Awoo.

Pokkén Tournament "Get ready for the next battle on March 18th, worldwide"

Ducktor Naldush

As i never played this game, how does the game work? Is it like mash the buttons or what?

I haven't played myself, but basically how it works is you start in a 3D plane, where it feels more like a Naruto storm fighting game. Once you close in and deal a heavy blow it switches to the more traditional perspective. There's some variety in attacks, each one has special attacks, some sort of "awakening" mode where attacks hit harder, and of course a finisher move. it's not just specials though I'm pretty sure it at least has normal attacks and hard attacks, if not then directional inputs a la smash. 

So in the sense it really is Tekken but with Pokemon, and a side of Naruto

Sign me up this is totally my fucking jam

• Thumbs Up 1

So in the sense it really is Tekken but with Pokemon, and a side of Naruto

Sign me up this is totally my fucking jam

I've heard it's closer to Gundam Vs

Also, the 2D/3D thing is essentially two different playstyles

I need this game in my life now

• Thumbs Up 1

I need this game in my life now

Me too. Now I am going to buy this game for Wii U better than a Pokken card that would be my second Banapassport card.

I hope there wont be 2-3 weeks of waiting until it comes in Europe...

Also, this is going to be fun as i never played tekken...

Tournament footage, is around 3 hours worth for anyone wanting a better look at the game

Also, everything points to local multiplayer being Asymmetric with one person on the gamepad, one on the tv(it's one person to a  unit in the arcade)

• Thumbs Up 3

• 4 weeks later...

Lol ninja'd. Anyways that's pretty awesome, I don't care anymore if it's another Pikachu, it has it's own charm, and those moves ~

Dat stunner tho! I love it's animations, she's always like "people! look what I'm about to do! Ka-Boom!" such a show-off xD

• 4 weeks later...

Okay so a little event for Halloween is coming for the Arcade version, you can get Ninetales and Mismagius supports! ~

mismagius.pngninetales.png

Mismagius uses Ominous Wind, which moves slowly forwards to attack and increases your attack power slightly. Ninetales uses Will-o-Wisp , it sends a small flame that stays put right in front of you for a short time.

The event also gives the Haunted Mansion stage a more... "spooky/halloween" look:

hauntedmansion-halloween.jpg

Pics are from Serebii, for more info there.

Edited by dabbido
  • Thumbs Up 1

Gundam Extreme Vs basically looks like a reskinned Virtual On Force, this game reminds me a a lot more of Ehrgeiz or Tobal, but the way the auto facing works looks to be a lot more in line with more conventional 3D fighters.  

Um WAT!?

Does Pokken has that limited appeal? I don't really get it. I've seen fighting games with smaller rosters that have been popular in the competitive fighting scene so I don't get why Pokken is shunned cause of this small roster. It even looks pretty good to be honest.

Maybe its a cultural difference but eh I'm more optimistic about games than most.

Only that one arcade is really complaining and that article is using a bit of Hyperbole, though the lack of a final boss thing is a bit disappointing on Namco's point. However this one does seem like it'll benefit better with a home port, especially since it's already geared for a standard controller.

Mewtwo should really be the final boss. He makes the most sense. I am surprised they haven't announced more characters for Pokken yet, though (then again, has it only been two months? Blaziken right after the game launched, and then Pikachu Libre...).

But yeah, its only one arcade right now that's having the game removed. The article in question was hyperbole and clickbait.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, fun fact Pokken is currently the third highest top earning fighting game in Japan

• 2 weeks later...

Well looks like the game finally has it's first boss(and hopefully will have another by physical relase), and its:
MEGA MEWTWO... Z?!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1132484

tkFFdzp.jpg
HIRxrix.jpg

NicoNico Video (must have account)

Apparently added via a surprise update.

He seems to be a special Boss, and could be created specifically for Pokken but...possibly Mega Mewtwo Z?

CSmzXZuWsAI59h5.png

Hopefully we get a giant boss as well

Edited by Mando-Whirl-Wind
  • Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, it looks like Mewtwo X. The shoulder bits gained some spikes and his horns glow, but otherwise it looks like some variant of Mewtwo's X form.

Maybe it's kind of like what they did with Dark Lugia for one of the Gamecube games (XD, I think)?

Looks pretty cool though. I wonder if it will be playable in the home release or if it will just be relegated as a boss character?

Yeah, it looks like Mewtwo X. The shoulder bits gained some spikes and his horns glow, but otherwise it looks like some variant of Mewtwo's X form.

Maybe it's kind of like what they did with Dark Lugia for one of the Gamecube games (XD, I think)?

Looks pretty cool though. I wonder if it will be playable in the home release or if it will just be relegated as a boss character?

It's likely the unlockable hidden character of the game(that's what they did with the boss in Tekken Tag Tourney 2), though perhaps they'll pull a Nintendo and have multiple hidden characters or integrate an unlock system to hearken back to the pokemon games, which would be rather fun

Can I just say he looks sick, and I definitely want to play as him. Though I am hoping for a cooler name in localization
Obvious normal Mewtwo's going to be playable in arcade as well as in the home version when it comes comes along(whether before or after who knows), but home version should get this guy too!

Hopefully we get a giant boss as well, like Groudon, Tyranitar, or Hoopa Unleashed, but wait and see, but Tekken games tend to have one normal sized and one giant boss. Kinda hoping we get a character blowout when Pokken tournament hits the directs in the spring, still hoping for an Eeveelution.

edit: and another awesome pic

1446253909-mewtwo-new-form.jpg

Edited by Mando-Whirl-Wind

I checked the Pokkén official website out. There was an update for Pokkén arcade cabinets yesterday. That includes a boss battle in the single-player mode.