Awoo.

The Topic of Over-thinking and Connecting Things in Sonic

SenEDDtor Missile

I agree with above, there is no indication Amy teleports, Chaos Control rifts appear to close as soon as their creator/s go through them as well.

Amy sensing chaos energy and thus being able to find Sonic through that makes some sense, and that Silver and Shadow seeming similar in the chaos energy they have about their person may explain the confusion, but that could lead her into going in the wrong direction (though her doing so may be why she bumped into Shadow and Silver in the first place)

I would think if they had chaos energy auras, they would be different though, particularly Sonic when he's the wherehog. I'd assume his aura would have been negative rather than positive, or at least different, but maybe they have something about these auras which is constant.

I also forgot to mention that this confusion is also possibly the result of inexperience; after all, compared to the likes of Sonic or Shadow she has a fairly normal life that she would be occupied with, so training such an ability probably isn't that high on her to-do list...

That, and it's possible she might not be 100% aware that the ability is actually a thing; after all, it's possible that the ability to sense Chaos Energy is a rare or underutilized skill, so even if she knew about it, she might not actually be able to get the training needed outside of sheer trial and error. The end result is that her skill in it is at best basic, so to her Chaos Energy readings would probably be the equivalent of seeing giant blobs with no real distinguishing features or something.

I understand that this is the topic for overthinking but like... wouldn't it be so much easier to assume she just stowed away? =P

I understand that this is the topic for overthinking but like... wouldn't it be so much easier to assume she just stowed away? =P

On what? I didn't see anything in-game she could have stowed away on, at least not without getting caught...

Though then again...

I also forgot to mention that this confusion is also possibly the result of inexperience; after all, compared to the likes of Sonic or Shadow she has a fairly normal life that she would be occupied with, so training such an ability probably isn't that high on her to-do list...

I doubt it's inexperience as well because Sonic literally just knew how to do Chaos Control on his first try. There is also little indication that he knew what he was doing when he first became Super as well (since, there was absolutely no elaboration on the subject back in the Classic Era).

I doubt it's inexperience as well because Sonic literally just knew how to do Chaos Control on his first try. There is also little indication that he knew what he was doing when he first became Super as well (since, there was absolutely no elaboration on the subject back in the Classic Era).

To be fair you are comparing a guy who practically gets into adventurous hijinks on a near constant basis and has probably to some extent used Chaos Powers as a fair portion of his life even if not explicitly vs a girl who has a normal life and probably doesn't have training Chaos Powers that high on her priority list.

Plus some of that may be due to coincidence or it may vary from person to person.

It's not entirely clear Sonic was able to teleport exactly where he wanted the first time either, we just know it was close enough.

To be fair you are comparing a guy who practically gets into adventurous hijinks on a near constant basis and has probably to some extent used Chaos Powers as a fair portion of his life even if not explicitly vs a girl who has a normal life and probably doesn't have training Chaos Powers that high on her priority list.

Well, I wouldn't say she isn't as adventurous as everyone else, because she was just as able bodied as everyone else in Sonic Heroes, Sonic Battle, Shadow the Hedgehog, somewhat in Sa2, an even tinier bit in 06, And a great amount in the Sonic Advance series. She started out as weak and helpless but she gradually became more and more well versed in the adventure lifestyle that Sonic takes on. This is probably how that technique was developed.

But What about Eggman?

I would assume that someone who is as familiar with the Emeralds as he is, he would be the first to know how to use Chaos Control. Especially since his machines can manipulate the power just the same as an organic Chaos User.

Then there's Knuckles who has spent like his whole life protecting the most powerful Emerald there is, and even being able to sense it when need be, but he can't even transform like Sonic or Shadow can.

Now that I think about it, Amy's ability to sense Sonic may stem from this Emerald tracking knack; but then there's the case of Rouge being able to sense Chaos Emeralds in the Vault in Sa2, either that or she literally had an Emerald Tracking radar. Probably the latter.

Well I'm not saying that she's not able bodied, I'm just saying that her having to juggle a normal life with an adventure life vs someone whose entire life is an adventure would probably stack certain strengths in the latter's favor. Plus her training in-universe seems to be more focused on hammer attacks and increasing her physical speed, so there isn't any guarantee that she even trains any potential Chaos/Magic abiltiies.

Now for Eggman, I don't think Eggman really has any natural Chaos abilities, or if he did it would probably be horribly neglected due to his machines preference. Knuckles... I'm not as certain. It's possible that due to being the Guardian of the Master Emerald, it might have affected his biology/Chaos Energy in some fashion that makes it either very difficult or near impossible to transform like Sonic or Shadow, or maybe even have different prerequisites for changing his form or something?

Actually, it's also possible that emotional state can affect one's ability to detect Chaos Energy. Amy might be able to detect Sonic's energy or something similar, but her ...hormone-driven state might affect her ability and cause her to get a less accurate reading. This could also apply to Knuckles as well, only in his case it would be anger or irritation that affects him.

I have nothing to contribute to this thread (currently), outside of wanting to state that I had the exact same idea as the OP a few weeks ago but was unsure where to post it! :P

Great minds, and all that.

Since I for the life of me cannot find the original topic (No thanks to the Search Function being down at this time), I will be creating this new one until the old one is either found and merged with this, or this one ends up being the only one due to the old one going kaput or something. Now with that out of the way, the point of this topic.

This topic serves as a place to overthink and connect things in the Sonic games together in an attempt to SOMEHOW establish things that Sonic Team probably never intended or never even bothered to think of, such as worldbuilding, mythology, or just explain things that just didn't make sense at the time until you gave it more thought.

Could this be merged with the Sonic Theories thread? Maybe even given a whole new name?

"Sonic Lore"

or just Sonic Theories?

Idk

• 3 weeks later...
You know, Amy not pursuing independence/improvement to prove herself to Sonic like she said she would in SA1 makes a lot of sense when you really think about it. From that point on to Heroes, she probably DID actually try to do that, and tried to show the fruits of her labor to Sonic. However, the fact that he still ran away from her despite all of her effort probably discouraged her in the long term, so she ended up reverting back to her old habits.

Also I think she might be oblivious to just how much she tends to invade Sonic's personal space, so she doesn't really get WHY Sonic doesn't want to be around her that much.

• 1 month later...

I have a bit of a headcanon/partial theory in regards to South Island, West Side Island, Station Square, wherever Never Lake is located and by proxy Little Planet, and Angel Island. It also concerns Eggman.

1) These 4/5ish areas compose a place known to the Sonic world as the Devil's Archipelago.

2) Angel Island was actually stuck in temporal stasis sometime after the events of the first Perfect Chaos attack, which is why Knuckles can somehow be the last of his kind despite the echidna race supposedly being extinct by the time of the first few Sonic games; he was born BEFORE Perfect Chaos' attack, but was trapped in stasis AFTER the attack. Why and how he was trapped is unknown and details I'm still working on, but this is the general gist.

3) Little Planet/Never Lake and Angel Island both have temporal/dimensional affecting capabilities due to Time Stones/Master Emerald/something along those lines, and while the areas aren't necessarily close, the temporal/reality warping properties of both clash with each other, causing weird temporal distortions and dimensional screw-ups, such as people and seacraft/aircraft disappearing or people somehow being transported hours, days, weeks, or even years into the future. Because this affected the general area that South, West Side, Station Square, Little Planet, and Angel Island occupied, it became known as the Devil's Archipelago (it's also a partial reference to the Bermuda Triangle, which is also known as the Devil's Triangle). Additionally, due to the reputation of the area, only the natives of the islands (which were mostly animals and anthros like Tails and Sonic) were willing to settle there.

4) So where does Station Square and Eggman fit in? In the former's case, it is one of the few human settlements close to the Devil's Archipelago, and uses the mystique and terror of the area to drum up tourism. Also Angel Island being so close by (although this part's a bit shaky since I was never certain if Station Square was ON Angel Island, or just really near Angel Island) meant that it would fit in Sonic Adventure 1.

Eggman of course also takes advantage of the rumors behind the Devil's Archipelago to start grabbing resources for his eventual world conquest. After all, who the hell was going to check up on his operations in one of the most scary locations in the world? Of course, Eggman didn't take into consideration that Sonic would butt in on him, hence why a lot of the boss fights in Sonic 1 tended to look more like construction equipment (Wrecking ball, etc.). Additionally later on, the Death Egg would crash into Angel Island in Sonic 3, causing the temporal stasis/reality warp thing to completely shut off, awakening Knuckles in the process, and in Sonic CD was the whole Little Planet fiasco.

• Thumbs Up 1