Awoo.

Pokkén Tournament "Get ready for the next battle on March 18th, worldwide"

Ducktor Naldush

Is that the real hitstop? If that's not just added for the trailer, that's way too much hitstop.

I refuse to buy this game if Infernape isn't playable.

Nah, I'll still get it, but UGH I WANT INFERNAPE

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Knew it, now give me an eeveelution! or say Golurk, Arbok, or Genesect

Also, translated interview

http://gonintendo.com/stories/238527-pokken-tournament-blaziken-coming-in-august-dev-interview#comments

The following info comes from Tekken series producer Katsuhiro Harada...

“It’s a solid versus game, but at its core, it’s an action game for Pokémon fans. People might think that because we’ve worked on games like Tekken and Soul Calibur or because of the name ‘Pokkén,’ that this game is made for established fighting game players, but I’d like to come straight out and say ‘no, it isn’t.’ The tech to make the game and the knowhow behind the massive amount of animations comes from our experience working on the games we’ve made before, but with the gameplay, we’ve set our sights on Pokémon fans.

Having the camera looking at the characters facing each other from the side with their stamina bars on the top left and right of the screen is an established fighting game format, but that’s something that experienced fighting game players can understand on instinct. That might give Pokémon fans the impression that the game is harder than it is, so we’ve intentionally gotten rid of that. Newcomers should especially focus on blocking."

Edited by Mando

The only playable characters I'm hoping for at this point, are Greninja and Mewtwo. I also do hope that this game eventually gets a Wii U release, and of course a worldwide release.

Though to be honest, outside of Smash, not really into fighters- but this seems basic enough that I'll probably at least give it a shot, if I am ever able to! Hopefully this game will be good, and a successful game. Pokemon spinoffs can vary in how good they are or how popular they are. One example is Hey You, Pikachu!- which due to the technical limitations of voice commands at the time, was pretty bad of a game thanks to not very accurate voice recognition.

One thing I'm wondering, how many arenas and music tracks will be in this game? Hopefully a good variety/selection from multiple gens.

The only playable characters I'm hoping for at this point, are Greninja and Mewtwo. I also do hope that this game eventually gets a Wii U release, and of course a worldwide release.

Though to be honest, outside of Smash, not really into fighters- but this seems basic enough that I'll probably at least give it a shot, if I am ever able to! Hopefully this game will be good, and a successful game. Pokemon spinoffs can vary in how good they are or how popular they are. One example is Hey You, Pikachu!- which due to the technical limitations of voice commands at the time, was pretty bad of a game thanks to not very accurate voice recognition.

One thing I'm wondering, how many arenas and music tracks will be in this game? Hopefully a good variety/selection from multiple gens.

Well, they're still adding content to the game, as Blaziken won't be in the game until August, so what's out at release isn't actually the final setup. Really thinking we're getting a wii-u release, and that we could get an international announcement as soon as next month

Of course Blaziken was expected. Can't believe it's coming out very soon already (in arcades only though!), but I'm still waiting for that Wii U release date.

Blaziken was certainly expected, but nevertheless disappointing to me. Second lamest fire starter.

Blaziken was in the very first teaser along with Lucario; it had to be expected at some point.

I love Blaziken. Glad he's in but I feel like the roster is a bit lopsided. We got 2 fire starters and a bunch of mascots and Machamp.

I mean I don't mind it since we need to have characters everyone can recognize but I personally prefer a bit diversity, specially since this is a fighting game adaptation of pokemon aka billions of mons to catch. Its kind of jarring to be honest but I guess popularity comes first.

Was wondering when they'd announce good ol' Blaziken. No surprises here.  So with that we got 9 characters. Also this gives Gen 3 and 4,  two reps each. While Gen 1 has four reps and Gen 2 has one. ;w;  ONE 

Do you guys think we'll get any Gen 5 or 6 Pokémon as well? I'd definitely love to see Excadrill, Haxorus, Braviary, Aegislash,  and so many more.

Was wondering when they'd announce good ol' Blaziken. No surprises here.  So with that we got 9 characters. Also this gives Gen 3 and 4,  two reps each. While Gen 1 has four reps and Gen 2 has one. ;w;  ONE 

Do you guys think we'll get any Gen 5 or 6 Pokémon as well? I'd definitely love to see Excadrill, Haxorus, Braviary, Aegislash,  and so many more.

For the final final roster for console release probably have some. Thing is the release roster is 8 characters, Blaziken comes out next month. I think it's more of them trying to lengthen the arcade life like Tekken 7 rather than it not being done, and Blaziken is the only announced character for next month, not necessarily the only character coming, and as it was announced through Famitsu if I remember properly, I imagine they would love to have a new character to announce each week to bolster their sales.

final roster will have something from every gen, but this game is focusing on older fans, so earlier gens take precedence, and anything from the later gens will either be inspired or extremely popular

• Thumbs Up 1

For the final final roster for console release probably have some. Thing is the release roster is 8 characters, Blaziken comes out next month. I think it's more of them trying to lengthen the arcade life like Tekken 7 rather than it not being done, and Blaziken is the only announced character for next month, not necessarily the only character coming, and as it was announced through Famitsu if I remember properly, I imagine they would love to have a new character to announce each week to bolster their sales.

final roster will have something from every gen, but this game is focusing on older fans, so earlier gens take precedence, and anything from the later gens will either be inspired or extremely popular

Ahhh I see. I thought there were still more characters to be put in the initial game. But yeah... it's a good idea to have weekly announcements to keep the game fresh and the hype sustained : )  Can't wait to see some more gameplay!

I love Blaziken. Glad he's in but I feel like the roster is a bit lopsided. We got 2 fire starters and a bunch of mascots and Machamp.

I mean I don't mind it since we need to have characters everyone can recognize but I personally prefer a bit diversity, specially since this is a fighting game adaptation of pokemon aka billions of mons to catch. Its kind of jarring to be honest but I guess popularity comes first.

The roster is lopsided to me because one half it's popular picks and the other half are Pokemon I'd never guess to be in. Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, and Blaziken were predictable picks but Weavile, Suicune, and Gengar all took me by surprise. The roster has a fair amount of diversity I'd say, we got our only Legendary, Gen 2 rep,  and quadruped Suicune; adorable mascot and kinda joke pick Pikachu, a diverse selection of Pokemon types across the roster (Ghost, Fairy, Dark, Flying, Ice, Electric, Fire, Steel, Water, and Psychic), and vice versa. Admittedly, I'm disappointed that amidst all the Gen 1 reps there are no Gen 5 or 6 reps but it's slightly mitigated by the support Pokemon. There could also be more Pokken fighters to come, so I'd imagine the roster would be more interesting. 

Out of the entire roster, I'd say Weavile is the least unique of the fighters despite his ice moves and possibly dark moves. It seems the majority of its attacks judging by the trailer consists of slashing with his claws which didn't look nearly as interesting as the other fighters.

Needlessly to say, I'm satisfied with the roster and I can't wait to use Close Combat on Gengar, use Dragon Pulse on Gardevoir, and throw Weavile with Psychic. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edited by JayRaR

The helper NPC waifu girl is named Nia apparently.

tumblr_nrku0cQp6f1r1alb2o1_1280.jpg

And she's a Weavile cosplayer. Huh. Who's the voice for her?

Edited by Eitarou
  • Thumbs Up 1

She's cute. =3

If this is the final roster for the arcade version, eh, it's okay. Greninja and Hawlucha have to be added in later though. In the Wii U version or something. And one or two Gen 5 Pokémon like Sawk and Throh. =P

You guys, heck the director himself accidentally let it slip out in an interview that it's coming to consoles, but if that ain't enough proof the control scheme should be

howto02_02.png

The buttons are as follows: L activates Support, R Guards, A uses Pokémon attacks, B jumps, X is a weak attack and Y is a strong attack. Using the D-Pad and the buttons gives you various different moves. Fill a gauge to unleash Resonance Gauge for extra damage and Burst Attacks (and Mega Evolution)

Also, gradual character roll out is Namco's current strategy so they can polish it up as they go, and get people to come back every month for the new 2-3 characters. And though it doesn't have a release date yet, the console version of Tekken 7 was announced a month after arcade release, so heck an announcement for this in the next direct wouldn't surprise me

On a final note, this being an arcade and all, it definitely has at least 1 if not 2 currently unplayable bosses in arcade mode that are added into the home version at least, and I think Mewtwo is the most likely final boss, though I think a cool middle boss possibility would be this guy

720-u.png  

Who while huge works as a boss and could be playable in the home version

• Thumbs Up 1

You guys, heck the director himself accidentally let it slip out in an interview that it's coming to consoles, but if that ain't enough proof the control scheme should be

howto02_02.png

Also, gradual character roll out is Namco's current strategy so they can polish it up as they go, and get people to come back every month for the new 2-3 characters. And though it doesn't have a release date yet, the console version of Tekken 7 was announced a month after arcade release, so heck an announcement for this in the next direct wouldn't surprise me

On a final note, this being an arcade and all, it definitely has at least 1 if not 2 currently unplayable bosses in arcade mode that are added into the home version at least, and I think Mewtwo is the most likely final boss, though I think a cool middle boss possibility would be this guy

720-u.png  

Woah, did he actually let it slip? Where's that interview? I'd love to see it.  But that's good news! If it does come out for the Wii U, I'd insta buy it.

EDIT:

Oh and we already got our little Blaziken trailer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5CwxZE0ig8#t=25 

Looks awesome!

Edited by dabbido

720-u.png  

I'd be down with Hoopa being in this game in general just so we can have...

And yes its canon.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm not resting until Lugia gets in this game in some way, shape or form.

It's cool that Blaziken is in this game though.

Edited by Failinhearts

I'm not resting until Lugia gets in this game in some way, shape or form.

It's cool that Blaziken is in this game though.

Done, Lugia has a statue in the underwater arena stage :P

Done, Lugia has a statue in the underwater arena stage :P

Is it though? on closer inspection it looks like the real thing xD I'd suppose it's just resting or something. (Then again it's pretty stiff so it might be a statue after all)

suicune-white-3.jpg

Also seeing this image again, I'd love to see what alt colors / costumes do the new Pokémon have.

Edited by dabbido

The roster is lopsided to me because one half it's popular picks and the other half are Pokemon I'd never guess to be in. Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, and Blaziken were predictable picks but Weavile, Suicune, and Gengar all took me by surprise. The roster has a fair amount of diversity I'd say, we got our only Legendary, Gen 2 rep,  and quadruped Suicune; adorable mascot and kinda joke pick Pikachu, a diverse selection of Pokemon types across the roster (Ghost, Fairy, Dark, Flying, Ice, Electric, Fire, Steel, Water, and Psychic), and vice versa. Admittedly, I'm disappointed that amidst all the Gen 1 reps there are no Gen 5 or 6 reps but it's slightly mitigated by the support Pokemon. There could also be more Pokken fighters to come, so I'd imagine the roster would be more interesting. 

Wait, Gengar took you by surprise? I thought Gengar was pretty much expected, it's like the De Facto of Ghost Pokemon, Weavile I can say was sorta unexpected but it fits in nothingless.

Suicune however was completely Unexpected for me.