Awoo.

Sega Plans 2015 - Service Games Games

ChikaBoing

Someone's just been given a prrrromotion.

http://www.licensing.biz/news/read/sega-europe-promotes-stacey-bates-mccue-to-head-of-creative-licensing/042435

Seems like First4Figures has their prototype sketches up for the 25th anniversary statue. Classic Sonic playing what looks like a Dreamcast on an in game powerup monitor on a Green Hill looking base.

FB_IMG_1437536653763.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

So has anyone hear anything about the Sonic Central app? I thought we were going to see that this Summer?

Seems like First4Figures has their prototype sketches up for the 25th anniversary statue. Classic Sonic playing what looks like a Dreamcast on an in game powerup monitor on a Green Hill looking base.

FB_IMG_1437536653763.jpg

That actually looks really cool. I wish I had money.

FB_IMG_1437536653763.jpg

What's up with Classic Sonic's face though ???

• 2 weeks later...

This photo is from April 8th.

Kazachok-pariseventcenter-jaulin-3.jpg

It's Sega's booth for a French Licensing event. The REALLY interesting thing is that sign, specifically the bottom part of it, some of the images I can make out are from SLW, the ASR toys... but that bottom image, really unsure as to what that is, trying to find a better image.

The show was the kazachok licensing forum, sadly though there's no much info/coverage on it.

Edit: Another pic

Salon_Kazachok_Licensing_Forum_paris_eve

Edited by Hogfather

The closest thing I could relate to that bottom Sonic image would be 90's cartoon Sonic running, but I can't find any similar art and I highly doubt that's what it is anyway. Definitely interesting.

EDIT: Googled "sonic running"...surely it isn't this fanart...?

e7b9bf40fa10ba2a451191a8f84f3883-d66rrwc

What makes it look similar to me is the shape of the white inside of his running feet, otherwise it is kind of a typical Sonic pose.

Edited by MykonosFan
  • Thumbs Up 1

The "big guys" at SEGA hardly check this stuff I guess. That's a fair in France? They probably were warned last minute to design a booth for it, and the office responsible put their interns to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! Didn't Sega say there will be news on the next home console Sonic game at some gaming expo thing in September?

Edit: Yeah, here! http://www.tssznews.com/2015/07/31/vegas-licensing-expo-newsletter-speaks-of-sonic-25th-anniversary-celebrations/

That's less than a month away right? :D 

No they did not.

Vegas licesning expo was over a month ago.

That news was posted on our site a few weeks ago.

Looks like the American HQ's move is finally complete, as they now have a new office in Burbank.

Seems they still are keeping some operations in San Francisco, though, as they now have another office in the city different from the original.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Holy shit they moved to my hometown! damn wish I still lived their Burbank is a super-expensive place to live in california, you need 5 digit incomes just to survive and 6 to live well.

Between the anniversary and SEGA's restructure it's no surprise to skip this year. It's back to normal next year. Well not counting the whole anniversary thing. lol

Edited by SSF1991
  • Thumbs Up 1

I just hope that they'll pick a venue location that isn't too out of the way.

Ten bucks says it's SoCal, because that's where all the goodies are kept so it's the most practical to ensure they've got lots of props. Never mind it's also cheaper overall.

Bummer of course, but I'm just glad Crush 40 is doing its thing at YoumaCon. SEGA chose the perfect year to take off, since there's a pretty good alternative there.

Someone leaked this a while ago. And Sonic Runners will be playable during TGS 2015.

http://expo.nikkeibp.co.jp/tgs/2015/pdf/release_20150901_title.pdf

Post this website address to other threads in SSMB!

Great job ! (wow they conviniently gave us the English titles....)

Let see here, excluding the mobile only games like Chain Chronicles, Sega's current line up at TGS is :

PSO 2 PS4 edition

7th Dragon 3

Blade Arcus from Shining EX

Miracle Girls Festival

Yusha Shishu (?)

Steins;Gate 0

Criminal Girls 2 (wtf ?)

Chain Chronicles V

PSO 2 PS4 Edition

Nope. The game will be playable on PSVita & PC during TGS 2015. And the PS4 Version is still in development right now, but the information in that website address might be false sometimes.

EDIT: Btw, Could the new game that Sega was talking about when they admitted betraying fans be either Blade Arcus, Steins;Gate 0, or else? And Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice will not be playable during TGS 2015!? I may not be surprised and getting hyped about TGS 2015.

Edited by GreninJovan