Awoo.

Gravity Rush Remastered (PS4) - Confirmed (Feburary 2nd 2016)

Ryannumber1gamer

Unrelated but Sony have said Gravity Rush 2 was still happening, and have stated that currently, no first party Vita games are in development. Which means GR2 is almost definitely confirmed for PS4.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2015/06/22/gravity-rush-2-is-still-happening-sony-waiting-for-the-right-time/

• 2 weeks later...

And it's confirmed.

21220147210_71c2ddb337_c.jpg 20785535144_7cac8b1a69_n.jpg 21397354912_19ae3ac9dd_n.jpg

21416640941_26c2427c5b_h.jpg

But that’s not all. In advance of the sequel, Gravity Rush Remastered, a retelling of Kat’s high flying (and falling) PS Vita adventures launches on 10th February 2016, again exclusively for PlayStation 4.

Brought to life on the big screen by the team at BluePoint Games, you’ll be able to join heroine Kat and her sidekick Dusty as they soar through the enchanting city of Hekseville like never before. On the graphics side, this release takes advantage of the PS4 hardware to deliver smooth, vibrant HD visuals.

All three original DLC packs released alongside Gravity Rush’s initial release – the Spy Pack, The Maid Pack and The Military Pack – will also be included within the game.

Whether you are brand new to the franchise, or want to relive the experience again, Gravity Rush Remastered is the perfect opportunity to experience the magical story of Kat as she seeks answers to her mysterious gravity-defying powers and forgotten past, now in full HD glory on your flatscreen TV. And given the ample graphics and performance improvements, it’s worth checking out again in all its new visual glory.

Source: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/09/15/gravity-rush-2-and-gravity-rush-remastered-announced-for-ps4/

I vastly prefer the Vita boxart over this one. 

I think this is likely just placecover boxart until the actual one comes out.

• 3 months later...

Can't wait to finally play this. I have the game but I don't have a Vita, hehe.

When's the US release? Has it been confirmed?

Can't wait to finally play this. I have the game but I don't have a Vita, hehe.

When's the US release? Has it been confirmed?

Feburary 2nd 2016 for both the UK and US. It's already released in Japan.

• Thumbs Up 2

My older brother played the Vita version of the original, and he seemed to like it. I never played it, though, but I do smell an excuse to go and play it, especially since Bluepoint is handling the PS4 port.

• 3 weeks later...

There's new news. Amazon UK have finally put the game up for pre-order, confirming the UK release date to be 5th February 2016.

On top of that, the US box art as mentioned above, it does seem to be the box art Japan got, while the UK is getting the box art that resembles the Vita cover much more, and in general looks better.

tumblr_inline_nxtlv6kZN91r40otq_540.png

• 3 weeks later...

Heads up-- the game's out now! I recommend that anyone who missed out on Gravity Rush the first time around on Vita and want to give it a shot now pick this up.

Also, you can (finally) purchase the game's soundtrack on PlayStation Store for $11.99. It's an app for the PS4, though, but don't worry-- you have the option of exporting it as MP3s to a USB device to take GR's beautiful music wherever you go and put it on any device you want.

Just now, SonicWind said:

Heads up-- the game's out now! I recommend that anyone who missed out on Gravity Rush the first time around on Vita and want to give it a shot now pick this up.

Also, you can (finally) purchase the game's soundtrack on PlayStation Store for $11.99. It's an app for the PS4, though, but don't worry-- you have the option of exporting it as MP3s to a USB device to take GR's beautiful music wherever you go and put it on any device you want.

Sweet! Unfortunately, it doesn't come out in the UK until Friday :(

Any chance you can confirm if it comes with the exclusive GR theme?

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Sweet! Unfortunately, it doesn't come out in the UK until Friday :(

Any chance you can confirm if it comes with the exclusive GR theme?

Well, uh, I actually don't have it yet. But as a fan of the original release, I'm definitely getting it.

1 minute ago, SonicWind said:

Well, uh, I actually don't have it yet. But as a fan of the original release, I'm definitely getting it.

Oh right. 

Well, good to see there's other fans of GR around here! Hope to see that number increase with the PS4 release.