Awoo.

How Sonic needs to play in his future games.

ashes2thestars

I thought that Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Colors, and Sonic Generations were really on to something. However, there were many things that somewhat hindered the experience. Luckily, though, I know how to solve those problems.

1. Adjusted Quick Time Events

I don't mind having to press a certain combination of buttons whenever you go off of a ramp. However, I believe that they should have the exact same combination every time you play. I also don't think that you should fall into a bottomless pit or a trap if you fail. Speaking of which...

2. No Bottomless Pits

This is one of the largest problems I came across when playing, especially when boosting. However, why must those traps be there? Remove them. It's not like they'd take away the challenge.

3. No 2-D Level Design

Sonic controls the best in a 3-D environment when using the modern game-play elements.

4. No "Lowering of Musical Quality"

You know how when Sonic boosts really fast, the music drains out? Well, no more of that.

1. Adjusted Quick Time Events

I don't mind having to press a certain combination of buttons whenever you go off of a ramp. However, I believe that they should have the exact same combination every time you play. I also don't think that you should fall into a bottomless pit or a trap if you fail.

Why even have QTEs in the first place? I can understand QTEs if they want to have some flashy scene that can't reasonably be integrated into the normal controls (like the werehog's finishing moves), but what sense does it make to press some arbitrary sequence of buttons just to change paths (or to not die)?

3. No 2-D Level Design

Sonic controls the best in a 3-D environment when using the modern game-play elements.

Sonic controls like roasted ass in 3D in the boost games. The only reason the boost gameplay works at all is the levels are tightly constrained and even invisibly guiding you in the right direction. I'd like to see 3D Sonic games actually be fully 3D again, but they need something better than the boost gameplay to build from.
  • Thumbs Up 4

QTE's should have the exact same combination every time you play.

This would take a terrible concept and make it worse. QTE's don't belong in a Sonic game, giving QTE's the exact same combination would make those segments so terribly boring there would be utterly no point in their inclusion.

2. No Bottomless Pits

Why is it so hard to jump over these?

I've never understood this complaint, jump over the things. The main issue I think that these have are how frequent they are or if they're in a cheap place such as just after a moment which means the player has to react in a split second.

3. No 2-D Level Design

What is your point here? That the homing attack is best for 3D environments?

4. No "Lowering of Musical Quality"

You know how when Sonic boosts really fast, the music drains out? Well, no more of that.

Why not just have this in the options menu? This is just something which reacts to a user input/value condition change. It can be disabled It's just a value change which can be given