or the new Halloween maps, let us know.

However, I should note that I will have some difficulties being able to participate, and thus my ability to stream will be severely limited. Either I'm not participating or I'm killing my bandwidth to stream the game onto my computer while my computer is streaming it to the web. I'll let you know how it goes, but I won't be able to really participate beyond the 6 PM mark, which is where trick-or-treaters will be at my house!

I might join (depends on when we go out to trick-or-treat), but just in case, how do you join this game specifically? Sorry if this was said before, I looked and couldn't find it...

Do mean like joining the game servers?

If so we'll send an invite at your way via Steam.

• Thumbs Up 1

Do mean like joining the game servers?

If so we'll send an invite at your way via Steam.

for our server reservations, we'll also provide the IP and Password to hop on in, so that's cool. For MvM or whatever other thing we do we'll organize it differently

• Thumbs Up 1

For the Halloween maps which required a server reservation, Klonoa will post full instructions near the start up time about how to join.

Only one of the Halloween maps will be playable though, which is the one that originated from 2010. Any additional ones like the new maps from this year will require some organization to get going with the rest of SSMB.

Revealing full details now:

Server: servedal10.tragicservers.com:27015

Password is SSMB

We'll see you on there in less than 15 minutes! We will be making a PM shortly to organize things!

I won't stay for the whole event as my other computer can't really run TF2 as well, and I'm not too sure about streaming because what I'd do is just place myself into spectator and such. I'll hopefully have whatever streaming thing up by 5:30 PM EST

Alright, so Game Night has officially ended, and we had a total of 7 SSMBers, as well as three or four other players who wanted to join but couldn't due to long download times for Team Fortress 2 or other things.

First off, I wanna thank @Mae @ElectricAngel, @Spin Attaxx. @October Rust @TheUltimateSilverFanBoy @GamerGirl54321, as well as @Spooky Scary Skeletaras, @DBZEdgy who wanted to come, but couldn't due to the mentioned issues. 

Despite some setup issues, we got things up and running smoothly enough, and overall, I had a ton of fun, even if we had to do a last minute Encore change from L4D2 to Man Vs Machine. As a certain character would say.

But anyway, enough of my quotes and thank yous. Me and Klonoa want your feedback so we can get this back up and running fully. Right now, we're recruiting Game Night staff, so if you're interested in helping us decide games, handle votes, and host a game or two if you have it, let us know.

We will also announce the main event for next week later this week, but for right now I can confirm that next week's Encore will be Team Fortress 2: Man Vs Machine! If you don't have it, Team Fortress 2 is free to play, so get it ready and downloaded for next week!

• Thumbs Up 6

Yeah, I would've joined, but it's been 5 hours and it only got done with 2 GB.

Definitely next time though

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, I would've joined, but it's been 5 hours and it only got done with 2 GB.

Definitely next time though

We're playing TF2 next week again for Encore, so feel free to join! Just make sure you have it downloaded and ready this time lol 

• Thumbs Up 1

So I've not played TF2 prior to this, and despite some issues (not knowing what to do or how to use the chat/controls etc) I eventually got to grips with it and had a really fun time. I am in love with Pyro burning robots en masse now.

Basically 10/10 would play again.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I've not played TF2 prior to this, and despite some issues (not knowing what to do or how to use the chat/controls etc) I eventually got to grips with it and had a really fun time. I am in love with Pyro burning robots en masse now.

Basically 10/10 would play again.

Hopefully we'll see you next week for MvM! We need to get your Pyro more robots!

• Thumbs Up 1

Of course you couldn't get the one where I went head first against the robots all the while dancing XD

I wasn't able to join in, because of a ban off the computer that my parents made. :(

But hey, looks like ya'll had some fun. That's what matters!

MAIN EVENT @10:00pm GMT/6:00pm EST ON SAT 7th NOVEMBER:

main-wiiu-logo.png
Smash Bros for Wii U
ENCORE EVENT:@12:00am GMT/8:00pm EST ON SAT 7TH NOVEMBER:
E757249ED82FEEA365FB658897460CC481715D3D
By popular demand from last week's event, Team Fortress 2 Mann Vs Machine!
Edited by Ryannumber1gamer
  • Thumbs Up 2

If you are coming to Game Night tonight for either Smash U or Team Fortress 2 Mann Vs Machine, please let me know in advance so I can add you to the PM. We're trying to get set up ASAP tonight.

Experienced my first Game Night, and I wasn't disappointed! I had a ton of fun, and I realized that I'm actually somewhat competent in Smash!

It's simply...

Fantastic.gif

• Thumbs Up 3