Awoo.

The Fantastic Four (2015)

Klinsy

The movie isn't even going to be released in China, and it's already performed terribly in international regions. It's dead in the water and Fox knows it. 

The movie isn't even going to be released in China, and it's already performed terribly in international regions. It's dead in the water and Fox knows it. 

Bruh, if China doesn't want nothing to do with your movie in this day and age then you know you're screwed. Lol.

• Thumbs Up 5

You know this movie is starting to remind me of the FF  movie from  the 90's.

A piece of crap made only to hang on to the rights.

The difference? They knew the one from the 90's was a piece of crap and was never planning to actually release it.

And the really sad thing is that I can honestly tell you the one from the 90's is the best of the bunch.

• Thumbs Up 9

The difference? They knew the one from the 90's was a piece of crap and was never planning to actually release it.

And the really sad thing is that I can honestly tell you the one from the 90's is the best of the bunch.

And you know it must be bad if this movie makes Roger Corman's 90s FF movie look like a masterpiece.

Admittedly, I was more than willing to give this movie a chance when I first saw the trailer, even if it didn't look all that spectacular. However, judging from all the reactions and reviews, I can safely say I'm not going anywhere near this movie anytime soon. Like Pixels, the more I hear of it, the less I want to see it. Difference is, I'd actually be willing to rent Pixels at a later date, whereas I'm probably never going to see this one in my life time. 

My main beef with the Fantastic four movies, (At least the previous two and this one) is their tones... The previous one had a much more comedic tone, and at times was just downright cringe worthy. But with this one, from what I've seen and heard, is trying way too hard to be serious and grimdark, the exact opposite of the last two. 

I'd love to see a Fantastic Four movie in the same vein as Guardians of the Galaxy... A movie with comical fun and action, while managing to have serious moments with the characters and high stakes. 

On the topic of the sequel... Heh, good luck with that. If I've learned anything from movies that flopped, it's that the sequel never comes through. Just look at Last Airbender, Dragon Ball Evolution, and any other flop that failed to perform with the box office or the critics. If anything, I'm expecting a reboot in 2017... And even then, I'm skeptical as to how it'll perform.

Edited by Emperor Robrainiac
  • Thumbs Up 1

Boy this is a gift that just keeps giving isn't it?

Josh Trank and Miles Teller almost had a goddamn fistfight on set.

The rest of the cast had to stop them before anything could happen. Trank also was a dick around Kate Mara, apparently because she was picked as Sue Storm against his wishes.

You know, it's shit like this makes it clear to me that Trank really was trying to save face with his now-deleted comment mentioned before. 

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, it's shit like this makes it clear to me that Trank really was trying to save face with his now-deleted comment mentioned before. 

Yeah, sounds like he was also a source of trouble for the film... it's possible he was a one-hit wonder, it's not unheard of in film-making for all the pieces to fall together perfectly for a single film but not be sustainable in the  long term

• Thumbs Up 1

From what I heard, the director actually DID plan to release it. I even heard another rumor that it wasn't even Fox that shut it down, but some guy named Avi Arad (apparently a Marvel exec) heard about the low budget film and felt it would cheapen the brand, so he purchased the rights and ordered all copies to be destroyed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fantastic_Four_(unreleased_film)#Marketing_and_release_plans

It was Stan Lee who stated that it was produced only to keep the rights to Fantastic Four films, which was dismissed by Corman and Eichinger.

So the film now stands at 8% on RT, making it the worst-reviewed comic-book/superhero film adaptation ever on the site (as I predicted / warned a couple of pages ago). Meanwhile on Metacritic, it stands at 27, tying with Catwoman as the second-worst reviewed comic-book/superhero film adaptation on that site (again, based on the aforementioned list of superhero/comic-book films with mediocre/poor reviews), only Superman IV: The Quest for Peace holds a lower MC score at 22.

rNLtxqg.gif

e: Here's a bonus bit, from an article by The Hollywood Reporter on the film's troubled production:

robert2.gif

And that's not all, because the film has taken a devastating 69% plunge in it's second week. Now I really believe Fox was just saving face when they said they were gonna make a sequel to this shit.

So the film now stands at 8% on RT, making it the worst-reviewed comic-book/superhero film adaptation ever on the site (as I predicted / warned a couple of pages ago). Meanwhile on Metacritic, it stands at 27, tying with Catwoman as the second-worst reviewed comic-book/superhero film adaptation on that site (again, based on the aforementioned list of superhero/comic-book films with mediocre/poor reviews), only Superman IV: The Quest for Peace holds a lower MC score at 22.

rNLtxqg.gif

e: Here's a bonus bit, from an article by The Hollywood Reporter on the film's troubled production:

robert2.gif

Whoever the actor was in calling out Trank's shit, I want to give them a cookie. Their choice of any kind. I have my suspicion that it was the guy he had the most friction with though, the actor who played Reed Richards.

Edited by DarkLight

Does the Thing even say his catchphrase "It's Clobbering time!" or he's just a speechless monster in this?

Does the Thing even say his catchphrase "It's Clobbering time!" or he's just a speechless monster in this?

don't worry he does. But thing's voice sounds incredibly shifty though.

Well Movie Bob did do a video about this movie and its future. He brings up interesting stuff if you didn't know about it before.

• Thumbs Up 3

I saw it a few hous ago. It's not as bad as everyone is saying. I've seem worse. Wolverine Origins is way worse. It's not nearly as explosive as any other Marvel film today, and the scenes on the other dimension screams green screen, but, eh. Had fun, it's a super hero PEG12 movie, nothing more than this, so whatever.

He says his catchphrase, but in a sad sad attempt to make every single thing in this movie dark, and gritty, the origin of the '''It's clobbering time'' catchprase is 

a phrase Ben Grimm's older brother would constantly say when he was punching Ben

Oh this gets even better.

Turns out the actress who played The Invisible Woman hasn't read a comic in her life. But want to know what's even better? She planned to read a few FF comics so she could at least get a grasp on the characters, only for the director of the film not to waste her time with it.

Kate Mara had initially wanted to read Fantastic Four comic books to prepare for her role as Susan Storm, but the filmmakers explained to cast that it was unnecessary as the film was an original story not based directly on the comics.

Source: IDMB 

Edited by Ryannumber1gamer
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh this gets even better.

Turns out the actress who played The Invisible Woman hasn't read a comic in her life. But want to know what's even better? She planned to read a few FF comics so she could at least get a grasp on the characters, only for the director of the film not to waste her time with it.

Source: IDMB 

Not that it would had mattered much anyway if she actually did. From what I've read about the film's plot, her characters hardly even spends time with the other main three main "F4" characters for most of the movie. I believe it's said that it's only up until Doctor Doom emerges as the antagonist that she joins the group proper to fight him.

Edited by Gabe

• 2 months later...

Yawn.

Unimaginative "everything in Hollywood nowadays must be bleak and blue or gray" reimagining.

Not that you can't do great and imaginative melancholy stuff with movies, but come on, it's the F4

3234975539_74ae7dbdb4.jpg

jack-kirby-fateful-stimulator-2.jpg76106a75af33e36d416a74e4cae46bf4.jpg

2800806039_f8710e2ac7_o.jpg

8585502145_1cf792daf7_b.jpg

OMG!!!!!!!! Somebody posted fantastic 1960's Marvel art work and from Jack Kirby of all people... and it wasn't me!!!!!!!! OH JOYOUS OF DAYS!!!!!!!!

I haven't seen the movie yet because I'm scared I might be insulted as a FF fan but besides Johnny being black and Sue a brunette WTF is going on with Doc Doom. From reading the responses I hear he is a hacker or an alien?? WHAT WERE THEY THINKING!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I haven't even seen the movie yet and I can already tell it is, and I quote from AVGN "Not a piece of shit. No. It's the whole shit".

Right...

So anyways, now that this movie totally tanked its a good chance that F4 can finally be brought into the MCU mold? I hope Marvel is working on that.

Honestly, the first part of the movie was alright, but when they actually got their super powers, thats when my interested dropped. Thats pretty bad for a movie about super heroes T-T

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...