Awoo.

Sonic Runners: Operation Unlock Amy

Badnik Mechanic

The last topic died... 

So originally the idea was to try and unlock Amy Rose, why do this? Well two main reasons.

1: I want more characters.

2: Speed characters are currently the best for all the stages, so having two levelled up is the best strategy for points when the game turns to random mode.

Here is what we know so far.

How to get a referral

• You need to link your game to your Facebook account. 
  • You then need to 'invite friends' from the options screen.
  • They need to download, install and play Sonic Runners.
  • When they start the game and get past the tutorial, they will be prompted to link their Facebook profile.
  • If they do this, they can then accept your referral.

Questions

Q: If someone has been playing this game, linked to Facebook, can they still be a referral?

A: Yes.

Q: I don't care about Amy, why else should I do this?

A: Each referral also gets you 20 red rings, even if the dummy facebook account is delete, the rings are never taken away.

Q: I was someone's referral, can I delete the Facebook app and be another?

A: No, the game ID will still record it. 

The problems

• You need 10 friends to play the game.
  • The process to play through to the Facebook link takes around 10min.
  • When a player accepts a Runners invite, even if they delete their facebook app, the game will not allow them to be referred again.
  • There is no way to check how many referrals you have done.

The Facebook Restriction

Facebook itself has a number of restrictions in place which makes this process even harder.

• Facebook will delete any accounts which do not appear to be genuine/have been updated after X length of time... so you can't stockpile 10 accounts then do the process at once.
  • A single computer cannot create X number of accounts per day (usually 2 or 3).
  • A single computer cannot create X number of accounts per day even if they use a proxi.
  • A single computer cannot create X number of accounts per day even if hey use a different network.

Possible strategies 

The Legit way: You do it legit, 10 friends, 10 referrals, happy days. 

Cons: Potentially you would never do it, unless you have 10 very nice friends who are into Sonic.

10 men, 10 accounts: You get 10 people who want Amy, every day or two days they all make 1 Facebook account, they then play using those accounts. 1 player in the 10 then gets referrals for all those accounts.

Cons: Process will take a VERY long time, looking at weeks. Relies heavily on the team sticking together, ideally all must be online to do this at the same time. Need to hope Facebook allows for account creation for all 10 without any problems.

Solo boosting: You do it Solo, but instead of trying to get real people, you create your own Facebook multi's and use them. 

Cons: Takes a very long time. You cannot stockpile Facebook accounts, you'll be looking at 2 referrals per 2 days if you are lucky.

Unknowns

Currently, there is a big unknown which I'm not sure about which could potentially destroy the solo boosting method 

If the dummy Facebook account isn't used or doesn't appear to be genuine after X number of days, Facebook deletes it. 

The concern: The game recognises that account has been deleted and takes it away from your referral total, meaning a solo boosting method would be impossible unless you paid for facebook accounts or had someone helping you by supplying accounts to use.

Question: You can only accept one referral, makes sense. So what if everyone here, who hasn't accepted an invite, links their Facebook or their false Facebook and then someone invites them and pretty much a first come, first serve.

1. Post Facebook that is linked to runners.

2. Someone invites that person.

3. That person says they have accepted said invite (by editing their post or whatever).

Rinse, Repeat, Until we run out of Facebook's or get Amy. Just brainstormin' tho.

Question: You can only accept one referral, makes sense. So what if everyone here, who hasn't accepted an invite, links their Facebook or their false Facebook and then someone invites them and pretty much a first come, first serve.

Yes that would work. 

Say you've not accepted a referral, I add you to my friends list on facebook, I send you an invite and you accept, that counts as one referral.

But that's it, you can never be anyone elses.

Well i am game. I dont mind adding a few people and sending a few invs. Really want Amy

Well i am game. I dont mind adding a few people and sending a few invs. Really want Amy

That's the problem.

Say I add you, if you've not been a referral for anyone yet, I could refer you, but you wouldn't be able to refer me because I've already been someone's. 

So for me, there's no way to return the favour.

That's the problem.

Say I add you, if you've not been a referral for anyone yet, I could refer you, but you wouldn't be able to refer me because I've already been someone's. 

So for me, there's no way to return the favour.

I see, that brings up a problem...not sure how many people we got in SSMB that can refer etc

Update! 

I just unlocked Amy!

As already known, she plays exactly like Sonic, only I think her jump SFX is different and for some reason the game seems a bit less laggy as her. 

Bit of news with this which can de-confirm the unknown.

If Facebook deletes one of your multi's, it will not be counted against you! So long as you got that referral, it still counts. 

Lucky Bastard!

Gonna Try this method.

Also, will my data be deleted if I do this with the multis?

Only if you delete/remove the game from your device. You need two devices that can play Runners. One is your main account (Don't delete this one), the other is for multi's, this is the one you install/remove the game from for your multi's. 

The way I did it was, I had my main account on my phone, then I used Andydroid on my desktop for the multi's.

I waited too long for this. Later on today, I'm gonna start doing your method. Seeing other people have Amy just makes me jealous!

Now here's a silly question, if you delete your game data on one device, will you lose your data on another if both devices are logged into the same google play store account?

Or should you just create an alt google play store account just to be safe?

Also, does anyone know where this game is stored on your android device? After some searching I have not been able to find where this game could possible be stored so that I can back it up.

... Oh my.

Everyone, Merlina is broken as all hell. You can use her to get basically infinite wisp powers. All you have to is buy the character switch before the level. Get whatever combo you need to get to get the wisp. Then once that wisp runs out, switch to the other character. You'll go back into Wisp mode. Then repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat. As long as your combo doesn't run out this can seemingly go on forever.

This is no more apparent than your main man, DSS!

Oh boy, wonder how broken Shahra, King Arthur and Erazor would be now!

So I made 10 referrals (solo boosted). Haven't got any red star rings for each referral and I still haven't got Amy.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

Is this really working on iOS devices since it wasn't working before the world release?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Yes, I think requesting Facebook adds here would be the best solution for everyone here.

In my case, my name is Bill Gename. There are two results for my name; the one with the avatar of me dressing up as Sonic is the one you want to send a request to. For those who have less unique names, I suggest you let us know which one it is.

Guys... mindlessly saying add me I want Amy isn't going to help you due to the way the referral system works. 

You will have much better results using the solo boosting method.