Awoo.

Flame Over "So hurry hurry Fireman Blaze!"

Badnik Mechanic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIVl6gWrIhE

So this game appeared on my radar last week, some are calling it one of the best games on the Vita right now, some are going as far as calling it the best game on the system.

Flame Over is a rougelike fire fighting game, you play as a fireman and have to rescue people and cats from burning buildings in as quick a time as possible.

However, you will die, you will die a lot. But that's ok.

This is a game where you learn through making mistakes, it's really challenging and from the feedback a lot of people really seem to like it.

1zCzVOR.jpg

RjFE8uD.jpg

Don't let the art style fool you, this is a really fun and really challenging little game. The developer is on Gaf and is taking user feedback quite seriously including adding a new control scheme. Also a PS4 version is planned.

Has anyone picked this up yet? If so, got any thoughts on it? I'm probably gonna buy it tonight to take advantage of the PS+ discount for launch, anyone got this yet? It seems to be getting a lot of positive feedback.

Oh yeah. Review scores

PSNation : 10/10

JoyPad : 90/100

PS Vita Roundup - 9/10

Punk and Lizard : 9/10

The Vita Lounge : 4.5/5

Coffee Break Gaming : 9/10

GBA Temp : 8.5/10

Swedish IGN 7.1/10

Playstation Lifestyle : 7/10

Push Square : 7/10

The Sixth Axis - 5/10

That looks like a really fun game..

Man. My wanting to get a Vita just got larger.

This reminds me of Burning Rangers, and I've never even played Burning Rangers. D:

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't let the art style fool you,

Don't see why or how it could in the first place.

So I picked this up, been playing it for nearly a week now... and oh my this is one very special game. 

You play as a London Fireman who is called out to a major blaze at an office, you then progress though a number of stages rescuing people and cats along the way.

The game is very challenging and very good. But it's also very very well made and requires you to think a lot. 

For instance, there's a door ahead of you, should you spray it with water? What if there's no oxygen in that room? Open it up and BOOM backdraft.

How about the floor? Spray water or foam on it? It'll use your supplies and waste time, but it will slow and stop the fire from spreading. 

The game also has some social commentary to it too, if it's trying to do this on purpose or not is debatable, but if it is, it's brilliant, if not, it's a nice accident. You know how every now and again you get those news stories about fire fighters being called out to stupid emergencies or hoaxes? Well... Whilst the object of the game is to put out the fire, rescue people and cats, there is a lady on some missions called "Miss Ion", this lady will not leave the building unless you do something for her, the first time it's "Find my handbag!" the next it's "Save my mail!" then it's "Turn on the servers!" 

You can chose not to do these, but if you do you get rewards which you need to build up your character, so it's worth doing, but all the while you think "Lady! The building is on fire!!!"

There is a time limit, but when it reaches zero you don't just die, the grim reaper spawns and begins to hunt you down. This encourages you do actually save people in order to prevent being hunted.

The only thing I'm not much of a fan of is the music, it's ok, just a bit repetitive. 

If you've got a vita, grab this, definitely one of the best games on the system.

• 2 months later...