Awoo.

SSMB Movie Nights: Every Saturday Evening! | On Hiatus Until Further Notice

NCqeF0v.png

+1 if you noticed the new logo.

Yo, the forum's finally back after being in limbo for about a week. You know what that means? Movie nights are officially back as well, my fellow comrades! Unfortunately, Winston, my beloved co-host, has been banned from SSMB, and won't be assisting me on movie nights due to a lot of things going on with his life. However, he's the one who started this with me, so his name will always be in the Movie Night logo!

For anybody who's relatively new to the community or otherwise, the gist of SSMB Movie Nights is to allow all of us to just come together on a Saturday during the weekend, and just have fun together watching a movie. A simple getaway from everything else you're dealing with, and getting a chance to be with fellow SSMBers while hopefully enjoying the film that is being shown, while being able to share your reactions and thoughts on it with others.. What's not cool about that? Now, it's time for me to go over the rules, along with some important tidbits you might want to keep in mind:

• All SSMB Movie Nights take place every Saturday evening, at 5:00 PM EST. Since most of you all are live in the UK or somewhere close, that's 10:00 PM GMT. I wanted to choose a time that's fair game for people on the western and eastern sides of the world, not too late, not too early. Although all designated SSMB movie nights take place on Saturday, some special streams of films might take place on Friday if I feel like showing a movie outside of Movie Night. Watch out for those if you ever wanna attend those.
  • Leading up to the Saturday showing of a film, you'll be voting for what film you want to see that day through a Google Doc listing all the films for a specific theme, and you'll say which film you want to watch in a status update that's linked in that document. Previously we had polls, but people abused them to the point where we decided it wasn't fair for others to deal with vote bots ruining the fun for everybody else.
  • There's a document in Google Drive right here so you can view what future themes I have planned in the coming weeks (not to mention it helps us keep track of what was done and what isn't). You can also put your own themes here if you want us to take them into consideration for later!
  • All movie night streams take place here at MOTOBUG, SSMB's definitive streaming service! There's a chat there alongside the player showing the movie, so you can chatter freely with others while watching! We also have a Skype chat for Movie Nights to discuss future plans and the like, so if you want to be in it, just send me a PM or ask me if I have you on my Skype contacts.

That's all I gotta say about that, hope to see you all at the movies, SSMB!

Edited by Felix
  • Thumbs Up 5

So will tomorrow's movie be a repeat of Curse of the Were-Rabbit since SSMB suffered Total Existence Failure for half a week?

I wouldn't have thought anything would have been on seeing as there was no poll. I think the next poll starts tomorrow? Or if not tomorrow, then on Saturday next week.

So will tomorrow's movie be a repeat of Curse of the Were-Rabbit since SSMB suffered Total Existence Failure for half a week?

That's the plan, yes. I'll do my best to get the word out that we're streaming the film again. After it is streamed, a new theme will be announced.

NEW THEME APPROACHING!

Experimental Disney Expedition

(a.k.a. Disney's Dork Age)

Here we are with the first new theme since the wipe, all the films of Walt Disney Animation Studios done from 2000-2008. If you're wondering why this period is known as their dork age, it's due to the fact most of these films were critical or commercial failures, and along with the the circumstances of CGI growing as a more prevalent animation method over hand-drawn films, caused for Disney to abandon traditionally animated films for a while until they tried again with Princess and the Frog and Winnie the Pooh... which led to them putting off traditional animation once again, sadly.

Most of the films made during this time period are quite different from what Disney usually does, to the point where some like Atlantis and Treasure Planet have amassed very dedicated cult followings over the years. You might see one film you grew up with if you were born in the mid-to-late '90s like me, in fact! And before you kill me for New Groove not being on here, it was streamed previously, so it's not on this list.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hm, I wonder what movie is in the lead right now. Hopefully it's Lilo and- *sees that Home on the Range is winning*

queen_elsa_meme_by_babybear_lovesfrozen-

• Thumbs Up 1

Hm, I wonder what movie is in the lead right now. Hopefully it's Lilo and- *sees that Home on the Range is winning*

queen_elsa_meme_by_babybear_lovesfrozen-

I was originally pissed at this outcome (especially since I wanted L&S or Treasure Planet to win :c), but I realize that if we're watching Home on the Range, we can at least successfully tear it a new asshole together. Bad movies are very fun to watch in groups after all.

I was originally pissed at this outcome (especially since I wanted L&S or Treasure Planet to win ;- ;), but I realize that if we're watching Home on the Range, we can at least successfully tear it a new asshole together. Bad movies are very fun to watch in groups after all.

True, at least we're not watching Chicken Little.

THE UNDESERVED WINNER FOR THIS WEEKEND'S MOVIE NIGHT IS...

Home on the Range

Starring Roseanne Barr, Judi Dench, Cuba Gooding Jr. and Steve Buscemi

Directed by Will Finn and John Sanford

enhanced-buzz-17522-1385930999-9.jpg

Join us at movie night this Saturday at 5:00 PM EST!

Thank you for voting, we hope you're looking forward to our next theme!

I swear to god I will hold you accountable for all this until your deaths.

• Thumbs Up 2

Believe me I did NOT vote for this! I said Treasure Planet. DX

Well now I don't know if I want to pop in and view the movie! I have suffered through half of it once, before giving up completely. Maybe this time I'll try...and...watch till the end? *twitch*

Believe me I did NOT vote for this! I said Treasure Planet. DX

Well now I don't know if I want to pop in and view the movie! I have suffered through half of it once, before giving up completely. Maybe this time I'll try...and...watch till the end? *twitch*

Just do what I'll do and view it as an opportunity to tear it a new arsehole along with a bunch of others willing the do the same. It'll make the experience much more more tolerable. xP

Just do what I'll do and view it as an opportunity to tear it a new arsehole along with a bunch of others willing the do the same. It'll make the experience much more more tolerable. xP

Okay then. XP Wonder if one person in the chat will actually enjoy it..? *shudder*

Also, this stream begins at around 9pm GMT right?

Okay then. XP Wonder if one person in the chat will actually enjoy it..? *shudder*

Also, this stream begins at around 9pm GMT right?

I think EST is GMT -5, so it'll be 10pm I think.

• Thumbs Up 1

By some miracle, the showing of Home on the Range had twenty people in attendance. That's the most attended movie night thus far, so I'd like to say thanks for everyone who joined in and gleefully ripped on the movie with me! Had tons of fun!

Anywho, we have a....

NEW THEME APPROACHING!

Disney's Riveting Revival

This is the last Disney related theme we'll have for a while, don't worry. Lots of people wanted this theme next after we did Disney's Dork Age, so here it is: the films of the Disney Revival, which began in 2009 with the release of The Princess and the Frog, and is going on at this very second! These films seen on the poll not only gave Disney quite an amount of box office success they haven't seen since the Renaissance, but wide success critically and have very well established them as a name to be reckoned with in the animation field after having many critical and commercial failures soil their name in the Dork Age. Princess and the Frog? Tangled? Wreck-it Ralph? Winnie the Pooh? Frozen? Big Hero 6? They're all here for your voting pleasure!

Can we just watch Treasure Planet only some time because it is a seriously criminally underrated movie that get's overshadowed by all of Disney's other creations.

• Thumbs Up 3

Can we just watch Treasure Planet only some time because it is a seriously criminally underrated movie that get's overshadowed by all of Disney's other creations.

We would have if people DIDN'T VOTE FOR FUCKING HOME ON THE RANGE OVER IT.

• Thumbs Up 2

What is wrong with you people?

In my case, I didn't vote (I would have picked Treasure Planet if I had been aware of the vote, but I think was doing something else at the time so it slipped under my radar).

I knew this was a thing, but I didn't even know what ti-Oh you guy always used the horror theme. If it was the Babadook...goddamnit; I missed seeing The Babadook again. That movie's hilarious, I love it. As for Home on the Range...it's one of the only Disney movies I haven't seen, and yet I'm still glad I missed the stream.

I knew this was a thing, but I didn't even know what ti-Oh you guy always used the horror theme. If it was the Babadook...goddamnit; I missed seeing The Babadook again. That movie's hilarious, I love it. As for Home on the Range...it's one of the only Disney movies I haven't seen, and yet I'm still glad I missed the stream.

I think it was Alien that week, no?

I think it was Alien that week, no?

Yeah, Alien was the winner that week. The wipe removed this whole topic, so there's not really anything to show it. We are doing horror films again during Halloween time, though!

Well, guess we're watching Frozen next Saturday. *sighs*

Oh no we ain't. Some fucker probably wanted to be cute and spam the poll.

• Thumbs Up 2

I voted for Wreck it Ralph. =T I s2g if we have to watch bloody Frozen...

I mean watching Home on the Range over Treasure Planet and Lilo & Stitch was bad enough but Frozen is something else!!

And here's my opinion on Home on the Range; it's a piece of shite. Bad animation quality, awful humour, mediocre songs (bar one), cliché story, a terrible Disney villain and forgettable characters. The Black Cauldron is better than this because at least it looked nice! Nothing is worse than Chicken Little though. >>