Awoo.

Pixels (2015): Adam Sandler, you did it again!

Kaze no Klonoa

Ever heard of Pixels? No? It's a upcoming movie about aliens that misinterpret video games as a deceleration of war, and take the personas of large arcade characters in order to attack Earth. It sounds incredibly stupid, yet it sounds like something that would be fun to watch. Well...

Prepare for a full new trailer coming on the 17th, and yes, Donkey Kong is in it. The movie is coming sometime this summer.

PixelsMovieTeaserPoster.jpg

Discuss the madness that is Pixels. I'm quite liking the look on these giant beasts I should say.

Edited by Inkling no Klonoa
  • Thumbs Up 2

Ah so it finally is coming.

Is it going to be a disaster film about 8-bit gaming destroying everything because that's the impression I got from the short they're basing it on.

I heard about this last week... then I looked into the development history and decided to no longer be joyful.

It's been in development hell for a VERY long time. Never a good sign with something like this.

• Thumbs Up 2

>Directed by Chris Columbus

>Adam Sandler starring

Yeeeeeah, this is a case of having an absolutely great concept and putting it into the wrong hands. Chris Columbus is the outright textbook definition of a by-the-numbers director (he directed Home Alone, Mrs. Doubfire, the first two Harry Potters, and the first Percy Jackson movie.), with his films having little to no interesting camerawork that should be prevalent in a film such as this one. Home Alone, Doubtfire and the Potter films didn't succeed because of him, but because of him working with an insanely talented cast and crew. With an ensemble cast being led by somebody as washed up as Adam Sandler, that's not seeming to be the case here. But what do you know, I might find this to be a great movie once I come around to seeing it this summer. As for now, I'm not holding my breath.

• Thumbs Up 5

Some part of me expects some idiot politician/moral guardian to use this as an example of video games being evil and thus needing to be banned.

• Thumbs Up 4

I agree with many on this, I'm pretty sure the way it's going it's probably not going to go well. Development hell, being under pretty poor hands, I'm not betting on this movie wowing many people.

It sounds great on paper, but almost anything that Adam Sandler touches burns to ashes. I'll wait until the trailer comes out before I can really form an opinion.

am a bit 50/50, overall i dont watch recent movies much nowdays, depend really of the titles.

But it look a maybe for me. just need a trailer for it.

It sucks because I've been really wanting video game movies to be the next "superhero" craze. With so much talk about video game adaptations and whatnot being made, I don't want this heaping pile of shit to be one of the earlier movies out the gate and sour the general publics' view on them. Extremely dramatic on my part, but I guess it just irks me that this is actually a thing lmao.

The only thing that can save it is that it's so bad that there's some amazing puns and terribly awesome deaths and whatnot. Doubt it, but I guess that's all I got for the hopes department.

News Reporter: Tom, what I think were seeing here is a giant...is that really a....Tom it looks like a giant Blinky from Pacman is wiping out the pentagon!"

Tom: Well Stacy, it looks like 8-bit of disaster out there doesn't it? It seems tha--

*shuts off TV*

Adam Sandler: The 8-bit monster is taking down the pentagon. This 2D character is now in 3D. 8-5=3, but where's that one left over to get it back to 2(D)?!

*camera zooms*
Adam Sandler: Me

• Thumbs Up 6

Geez adam sandler isnt too bad. I dont really care who is working on this, I just hope its good thats all.

So the movie is a Comedy Sci-Fi film? I don't really get the Comedy part. But if this includes horrible puns and jokes....well this could be a problem.

So the movie is a Comedy Sci-Fi film? I don't really get the Comedy part. But if this includes horrible puns and jokes....well this could be a problem.

is this supposed to look anything other than funny/amusing

• Thumbs Up 5

I agree with what everyone is saying so far as well. The fact that Adam Sandler is in this doesn't help. It's a shame too because this sounds great on paper, but when it's gone through development hell, plus a poor choice of actors...I don't know....

True that, but I don't really see what's so amusing beyond seeing video game characters destroying cities. If anything, the recent teaser seems to depict that the movie is probably going to be more of "Oh no, evil threat is destroying cities!" than "Looks like he made 8-bit of a disaster! HAR HAR HAR"

*Also, it's music is being composed by Henry Jackman.

Wait, it's actually a movie? I thought it was something else..Anyway, I guess it sounds interesting. Not the type of movie I'll go out and watch on the first day but I'll keep my eye out for this one. 

Geez adam sandler isnt too bad. I dont really care who is working on this, I just hope its good thats all.

Adam Sandler was the ''genius'' who ended up giving us Grown Ups, The Master of Disguise, Eight Crazy Nights, and Jack & Jill. The majority of them being up there as the absolute most terrible comedies ever made. Even when he does manage to get something good like Hotel Transylvania, it's likely a massive fluke and helped by the fact that the writer was a person who actually knows how to make quality stuff (It was the creator of Dexter's Lab and Samurai Jack who created Hotel Transylvania). Other than that, every other thing he has made since at least 2000-2001 is absolutely terrible, with the non-animated exception being Click in my opinion. 

Considering the director mentions that this is suppose to be like Ghostbusters and having a midget character just for a sake of having a midget character, the vibe give off a action comedy.

Hmmmm....

On one hand... Sandler...

On the other hand....

What the fuck is there not to love in this? And if Donkey Kong is in it I think I have to see it out of Kongbligation.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sure yeah Sandler is in this and it might be a flop.

Buuuut on the other hand, I love me some Kevin James and Peter Dinklage, so might be not bad. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow. Wasn't expecting so many people to have the same "Well, that sounds intere-Adam Sandler? Crud" reaction as I did. 

I might maybe possibly consider watching it if my family rents it. Theaters no way. 

I'm going to have to watch this just because its gaming related. It sounds interesting in concept, but I am worried because I've not heard anything good about Adam Sandler movies in a long time.

I have mixed reactions on this. Adam Sandler? Mmmmmayyyybe...

And, I know that it's 16-bit but still, we could see the possible appearance of Sonic the Hedgehog. I dunno, I'm just sketching ideas.

But Sonic had 8-bit outings too.

130291713629.jpg

To be honest though, considering we missed out on him in WiR I'd be content with just Mario showing up.

But Sonic had 8-bit outings too.

130291713629.jpg

To be honest though, considering we missed out on him in WiR I'd be content with just Mario showing up.

Mario does need a bit of love every now and then, but I'm not sure about how Nintendo will go upon it. They are rather against seeing their characters on the big screen, whether it's an adaption or cameo.