Awoo.

Amiibos (We all welcome Amiibros)

WhoWhatMan

According to Nintendo's official amiibo website, Canadians (such as myself) will be getting the Mii Fighter 3-Pack early!

It releases on September 11th in Canada!

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/detail/mqewmkwOJSNSqLyj52PZGSFCyPxR8Pxs

I'm a tad irritated that they're stacking so many releases on the same day in Canada. I hope it's a mistake and they meant November.

are these the us releases?

Most of them line up, yes.

More on from Chris' point, I decided to list all of the amiibo from that list, so let's gooooo.

• Mario Maker - Mario (11th September)
  • Mario Maker - Other Mario (part of bundle / 11th September)
  • Super Smash Bros. - Zero Suit Samus (11th September)
  • Super Smash Bros. - Bowser Jr. (11th September)
  • Super Smash Bros. - Dr. Mario (11th September)
  • Super Smash Bros. - Olimar (11th September)
  • Super Smash Bros. - Ganondorf (11th September)
  • Super Smash Bros. - Mr. Game and Watch (25th September)
  • Super Smash Bros. - Duck Hunt Duo (25th September)
  • Super Smash Bros. - R.O.B. (25th September)
  • Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash - Chibi-Robo (part of bundle / 9th October)
  • Yoshi's Woolly World - Pink Yarn Yoshi (16th October)
  • Yoshi's Woolly World - Yarn Yoshi (part of bundle / 16th October)
  • Yoshi's Woolly World - Blue Yarn Yoshi (16th October)
  • Super Smash Bros. - Mii Brawler (1st November)
  • Super Smash Bros. - Mii Sword Fighter (1st November)
  • Super Smash Bros. - Mii Gunner (1st November)
  • Super Smash Bros. - Mewtwo (13th November)
  • Yoshi's Woolly World - Mega Yarn Yoshi (15th November)
  • Super Smash Bros. - Falco (20th November)
  • Animal Crossing - Isabelle (Holiday)
  • Animal Crossing - K.K. Slider (Holiday)
  • Animal Crossing - Mabel (Holiday)
  • Animal Crossing - Tom Nook (Holiday)
  • Animal Crossing - Digby (Holiday)
  • Animal Crossing - Reese (Holiday)
  • Animal Crossing - Cyrus (Holiday)
  • Animal Crossing - Lottie (Holiday)

"Other" Mario [Modern] releases as part of an exclusive bundle to Walmart with the WiiU - unknown if they will have a standalone. Bowser Jr. is exclusive to Toys R Us (confirmed) and Dr.Mario is exclusive to Target (apparently exclusive to WalmartCA). Triple Retro is GameStop/EB,

According to Nintendo's official amiibo website, Canadians (such as myself) will be getting the Mii Fighter 3-Pack early!

It releases on September 11th in Canada!

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/detail/mqewmkwOJSNSqLyj52PZGSFCyPxR8Pxs

I know I've responded to this already but Nintendo of Canada released a document today (here) which states a November release for the Mii 3 Pack. I really think that is a typo.

40 bucks, eh?

Still getting it.

$60 CAD, actually.

Modern Mario has a standalone listing in Walmart's system, apparently.

I think Nintendo is trying to beat the scalpers at their own game, by selling the Mega Yarn Yoshi amiibo plush at such a large price, to compensate for all the labor that goes into making these things, all the knitting, the stuffing, and putting the chips in each one. It's almost like buying an Animal Crossing Isabelle plush, the large one at that, because of the size.

So my sisters went to Gamestop the other day. On their way out, they heard the Gamestop clerk telling a customer about the retro 3-pack. He said:

"Yeah the retro 3 pack comes with the third party characters like ROB and the duck and dog from Donkey Kong."

RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Anyway I'm pretty excited about all the new amiibo. I definitely want to check the stores on the 11th.

So my sisters went to Gamestop the other day. On their way out, they heard the Gamestop clerk telling a customer about the retro 3-pack. He said:

"Yeah the retro 3 pack comes with the third party characters like ROB and the duck and dog from Donkey Kong."

RRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Did he seriously just say that? Ooooooh...

When something like this happens, I feel the undying urge to correct them. If I was walking out of that Gamestop, I would immediately turn around and correct them. Or I would, if I wasn't so shy.

My urge to correct and my shyness conflict with each other,

• Thumbs Up 1

I WANT IT, I WANT IT, I WANT IT.

Since it's not a Smash amiibo, is the whole "Shovel Knight In Smash" thing debunked? Or is Shovel Knight getting two figures?

Since it's not a Smash amiibo, is the whole "Shovel Knight In Smash" thing debunked? Or is Shovel Knight getting two figures?

Doesn't mean it won't work for Smash. Not all of the characters featured (or supported) in multiple games have two figures.

The RUMORS of Shovel Knight in Smash are debunked. The rumors were entirely reliant on the Shovel Knight Amiibo, but its not a Smash branded Amiibo. He could plausibly still get in later, but the only thing the rumors had going for them was this (and personally I think there's a slim chance at this point, but we'll see).

It basically deconfirms him being playable in the immediate future, since every character in Smash has or will be getting a Smash-styled amiibo. Still totally plausible that he could get in at some point, though (along with another amiibo!)

Edited by Weh

51a76d840d962fa8e1cd189b8c9246c1.png

So in that time I was gone I now have everyone in the Smash line who's currently released. I also preordered the 3 retro guys (who are seperate here, which I'm cool with, but I'm a bit annoyed that the Miis are seperate too when theyre honestly much better off in a 3-pack like in the US...) so it's just the Miis now and I'll worry about them when the time comes to think about them. It's nice to finally be able to get a break from all these things to say the least.

aside from waiting for a store to put up a preorder option for that new chibi-robo that explicitly states it comes with the fucking amiibo

Edited by Spinny
  • Thumbs Up 2

Seeing the Shovel Knight Amiibo has got my hyped! Not surprised it isn't Smash Bros related but you never know, could happen one day.

Dunno if Nintendo's gonna take it down soon, but on the Zero Suit Samus amiibo page, it states that she'll be compatible with Ducktales Remastered.

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/detail/5lE88acontG-8LiYsXZHWsJbLYJLXIz1

rs07PT2l.jpg

Already corrected.  That spot is now Aquamoto Racing 3D.  Although it doesn't have a page linked to say what it does.  (I didn't realize I could use non-Toad amiibos with Captain Toad to get 1-ups.  Although after Mummy-Me Maze I've maxed them anyway.)

Edited by Thrippa

First the whole Ducktales thing, now this. Is amiibo and Disney doing some collabaration soon?

http://nintendoeverything.com/shovel-knight-amiibo-will-be-produced-at-the-same-factory-as-disney-infinity-figures/

Didn't even know about a "DuckTales Thing." Enlighten me, or at least link me to something. It must relate to a new series in the future.

Didn't even know about a "DuckTales Thing." Enlighten me, or at least link me to something. It must relate to a new series in the future.

Look above this post. There was this whole thing about Zero Suit Samus being compatible with Ducktales Remastered.

• 2 weeks later...

I got Zero Suit Samus and Dr.Mario today. Which is great since it's my first exclusive.

With the plethora of new amiibo I got in the past couple of months, here's an update of all the amiibo I have and their nicknames! Prepare for a loooong list! Hope you enjoy the references!

Super Smash Bros.

Mario: "Lou Albano" (Named after the actor who played Mario in The Super Mario Bros Super Show)

Luigi: "Weegee" (Named after the meme)

Peach: "Petch" (Named after Lonk's successor)

Bowser: "Zavok" (Named after the Sonic character of the same name)

Yoshi: "Grimlock" (Named after the Transformers character of the same name)

Bowser Jr: "Lil'BowWow" (Reference to Honest Game Trailers)

Wario: "SmoothMove" (Reference to the game Warioware: Smooth Moves!)

Donkey Kong: "BananaSlam" (Reference to the Donkey Kong Country TV Show)

Diddy Kong: "Derpy Kong" (Reference to the derpy eyes of the figure)

Little Mac: "Mac Baby!" (Reference to one of Little Mac's taunt lines from Doc Louis)

Link: "Lanic" (Reference to PBG)

Zelda: "Excuuse Me" (Reference to the Zelda TV Show)

Shiek: "Shiek Fu!" (Reference to Shaq Fu!)

Ganondorf: "King Pig" (Reference to Angry Birds)

Toon Link: "Tewn Lanic" (Successor to "Lanic")

Samus: "Rescue" (Iron Man reference)

Zero Suit Samus: "Pepper" (Reference to "Rescue")

Pit: "Galabance" (Named after the user: @Galabance)

Marth: "Murf" (Named after the fan reaction to the face of the First Print Marth amiibo)

Ike: "WeLikeIke!" (Reference to the Smash Bros chant involving Ike)

Kirby: "Backatcha" (Reference to the TV Show: Kirby Right Back At Cha!)

King Dedede: "Felix" (Reference to the user @Felix)

Fox: "Firefox" (Reference to the Internet Browser: Firefox)

Pikachu: "Hey You!" (Reference to the game: Hey You Pikachu!)

Charizard: "Trogdor" (Reference to Trogdor The Burninator)

Greninja: "Greg" (Inside reference that me and my sisters made up involving a Greninja we created named Greg)

Ness: "Ninten" (Named after the protaganist of Mother/ Earthbound Beginnings)

Captain Falcon: "RidgeRacer" (Named after the game of the same name)

Villager: "Killager" (Reference to a meme involving a psychopathic Villager)

Olimar: "RoliePolie" (Reference to the TV Show: Rolie Polie Olie)

Dr. Mario: "The Doctor" (Reference to Doctor Who)

Dark Pit: "Nega-Gala" (Reference to the user @Galabance/Reference to the Pit amiibo named "Galabance")

Shulk: "The Feels!" (Reference to the Shulk line: "I'm really feeling it!"

Pac-Man: "PacIsBack" (Reference to the infamous line used in Pac-Man And The Ghostly Adventures)

Mega Man: "Beck" (Reference to the Mighty No.9 character of the same name)

Sonic: "SpinAttaxx" (Named after the user @Spin Attaxx)

Super Mario Series

Mario: "BobHoskins" (Named after the actor who played Mario in the Super Mario Bros movie)

Silver Mario: "MetalMario" (Named after the Mario Power-Up form of the same name)

Gold Mario: "Lucky Draw" (Reference to special toys given away at lotteries. Specifically, Japanese Transformers)

Luigi: "Loogie" (Juvenile joke)

Yoshi: "Alan" (Reference to Jurrasic Park 3)

Bowser: "Berser" (Intentional misspelling)

Toad: "Capt.CWAP" (Reference taken from the amiibo subreddit)

Splatoon

Inkling Girl: "Kid Now!" (Reference to the infamous Splatoon commercials)

Inkling Squid: "Squid Now!" (Reference to the infamous Splatoon commercials)

Inkling Boy: "Gill Grunt" (Reference to the Skylander of the same name)

Super Mario Maker

Classic 8-Bit Mario: "Jumpman" (One of Mario's original names)

Modern 8-Bit Mario: "Mr. Mary" (Reference to Jontron)

*gasp* There we go! All my amiibo so far!

Edited by Failinhearts
My King Dedede: "Get Dee'd" got changed to "Felix"
  • Thumbs Up 5

Well my brother uploaded a new video.

And my list of amiibos have grown too.

Sonic - Kaito
Megaman - Hikari
Toon Link - Chan
Zelda - Tanya
Kirby - Poyo
Bowser Jr - Ludwig
Bowser - Bowsey