Awoo.

Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition (oh and DmC Definitive Edition too I guess)

Nix

M4IM949.png

You see that?  That's the sight of greatness.  Devil May Cry 4 is coming out again on PS4 and Xbox One, and that's awesome because DMC4 is awesome.  

But wait, there's more.

That's right, not only are you getting that fantabulous game, but you're also getting... I know you already see it, but wait for it...

motherfucking

goddamn 

Vergil

yalp0M.gif

You can skip those two minute commercials for that whatever game, because the real treat is at the end where they tease Vergil becoming playable (and perhaps getting his own story).

But what is that whatever game?

DmCDefinitiveEdition.jpg

That's DmC: Definitive Edition.  It's the definitive edition of Ninja Theory's Devil May Cry reboot, where they fixed many of the original game's issues and added a bunch of new content.  For instance, the game runs at 60fps, has a manual lock-on, and the style scoring has been tweaked to be significantly harder to get SSS ranks.

I bought the game, and it honestly isn't too bad.  Story's still garbage, but the tweaks go a long way and make the game a lot more fun.  Definitely isn't a bad deal for $40.

But who cares about that nonsense?

Goddamn Vergil in DMC4 baby.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait, DmC Definitive already came out? If so I assume from your impressions, the changes actually help a the game a lot? Cause I was was worried about that, that the changes wouldn't do much more other then make the game work a bit better because the core system was just too shallow. 

I already have Devil May Cry 4...I'll still wait and see if this update is worth my money.

As for DmC: The Definitive Edition...haven't heard good things about the original version's story, and I doubt that'll be fixed. Would it still be worth it for the gameplay?

Wait, DmC Definitive already came out? If so I assume from your impressions, the changes actually help a the game a lot? Cause I was was worried about that, that the changes wouldn't do much more other then make the game work a bit better because the core system was just too shallow. 

I won't say it's as fun as DMC3 and DMC4.  DmC still had its fair share of depth with its combat, but there was hardly any reason why you'd want to experiment because of how it gives out high ranks like candy.  Getting those high ranks is significantly harder even without the Hardcore Mode on (which makes it even more strict and punishing), so I feel more motivated to play around with the weapons.  At the end of the day, it's still DmC, so if you hated how it played, then you still might not like it.  I bit the bullet mostly in support of Capcom and the DMC franchise, but I'm rather pleased with how the tweaks improved the game.  Turbo Mode is great, and having a lock-on is a lifesaver.

Still has cutscenes and shit interrupting gameplay at every goddamn turn though.

I already have Devil May Cry 4...I'll still wait and see if this update is worth my money.

As for DmC: The Definitive Edition...haven't heard good things about the original version's story, and I doubt that'll be fixed. Would it still be worth it for the gameplay?

Story's still trash, not much they can do about that sadly, though I'm pretty sure they got rid of Vergil's stupid fedora.  But yeah, I think the game's fun.

I would have preferred DMC5 but WHO CARES FUCKING VERGIL MY MAIN

Oh and some shitty game.

I'll be honest in saying that I absolutely loathe people who adore DmC (as in, over the DMC games). Not quite as much as DMC2 fans but quite a lot. It's a shallow, immature game with puketastic effects all over the screen, kiddie controls and a second rate story with characters that only the chainsmoker at the back of the third grade class would find cool, not to mention the migraines I get from the music, and I LIKE dubstep. Most people I know who liked it a lot either have a mindblowingly stupid reason or have never even touched a DMC game.

But... I can give DmCDE sort of a small pass. If you like it over the DMC games I'm still going to give you an odd look and tell you to play DMC3 or 4, but atleast it's a LITTLE polished up now. The bare minimum.

It's not DMC2.

I'd rather hang myself before playing that again.

Does anyone actually play Devil May Cry for the plot? I mean honestly, no one mentions how much of a masterpiece the plot in Devil May Cry is, because it isn't. But the Gameplay is.

• Thumbs Up 1

Does anyone actually play Devil May Cry for the plot? I mean honestly, no one mentions how much of a masterpiece the plot in Devil May Cry is, because it isn't. But the Gameplay is.

If you had the choice between eating a sandwich or eating out of the trash can, which would you choose?

No one plays it for the plot itself, but people played it for the gameplay and charismatic and CURAZZY lead character Dante.

Guess what DmC's Donte is not.

I would have preferred DMC5 but WHO CARES FUCKING VERGIL MY MAIN

Oh and some shitty game.

I'll be honest in saying that I absolutely loathe people who adore DmC (as in, over the DMC games). Not quite as much as DMC2 fans but quite a lot. It's a shallow, immature game with puketastic effects all over the screen, kiddie controls and a second rate story with characters that only the chainsmoker at the back of the third grade class would find cool, not to mention the migraines I get from the music, and I LIKE dubstep. Most people I know who liked it a lot either have a mindblowingly stupid reason or have never even touched a DMC game.

But... I can give DmCDE sort of a small pass. If you like it over the DMC games I'm still going to give you an odd look and tell you to play DMC3 or 4, but atleast it's a LITTLE polished up now. The bare minimum.

It's not DMC2.

I'd rather hang myself before playing that again.

I'd say thats better than the people who keep saying the game is worse than DMC2 just because of the story and characters honestly. DmC itself isn't really all that bad and in some cases I'd say it improved a couple of things over the original games (better camera control, jumping and movement don't feel as...sluggish?).

I'd say thats better than the people who keep saying the game is worse than DMC2 just because of the story and characters honestly. DmC itself isn't really all that bad and in some cases I'd say it improved a couple of things over the original games (better camera control, jumping and movement don't feel as...sluggish?).

Given, movement and jumping are a lot better... But they also feel a little looser. That's just my muscle memory talking though.

Also those people often forget that DMC2 butchered Dante and the story just as much as DmC.

• 2 weeks later...

oh Oh OH OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Dang it I need this right now.

And it seems Vergil has his own story mode...which means he's alive. HE'S ALIIIIIIVE/

• Thumbs Up 3

We have Dante, Nero, Vergil, Trish and Lady playable in one game. 

I can't fucking breathe right now..

DMC4 is gonna be fucking Heaven on Earth apparently, holy shit.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2015/03/23/devil-may-cry-4-special-edition-will-include-five-playable-characters-other-features

0a345b47516f2902564a087d6fadfe50.jpg

Okay, Devil May Cry fans—you’ve been waiting since December for solid info on Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition. Here it is.

DMC4SE is currently in development for the PS4, Xbox One, and yes, the PC, and set for a release this summer. It will be a digital release, but you can expect a tremendous amount of content and replayability at a great value.

DMC4SE is a heavily enhanced version of the 2008 stylish action classic, featuring:

• Three new playable characters, making for a total of five playable characters—the largest playable roster in the series’ history. 
    • Vergil – Dante’s ice-cold twin brother and master of the iaijutsu sword fighting style. As described by the game’s director, Hideaki Itsuno, Vergil will have a fully upgradable move set based on his rendition in Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition, with elements of DmC Devil May Cry’s Vergil added in, making this the definitive version of the character. He will also feature a new “Concentration” mechanic, which makes his attacks get more powerful the more flawlessly he fights. Vergil will be playable on any mission.
    • Trish – Resident badass since her first appearance in the first Devil May Cry’s opening cutscene, Trish does away with the need for weapon switching, instead utilizing the versatile Sparda sword, her pistols, and her bare hands in a variety of inventive ways. Trish allows players to fight with relatively few buttons, but is still quite a deep character with an awesome move set. Trish will be playable on Dante’s missions.
    • Lady – Playable for the first time, Lady specializes in long-range, firearm-based combat, making the game feel completely different. Her signature weapon, the Kalina Ann, features a grappling hook which allows her to traverse environments similarly to Nero, among other applications. Lady will be playable on Nero’s missions.
  • Legendary Dark Knight Mode – First introduced in the PC version of Devil May Cry 4, this mode pits players against an absolutely tremendous number of enemies, meaning you’ll have to adjust your combat strategy. 
  • Enhanced visuals – 1080p support and up-res’d textures,  while preserving the game’s 60fps framerate. 
  • Bonus costumes and skins.
  • Numerous minor tweaks to game tempo and balance.

b050f7589e0a792f963bca9fccda9868.jpg

441827117b92c3824780ee22b2944adb.jpg

48750579c8e8359ace5847873221d63f.jpg

61e1a8e65c865fcfcaf2b5cd2b50b96b.jpg

ca03301417d889e170bde4e7f6e814d6.jpg

34b9f3b0d9381d69ce6780102d8d5a3f.jpg

We will have more info on the game in coming weeks, so be excited and stay tuned!

• Thumbs Up 3

Also, we got some pre-order(?) bonuses:

8e7a9fd710.png

Gloria and DMC3 Lady's costumes (the later seems to be a bigger deal than what I thought of...)

As a side note:

E3 2015 = June 16-18

DMC4SE Release Date = June 18

COINCIDENCE!?

Probably :<

• Thumbs Up 1