Awoo.

SSMB Movie Nights: Every Saturday Evening! | On Hiatus Until Further Notice

I was going to do this earlier this evening, but plans prevented me from announcing the winner. Now, without further ado...

THE WINNER FOR THIS WEEKEND'S MOVIE NIGHT IS...

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

Starring Kevin Conroy, Dana Delany, Hart Bochner, Stacy Keach, Abe Vigoda & Mark Hamill

Directed by Eric Randomski and Bruce Timm

70f29adaf54f75a839b2e18eba4ef692.jpg

Come visit us at movie night this Saturday at 5:00 PM EST!

Thank you for voting, we hope you're looking forward to our next theme!

• Thumbs Up 2

Yo, y'all know what time it is? It's time for a...

NEW THEME APPROACHING!

Hayao Miyazaki Matrimony

(Please vote for what film you want to see in this status!)

If you're into animation or films at all, chances are you've heard of Hayao Miyazaki, an animator, director and artist who co-founded Studio Ghibli. There's a good reason for why he's such an almost universally renowned name to so many anime enthusiasts, his films are gorgeously animated, have absolutely engrossing stories and fleshed out characters that you can sympathize with and root for. Not to mention most the protags to his films are young girls, who kick ass one way or the other. Miyazaki's also responsible for the only anime film to win the Oscar for best animated feature, which you all might know as Spirited Away! Watching a Miyazaki film is a wonderful experience, and it'll be great to share that with you all with this week's theme! 

• Thumbs Up 2

THE WINNER FOR THIS WEEKEND'S MOVIE NIGHT IS...

Kiki's Delivery Service

Starring Kirsten Dunst, Phil Hartman, Tress McNeille, Janeane Garofolo & Matthew Lawrence

Written and Directed by Hayao Miyazaki

2014021600183005f.jpg

(I really, really like this poster the most out of all the official ones made.)

Fly high and soar through the sky this Saturday at 5:00 PM EST!

Thank you all for voting, we hope you're looking forward to the next theme!

• Thumbs Up 1

Yoooo, it's that time of day again. We got ourselves a:

NEW THEME APPROACHING!

Rambunctious Robotfest

(Vote for your film choice in this here status, folks!)

Yeah, this is pretty self-explanatory from the title. Films about robots, cyborgs, androids, any sort of mechanical being. Batteries may or may not be included. Want big robots beating the shit out of each other? Pacific Rim, Real Steel, the original Transformers film, and Bayformers have you covered. Want some drama in your robot stories? Look towards A.I. and Blade Runner. In the mood for cyborg assassins from the future? The first two Terminator films are on this list! Just take a peek at the doc for yourself and vote!

Sorry I missed out, I was feeling a bit under the weather today, I had to take a nap. :/

If I'm not too busy, then next weekend for sure.

To everybody above who missed last week, it's honestly no problem. Just remember that there's always next week!

Since today's Friday, you all know the drill. Time to announce tomorrow's winner!

THE WINNER FOR THIS WEEKEND'S MOVIE NIGHT IS...

Pacific Rim

Starring Charlie Hunnam, Idris Elba, Rinko Kikuchi, Charlie Day & Ron Perlman

Directed by Guillermo del Toro

52665b5a76bfbd7f16d0c94abaa1b276.jpg

GO BIG OR GO EXTINCT this Saturday at 5:00 PM EST!

Thank all of you for voting, hope you're looking forward to 

what we have in store for our next theme!

• Thumbs Up 4

Pacific Rim was super fun to watch with all of you, thank you all for attending, and I'm glad all you first-timers had a blast watching it! But since it's all over, time to reveal the new theme for the week!

NEW THEME APPROACHING!

Precipitous Prequels

(Vote for the film you want here!)

Yeah, pretty damn obvious. Prequels to certain movies or movie series. The usual stuff is all here, including some rather famous examples such as the Star Wars prequels, The Hobbit, X-Men: First Class, and the 2009 Star Trek reboot! Oh my! Go ahead check out the doc and vote, comrades!

Phantom Menace, only because I haven't seen that Star Wars prequel for years and I want to show my boyfriend what it's like. XP

I really want to watch First Class again, so I'll vote for- *sees that phantom menace is winning*

• Thumbs Up 1

Welp, here we go...

THE WINNER OF THIS WEEKEND'S MOVIE NIGHT IS...

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Starring Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman,  Jake Lloyd & Ian McDiarmid

Written & Directed by George Lucas

WLpfpVE.png

Midichlorians. This Saturday at 5:00 PM EST!

Thank you all for voting, we hope you're

looking forward to our next theme!

• Thumbs Up 2

Guys.

Just Why?

WHYYYYYYYYY?

I actually enjoyed the prequels when I was younger. I want to see if I still do.

I loved the prequels as a kid, but I haven't watched any of them in years.  Watched one scene from Sith the other day and was shocked at how bad the acting was.  Like, even after hearing people say how bad it was, it was...AMAZINGLY bad.

So this is gonna be fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

Considering TPM was my first Star Wars film and the very thing that got me interested in the series in the first place, I can't bring myself to completely hate it if only for massive nostalgic purposes and that it has some enjoyable setpieces here and there even if they don't hold up an admittedly poor film. It also has my favorite score out of any Star Wars film, so I'll give it props on that front at least.

Oh by the way, I feel I should mention that I voted for Home on the Range just for the express purpose to see how many people would like to riff on it.

And I'd like to admit that I was the one who spam voted Big Hero 6 to win back when the Disney revival poll was being abused in favor of Frozen.....

It's something I've been wanting to get off of my chest for a while....

Oh by the way, I feel I should mention that I voted for Home on the Range just for the express purpose to see how many people would like to riff on it.

And I'd like to admit that I was the one who spam voted Big Hero 6 to win back when the Disney revival poll was being abused in favor of Frozen.....

C'mon guys, I forgive you and all but that seriously ain't cool. Good thing polls aren't a thing anymore, or else stuff like this would continue to happen which would ruin the fun for everyone.

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't worry, I'm sure everyone will just Let It Go.

:)

C'mon guys, I forgive you and all but that seriously ain't cool. Good thing polls aren't a thing anymore, or else stuff like this would happen.

Wait a second, I didn't spam vote or anything. I only casted one vote for Home on the Range. Of course I wouldn't spam votes. That's unfair.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm glad the polls are over and done with as well. Still you gotta wonder why the spam votes happened when the Disney Revival was the theme.