Awoo.

Sonic Boom Fan Comic: Changed Our Minds

SpongicX

I finally finished a Sonic Boom Fan Comic I've been working on since last Novemver, in 2014. This is a fan comic where Sonic and friends get trapped in each other's bodies, because of  Eggman's new invention. You can find the full comic on  deviantart. Just click on the following link.  http://spongicx.deviantart.com/gallery/51993595/Changed-Our-Minds    I hope you all enjoy this comic, I worked on it for more than half a year, and I had a lot of fun making it. I tried not going too far out of the feel of Sonic Boom, but I did add a little more emotion to it, than the actual tv series. It still has a lot of humor, just like the show. I got his done just in time for Sonic's 24th birthday, so Happy Birthday Sonic! 

• Thumbs Up 2

This has been a fun read so far. Frustrating at some moments but that's sorta the point. Like how you give detail to the expressions.

This has been a fun read so far. Frustrating at some moments but that's sorta the point. Like how you give detail to the expressions.

I'm glad you're having fun, but may I ask what you find frustrating about it? 

Pages 30-31 are now up. 

Frustrating as in how they aren't really pulling things together or thinking their actions through when they're in each others bodies. (Such as Amy looking at the dress.) That's totally the point, though, I get it. 

They're trying, but are getting on each other's nerves, but that's the idea. Eggman was expecting them to have a rough time with the adjustments, but Sonic and the gang still have a chance to quit joking around, and get serious. I didn't want the story to feel rushed, and wanted to have some plot and character development, while throwing in a bit of humor that doesn't stretch too far out of Sonic Boom's boundaries. 

After reading page 32, all I can say is:

VeZs29q.jpg

As for the reaction image, fukken saved

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm surprised that this topic only got only a few replies, because that's some great stuff you got there! This comic deserves a little critique, which I'm going to do right away.

First of all, I love how you're adding themes to your story, like in the very beginning, because it really adds to the plot instead of just making a cheesy action-comedy thing. Now sure, you still have a good way to go in making comics, but even since the beginning your art as been getting better, so I don't think it's really a problem. Just keep working on things like proportions, and I recommend you training to make real comic pages, your style of presentation is nice, but can't get a bit redondant sometimes.

Speaking of story, you writing's pretty good, but I think there's sometimes things you can delete from the dialogue, because they really are superficial, like the end of the conversation about the Chili Dog. Maybe it could help if you added more pictures, but that's even more work, so I'd suggest you to keep only up to 3-4 jokes in the same text. After that, it can get a bit redondant.

Anyway, I really like your comic, and I'm eager to see how things are going to continue for our little friends. Keep up the good work!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm surprised that this topic only got only a few replies, because that's some great stuff you got there! This comic deserves a little critique, which I'm going to do right away.

First of all, I love how you're adding themes to your story, like in the very beginning, because it really adds to the plot instead of just making a cheesy action-comedy thing. Now sure, you still have a good way to go in making comics, but even since the beginning your art as been getting better, so I don't think it's really a problem. Just keep working on things like proportions, and I recommend you training to make real comic pages, your style of presentation is nice, but can't get a bit redondant sometimes.

Speaking of story, you writing's pretty good, but I think there's sometimes things you can delete from the dialogue, because they really are superficial, like the end of the conversation about the Chili Dog. Maybe it could help if you added more pictures, but that's even more work, so I'd suggest you to keep only up to 3-4 jokes in the same text. After that, it can get a bit redondant.

Anyway, I really like your comic, and I'm eager to see how things are going to continue for our little friends. Keep up the good work!

Thank you for your criticism, I'm glad you're enjoying it, even with a few moments that need improvement. I'm aware that the dialogue can drag on, but I don't want the comic to feel vague in description. The comic did have more drawings to go with some of the dialogue, but most of them weren't necessary. They were just little extra details like a character staring, squinting, or moving their arms. I decided it would be better to skip a lot of those, and let the dialogue replace some of the original sketches. 

Either way, thanks for giving me constructive criticism, I'd much rather get that, than to have someone trash my hard work.

I've been working on this comic since last November, and I have no motivation for making it, other than to show I'm a huge Sonic Boom fan, and I just want to hope that people can get a good laugh, and story out of this. 

Page 36 is now up. 

Since this comic isn't getting enough views or feedback, I'm probably just going to stop posting the new pages here. I'll still be continuing the comic on Deviantart though. If enough people tell me they want me to keep on updating this thread, then I might reconsider, but considering how long this has been here, and the lack of views it's gotten, I'm starting to doubt that will happen. I would be happy if I was proven wrong though. 

• 2 months later...

The comic is now finished. I hope you view it, and find some enjoyment in it. The link to the pages are in the link provided on the first page of this topic.