Awoo.

Oh Noes

(I'm not sure if it's the right place to talk about such specific subjects, but I'll post this anyway. If this doesn't have its place here, please report it.)

Everybody knows about Chaos Control, that cheap move that can control space and time and has turned into a Swiss Knife (comprehend: Deus-Ex-Machina) over the years for protagonists. However, through the series, its function was never made consistent: sure, we got that ANYBODY can use the magical formula of politeness with the magic key gems to make it happen, but what it does to the user always changed over the games.

Was it teleporting like it did in Adventure 2, or was it slowing time like in 06 and like Time Stop in Adventure 2 Battle, or even making characters able to travel so fast it was like time was frozen around them (like in the move used in Shadow the Hedgehog)? It was never made clear. But the result is: in any case, it allows to travel from one point in space to another almost instantly. However, I still think that because those functions are vastly different, it's better to tell them apart rather than associating all of them with one move. After all, it wouldn't be the same thing if it was so different, wouldn't it? I'm going to make a little list of the multiple ways it can be seen through the games, and I'll try to explain them the most logically possible I can (With a bit of physics in it but don't worry.):

-Teleportation/Time-space rifts:

300px-SA2_Chaos_Control.png

I'm putting these two together because they usually appear together, and it's not easy to tell them apart. These aren't the most known functions of Chaos Control as of today, but they're actually the ones who appear the most. In short, teleportation is the transfer of a physical being from one point to another in space, meaning that in terms of physics, its particles (atoms) would be disassembled, transported to this point and rebuilt by a specific device (usually a teleporter, here the Chaos Emeralds and Energy). So it's just a transport and crafting of matter that happens very quickly.

1425683585-untitled-2.png

To break the link between the particles, actions at an atomic scale must be done: those actions would be nuclear reactions, targeted to links like Covalent bonds, Ionic bonds, Van der Waals bonds, and Hydrogen bonds (don't worry, you don't need to know what those are, just remember they're the main type of bonds between atoms). The core of the atom would be overloaded with energy, and expel particles and energy -in the form of Gamma rays- to transform into another atom (and not explode like in science-fiction), which is the phenomenon called Radioactive Decay. The particles and rays would hit other atoms that would go through the same process, and so on until all atoms are separated.

1426193417-chaos-knuckles.jpg

Then, all of those particles would be rebuilt the exact same way they were before teleportation. But the only problem with that is that the drive, the Chaos Emeralds, also disappear with the user, which is sort of a paradox as they're supposed to be the tools that permit Chaos Control. However, the Archie Comics's old canon (Before Words Collides) gave us an interesting concept that could explain this: the fact that Chaos Energy exists as the Chaos Force, a conscious embodiment of it that manages the Chaos Energy given to the user and respond to their call for power. This would explain IN the games why the Chaos Emeralds and Master Emerald got some sort of consciousness, even if it just responds to their user and does not develop a entire brain of its own. So, with this in mind, the Chaos Emeralds would just be remote controls (what a coincidence), and the Chaos Force would be the TV: breaking the remote won't break the TV, it's just that you have to take other, more difficult paths to use the TV as you want, for example by directly tapping the buttons on it. I won't speculate on what the TV actually is, though, because it could go on and on, and we have all of our ideas for our first theory laid down. So now, let's take a look at the other possible function:

wormhole_graphic.jpg

Time-space rifts, even if put them in the same part as teleportation, are completely different: in science they usually refer to wormholes, hypothetical objects that bends space-time and are made by both a black hole (which attract everything) and a white hole (which repulse everything) on their extremes. They can be took as a shortcut from one space to another. To put it simply, think of a sheet of paper, that has two symmetrical points, and that you would have folded in two so that the points touches. You pierce a circle on the two points. It would be much quicker to take this hole that you created rather than going all the linear way to a point from another, and that's the principle of wormholes: the sheet is space-time that is bended by the two points, the black and the white hole, which has certain size (the circles you traced).

Wormholes's sizes can vary from infinitely small to infinitely big, and their lifespan can be either very long or very short, almost everything with those settings is aleatory. So, the Chaos Emeralds would have to not only bend space-time, but also create and maintain the two black and white holes that form the Wormhole if it was the case, which is quite a lot of work. Plus, because you can't see the entrance (black hole) and the exit (white hole) when the user does Chaos Control, it means that two wormholes would have to be formed: the first one would bring you to a different space (possibly dimension), and the second one would bring you back to the place where you wanted to go. All of those steps would happen in a matter of seconds.

In the games:

1425326072-art.jpg

We can interpret Chaos Control with these two things since the first time it was introduced in Sonic Adventure 2. When Shadow and Sonic uses it to warp, like during the final battle of the Hero/Dark Story, they disappear and reappear in a flash of light. So it's most likely that this was teleportation, the Chaos Emeralds being the device that causes the flash of light, but it may also be a rift that opens and closes at will, which they can take to go from one place to another.

1425326075-sonic2app-2014-10-2-22-22-55-

When they used their combined Chaos Control in the ending of the game to bring back the ARK to its orbit, they created some weird orb that teleported it, which is most likely something that can transport matter, seeing how it covers the ARK and teleports it. Even if you could interpret it to some extent as the ARK passed through a wormhole, the form it took and the fact it lost all of its velocity when it got back to its original orbit makes it less likely to be that case.

hqdefault.jpg

Teleportation was also likely to happen in Shadow the Hedgehog, when Black Doom teleported Shadow to Cyberspace to destroy a core program of the United Federation in the level Digital Circuit. But when Black Doom used it to transport the Black Comet to the surface of Earth, he quoted it as a "space-time control power", which may mean it caused a space-time rift rather than teleportation. What happens when Shadow kick the comet out of Earth is a bit ambiguous, though, because there could be shiny SFX in all cases.

tumblr_mf41vp4z9z1s0se68o1_500.gif

In Sonic 06, it's clear that those Time-space rifts are the portals that our hedgehogs create with two combined Chaos Control. But since they're going back in time, which is way different (even if wormholes could also allow to go back in time), and that touching with seriousness one of the worst adventures of Sonic which-is-actually-not-canon-but-is-thanks-to-Generations, I won't talk more about it.

1426195903-sonic-generations-hd-shadow-r

The move also made a cameo in Sonic Generations, were Shadow would teleport right in front of Sonic to be faster, but since there's no sparkle that goes with it, it's most likely a transport of matter. Finally, this role is pretty much mirrored in most of adaptations like Sonic X and Archie comics, where Shadow both used it to slow down time, but later exclusively to teleport (even between dimensions), sometimes by passing through a breach in Space-Time, sometimes by simply disappearing.

But since in Archie Comics, the move can be performed by certain beings without Chaos Emeralds (like Shadow, Enerjak, the Brotherhood of Guardians...) if their link to the Chaos Force is powerful enough, it may mean that their particles would travel through the flow of Chaos Energy before being reassembled.

And now is the perfect time to get on my second hypothesis...

-Time dilation/Traveling at the speed of light:

albert_2039897c.jpg

The second (or third), most known use of Chaos Control. On the contrary of what fiction can make us believe, time dilation (slowing or accelerating time) is only a phenomenon and not an action. To understand it, we have to look at some relativity theory, and more precisely Special Relativity from our fellow Albert Einstein (and his most popular comrades, Max Planck and Hermann Minkowski). I won't be diving into the details because the amount of these is humongous and hard to understand, but here is the experiment that can sum it up: the Relativity Train.

91962-004-5B9D4732.jpg

Imagine a rail and a train on it, with one observer ( C ) immobile on the ground and one observer ( D ) on the train. The train starts to move at a high speed (represented by an arrow above it), in this example, 4/5 the speed of light (almost 300 000 meters per second), which gives us 24 000 meters per second. Two bolts of lightning ( A and B ) strike the ground at the exact same "time", and the 1st observer, placed right in the middle of the distance separating the two bolts, see them as simultaneous. However, the 2nd observer on the moving train passes by and spot them at the exact same "moment" as the 1st one, but for him, one bolt was faster than the other, depending of the direction of the train.

So what can we deduce from this imaginary experiment? The reason why I put quotation marks on "time" and "moment": time is relative to the one observing it, and not absolute. Why is the 2nd observer (D) seeing differently one bolt? Because light has a finished speed, but this speed is the same in all spaces (as are the laws of physics), so you can't modify light, but you can "catch" it by moving at great speeds yourself. But light rays are the things that make you able to see the world, and everything around you has a set speed too, so what happens? For an outside observer, you would move super fast. But for you, everything else becomes slower.

That is what time dilation is, and technically how the time slow power of Chaos Control would truly work. In the end, the user would move so fast that time would be slowed down for them, and that they would be going from one point to another almost instantly for others. They would disappear and reappear, but that excludes any flashy light effects we quoted before, which makes even outsiders able to differentiate time dilation from the first two possible functions (if they know about it of course). 

Inyrs.jpg

However, technically, continuing to have generic behavior like if you weren't going super fast such as walking normally or checking your Iphone would be impossible, because at this point it's not your entire body that would go at high speeds, but very specific points of it like fingers or eyes. And god knows that these parts aren't used to performing these complex (yup, they're complex) sets of actions at such high speeds. The only possibility is that your individual body parts would be immobile, but the body in itself would be moving in a straight path at this constant speed (like if Silver just cautgh you in Sonic 06 and thrown you like useless branch at high speeds), as the images you see becomes blurry because you are getting closer to the ray of light themselves. Additionally, if we go deeper into the physical issues, not only would this require immense amount of energy to be brought to the person traveling, but it would also affect both his body and his environment: if an object the size of a person moves at a speed way higher than supersonic speeds, it would cause both a very powerful Sonic Boom and an immense air friction on the person's body, not to mention all the body parts that wouldn't be able to follow the rest of it...

18L27e675.png

So why none of this is happening in the Sonic games (and thank god)? "That's because of the Emmerows!" The only explanation is that the Chaos Emeralds gives the energy to every part of the user, but also builds up an invisible "shield" that contains the other energies released by this action before they can lead to a disaster (air friction ripping the body apart, causing a Sonic Boom...). But the added energies would also make that “shield” break, so you really need infinite energy to maintain it, or since nothing is infinite a source of power that is somewhere else and that is transferred constantly to the Emeralds, which takes us back to the Chaos Force concept we developed earlier.

"...Wait, other energy types? And does that mean the energy they provide is infinite or not?" I see you're getting a BIT lost with all this stuff, and I understand that. Don't worry, we'll now pass onto your favorite part: the examples in the games!

In the games:

1425579113-5411-110.jpg

Ironically, all 3 mechanics of Chaos Control (Rifts, teleportation and light speeds) appears in the same game: Sonic Adventure 2. But the only moment where traveling at high speeds is displayed is in its very first appearance, when Sonic and Shadow met for the first time at night in Central City after our blue hero trashed some G.U.N. robot. A fast freeze frame then showed that Shadow just passed by Sonic at high speeds to get to the top of a building, but it wasn't shown this way again in the entire game.

1426194231-heroes-teamblastdark.png

In the next game, Sonic Heroes, Chaos Control is part of Chaos Inferno, the Team Blast of Team Dark. Using a Chaos Emerald that comes out of nowhere, Shadow stops time while other members continue their actions and blast off the bad guys. This demonstrate that this "shield" made by the Chaos Emeralds can extend to other persons and not just one at a time.

1301846777.jpg

I won't be talking a lot about the GBA games, but in Sonic Battle all of Shadow's moves involves Chaos Powers, and one of them make him disappear for a second and then reappear in a Chaos Blast. Since there's no effect during this disappearance, it's most likely speed or VERY kick matter transport. The world-splitting that Dr. Eggman initiated in Sonic Advance 3 is also more likely to go on the very first and second functions described.

1425579541-hero-shadow.jpg

Much like Adventure 2, Shadow the Hedgehog's take on Chaos Control fall in the two (or even three) categories: here, the part interesting us is the gameplay implantation of the move. When the Hero gauge is full, it can be used during stages and bosses, and even here they differ a bit: in stages, it's very clear that Shadow travels at high speeds to navigate through the stage, while everything blurs around him (and he is, supposedly, protected by his blue aura). In bosses, it fully stops time for some seconds, which lead us back to the same hypothesis since Shadow can still influence his surroundings.

1425579634-chaos-control9.jpg

Since Sonic 06, Shadow fully takes on the time slow role of Chaos Control, where saying the move's name (with a Chaos Emerald) slow down time. This is also the case in the Sonic Rivals series, Super Smash Bros series, Sonic and the Black Knight, and maybe Sonic Generations because we can't easily tell it apart from teleportation.

In Sonic Riders series, Shadow's special move takes the form of an orb that freezes opponents when they get caught in it. But this is very less likely to be a Chaos Control as it's said to be, because it could be just something that immobilize the other racers instead of freezing them through time. Because of this, I don't think this case is worth to be broached.

1425579807-sonicchaoscontrol.jpg

Finally, in the comics, during the two famous Genesis and Worlds Collide sagas, Sonic also deals with Chaos Control by using it to restore Mobius back to normal after the first Genesis Wave, and the whole multiverse after the second one (but more or less succeeds because he's interrupted that time). While we could think it's matter alteration, the operation that is resetting one entire planet or multiverse to its original state cannot be accomplished only by that, and matter alteration wouldn't be the same as teleportation, thus wouldn't be Chaos Control.

What we can think is that Sonic used the energy of Chaos Control to actually make the planet/multiverse rotate on itself at very high speeds, but backwards, inducing this with concentrated Chaos Energy, which would mean that Mobius/all dimensions would have been going back in time. But after his second setback, our fellow crazy Eggman disrupted his action, which caused the dimensions to blend together (supposedly the Another Time, Another Place dimension that adapted the games without a difference with Mobius Prime), thus creating a whole new world.

It's kind of hard to prove this, though, because Eggman completly changed reality when unleashing the waves, so it WOULD be matter alteration, and so the easiest way to undo it would be to fight fire with fire. Even when the world went white after Sonic undid the effects of the first Wave, characters could still move before everything vanished. It's something to dig into for the future.

So there you have it: matter transport, wormholes, speed of light and how terrible Sonic 06 is. Now, which one do you think is the most probable, and the most suitable? Do you think I should add more to the topic, or change things about it (like the prensentation)? Let me know your opinion about what power does magical gems give below! And please, if you spot any sort of incorrect scientific statement in my post, tell me immediately. And don't be afraid to be a noob: ask me questions if you didn't got something.

• Thumbs Up 6

Very interesting read, but I honestly think you're going far too deep into this.

Chaos Control is wathever the developers want it to be. It's simply stated as (usually Shadow doing the) manipulation of Chaos energy into wathever the user wants to.

• Thumbs Up 1

I do always appreciate people that go the extra mile to do in-depth analysis and incorporate worldly science to it.  It's always interesting, even if it's at most a discussion for fun as opposed to something which may provide actual clarity to a specific nuance of the series.  Anyway, I won't shoot down your effort in that regard, because there's plenty of merit to it.  I don't know too much about physics and whatnot, anyway, so I can't give you a scientific rebuttal.

But I do think Jin is right in that Chaos Control can be simplified as "whatever the writers want it to be."  I'd raise the argument, however, that Chaos Control itself is not one specific thing, but an umbrella term for a series of processes using the Chaos Emeralds as a basis.  Think of the word "computing."  What does the word "computing" entail?  Engineers compute things.  Programmers compute things.  Artists compute things.  We all compute things.  Lots of people use a computer.  Chaos Control is probably the same thing.  It's not a specific skill like teleportation or distortion of space and time, as much as a broadly-defined action.  Essentially, Shadow is "controlling" the "Chaos" (Emeralds) to do what he wants, much like we might use computers to design blue prints, or to caluclate numerical values, or have discussions about cartoon hedgehogs.

The last one sounds a lot less impressive in the grand scheme of things, though.

• Thumbs Up 2

I thought chaos control was simply, teleportation, and the ability to stop time, and open like wormholes to other dimensions.

You can't really get into warping abilities without going through the other abilities of the Chaos Emeralds.

My general understanding (or headcanon, whatever) is that the Chaos Emeralds are basically talismans under the guise as multicolored gems that operate as a tangible "nodes" for the "Chaos Control" or "Chaos Force" which exists as an extra-dimensional, limitless energy resource, of which are capable of at least three properties.

The first and topic-relevant property is that they are able to create miniature portals or wormholes throughout the third and fourth dimensions (space and time) and allow the user, provided they are capable of activating its function, to warp the passage of time or to teleport to other locations at near-instantaneous speeds.

Secondly, the Chaos Emeralds, being inter-dimensional "nodes" to a limitless energy resource, make for great "batteries" that never go out, but on an individual level can only output a limited frequency. When each Emerald comes in contact with one another, that frequency ceiling increases until all seven are collected, and are able to output the entirety of said limitless energy at once at a constant rate, provided the one who gathered them together either properly contains them by means of specialized technology or a constant supply of Power Rings, which themselves act as keys to reveal the Chaos Emeralds' locations across dimensions. 

The third property is that of a spiritual dimension, where the Emeralds are seemingly capable of sentient "will," the mechanics of which are not fully understood. There are occasions where the Emeralds seem to be drawn to one another, or towards a particular user (for example, Sonic or Shadow), and allow said user to tap into their power without the need for specialized equipment, as Dr Eggman would require. The Emeralds are known to grant wishes, possibly necessitating the aforementioned sentience. And finally, the Chaos Emeralds, according to ancient lore, are capable of converting a user's thoughts into power, so it would imply that a strong-willed individual would be able to utilize their abilities to a greater capacity (is this why Super Sonic looks flashier than Super Knuckles, for instance?) 

It's a giant grey-area, but I think there can still be some consistency with the Emerald's abilities without being solely relegated to plot macguffins. I definitely wish that they would use them more often. They're really freakin' interesting.

• Thumbs Up 2

Thanks for the compliments, Jin and Tara! I know that we're in a universe where antropromophic hedgehogs befriends with rock-breaking echidnas, so we shouldn't take everything seriously, but the fact that this universe uses realistic science (and sometimes not very well) made me use it to explain what I was writing about. But you're right: Chaos Control could be a domain of Chaos techniques that warp space-time, thus it would be much clearer. Still, the fact that the fuctions I described are so different, make me think it would be a bit weird to associate all of them to one, so this is why I took this approach.

However, even if I explained a lot here, that actually wasn't the first intention I had while writing this topic: I actually wished to just present my hypothesis, so that you could tell your own interpretation. But as I went into description, I added detail, then more detail, and more explaining, and I ended up with something more like a article than a topic. Still, it's great to see you all got opinions to share about this!

@Indigo Rush: Ooooooh boy we're gonna get along.

Yes, I should have talked more about the Chaos Emeralds, but since this is a different subject, and that it would take a lot of time to do that, I choosed to focus only on warps. But I really like your interpretation of the Emeralds's power, and how it can explain their abilities. Indeed, I also think that they're at the center of the Sonic Mythos and universe, and not just plot devices, and they could expand the universe A LOT if they were used proprely.

Also, your theory about the frequency and wavelength of the emeralds is actually pretty popular, but such wavelength could easily be a great nuisance for human beings. We can barely survive to UV rays, so infinitely small wavelength... Which makes it even more so that the Chaos Force is connected to the feelings of a person, thus its brain, to determine what energy should be given and how it woukd have to be brought to the person. Would that mean that it could be used to read minds? If that's so, that WOULD explain how Rouge actually engaged a fight for nothing with Team Chaotix in Sonic Heroes (Well Shadow had that Emerald that's supposed to be in a special stage right where you know, so...). õ_õ

• Thumbs Up 1

What is so hard to grasp about Chaos Control warping space-time? 

From the Space-Time Manipulation page on the Superpower wiki, these are the applications of Space-Time manipulation:

I'm pretty sure each version of Chaos Control is in here.

Well, I didn't even knew there existed a Wiki about Superpowers. But that's going to be useful! ...As a reference, because I've been trying to explain Chaos Control with realistic science, like the Sonic franchise does, and not science fiction, because it's usually pretty hard to explain logically and some statements in it are incorrect (e.g. : black holes don't destroy matter, they simply absorb it and it can't go back until the hole dies out, OR deleting/creating space is too ambiguous because it's litteraly impossible to create "space", but instead matter).

Some of the powers you quoted could explain very simply Chaos Control, but it would be a bit difficult to explain them with the physics knowledge he have to this day (Manipulation of 4th Dimension, which is still very abstract). Some could even be regrouped, like Spacial Displacement that could be remplaced by anything related to teleportation. But thanks for that wiki anyway, Sparky, definitely going to check more about it.

You also made me remember about something I should have talked about: the 4th Dimension. I never even thought to it, actually, and that's a mistake seeing how much it could explain things up.  Now, as with all mathematical theories that are really abstract, it's very hard to explain it clearly. I wanted to write a complicated paragraph about it like I did before, but I found a video that could sum it up much better than I:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yW--eQaA2I

So the idea is that the Emeralds would allow travel of 3D objects to the 4th Dimension, before getting back to the 3rd Dimension. The process goes like this: getting into the 4th D, getting back into another 3rd D space (possibly another dimension, which could also explain how Chaos Emeralds allow dimensional travel), and finally get back into 4th D for a moment to be back to your original 3D space, only in a different position. That being said, this theory couldn't explain time slow by any means, but combines perfecly with Teleportation and Space-Time rift. Chaos Energy could even be located in this 4th dimension.

But, because there's always a but, there's still a problem with that: it's not very well known that if a being travels through dimensions and moves in its new dimension, its going to collapse because of all the changes its body will have to go through. So if our little hedgehogs just make one step into that dimension, they're gonna die in a super-gross manner. EXCEPT...If they're not bodies anymore, just particles, because most laws of physics would be the same. Which is exactly what I developped in my first version of Chaos Control in the OP: teleportation. So the two would actually have to work together if you don't want your hedgehogs finished, and make them pass without difficulties through 4th Dimension. Now, if THAT'S not theory improvement...  ;) 

Also, I didn't noticed before, but...

What is so hard to grasp about Chaos Control warping space-time?

The last one sounds a lot less impressive in the grand scheme of things, though.

What do you mean by that?

I'm with Tara in that all of it falls under chaos control, and that chaos control is a broad term referring to manipulation of chaos energy and does not imply specifics.

Well, I didn't even knew there existed a Wiki about Superpowers. But that's going to be useful! ...As a reference, because I've been trying to explain Chaos Control with realistic science, like the Sonic franchise does, and not science fiction, because it's usually pretty hard to explain logically and some statements in it are incorrect (e.g. : black holes don't destroy matter, they simply absorb it and it can't go back until the hole dies out, OR deleting/creating space is too ambiguous because it's litteraly impossible to create "space", but instead matter).

Some of the powers you quoted could explain very simply Chaos Control, but it would be a bit difficult to explain them with the physics knowledge he have to this day (Manipulation of 4th Dimension, which is still very abstract). Some could even be regrouped, like Spacial Displacement that could be remplaced by anything related to teleportation. But thanks for that wiki anyway, Sparky, definitely going to check more about it.

You also made me remember about something I should have talked about: the 4th Dimension. I never even thought to it, actually, and that's a mistake seeing how much it could explain things up.  Now, as with all mathematical theories that are really abstract, it's very hard to explain it clearly. I wanted to write a complicated paragraph about it like I did before, but I found a video that could sum it up much better than I:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yW--eQaA2I

So the idea is that the Emeralds would allow travel of 3D objects to the 4th Dimension, before getting back to the 3rd Dimension. The process goes like this: getting into the 4th D, getting back into another 3rd D space (possibly another dimension, which could also explain how Chaos Emeralds allow dimensional travel), and finally get back into 4th D for a moment to be back to your original 3D space, only in a different position. That being said, this theory couldn't explain time slow by any means, but combines perfecly with Teleportation and Space-Time rift. Chaos Energy could even be located in this 4th dimension.

But, because there's always a but, there's still a problem with that: it's not very well known that if a being travels through dimensions and moves in its new dimension, its going to collapse because of all the changes its body will have to go through. So if our little hedgehogs just make one step into that dimension, they're gonna die in a super-gross manner. EXCEPT...If they're not bodies anymore, just particles, because most laws of physics would be the same. Which is exactly what I developped in my first version of Chaos Control in the OP: teleportation. So the two would actually have to work together if you don't want your hedgehogs finished, and make them pass without difficulties through 4th Dimension. Now, if THAT'S not theory improvement...  ;) 

Also, I didn't noticed before, but...

What do you mean by that?

I mean that all of the different applications of Chaos Control that has been used have all been manipulations of either space, time, or both. Teleportation is an application of warping Space, Freezing or Slowing time is an application of warping Time, and Time Travel is techniquely both, etc. (I never understood the phrase saying "Not where, but WHEN" because usually, when Time Travelling, you end up in a different area in the different time period.)

I mean that all of the different applications of Chaos Control that has been used have all been manipulations of either space, time, or both. Teleportation is an application of warping Space, Freezing or Slowing time is an application of warping Time, and Time Travel is techniquely both, etc. (I never understood the phrase saying "Not where, but WHEN" because usually, when Time Travelling, you end up in a different area in the different time period.)

I see...And you're right, that could happen in the 4th Dimension theory or the case of Wormholes. You also gave me the idea that I should add the other posters's ideas to the topic as notes, Amom.

Also, completly unrelated, but do you think that this topic should be fused with The "Topic of Over Thinking and Connecting things to Sonic"? Mine is so close I don't really think it should stand alone, even if it would probably take a lot of space...I think it would be better if it was integrated, but seeing that this one already got a bunch of replies, it might be too late.