Awoo.

Amiibos (We all welcome Amiibros)

WhoWhatMan

CIeI2wYWcAAxZKz.jpg

The current collection, however GAME notified me this morning that Dr Mario and Bowser Jr is on the way so yay?

• Thumbs Up 2

Did I ever show off my collection? I don't think so...?

image.thumb.jpg.a661ee3c9d57e69628e16554

Well, there it is. Safely housed in a cabinet from Argos. Pretty snazzy, if I do say so myself.

No idea what I'll do about the Smash DLC and Mii characters though.

• Thumbs Up 3

tumblr_nrhh1bO0il1sz36jto1_1280.thumb.jp

Sooo GAME had Lucina in stock! There were two out today here where I am right now (still on vacation), there was a lot of others too like Zelda, Luigi, Little Mac, Marth, Ike, Bowser, Charizard, Wario, sadly all ones I already have apart from Lucina but hey, it's good to get something out of it all!

Sword actually isnt pressing against the packaging like Marth's. gg Nintendo, you learnt your lesson with Lucina now can you make the plastic section bigger for Marths? The Marths I looked at in GAME here today were all crooked in the sword too.

• Thumbs Up 3

I just got my Palutena in from an importer from Murfreesboro, TN. I'm currently waiting on Ganondorf, and on Pit and the Wii Fit Trainer (whom the seller of, may say that the two could be lost in a postal accident, since they should've been here by last week, and I have three days to wait for them.

http://t.co/nvPkEzdrNb

Palutena is Amazon Exclusive in the US.

Amazon has staff that are actually communicating with the customers about release dates, times and the like (stating that we'll know when she goes live in advance and her quantities will be more akin to that of Charizard [not rare at all]). They've also been one of the only retailers that has handled past releases very well on both sides of the border.

I'm pretty happy that they're getting an exclusive.

Amazon has staff that are actually communicating with the customers about release dates, times and the like (stating that we'll know when she goes live in advance and her quantities will be more akin to that of Charizard [not rare at all]). They've also been one of the only retailers that has handled past releases very well on both sides of the border.

I'm pretty happy that they're getting an exclusive.

If that's the case, could this be why they're getting an exclusive?

If that's the case, could this be why they're getting an exclusive?

Could be. Target seems to be the one retailer that hasn't been catching on to how to handle these products; Best Buy and Amazon have dedicated staff to assisting in these product launches and have made sure to have a huge amount of stock available for their launch windows. EB/Gamestop are still spreading themselves too thin and aren't going to be offering preorders for future waves because of their own bad decisions in the last one (launching online preorders on a holiday and having in-store ones beginning on the weekend following), but their restocks have gone exceptionally well considering their lack of direction.

Amazon and Best Buy are hands down the best retailers to get exclusives at this point. The rest are a frustrating mess.

Edit: I'd actually prefer Walmart to get exclusives over EB simply because of how shit they are at what they do. With Walmart, you can count on them having their stock when the stores open and not coming by courier at 2PM.

Edited by Chris

Eh... I'm conflicted. I'll agree with the fact that Amazon has been one of the best retailers when it comes to Amiibo but I'm still dead set against store exclusives in general. I mean, these are the only two Amiibo the US are getting for a while so why on earth do they need to be exclusives? Also, why did it have to be Palutena (and Dark Pit too)? ;_; I know rumors have it that she'll be pretty well stocked compared to others (which still isn't saying much) but I still think that's going to end up being a lie due to how detailed and obscure she is. I'm going to give myself the chance on the 24th to get one (have the app downloaded and everything just in case) but that $22 Japanese version isn't looking that bad all of a sudden... At this point, I don't even care about getting the NA versions of these things. Kid Icarus is too damn important to me for that DX. If it's past the time on the 24th and I keep refreshing to see a sold out button I'm instantly going for the JP version.

In terms of Best Buy, well... if you guys couldn't tell from my last post I have absolutely no faith in them. After the horrendous display that was Meta Knight (and wave 4 as well tbh) I'll be damned if I was going to leave my chances of getting a Dark Pit at a relatively decent price up to them. To me, they're one of the worse retailers out there for these things. Right down there with Walmart (which never have anything...) for me. Learned real quick to never put all my eggs into one basket with them. I'll visit them that Friday to see if there's still any left after opening but I'm definitely not going early.

but I still think that's going to end up being a lie due to how detailed and obscure she is.

You'll honestly be surprised. Over here in the UK at least, Palutena and Dark Pit have been stocked amazingly. I haven't walked into a single GAME that doesnt have several Palutenas and Dark Pits out and about.

Edited by Spinny
  • Thumbs Up 1

tumblr_nrhh1bO0il1sz36jto1_1280.thumb.jp

Sooo GAME had Lucina in stock! There were two out today here where I am right now (still on vacation), there was a lot of others too like Zelda, Luigi, Little Mac, Marth, Ike, Bowser, Charizard, Wario, sadly all ones I already have apart from Lucina but hey, it's good to get something out of it all!

Sword actually isnt pressing against the packaging like Marth's. gg Nintendo, you learnt your lesson with Lucina now can you make the plastic section bigger for Marths? The Marths I looked at in GAME here today were all crooked in the sword too.

I'm still waiting for Canada to restock some Robins and Lucina. Toys R Us had small restocks on Wave 1, 2 and 3 but not Wave 4.

I'm still waiting for Canada to restock some Robins and Lucina. Toys R Us had small restocks on Wave 1, 2 and 3 but not Wave 4.

Robin's being a nightmare to get in a lot of places, even online retailers like PlayAsia are really cranking up the prices for him. I say Wave 4 gets treated badly as a whole over here (and to be fair, it does, and it seems like it's the most terribly stocked wave in general worldwide) but Robin is the biggest case of it.

Honestly I'm so surprised Pac-Man ended up as rare as he is, I figured he'd be pretty common given his status as a gaming mascot and how relatively common Sonic and Mega Man are.

Edited by Spinny

Pac-Man is rare where you are? The last time I checked a Toys R Us, the amiibo area had tons of commons from Waves 1, 2 and 3....

Then I turn around and I see a shelf with nothing but Pac-Man.

I've got a spare boxed Robin, Ness and Lucina now thanks to GAME.

Amiibo are becoming less and less rare here, you can literally pick them up without any hassle.

Then I turn around and I see a shelf with nothing but Pac-Man.

My ultimate dream

but yeah, doubling Soniko on this, there's still shortages in some ways, but amiibos are becoming a lot less irritating to collect now. It really feels like stock is being handled wisely now, you can walk in and whilst it's not like every single one ever made (that'd be beyond the limits of a dream) you still have an actual choice of what amiibo to grab compared to a while back. It's a breath of fresh air and it's always good to see stock of one you don't have suddenly one day.

As I said on the previous page, here in Plymouth stock for Amiibo has been pretty good and varied. A lot of Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus and Pokémon Amiibo and I found a whole bunch of Jigglypuff in HMV! It means I can now collect some of the other ones I didn't have yet. Now if only Ness would appear...

You'll honestly be surprised. Over here in the UK at least, Palutena and Dark Pit have been stocked amazingly. I haven't walked into a single GAME that doesnt have several Palutenas and Dark Pits out and about.

I don't know man, another country's stock has never been a good indicating factor as to what the stock will be here. I mean, Amiibo rarity literally fluctuates everywhere you go. Some places have Pit Meta Knight marked as common while others have trouble finding Pikachu. Don't you guys have a harder time finding ones like Zelda or Pac Man? Those are pretty simple to come by over here. Here's hoping you're right and they're easy to get here but going off of past experience... I'm just not taking any more chances on the ones I really care about.

I don't know man, another country's stock has never been a good indicating factor as to what the stock will be here. I mean, Amiibo rarity literally fluctuates everywhere you go. Some places have Pit Meta Knight marked as common while others have trouble finding Pikachu. Don't you guys have a harder time finding ones like Zelda or Pac Man? Those are pretty simple to come by over here. Here's hoping you're right and they're easy to get here but going off of past experience... I'm just not taking any more chances on the ones I really care about.

The stock issues (besides some outliers like Kirby) are worse in America. For the first few waves, the vast majority of units were sold to America but the demand vastly exceeded the stock. When America was deep into empty shelves, other regions were posting pictures of fully stocked shelves (mostly from European or Japanese stores).

Canada had restocks of both on Walmart, Best Buy, Amazon and Toys R Us.

Eh... I'm conflicted. I'll agree with the fact that Amazon has been one of the best retailers when it comes to Amiibo but I'm still dead set against store exclusives in general. I mean, these are the only two Amiibo the US are getting for a while so why on earth do they need to be exclusives? Also, why did it have to be Palutena (and Dark Pit too)? ;_; I know rumors have it that she'll be pretty well stocked compared to others (which still isn't saying much) but I still think that's going to end up being a lie due to how detailed and obscure she is. I'm going to give myself the chance on the 24th to get one (have the app downloaded and everything just in case) but that $22 Japanese version isn't looking that bad all of a sudden... At this point, I don't even care about getting the NA versions of these things. Kid Icarus is too damn important to me for that DX. If it's past the time on the 24th and I keep refreshing to see a sold out button I'm instantly going for the JP version.

In terms of Best Buy, well... if you guys couldn't tell from my last post I have absolutely no faith in them. After the horrendous display that was Meta Knight (and wave 4 as well tbh) I'll be damned if I was going to leave my chances of getting a Dark Pit at a relatively decent price up to them. To me, they're one of the worse retailers out there for these things. Right down there with Walmart (which never have anything...) for me. Learned real quick to never put all my eggs into one basket with them. I'll visit them that Friday to see if there's still any left after opening but I'm definitely not going early.

Don't get me wrong in my previous statements, I very much disagree with the concept of store exclusives. However, I feel like this is the lesser of the evils - if they're going to do exclusives, stagger the releases (as Palutena and Dark Pit are evidence of) to give collectors a chance to get both. The objective here should be to allow collectors that chance, not to make them choose between standing outside of Target, Best Buy or whatever retailer. That is, unless you're in NYC and have the Nintendo World Store as an option. Amazon is a very good retailer and has a game plan prepared for this release so I suspect it'll have a window of an hour or two to purchase.

I can't speak for Best Buy in the United States but the Canadian division handled Meta Knight incredibly well. Their online restock was announced well in advance and lasted over an hour before it was sold out, despite the huge volume of orders coming in. All of their other restocks were handled in a similar manner but with a smaller amount of stock, though I know a lot of people who managed to get the ones they were after from them.

At least, if they MUST do exclusives, Amazon.com is pretty much available to everyone.  I've got a Walmart, locally.  Anything else that sells computer or gaming items is more than an hour's drive away (one way), and calling to see what's in stock is useless.  (I've done a three-hour round trip after being assured that [product] was 'right here in front of me' to be told on arrival that no, it had actually been delayed two weeks;  I've also had something else come up that required me driving past a store that 'nope, we don't have anything like that' and found five exactly-like-thats on the shelves that subsequently were extremely scarce.)  I do make a point of not buying anything else if I have to travel purely for an exclusive, since the reason for their forcing me to travel 60-200 miles is in the hopes that it will encourage other purchases.  Fortunately, I'm not particularly interested in most of the exclusive Amiibos, but I have great sympathy for the folks that are.

It's the 17th, and I STILL haven't gotten Pit and the Wii Fit Trainer! I reported this to the seller, and if it turns out I'm getting a refund on this, I'm buying Pit from a more local source, and I don't mean GameStop!

For all the folks living in the UK, the Nintendo UK Store has been restocked with a truckload of amiibos just a few hours ago!

Some notable rare ones include Little Mac, Rosalina, Ness, and all four Fire Emblem characters amongst others. Go get 'em while they last!

EDIT: Gotta say that production and distribution over here has been picking up lately! For instance, I found six Shulk amiibos in my local Game store today. XD

Edited by Kaabiitorori

So. Due to Spinny finding one in his own store, I... sort've have an Extra Lucina here. Still packaged, all that.

Curious if anyone would buy it. Though I kinda need 30$ for it, due to how I ended up getting it and all that.

Also got a Wario, Charizard, Greninja and Pac-Man. But Spinny kinda already has dibs on those last two, and I'm sure everyone has the fat man and fiyahlizard already.

I still want my Pit and Wii Fit Trainer amiibos! It's been over a month and a half, but they still haven't shown up, and they were shipped out on June 2nd! I heard that the Pacific had some nasty storms, last month. I just hope the plane the amiibos were put on didn't just get caught up in a storm, and crash into the ocean. I'd hate to think I would get a refund for both of the amiibos, and end up going so angry that my parents kick me out of the house, to find a place of my own.

Update: I got a refund for my order. I'm never buying from -lovely-love-chan-0508- again. I'll just find a Pit that has a moderately good enough price, with a shipping charge to balance it all out to guarantee I'll get a Pit on time. And as for Wii Fit Trainer, I'll hold off on her, and go for Ness, instead.

Edited by YoshiAngemon

91cdf671bddfa563e706d09a547adfd8.png

I'm gonna need to start getting shelves up soon for this shit

buuut yeah. Dr Mario, Bowser Jr and Olimar were released a couple weeks ago! Pretty easy to get, all three were well stocked on launch day and I've seen them around since then too. also managed to see Lucina, Robin and Jigglypuff whilst I was at it grabbing those previous three, so yay! ...and I got Villager and Rosalina from some friend of our family as prezzies. I'm insanely grateful but god I really hope they didn't pay too much...

WFT, Toon Link, Greninja, Ness and Pac-Man left to go

• Thumbs Up 1