Awoo.

20th Century Fox's Deadpool movie

Gabz Girl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOuVrlGemd0

So you all might remember that at last year's SDCC there was test footage trailer of the Deadpool movie that, at the time, was pretty much in development hell. Of course it got leaked on to Youtube really fast and because the reaction to it was so positive, Fox decided to go ahead and finally make it!

Since then, there hasn't really been much info about the film...until now. We finally have a new photo of Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool costume and it is amazing.

8eAjmlt.jpg

I think this movie could be really good y'know? Just need to find out if the plot is any good...also, the rating! Will they play it safe and go hard PG-13 or will it be R?

With that said, let's talk about the Deadpool movie here and this badass costume! XD

• Thumbs Up 8

Tell me about it yeesh. Origins had many other problems but that was definitely the biggest one! DX Who even thought it would be a good idea to sew his mouth shut??

EDIT: Logo and short synopsis has been revealed. Aw yea, origin story!

deadpool-129049.jpg

Based upon Marvel Comics’ most unconventional anti-hero, DEADPOOL tells the origin story of former Special Forces operative turned mercenary Wade Wilson.

Edited by Gabz Girl
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ryan Reynolds is definitely the person for the job especially with the sarcasm and humour and he is athletic. Hopefully third time's the charm or fourth if you include Blade: Trinity which I thought he was actually good in, not the best Blade movie though.

Here's hoping not much's been altered from the leaked script, especially not alterations to bring him more in line with Waypool (IE Deadpool written by Daniel Way or similars, where he loses all the seriousness and just becomes a bad Looney Tune like in the game).

Deadpool works when we get his serious moments as much as his funny ones, please. The man trying to be a hero but failing, not the man killing people because they like Jar Jar Binks.

On another note, I hope we see some jokes where Deadpool mocks the idea of origin stories. Considering all his forth wall breaks, I could imagine a joke like "I hope they don't give me as many origin movies as that Spider guy". 

Or better yet, a joke about how awful X-Men: Origins was and mocking the look that Deadpool had in the film. It is the same actor after all, so I hope he makes reference to it.

The Deadpool movie is finally confirmed?! YEEEEEEEAAAAAAA--

Hold on, gimme a sec.

*closes tab with Deadpool leaked test movie footage playing on loop*

--AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Seriously, I cannot wait for this movie. We finally get to see the Merc with a Mouth on the big screen! Again! But we will forget the first time he did.

And Ryan Renolds already seems like a good role for Deadpool, despite how little we've seen. He played Deadpool to his best in *shudder* X-Men Origins, and he played the voice of Deadpool perfectly in the test footage.

dis gon be gud movie

The best part of the test footage is when the car is flipping over and we see Deadpool sitting in a car pointing to a drawing he made. The best part? It looks exactly like one of his drawings from the comics.

I'm seriously hyped for this movie and it seems like Fox are on a role with this movies. Days of Future Past was a brilliant movie and this one is looking better every minute. The only one I'm expecting to be bad is the new FF film.

Ryan Reynolds addresses the rumors about the supposed PG-13 rating, about how it will allow them to reach a wide audience while still maintaining the integrity and spirit of Deadpool. 

just kidding, reverse April Fools, the movie is confirmed they're shooting for R rating, motherfucker.

Ryan Reynolds addresses the rumors about the supposed PG-13 rating, about how it will allow them to reach a wide audience while still maintaining the integrity and spirit of Deadpool. 

just kidding, reverse April Fools, the movie is confirmed they're shooting for R rating, motherfucker.

Well, looks like me and my sister aren't seeing this film until we're 18... Crud.

This film is shaping up great initially. Especially with R rating news, meaning they won't hold back on what Deadpool is known for.

And that costume is dope 

• 3 months later...

Bumping for new photos and info for what looks to be the best movie ever, superhero or otherwise

deadpool2.jpg

deadpool1.jpg
deadpool-2.jpg

Would the person who leaked 2011 test footage of Deadpool—thereby throwing fans into a frenzy and triggering a long-awaited green light for the project—please stand up? Ryan Reynolds wants to kiss you. “And not just a little kiss,” he purrs, “but full on the mouth, sloppy, with tongue, for two straight minutes on live television, without commercial interruption. And then I’ll buy you dinner at Red Lobster, at least, and dessert.”

Reynolds is channeling his character—the libertine, sarcastic motormouth Wade Wilson a.k.a. Deadpool—but he’s also speaking from the heart. 
The actor has wanted to play Marvel’s baddest boy for more than a decade. He appeared as a sanitized version of the role in 2009’s X-Men Origins: Wolverine (two years before his starring turn in the ill-fated Green Lantern), but this project aims to mimic the comic’s violent, obscene, spicy, funny, fourth-wall-breaking tone, and to let Reynolds and company push the film (out Feb. 12) way past PG-13.

Deadpool is a hard R,” assures producer Simon Kinberg (X-Men: Days of Future Past). “It’s graphic. Nothing is taboo. You either commit to a truly outrageous boundary-pushing kind of movie or you don’t.”

First-time director Tim Miller, who designed the arresting open credits sequence for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, cites a different David Fincher movie as a touchstone: “I felt Fight Club and Tyler Durden were good corollaries,” he says. “We are in strip clubs and dive bars and crappy apartments and far away from the shiny X-Men world.”  

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/02/deadpool-ryan-reynolds-comic-con

• Thumbs Up 4

I just can't get over how bloody incredible the costume looks! Seriously, best looking Superhero movie costume ever right there.

Both the Deadpool, and Ant-Man are really well done and cool looking practical costumes, which is impressive with how both are extremely loyal to the comics

Wow, that costume is looking better and better!

Can't wait until it comes out! (Not like I'll be watching it.)

That trailer was......Something. Guess I still am too young for this.

Also, it's pretty obvious how stuff from the test footage was used in the final movie. I know, that test footage was great but more original stuff to take it's place in the trailer would be nice.

• 4 weeks later...

THERE'S the obligitory X-Men Origins Wolverine joke!

Oh, and uh... Sorry for the Double Post.

The first trailer is finally now available to all you lovely people, in both NSFW Red Band and "Family Friendly" Green Band versions

...I don't care what my age is, I'm going to see this movie as soon as it comes out.

I honestly don't know a great deal about Deadpool (just the basic overview), nor have I seen most of the Fox superhero films.

I have to say though, the marketing/hype for this film is being played beautifully so far. I'm loving what I'm seeing and February can't come soon enough. Shame the Mrs. isn't interested, but I don't think I'll hve a shortage of mates to go see it with.

Wow, and I thought this would be a complete gag film; it actually feels like classic Deadpool.

Deadpool movie! Why you no come out sooner! It's already looking great from the trailer and that costume looks amazing!