Awoo.

The X-Files is returning to TV "The truth is I want to Believe"

Badnik Mechanic

CA4E9VUUcAA6b_1.jpg

So after... what is it 13 years and a not so great movie. The X-Files is returning to TV!

FOX has commissioned a special 6 part event which is said to be shown later this year. Chris Carter is once again at the helm of the special.

No casting decisions have been announced, but Mulder and Scully will be the leads again, David Duchovny however has said he was 'fucking overjoyed' at the news, but hasn't yet confirmed that he's in the show. Gillian Anderson has yet to comment.

I loved this show back in the day, kinda interested to see it coming back, though if they don't get the original cast, probably not gonna board that hype train just yet.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/the-xfiles-returns-with-new-season-starring-david-duchovny-and-gillian-anderson-10131104.html

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Badnik Mechanic

• Kevin

• Zaysho

• iDEATH

Gillian Anderson was on Radio 2 about a week ago and said they were in talks about doing another series.

The original series were pretty good. I would be surprised if a new series could still have the same appeal after all these years.

I'm a fairly casual fan of the X-Files, only seeing scattered episodes (most of them not "mytharc") in recent years, but I know my sister is hyped about this. I might check this out.

I've never watched X-files, at least no  more than a couple episodes but I've wanted to give it a go for a while. That said, I'm glad to see it making a comeback, I'm always fond of seeing what's happened to characters after a long gap.

Hopefully though, this won't have any effect on Duchovny reprising his role as Denise in the new series of Twin Peaks because...well...because Denise NEEDS to comes back...

I'm cautiously optimistic, especially since Mulder and Scully are returning. It's going to be hard to top the original series which I personally loved though.

• 1 month later...

Aw, Scully's hair isn't "just a little too red" anymore?

Also, cripes, Duchovny and Anderson haven't aged a damn bit. Incredible.

They actually have, it's notable in a recent RL appearance they did. That's just heavily photoshopped.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Well to start a discussion since it's now airing, tonight's episode was much better than last night's. I can understand that they have to explain everything for those who didn't watch the original series, but the episode in general felt awkward.

Fox really screwed up last night with how long it took between the NFL post-game show and the actual airing the episode. I was this close to turning off the TV and waiting until the next day to watch an online stream of the premiere episode because it felt like they were going on and on with the post-game stuff.