Awoo.

your Favourite Sonic Fan games!

Drawloverlala

hello!

i know this topic existed before .. i've been checking if it was done before the Forum  was re-started  but i didn't find it..

so the original idea from this topic.. goes to the one who created it before :)

hope you don't mind it..

i've been watching around youtube some very nice Sonic Fan games... i personally don't play too much.. :D maybe someday i will play them

Sonic Vs Darkness: true nightmare revived

this one its so beautiful! is like a Sonic Rush mixed with Sonic Advance

seriously.. this game its just a awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=p4HSgu-4RdI

i tried to download it but just then my Laptop started to fail :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1hOs3LpTpVM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=waLICAGDlfA

aparently as been re-upoaded various times.. just like Sonic World (another one i like so much!)

Sonic World:

i like this game.. well.. its like a Sonic heroes.. but the thing i like the most .from it... they have been adding those characters that were forgotten by SEGA just like Team Hooligan!, Tiara Boobowsky (she is not officially SEGA but its like one more from Sonic team :D ) Mighty and Ray,  Marine and Vanilla and chocola chao.. Chaos , Tikal, Mecha Knuckles , Tails Doll, Mephiles (they even added him a new backstory.. that actually looks good)  i think i forgotting somebody.. but meh XD this game  is so nice..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SW_wDA22WyU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0rT6RItgK8&feature=player_detailpage

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh man, if there is one fan game we must talk about, it's the Sonic Before/After the Sequel.

94A.jpg?4857

Made by LakeFeperd alongside Falk and a few other musicians, these games received a lot of traction (After the Sequel in particular) due to their amazing soundtrack. I have a lot of the tracks on my "Greatest Hits" playlists if that says anything. The gameplay is very similar to the classic Sonic games, and the levels were really well done with polish and effort. Before the Sequel didn't get as much praise as After the Sequel, which ended up being the "Article of the Day" on Wikipedia at one point, but it was still enjoyable. I haven't played much Sonic fan games, but if you are going to play one, it better be these two.

• Thumbs Up 3

LakeFepord's trilogy of Sonic fan games are among the holy grail of many a fan's list I would assume, and for good reason. Before, After and Crono Adventure all have a very vibrant and pleasing artstyle for starters. The real praises I would guess many have for the trilogy (well, barring C.Adv, since it just reuses tracks) would be the soundtrack. My god it's some of the best I've ever heard in the series, fanmade or otherwise. Falk, Mr. Lange, Funk Fiction and others really delivered on not only crafting a unique style for the games, but music I would likely hear in a actual Sonic game with talents such as these. I seriously hope Falk gets recognized at some point and works on on actual games because he have real talent.

Gameplay wise all three have their distinct quirks; for instance Before the Sequel alternated between Sonic and Tails which I admit kinda broke the flow of the game for me so I could never really finish it. Plus the controls felt a lot more floaty than what I liked; but the aesthetics and cut-scene presentation was really good. After the Sequel is undoubtedly the apex of trilogy; amazing soundtrack, visuals that would give Sonic 3 & Knuckles a run for its money, creative zone tropes, its presentation knocks BtS out of the water. Not to mention the controls are much more refined and now you can play as either Sonic or Tails. Oh yeah the cameos and nods visual or music wise...I can sing AtS's praises but really it's just a great fan game.

Crono Adventure....ha, now this is funny one. It's designed as a Metroidvania, but I feel it wasn't worked out well enough? it can get pretty grating when you're just aimlessly running about and lost whatever directive you had. The perspective of East, West, North and South, on paper, works, but the execution still leaves a few kinks. Would have help to have an objectives list or something to help keep better track. I did like the powerup you can acquire though (which in Before the Sequel Aftermath was a precursor of those items as well).

yes, Sonic vs. Darkness is amazing for what it has; the controls feel tight and so satisfying when you pull off tricks. That is the type of control I want love to have in a new handheld Sonic game as an evolution of Rush Adventure and Advance 1; it just feels so slick. Visually it's pretty good; the added effects for Sonic and Shadow are a nice touch too.

Sonic Overture is another favorite of mine for its presentation and its concept from the pre-Sonic 1 development. What was took from concept art and illustrations was brought to life beautifully; seriously it gives me a vibe of 'What could have been' while playing the game. Control-wise it's nothing really noteworthy; it's the visuals and callbacks to that very early period of Sonic's history that's the real star here.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really don't like the Before/After games. They just play too weird and far removed from the Genesis games for me to really get into them. The music is brilliant stuff, but I was pretty disappointed when I heard the music first and played the games for myself.

My favorite fangame, other than Sonic Robo Blast 2, is Eggman Hates Furries:

It's like a Sonic game as developed by Treasure. My dream come true.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really don't like the Before/After games. They just play too weird and far removed from the Genesis games for me to really get into them. The music is brilliant stuff, but I was pretty disappointed when I heard the music first and played the games for myself.

My favorite fangame, other than Sonic Robo Blast 2, is Eggman Hates Furries:

It's like a Sonic game as developed by Treasure. My dream come true.

hello!

i know this topic existed before .. i've been checking if it was done before the Forum  was re-started  but i didn't find it..

so the original idea from this topic.. goes to the one who created it before :)

hope you don't mind it..

i've been watching around youtube some very nice Sonic Fan games... i personally don't play too much.. :D maybe someday i will play them

Sonic Vs Darkness: true nightmare revived

this one its so beautiful! is like a Sonic Rush mixed with Sonic Advance

seriously.. this game its just a awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=p4HSgu-4RdI

i tried to download it but just then my Laptop started to fail :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1hOs3LpTpVM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=waLICAGDlfA

aparently as been re-upoaded various times.. just like Sonic World (another one i like so much!)

Sonic World:

i like this game.. well.. its like a Sonic heroes.. but the thing i like the most .from it... they have been adding those characters that were forgotten by SEGA just like Team Hooligan!, Tiara Boobowsky (she is not officially SEGA but its like one more from Sonic team :D ) Mighty and Ray,  Marine and Vanilla and chocola chao.. Chaos , Tikal, Mecha Knuckles , Tails Doll, Mephiles (they even added him a new backstory.. that actually looks good)  i think i forgotting somebody.. but meh XD this game  is so nice..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SW_wDA22WyU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0rT6RItgK8&feature=player_detailpage

I agree with you OP haha. I much prefer VS darkness over Sonic World though.

Did you draw your DP?

I agree with you OP haha. I much prefer VS darkness over Sonic World though.

Did you draw your DP?

umm.. my avatar? hehe no :D heheh i found it around pinterest XD

i agree.. Sonic World focused  more on the characters than the zones.. it doesn't even have a story mode.. i guess there is just a few zones to go..

but since they have been uploading things with the time.. maybe they'll get to make a more consistent game someday..

but until now.. i guess its like a Sonic Heroes with the new and old characters that weren't originally on that game.. wich i think its the only reason i would play it :D ahaha!

the only "BUT"  apart from the zones develoment...that i have its about the characters's gameplay on that game.. they seem to be very slippery..

and .. well i use to fall on the cliffs all the time at other Sonic 3D games.. i imagine myself playing that :D  i would fall several times to the cliffs 

and secondly...it seems that all of them can do spin dash.. maybe they should limit some character's abilities.. because if not.. is like to play with the same character all the time (i mean by its ability)

enstead ; Sonic vs Darkness.. has improved so much from the first original game..to the level that i think this game would be very sold if it was an official

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HLEhzxV7nLE

• Thumbs Up 1

umm.. my avatar? hehe no :D heheh i found it around pinterest XD

i agree.. Sonic World focused  more on the characters than the zones.. it doesn't even have a story mode.. i guess there is just a few zones to go..

but since they have been uploading things with the time.. maybe they'll get to make a more consistent game someday..

but until now.. i guess its like a Sonic Heroes with the new and old characters that weren't originally on that game.. wich i think its the only reason i would play it :D ahaha!

the only "BUT"  apart from the zones develoment...that i have its about the characters's gameplay on that game.. they seem to be very slippery..

and .. well i use to fall on the cliffs all the time at other Sonic 3D games.. i imagine myself playing that :D  i would fall several times to the cliffs 

and secondly...it seems that all of them can do spin dash.. maybe they should limit some character's abilities.. because if not.. is like to play with the same character all the time (i mean by its ability)

enstead ; Sonic vs Darkness.. has improved so much from the first original game..to the level that i think this game would be very sold if it was an official

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HLEhzxV7nLE

Do you have an account somewhere where your art is available 0.0

Yeah I know! I wish SEGA would release a game like this.= with a story and all. I'd prefer more than just Sonic and Shadow though.

My favorite fan games are "Sonic Robo Blast", "Sonic Robo Blast 2", and "One Girl Amy". Sure SRB1 looked and played like crud, but it was very nostalgic for me; and it introduced me to calling Robotnik as "Robuttnik".

"Sonic Robo Blast 2" really proved how powerful the "DOOM" engine really is. My dad downloaded this game from "Caiman Freeware Games" (it's still up). The game, for me at least, ended after I defeated "Castle Robotnik" boss which was drastically different than it appears now. The old boss battle was this area that looked like "Techno Hill Zone" (from said game) and it had this metallic platform floating above the purple goop also from THZ. Now, it's a "full-fledged" Sonic game with gorgeous zones and excellent soundtrack. 

"One Girl Army", as far as I can remember, was a combat game where Sonic and co. wanted to get away from Amy so they took an "Extended" vacation. Robotnik notices this, and sends out his badniks. Now Amy has to fend them off. I think it had a password feature.

Another one of my favorite is by "Stealth": "Sonic The Hedgehog: Project Mettrix". You play as Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles through a few zones, The zones are limited, though, but they're still fun. You can't pass "Guardian Castle" due to the boss being invincible.

Also try out "Sonic & Knuckles Flickies Panic" and "Sonic & Knuckles: Double Trouble". Both are fantastic games with colorful graphics. They're by "LionSoft Games". And "Chao World" too, also by them.